Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Submission Modification Alternative Suggestion

Instead of resubbing each sub again and again to update it, how does this sound:
  • Create a thread where a writer can request their sub to be moved to a Pre-Factory subforum (like the one Codex still has and the one the Factory used to have)
  • Let them tinker on it there, change what they want, update it, etc etc etc
  • Then when they're done have them be able to tag a member of the Factory Staff so that it can then be moved into the pending section of whatever tech sub-forum the submission belongs to, where it can be filtered back into the normal waiting queue
  • Since subs don't need to be approved to be used, I think this wouldn't add anymore workload to Factory Staff than they already deal with
If this has already been suggested somewhere, then just link it to me and we'll be done with it cuz I can't read for nuffin :lol:

Bunker-level Normal
The only question I have for this, is what happens when the sub modification never gets finished for whatever reason? Do you relinquish the chance to use the older approved sub by using this method?

[member="Darth Carnifex"], I like this idea in concept at a glance. The Factory staff will discuss it shortly.

I'm not guaranteeing that we're going to implement it though, or in the exact same format that you've proposed.

[member="Gir Quee"] - As I don't want to clutter up the live thread, how many modification requests can we ask for in a single post? Will it be the original three, or are we looking at one modification at a time?

[member="Khonsu Amon"], that's a good point.

We're going to look at roughly ten mods at a time for the moment, just because I know we probably have a pretty big back log coming our way. I'll add that to the original post as well.

That may change in the future though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom