Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Factory Development Threads

Yeah you'll have to forgive me for going on the attack in these discussions, Kahlil (the post right above you) literally just said the same thing.

what function would development threads even serve in the factory if they don't do anything that would change the outcome of the approval process
But what's the point of a dev thread if they don't actually do anything?

Nah they just don't accomplish what YOU expect them to do. I outlined what they can do. If you didn't read the first time, you ain't gonna read the second.

Make Dev Junctions. Make Dev First Replies. Have FJs support and help us come up with more ideas like they were meant to

also i advise being short and direct in these discussions, writing too much loses the reader and provides guys like me way too many quotes to pull from.

Quotes you may not entirely have intended the way they’re discussed. But we, the readers, have no choice but to try and decipher wth you actually mean throughout your Charles Dickens novel.

Whether or not the nuance between the difference of "what is it going to do" and "why does this need to exist" was caught, I like what I saw from the Factory Admin's pitch. You don't need something to "do something" to justify it existing, just to be clear, and even if this just ends up being a slot in the template that asks you to link to pertinent RP in order to show off that you did something in order to make/find/etc whatever it is you're submitting I think that's a great idea and and of itself.

Also if it's being added as a prefix (or is being suggested as a thread prefix) that is something that wasn't clear in the OP but I 100% want.

that is something that wasn't clear in the OP but I 100% want.

thats why we talk about stuff I just wish you competitive paraposting types would tell me what you want quicker but I love you all the same.

I know we put on a good show but Staff doesn't ever have a fully realized idea, ESPECIALLY when we walk into the idea/suggestion forum. When I come in here, it's because I have 70% of a good idea, and I want to stir you guys up into giving me that extra 30%.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
As someone that wasn't here when these threads were a thing and only knows of what they are through this thread, they sound like they could be potentially pretty interesting. Perhaps you could have development threads that can be like design expos where multiple characters work together to make something or testing prototypes sort of thing.

I know there are a lot of characters that are mostly company/factory oriented so these could be a fun thread type for them to stretch their legs aside from the occasional party or diplomatic thread. I'd be interested in seeing these threads, at least in concept, come to life and add a good bit more IC stuff to the factory. I myself enjoy featuring new factory and codex stuff in articles so having whole threads to make stuff sounds pretty fun to me personally!

Maybe even have like a Catalog showcase or something in them, depends on how they're organized and set up I suppose.

I'm the resident newbie on the website, and had only one (1) experience with factory so far, and one with the codex, both for the sake of refining the character concept I had in mind, from what I gather most submissions fit either in the category of being some really personal items that people make with consideration of their IC, or it is specific to what company specializes in and helps flesh out said company and their achivements, etc.

Obviously it's probably a lot more complex than that, but I'm speaking my point of view here, I think Dev Threads would be nice, both for solo and collab writing alike, and for perfectly tailored items for a single individual, to mass-produced or simply specialized gear made for specific people, group, or faction.

Anything that helps the story of character and/or faction flesh out and become more refined, is good, imo. As long as all play in good faith.

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
A suggestion:

What if there's a tangible benefit to completing a dev thread? Such as a character makes a unique weapon via dev, and is permitted to increase that item in number? It could be a means of showing effort with reward, and adds an achievement element to the extended RP lure.

I like having a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom