Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Event Interest?

Hi everyone,

I've had an idea in the works for quite a while now about this Hutt space saga, and was wondering if we still had some interest for it?

Not sure if we're all drained from rebellion/forum event and want a break?

Also if we're still keen, I wouldn't mind getting some helpers. The creative team has been helping but we've met a problem which is a bit tricky. Also ideas are always lovely from the masses. :D

I"ll put a little blurb up explaining what we have so far and then I'll chuck down the problems we have run into and see if any have suggestions?

A new enemy emerges…

Hutt space erupts into chaos after many of the prominent clan families are assassinated. Nal Hutta, Nar Shaddaa and other key worlds to the cartel are overrun by a new organisation, seeming to have formed overnight. All trace of the Hutt’s vanished, replaced with the newly acclaimed [INSERT OPPOSITION HERE].

Once a meager criminal cartel, this group has risen through unknown means to emerge as a fierce galactic organisation. Not sharing the relaxed demeanor of its predecessors, the vast forces of the Syndicate march to war. Hutt space expands dramatically, with each world taken by surprise as each fall to the might of the superior organisation. Assets are destroyed or redistributed, while old allies flee in fear of suffering a similar fate.

With their new sector swiftly acquired, the Syndicate turns their attention to Silver space. Inching ever closer through their waves of invasion, the enemy has now reached the edge of Silver Jedi territory. Unable to turn a blind eye any longer, the Silver Jedi along with the Antarian Rangers and other allies engage the encroaching invaders in a fierce space battle. While no victor is truly revealed, both factions return to their territories, wounded by out of the game.

Having tested the strength of the galactic crime ring, the Silver Jedi realise that this is a threat to the galaxy that needs eliminating swiftly. Operations are set in motion, with a large campaign drawn up to push the faction back towards the heart of their new empire. The Silver Jedi will protect the citizens of the galaxy against this new threat.

My initial idea was to have it set up like multiple dominions however with a invasion twist where the SJO is pitted against the enemy in a legnthy campaign across Hutt space.

However issues we have run into are as follows:

- what is to be done with the masses once liberated?
Hutt space is riddled with underworld organisations and slave-based economy. With an absence of this once liberated, what is to occur here? We need a solution for this. :D

- unsure whether to go about getting a PC-run organisation to act as our opponents or make it a solely NPC-led group?
We were thinking PC but struggling to find a right suit for this, so any takers?

That is basically it. Any questions/suggestions can be posted in this thread. :D

PS: Also if this interests you and would like to see it happen? Need some idea. Thanks guys :D

Also need to add that this was set up way before the emergence of the Sith Order.

So I'm not sure if this throws a spanner in the works of anything that has been planned already? :p

[member="Rasu Gan"]

Glad to see that you’re updating us on this wonderful idea! I, as you know, am all for it. Those hexes are chock full of planets and slamming the justice hammer on slavers is always of interest.

- what is to be done with the masses once liberated?
Hutt space is riddled with underworld organisations and slave-based economy. With an absence of this once liberated, what is to occur here? We need a solution for this.

Removing slavery will not be good for the economies for the planets in question, so I’m not really sure if there’d be a quick and easy solution to this. The only thing I can think of is having the OSJ set up a sort of assistance program for former slaves. Y’know, help them learn a trade, provide financial assistance, housing and guidance and get them onto their feet. Joza already does this on a (much) smaller scale, so I’d be happy to help out with something like this. Beyond that, maybe have some of our allied organizations/companies donate finances and resources, maybe?

- unsure whether to go about getting a PC-run organisation to act as our opponents or make it a solely NPC-led group?
We were thinking PC but struggling to find a right suit for this, so any takers?

Have we tried contacting the Hutt Cartel for PC opposition? Beyond that, I’ve got, erm, these guys but they’re still pending. They’re far from big time slavers right now, but I wouldn’t mind playing them as opposition if they fit in anywhere. I plan to get a couple more slaver npcs fleshed out and maybe some units. They're mostly for personal use but I totally wouldn't mind getting them involved here :)

[member="Rasu Gan"]

I'd be willing to help with this as well!

I'd like to get some new IC posts in with Dair. I can also help out with another old character, a vampire-esque Sith leaning former Red Raven.

Liberation of slaves and ruining inter-species traffikers day? I'm sold. Plus ya know gotta go hang with the Master [member="Rasu Gan"]. Also gives me a chance to make off with slavers weapons, tech and such then sell them back to people because credits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom