Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faith

The Jedi Master flashed her a pleased grin. He'd been worried that Tasha might see his views on things as radical, as so many others had elected to do. They could not break out of the dogma they'd steeped themselves in for years, and while Cedric understood the difficulty in doing so, he found it rather tiring.

"Welcome to the Imperium, then," he chuckled, "Well, before we get you into anything - I need to know about your training. You say that you ended your career with the Jedi as a padawan. I feel the Force swirling about you, so I know your powers have grown since then, but have you ever undertaken the Jedi trials?"

[member="Tasha Blackmoor"]

He seemed happy that she'd agreed. Welcome to the "Imperium" he told her. She nodded with a smile, then had to rub her chin as he asked about her training, that he could feel the force around her, but if she'd undertaken the jedi trials. At that she immediately shook her head, "No, I never came back to it. So you'll find my range of abilities more lacking. I know all of the core abilities quite well. Aside from that my specialties are all just advancements of things I learned as a Padawan. Technokinesis has always been my greatest strength, and while I only use it at times I am fortunate to have Shatterpoint. Precognition, telikinesis, and movement are my next in something akin to that order." she explained.

She let her head move side to side, "Although, I had come up with...my own methods. No, techniques, or strategies, is better. I called it the Way of the Yaka. Consider it something alike to the strategy of Niman, but with a modern 'take' so to speak. With application of blasters, shields, armor, and environment. Naturally, in my case, I made that focus extend to techno-kinesis. But it's applicable without it. I started that as a Padawan, which is probably why I'm good at it. Once I was...free again. I just further perfected it on my own."

[member="Cedric Grayson"]

The Jedi Master listened in careful silence as he considered her words.

He wasn't surprised that she'd honed her skills, though he was pleased that she had. Tasha did not strike him as the sort to need any extra training, but tradition demanded certain things. If she was to return to the Jedi, then it was best she acquiesced. He paused for a few moments to come up with the right wording before he replied.

"I'd be interested about this 'Way of the Yaka'," he admitted as he leaned back in his chair, the front legs of it lifting into the air a few feet. "That being said, there is something important. You are far from a padawan now, Tasha. Reforged into something greater. It is only fitting you bear a title that befits such change."

Another pause.

"I would grant you the title of Jedi Knight here and now, but tradition demands trials. If you are open to such, we can arrange for such trials. All Jedi must undergo them to become knights - as you likely know."

Tasha Blackmoor Tasha Blackmoor

Tasha smiled and nodded as he mentioned being interested in the Way of the Yaka. Though that was for a later time. She raised her eyebrows as she leaned back int he chair so far. And as he moved on to the current situation. That she was clearly no longer a padawan. And that due to this, she would be granted the title of Knight. But that it was necessary for her to undergo the trials, in order to have titles officially.

"I understand." She answered nodding her head, "Some of these may be easy but...others not so much, as my training was unfinished. And I don't remember what the trials require. The only two things I'm sure of are my combat ability and my technopathy. Outside of that." she shook her head regretfully, "I just haven't got much in regards to a Jedi's requirements. Heh, unless business skills count."

Life was hard, and while Tasha might have appeared to thrived outwardly. She had still had many flaws with which she needed to work through before she could ever finally reach peace. Her trauma and her lack of some experience in some matters being the biggest two on her mind right now.
P Placeholder 0128

The Jedi snickered.

"The qualities of a Jedi are in the heart, not in skill," he assured, waving a hand dismissively as she spoke of her lack of training in the more esoteric fields. "I and the other masters will teach you whatever we know of the living Force. There is much to be learned, but the trails will beign your tutelage. A Jedi generally does not learn of the greater nature of the Force until they've achieved a mark of mastery, anyway."

Another cup of caf was poured. Cedric had minor jitters, but it didn't stop him from taking a long swig.

"There are the Trial of Skill, the Trial of Courage, the Trial of the Flesh, the Trial of Spirit, and the Trial of Insight. All are great tasks, and so your journey into knighthood will be a difficult one. I have faith in you, however." He offered her a wide grin. There was confidence behind that smile - Cedric was certain of his decision to bring Tasha into the fold.

"You may choose the first you wish to tackle. I will do my best to host them properly for you."

She nodded her head as he mentioned it being heart, though she still sometimes felt lacking. Even in that route. He also offered though that she could be taught more and that, and that it was already normal that mastery was of course more common with the mark of master. He sure did to need a lot of coffee. Not an unfamiliar feeling. She didn't rely on coffee much, but she knew the feeling of downing it when it was necessary to keep conscious.

He then mentioned the different trials. Skill, Courage, Flesh, Spirit, and Insight. He mentioned that he had confidence in her and she smiled, "Thank you." she said quietly, before he asked now which to tackle first. She, currently, was still unsure of herself. Courage was the last one on her mind, for while she could face an army and have only a tinge of fear, there was still something she dreaded going back to. There was one thing she believed she might have greater chance at, something to help her get started that at least she hoped she'd be more familiar with, "I would like to attempt the Trial of Skill first. I think it'd be the best way to get started."

P Placeholder 0128

The Trial of Skill was a good choice, and one most often chosen as the first for aspiring knights should they be given the privilege of deciding what order to take them in. Tradition dictated that it be a wholly random affair, but the galaxy's chaotic nature had made unusual cases far more common. If he'd met Tasha five years ago, Cedric might have balked at the idea of running the trials in such an artificial sense.

How times had changed.

"A good idea. A test of raw skill is a good way to prepare yourself for the more spiritual trials later on." He paused, brow furrowing as he perused his thoughts. What would be fitting for Tasha?

"I will devise a trial for you. I know of a particular Jedi Master that might be helpful to you in this endeavor, Miss Alyson Halle Alyson Halle . She helped to conduct my Jedi trials in my early days."

He seemed good with that choice. And said he would prepare the trial and had a master in mind, one who apparently assisted him in the past as well in his trials. Tasha nodded gratefully, "Thank you. Then when should I be ready to meet them?" she inquired.

There may be many trials ahead. Tasha was perhaps a skilled individual, intelligent enough to run a country, and used to the difficulties of combat. But there was far more to being a Jedi then such things. Whoever the person was who he planned on helping her she hoped was good at it. Because while Tasha was great in a fight, especially with all her equipment. She lacked many of the actual powers expected to grow from a Jedi.

Things had to change, she had to grow. It had been so long since she'd done much more then simply practice. It was time to make herself worth something again. More then just a businesswoman and heir. More then just a plague to slavers. She could help.
P Placeholder 0128

"Honestly? No idea." Cedric snickered as he slowly rose from his chair. His arms folded behind the small of his back as he strode about his office, coming to a halt in front of the massive windows that allowed him a greater view of Coruscant. Something came to the forefront of his mind, a task that Tasha's skills might very well be handy in.

"While I do that, there is something you could do," he spoke as he turned back to face her. "We've received a recent influx of refugees. good people, all of them, but they're plagued by terrorist attacks. I've sent some people to figure out why and where these attacks are coming from."

He gestured out toward the lands below. "Would you be interested in assisting?"

Tasha grunted slightly as he mentioned he didn't actually know the date. Fair enough, she gripped her chair preparing to stand up as he did, Turning around to watch him. This was preferred to sitting. There were only two reasons she'd be sitting if others were standing: 1. Ceremonial or formal reasons. And 2. Practical reasons, usually meaning she'd been in a fight or was just working.

He mentioned there was something else she might be able to do in the meantime. He mentioned refugees, at first she was unsure what the mission was. Then he mentioned the reason. Terrorists. And finding their origins. Tasha might be a soldier and a businesswoman in how she worked, but she was smart enough and had some of the right skills for how this job was set up. Find the terrorists, and she presumed, catch or kill them. She nodded her head, she would not smile for that question. People were being terrorized. "I most certainly would. Just tell me what I need to know and what I should do, or send me to those who will." she answered.

"Though, you will have to tell me what I am permitted to do. The authority with which I am acting. It is important I know my limitations and allowings so I can do this correctly. Including what to do in emergencies."

P Placeholder 0128

A good question.

Cedric trusted Tasha already, a consequence of her openness about the issues she'd faced. She wasn't a Jedi yet, however, and it would be a bit irresponsible to grant her the full autonomy of one. No, something else would have to do.

"For now, I'll see to it that you have the same privileges of the local police. That should help you accomplish whatever you need to do." He offered, arms crossing about his chest as he turned bodily toward her. "Just meet with my secretary after we're finished here. She'll see to it you have the proper documentation, and she'll point you toward the camps. From there you can meet with my padawan, Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt . This is her case."

P Placeholder 0128
"Very well." she said simply as he said the same as local police. That was perfectly acceptable. She believed she could work within those boundaries. She was used to having to work with the authorities or others so it was certainly not much of a hinderance. And he said she'd be meeting with his padawan, she smiled as he finished. Go meet with the secretary, find the Padawan, and then it'd be straight to work.

"Then I shall be on my way I suppose. Thank you sir, and I shall be working on these things." she finished preparing to leave, and reminding herself to pick up her weapons on the way out. It was time to be of use once again. She had thought she'd never join any Jedi order ever again. And yet here she was expecting to face the Jedi Trials at her age. It didn't matter. As long as right was done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom