FACTORY 5.1 UPDATE
Alrighty. Now that we're officially open for business again, you might notice that the Factory looks a little different after the break. We've had a fancy (read: budget) face lift across the board and a couple extra tweaks and changes thrown in for good measure. A full list of changes can be found below. Important to note that this is an ongoing process and that some further changes might happen down the line as we play and tinker.
As always, you can find us in the [Factory Discussion Forum] if you have any problems, suggestions or comments regarding the Update or anything else Factory related. You can also contact the [Factory Team] via Board DM or via the #Factory_Discussion channel in the Site's [Discord Server].
In the mean time, please spare a thought to the poor Factory Judges that are about to be consumed by all the sub mods and pre-factory submissions that have built up over the last month. Remember, a little civility and understanding doesn't cost much and goes along way.
I'd also like to spare a moment to thank both the Factory Team as a whole and also Laira Darkhold for working to develop and implement these changes.
Stay classy, folks.
Full Factory Links
- Factory Staff Roster [Open Factory Judge Application]
- Factory Standardized Rules (Updated)
- Restricted & Banned Materials
- Reverse Engineering Rules (Updated)
- Submission Modification Request Thread (New)
- Second Chance Request Thread (New)
- Technology Templates (New)
- Vehicle Template (New)
- Starship Templates (New)
- Company Template (New)
TECHNOLOGY FORUM UPDATES.
General Factory Guidelines
- Removed: All Factory Submissions in the Technology, Vehicle, and Starship forums will be automatically approved randomly once a month unless otherwise specified.
- Amended: P
lagiarism will not be tolerated> Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Small excerpts may be included from other sources in a sub, but they must include a credit, link, and be clearly marked.
No member may "claim" an image unless they created it themselves> All submissions utilizing images must contain a link to a source where the image can be found. If the art is member created, credit the member. No member may "claim" an image unless they created it themselves.
- Removed: Particularly rare or powerful special features may necessitate using a lower level of production (for example, cloaking technology, personal cloaking devices, gemcutters, crystal grav traps, moon dust, equivalent stealth or anti stealth technologies,or rare canon technologies and their equivalents will only be permitted at Semi-Unique production.
General Submission Guidelines
- Added: All Affiliation fields must be linked to the Faction, Organization Submission, or Character where applicable.
- Added: In addition to Individuals and Factions, only Companies/Groups/Organizations listed in the Factory Company section or Canonical Manufacturers linked from Wookieepedia should be listed as a manufacturer for submissions.
- Added: Submissions that are components or substances/materials cannot be used in submissions with a higher production rating, i.e. a turbolaser produced at Limited cannot be used in a submission rated for Minor or Mass production.
- Added: Ratings found on templates should balance. For every increase you should either reduce the production value, reduce another rating or provide balance with a genuine, significant weakness.
- Added: Particularly rare or powerful special features may necessitate using a lower level of production (cloaking technology, personal cloaking devices, gemcutters, crystal grav traps, moon dust, equivalent stealth or anti stealth technologies), or rare canon technologies (Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainers, etc) and their equivalents will only be permitted at Semi-Unique production.
Technology Forum Rules
The Armor Rating Extreme will require the submission to be UNIQUE. This armor rating is considered very strong and are usually dealing with unique items that should be restricted to Player Characters only. > The Armor Rating Extreme will require the submission to be Semi-Unique. This armor rating is considered very strong and are usually dealing with semi-unique items that should be restricted to Player Characters only.
Starship Forum Rules
- Removed: Maximum Values By Manufacturer table.
- Removed: What Can Be Fielded table.
- Added: What Can Be Produced & Fielded table.
- Added: Civilian vessels/stations are defined as having an armament rating of 'None' and, if they have a hangar rating, should not be able to field a compliment of starfighters in a combat capacity.
Submission Modification Requests
New factory, new thread. Select changes:
- Added: New separate template request forms. Going forward, please put Archival and Pre-Factory Requests in separate posts.
- Amended: Writers are now limited to 5 submission modification requests at a time. This is to deal with the expected rush once the Factory is re-opened and may be addressed and increased at a later date.
Second Chance Requests
Second verse, same as the first. New factory, new thread. Please note that all previous denials of Second Chances are still in effect.
As you are probably aware, there was previously a substantial and sizable gap between Limited and Minor Production values. This has now been addressed for all sections with the following changes:
- Limited Production has been increased to cover a whole Minor Faction, Company or Sub-faction.
- Minor Production has been decreased to cover a whole Major Faction, several companies or groups. This will also give Mass-Production more weight and meaning than it previously enjoyed.
Are now uniform and color coded accordingly to reflect their values on the template.
Are so cool and classy we've added an extra field to all the templates. Please ensure you populate it accordingly.
TECHNOLOGY FORUM UPDATES.
- Removed: Archives and Artifacts Template. Holocron and Datacron submissions should now be made exclusively via the corresponding Codex Lore template.
Ranged Template Updates
- Removed: Reload Speed rating.
- Added: Ammunition Capacity rating.
Droid Template Updates
- Added: Droid template now features an optional section for resistances. These are highly recommended for models intended to be used in combat or pvp settings.
VEHICLE FORUM UPDATES.
- Amended: Materials with a Very High or Extreme resistance rating will no longer limited to Unique submissions.
Gundams, Mecha, Transformers, Etc.
STARSHIP FORUM UPDATES.
- Are still not allowed. Don't @me JSC.
Template Updates (All)
COMPANY FORUM UPDATES.
- Removed: Moderate rating. Submissions with this rating will be grandfathered across, but will be asked to edit should they later put in for submission modifications.
- Amended: Parent Corporation and Subsidiaries now listed under Corporation Information