Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faith, Trust - a Priestess Must. [Fringe]

Blackthorne

She of the Trillion Thorns
Annaj

Not quite a month had passed since the official declaration of treaty and alliance between the Moross Crusade and Fringe Confederacy and peace was a well-woven-web now between the two factions. Talks of trade had already begun and, strangely enough, Moross had seen a notable influx of visitors from Fringe space. While it wasn't unusual, it did beg the question of whether or not the stage had properly been set for such faces.

On Exocron the Fringe Embassy was nearing completion. It sat to the west point of the capital, expertly crafted by the hands of Salee's builders. It was a beautiful place of white-washed pillars, polished marble, and bathed in the banners and colors of the Confederacy. Loxa briefly recalled how the freshly painted facade of the building glowed in the hours of the dawn as the sun broke over the horizon the morning she answered Aesir Inari's beckoning.

Priestess Visl, the Aesir spoke as they walked the halls of the grand Temple in the early morning hours, now that the Fringe Embassy is nearly complete it is pertinent we name our Ambassador and extend our welcome to the Fringe's own. After speaking with Aesir's Neth and Kalee we have come to a unanimous decision: you will be the Ambassador of Moross to our Confederate Allies. There is a ship awaiting you at the starport to take you to Annaj where you will introduce yourself to their leading Council and bid them this letter and gift.

"Aesir," Loxa remembered feeling overcome with honor, "I am not worthy."

You are the most worthy, Priestess. I know you will do very well.

There was a strange sort of feeling in the pit of her stomach that grew as her ship landed at the Annaj spaceport. Something of great expectation. This was a large step for the Crusade, and a larger step yet for herself. She'd gone from slave to student, pupil to witch, pilgrim to Priestess, and now she stood as the formal representation of her entire collective faith and people. The woman stepped from her ship, pulling the hood of her robe over her head as she took in the view of the port and the planet of Annaj that span beyond it. Somewhere out there were the Councilmembers of the Fringe.

Somehow her past, still so vividly burned into her memory with the visions of the Dathomiri clans on Aaris II, now seemed terribly distant.

No pressure.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Annaj

…it seemed that Loxa would have to face her future faster than she had expected to. Because Jared Ovmar, Lord of the Fringe and High Councilor of the Confederation, for some reason was waiting for her as she stepped outside of the spaceship and pulled her hood over her head.

Annaj, it was his world entrusted to him by Spencer Jacobs when she had left for the Wild Space with Ashin. Long time had passed since then, but even with her return he kept vigil over this world. After such a lengthy amount of time had passed Jared had come to see Annaj as his home and he would defend it from everything that tried to hurt it.

Simply put, nothing happened on Annaj with him knowing about it, the petty criminals were his and so was the even pettier bureaucracy. This was the reason that Jared was here now and not in the meeting room with the other Councilors. It had been a matter of getting to know their ambassador when she was still fresh off the boat, before she would be able to put on the hood of diplomacy.

“My Lady Visl, I presume? Charmed. Lord Ovmar, High Councilor of our little Confederation. I hope your travels were uneventful and boring, because as of today… neither of them will be fit to describe your life.”
@[member="Loxa Visl"]

The ambassador from the Crusade was set to arrive today, and as such Sargon found himself on Annaj. It wasn't his usual stomping ground, but it was a necessity he supposed for the present. He hadn't been surprised that the governor of Annaj, and fellow high council member had beat him to the punch though and was already introducing himself to the ambassador before he arrived. Dressed in a simple military uniform he stayed in the background for a moment as Jared introduced himself to the Ambassador and smiled, the man's manner had always amused him, and continued to do so.

Stepping up he clapped a hand on Jared's shoulder and smiled at the ambassador before bowing to her. "Yes, welcome, and I see you've met the more charming of our members. I welcome you as well to Fringe space, I am Sargon Vynea, I hope your journey here was pleasant? I have your dinner accommodations and quarters all set. I've assigned a ship to you for your stay, and sent all relevant information to your guards so you can look it over at your convenience."

@[member="Jared Ovmar"] @[member="Loxa Visl"]

Blackthorne

She of the Trillion Thorns
"Lord Ovmar," Loxa was taken off-guard by the sudden appearance of the man at her shoulder, but she recouped with an elegant sort of pause. That diplomatic mask had been fastened permanently to her the day she was anointed Priestess by the Aesirs. Any journey out of Moross space was one of diplomacy. This was how they grew their cause. This was how they spread their faith.

The woman tilted her head to him at his remark and considered it momentarily. Had her life ever been boring or uneventful? She could not recall a single moment. Every second survived was considered success.

"I heard tell the Confederacy liked to party but I wasn't expecting it to be brought to me," her smile was quaint, her propped brow wry. Loxa's golden eyes took in the approach of a most peculiar man, and her gaze lingered upon him a bit longer than was proper.

"A pleasure to meet you both," guards? She needed guards? "The Aesirs will be pleased to hear the Fringe is so accommodating and eager to receive us. I've never traveled to Annaj, where is it I will be staying Lord Vynea?"

@[member="Jared Ovmar"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Jared smiled as he felt the presence of Sargon, before he had even approached them. Sargon and him.. two of the few apprentices Spencer had had and the only two who had passed all the tests and could call themselves Masters in the Force, it shaped a bond between them. At least it was the way Jared looked at it, he had never bothered to inquire the Zabrak's opinion in the matter.

It had seemed unnecessary. As the Lord Governor took charge of the situation, the Lord of the Fringe did not mind to take a step back and fall back into the scenery of the moment. It was where he truly belonged, the spotlights were made for other people; this was how the world turned. Jared was certain of this.

The Lord could sense Visl's surprise at the mention of the guards, it was as much her posture as well as the Force sending it out in ripples and waves all around him. Secrets were hard to keep when in the company of men such as them.

“The guards are merely a courtesy, my Lady Visl. I am sure you can take care of yourself, an ambassador of our friends the Moross? I would not doubt it, but the Unknown Regions are a dangerous place. I am sure you understand.”

@[member="Loxa Visl"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"]

With a small smile and a nod the Zabrak agreed with Jared, "Pardon, Ambassador, it is simple protocol for Ambassadors of your importance. We have so few outright friendships, that it is important for us to protect the true friends we do have. You have no reason to fear though, the Fringes of space are not once they once were. In truth I think they were never truly as bad as everyone thinks, they are just very independent out here. A Confederacy has proven to be an incredible unifier for such an independent grouping."

With a simple flick of his fingers a woman trailing slightly behind Sargon walked forward and presented herself to the Ambassador with a bow. "My name is Pella, Ambassador Visl, and I shall be acting as your point of contact with anything you need while in the Confederacy." With a second bow the older flaxen haired woman moved to the left of the Ambassador giving the floor back to the parties.

"Well we have a lovely dinner to get to I believe, Lord Jared, would you care to join us? I'm sure you are by far the more knowledgeable on Annaj." Turning his head towards the Ambassador he smiled a bit sheepishly. "To be completely honest until recently almost all real governmental decisions happened aboard the Chimera, so despite it's role as capital really there was never a reason to be here. As Lord Governor of Bakura I spent the great bulk of my time there, and aboard warships. As for your quarters, we've contracted out some workers from the Moross itself to build your Embassy in a more secluded area. I hope you find them to your liking, but as I am not fully aware of the habits of your people, or your religion I wanted to leave plenty of room to create something more comfortable for you. I of course hope in our time spent together you could educate me in the way of your people, I always find the foundation of friendship is in truly understanding and accepting the other person, or party."

[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Loxa Visl"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom