Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Facets of the Force (SJO)

Amani waited a little longer, growing more fidgety as the time passed. The mirialan was initially a bit too focused to notice Zilera T'daro Zilera T'daro , though her sudden affability left Amani feeling a little rude for not introducing herself sooner. “Oh... S-sure!” she stumbled as Zilera made her way towards the center. She hadn’t expected to come here meeting other padawans but the pleasantries were a nice if brief distraction.

Finally Amani sighed and unglued herself from the back wall. What was the point in coming if not to meet people? She weaved through the crowd, moving from place to place as she passed the many conversations already taking place. Catching Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric ignite a particularly large lightsaber got her attention, and she tried to casually slip herself into the discussion between him and Xian Xiao Xian Xiao . The lightclub was neat, though it was actually his subject that interested her more, “You said you’re a historian, right? What exactly does that entail?” she asked.

T h e G r a y P i l g r i m

Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot Zilera T'daro Zilera T'daro Xian Xiao Xian Xiao Griet van Vliet Griet van Vliet Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita Rick Kaloo Jasper Candos Jasper Candos

Iston was, slightly taken back at first when the youngling Slip approached him in all his vigor. He chuckled as the young man introduced himself and then started to question his abilities, ask how he got there and then want a demonstration. Iston spoke, both hands resting on the cold Beskar cane.
“Slip, nice to meet you — a rather curious name you have there... I am Master Voronwe, my friends call me Iston. To make a long answer short my dear boy— I got good, by ... praticing! Everyday as a matter of fact — series upon series of deep grueling meditations...” He stopped for a minute, nostalgia threatening to over take him of darker years past and what he had endured, but he quickly kept talking. “... As far as a demonstration is concerned, I’m afraid I must denying that particular indulgence young one...” He stopped, and an ornery grin formed on his face as he reached out through the force, and spoke directly to Slip in his mind, his presence strongly felt. << Never loose your curiosity young one, it’s very refreshing. Are there other questions you wish to ask? >>

Another one! Ashla be praised he thought.

Zilera another young one, a female approached Iston — her straightforward attitude was just as refreshing as Slips curiosity was
. “ Thank you Ashla for blessing this old man.” He spoke as his face beamed with joy, perhaps he wasn’t as washed up as he felt. He smiled at her question, his eyebrow raising slightly as he leaned in. “It got you to come over year and talk to me, ask questions and properly introduce yourself didn’t it young lady? I am Master Voronwe; Iston is my first name.” He inhaled, and then exhaled as he reached for his water, mouth getting dry from all the talking, speaking loud enough Slip would hear was well. “To answer your question, I specialize in force connection. I can duel with the best, and know offensive powers— but I have spent years honing my mind to be used as a tool for the force; one that allows Ashla to work, unhindered by my doubts and lack of faith.” He then laughed as she complemented him on his armor — given to him by his friends whom he had fought closely with during several campaigns. “Thank you dear one — crafted and made for me during my years of youth while fighting many war campaigns, I suppose I’ve just grown fond of it, too fond not to wear it proudly.” He gestured, ensuring if she hadn’t taken a seat she was welcome to one. “How about you young one — what do you desire, what drives you?”

Rick Kaloo Victor Akani Victor Akani Griet van Vliet Griet van Vliet Nej Aldel Nej Aldel Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Jasper took a bite of the food on his plate, looking around the dining hall to see if there anything he should take note of. He noticed some of the padawans (Xian Xiao, Subject 648 Slipknot, Zilera T’daro, Amani Serys) talking to the Masters. No doubt wanting to know more about the different types of skills with the force. It seems like the others were having the same idea as Jasper have but are handling it differently. He had thought about going to the masters themselves as soon as he went into the dining hall, but he didn’t know which masters were going to be there not to mention the possibility of him talking to a Jedi master that wouldn’t have the information he would want as he didn’t want to sound picky, but he also didn’t want to hear someone else story on the force or learn a skill with the force that he felt was pointless to him. And that was just the first flaws that came to his mind when he thought about going it. He thought it would be best to hear what the masters had to offer and wait, then goes to those he felt would help them. He saw one of the padawans, the one with a name he didn’t remember at the time (Slipknot) look at him which caused Jasper to look at him back. He didn’t want to seem like he was passive to him or anyone else at the place.

Taking a final bite of his food, Jasper crewed while a certain Jedi Knight and Admiral came closer to Jasper, quickly catching his attention. He was worried when he first saw him coming to see but once he remembered who he was he was less worried about that person but was still wondering what he wanted to do with him. His mind made fast reasoning as to why he was coming up to him. Something to do with the missions he was on with him? Something he did to him? Questions like these races through his mind. His mind stopped when he came up to him and began to talk to him. The second his words left him, Jasper felt relieved now knowing that he was just trying to be social to him. He honestly didn’t think a master would actually come up to him and talk to him.

But now that he did, Jasper had to think about what to ask the man, he didn’t know what his skills were with the force so he thought it would be best to start there. “What skills do you have with the force sir?”

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot Jasper Candos Jasper Candos Amani Serys Amani Serys Victor Akani Victor Akani Griet van Vliet Griet van Vliet Nej Aldel Nej Aldel Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita Iston Voronwe Iston Voronwe

Or'Fol couldn't help but laugh a little at Xian's question, but not a mocking laugh. One that was a little more joyful. He liked working with Padawans, especially when he could help explain something.

"Now that is a good question. The main difference is the hilt. It is larger and heavier than that of a typical lightsaber, even those used by larger humans. More balanced for larger beings such as myself. The blade is also more powerful, and can disrupt another saber's blade." He would then looked to Slipknot, thinking about what to tell the young fellow. He rubbed his chin for a second, thinking about everything. He then looked back, seeming to have an answer.

"If I had to choose one period of history, I might would have to choose the Clone Wars, or the Galactic Civil War. Both hold valuable lessons that should be remembered." He then looked to Amani, smiling a little. "Which leads right into your question, miss. A historians duties are two fold. Ensure that history is record for future generations, and to study the past, and teach it to others so that they may learn from it."

There were obvious differences once Or'Fol pointed them out to the Padawan. Without him doing that though, she would not have noticed or even known.

"So if yours is different, are there other weapons that are different too?"

She had no idea at all about the various weapons people could use and had never actually even held a real lightsaber. Training sabers just weren't the same. They might hurt you, but they didn't kill.

"Whoa! That is so great! The ability to disable another person's lightsaber would be great. Is that a weapon I can use?"

Considering their size difference, Xian did not have high hopes and totally expected them to be thrown out the window. Things would work out for her in time and she would find her place in the Order someday.

Deciding now might be a good time to move on since his attention had turned to two other people that had joined them. Making a quick exit with a bow, she turned to try and find the Knight that worked with water.

Groaning to herself, she saw Rick was speaking to another Padawan already. Walking up just as Jasper asked what skills Rick had, she stood quietly bouncing on her feet behind the boy. It wasn't that she was attempting to eavesdrop or anything...

Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Rick Kaloo Jasper Candos Jasper Candos

Rick Kaloo

R
Dining Hall
Engaging: Jasper Candos Jasper Candos | Xian Xiao Xian Xiao | Open to others

"That is a great question, and I can give you a great answer." replied Rick.
"I am proficient in most basic forms of the Force, including most of what you've learned. However, I do have one specialty. The ability to manipulate water." continued Rick. As he stated his waterbending ability, he raised his right hand up into the air, calling for the moisture in the air. Within a second, he had a ball of water the size of a large fruit in his hand. "As a species born to navigate vast oceans, water has always been familiar to me. Humans have been harder to teach than species more closely tied to water, but I have successfully taught them many parts of waterbending. For any species, it requires focus. But more importantly, it requires fluidity. Water itself is a loose and fluid substance, and it cannot be held without embracing its shapelessness. Being able to rapidly adapt to changing conditions, and changing along with them, is essential for mastering the art of waterbending. With enough concentration, water can be flash-frozen into ice, immobilizing entire battalions without ending their lives."

"But waterbending also comes with much simpler perks."
continued Rick. "For a skilled waterbender, drowning is an archaic term. You will be able to make fortifications out of ice in an instant, and your swimming speed will match that of a ballistic missile in flight. Deserts will never again exhaust you, as their high humidity and underground reservoirs are as excellent for waterbending as a raging river."

"Overall,"
concluded Rick. "waterbending is a unique and fascinating skill that is not only teachable, but also gives great benefits in everyday life."

Other Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys | Victor Akani Victor Akani | Griet van Vliet Griet van Vliet | Iston Voronwe Iston Voronwe | Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric | Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita | Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot

Engaging with: Iston Voronwe Iston Voronwe Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot
Open to all

"It's nice to meet you, Master Voronwe. And you're right, it did get me to talk to you." Zilera said, intrigued by the answer he gave to the question about his Force specialty. It didn't really fit with what she had heard from various other Masters. She had certainly heard that Jedi tried let the Force flow through them, but she had never heard someone who trained themselves only for that. Zilera wondered how easily that translated to other skills necessary to be a Jedi, like diplomacy or proficiency in combat, if surrendering oneself to the will of the Force helped or hindered.

Zilera took a seat, but didn't fully face the table, not wanting to close herself off to the opportunity of other conversations but also very interested in the one in front of her.
"Honestly, Master, I'm not sure what drives me. I know I want to become a good Jedi, but I'm not sure how I can best accomplish that. I've been training and I'm not really sure for what reason. I want to help people as best I can, and being a Jedi allows me to do that."

While thinking after she gave her response, she came up with another question.
"How did you find your drive, Master, if you don't mind me asking?" As Zilera said that, she saw the green-haired Padawan also seated at the table.
"Hello there! I'm sure you heard, but I'm Zilera. What's your name?" she asked cheerfully.

Griet van Vliet Griet van Vliet Iston Voronwe Iston Voronwe Zilera T'daro Zilera T'daro Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita Jasper Candos Jasper Candos

He turned to Master Griet. He smiled at her. "That sounds so cool! I don't know much about money and most of the stuff you just said, like, what's a mortgage? I don't even know! But it sounds cool! And fraud? Fraud is cool! Bad, and a terrible thing to do, but sounds like an awesome thing to fight against. Tell me more!" He said, eager to learn more.

Slip then turned maker to Master Voronwe .
"Yep! I have a weird name! My full name is Subject Designation #648. Identification code: Slipknot. My full 'normal' name would be Slipknot. I don't know why. I think the scientists that made me were running out of names." Slip shrugged. His face light up when he heard his voice in his head. A new voice! Slip heard voices all the time, but that was the only one that was real! Or at least, to Slip's knowledge, the voices might be real, but everyone said they weren't, but he wasn't so sure. Then, another Padawan came up, and introduced herself to Master Voronwe and asked him questions. Slip waited, listening to what they both said. Shadow man sat in an empty seat at the table, yawning. Slip made a slight, nearly imperceptible move of his hand, shooing him away. Shadow man ignored it, and continued listening. "I do have a couple of questions. One: What does it mean to be 'a tool for the Force'? Two: Who is Ashla? Three: How can there be such thing as a grueling meditation? I though meditating was supposed to calm someone. Four: Does the Force show you things? Five: Do you... often hear voices in your head? Do you often see things no one else can see? Is that a part of the Force?" He asked. The fifth question, or questions, was the most important one to Slip. He hadn't asked anyone before, and he needed to know if the Force could show them things, too. It would convince him if he truly was insane or not.

He turned to the new girl. "Yep! Hi, Zilera! My name is Slip! I was the 648 subject made as a genetic experiment!" He introduced himself. "You're very polite, you know that? You seem so kind, yet kind of lonely." He said. "How old are you? You seem older than me, yet I'm taller than you?" He said, continuing at a fast pace. "Are you Hapan? You seem Hapan. You even look Hapan. Has anyone told you that?" He asked. He blinked, stopping himself. "Sorry. My mind usually moves faster than I can think. Sometimes I get going and I can't stop and suddenly I get going and going. Sometimes it can get me into trouble. Sorry if I offended you in anyway." He apologized.

He turned to Or'Fol. "I find it funny, how, with history, people can shift it to suit their wants. Like, during the Empire after the Clone Wars, the Empire taught their children that the Clone Wars was started by a group of terrorists, lead by Mace Windu, and that the Jedi were a cult that wanted to bring down the Republic. Isn't that funny?" Slip said.

"What's a mortgage?" Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot asked, before proceeding to talk about how fighting fraud was perhaps the coolest thing an accountant could do in Jedi service.

"A mortgage is a loan taken out to purchase real estate, such as housing, land or, in a commercial context, buildings, and secured by what you're buying with it"

Mortgage fraud schemes include straw buyer schemes, that is, the victim's credit record is used by the perpetrator to pocket the proceeds of the loan. It's usually what the proceeds of the loan are used for that could prove fraud. However, even though Jedi can readily have access to unsecured credit facilities, the most common were loans taken out to cover medical emergencies, traditional mortgages weren't much of a consideration for Jedi: instead some Jedi took out ship loans, or commercial loans taken out for buying supplies on humanitarian missions. I really hope that whoever I take for a padawan is solvent: insolvency is a path to the dark side that so many neglect. However, padawans don't usually have much of an experience with loans or other credit facilities at this stage of their Jedi lives, she thought, while realizing just how unsophisticated Jedi were in the area of debt. Yet, Griet is not a bankruptcy trustee, and she was wary of people looking to Jedi-hood to pay off their debts: that sort of paddies would be better served by consulting with a bankruptcy trustee first.

"One more thing: before I take on someone as a padawan, I would probably ask for a credit report. If you don't have any experience with credit, that's not an issue: a person with a virgin credit report is still considered solvent. Feel free to ask me questions about what constitutes solvency or insolvency, or to refer you to a bankruptcy trustee if your debt load is high enough to consider bankruptcy: I am not a bankruptcy trustee"

The subject had piqued Amani's curiosity, she nodded intently listening to Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric explain his duties.

“So, how do you go about all that? It can’t all be just sitting around reading and writing everything down, right? And there’s so much to know out there in the galaxy, how do you even decide what’s worth recording?”

Amani felt that she was pretty well-versed in history, at least Jedi history, but it was all through book learning. The galaxy at large had become a particular interest of her's lately, but it still seemed a bit overwhelming at times.

Rick Kaloo Victor Akani Victor Akani Griet van Vliet Griet van Vliet Nej Aldel Nej Aldel Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Japser noticed the other padawan nearby after he asks Jedi Knight Kaloo his question on what he could do and in response, he took note of the woman ( Xian Xiao Xian Xiao ) by making a quick look at her and back at the Kaloo. He received his answer to his question from him as Kaloo explained what he could do and quickly made some notes for him to look at later in his head along with a profile on the Mon Calamari native while tilting his head toward the woman near her in case she tried to make a move. At first, he didn’t find anything interesting about waterbending but that didn’t mean he didn’t find many uses for it. He knew that human such as himself had flaws and breathing underwater was one of them. He didn’t know what type of life was in the universe, but he was certain that an opponent that was good in the water at combat would be bad for him if being forced into the water itself by the opponent.

“So it’s possible to make air bubbles using waterbending?”
He asked wanting to make sure he got the idea of water bending correctly. “ Isn’t the form of controlling water only good when you have water around you even if you are strong with the force? Most planets, from what I gathered, don’t really have much if any water to use so does using the waterbending form allows one such as yourself to use forms of liquids that are similar to water?”

Interacting with: Amani Serys Amani Serys Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot
Open to all

Zilera smiled at the barrage of questions from the other Padawan.
"It's very nice to meet you, Slip." She was somewhat taken aback by the quick read into her mental state, and decided to quickly transition to the boy's other questions and possibly pose a few of her own, in an attempt to deflect from the probing questions.
"To answer some of your other questions," she said, quickly recovering her smile. "I'm eighteen, and yes, I am Hapan. And I don't mind answering your questions. It's interesting." Changing tack, she asked a question of the younger Jedi.
"If you don't mind me asking, how did you become a Jedi?"

Noticing the Mirialan she had briefly interacted with earlier nearby with a larger master, she got up and walked over to that group. Before greeting her, she bowed to the towering Master before her.
"Greetings, Master. It's good to make your acquaintance." She saw his unique lightsaber but refrained from commenting, figuring that he had already had his fill of question from the group around him. She then turned to the green-skinned Padawan, waving hello before saying
"Hi again! What's your name? I'm Zilera and it's very nice to meet you."

Zilera T'daro Zilera T'daro Amani Serys Amani Serys Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot Jasper Candos Jasper Candos Xian Xiao Xian Xiao Rick Kaloo Victor Akani Victor Akani Griet van Vliet Griet van Vliet Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita Iston Voronwe Iston Voronwe

Open to All

As Aurelion entered the dinner the Council had established he couldn't help but be unable to quell a nagging disquiet in the back of his mind. Brief, flashing memories of elaborate galas and dinners on Hapes that always felt so cold, so clinical and covered by a facade that had always made him itch. By comparison the gathering here was small, tiny even, with a warmth the galas from his youth had never held. That disquiet was fed by the fact that T1 had refused to come with Aurelion to this event, electing instead to stay behind and study the various ships and shuttles arriving and departing from the landing zones. Making Aurelion not only worry about the little droid but also face, with no small amount of trepidation, the prospect of facing this situation entirely alone.

Aurelion would be lying to himself, however, were he not to acknowledge the greatest source of his discomfort here. The undeniable fact that he had already searched for, and found, a Master before. However welcoming Josh had been, he had always seemed incredibly busy and occupied with his abundance of promising students, success stories of ones he had already trained, and Aurelion's own timid demeanor was the main culprit as to what he perceived as his own failure with him. Studying with others, let alone sharing the supposedly very personal relationship between Master and Padawan with others, was something that had always struck a discordant chord in Aurelion's mind. A rippling wave of doubt and worry that had shaken him to his foundation.

As for why such a thought was so troubling? The answer is rather simple. To himself Aurelion seems unworthy of attention when compared to other Padawans Josh had been training, that his many issues and problems had been nothing but a bother and an additional chore for the experienced Jedi to attend to. This had, more than anything else, made Aurelion sickeningly ashamed of himself and amplified his already fervent disbelief in his abilities. While a gathering such as this dinner is very much nerve-wracking and spine-tinglingly uncomfortable for the half-Eldorai, it was nothing compared to how burdensome Aurelion had felt before. Coupled with intense, personal dramas tearing his attention away from his training.... and the effect had been nothing short of stasis and disaster.

Now? Now Aurelion was faced with a new question, a new opportunity, and just as many new doubts. Could someone... No.... WOULD someone think him even worth the personal attention? A wounded, discarded Padawan who's own connection to the Force rebuffed him at the slightest call? A Padawan whom had willingly given up from learning from an already esteemed Master once before? A Padawan, a person, whose turmoil would be able to be felt by any who approached him? Deep-seated and immovable as a glass mountain of worries and paranoia? The only answer he could arrive to on his own came in an old voice wholly NOT his own in a firm, simple 'No'.

All of this inner turmoil, all of this doubt, crossed his mind in the matter of a moment, and manifested only physically as his grip tightening ever so slightly on a glass of water he didn't even remember grabbing in the first place. Drawing in a slow, stale breathe Aurelion's singular eye swept across the room to take in everyone present. The ease with which they spoke of themselves and to others, how much more.... whole they seemed than he.... made him feel as if he had perhaps made a terrible mistake in coming here. Sitting down at one of the tables to himself Aurelion took a slow, single drink of water, hardly registering the cool liquid flow past his lips... before his ears sagged and he idly picked at some of the food in front of him. An intense melancholy falling over him as he idly chewed on a piece of food he could barely taste. In his mind's eye, in this dinner, in this gala, he was not present. Rather dancing before his eye he was a small child, back on Hapes, content and instructed to sit in the corner and enjoy what was provided to him. He could even hear and smell sights and sounds that were not there, as if he were a soldier reliving a horrid battle on some far-flung world.... yet all that was before him was a calm, tranquil dinner.........

T h e G r a y P i l g r i m

Zilera T'daro Zilera T'daro Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot

Iston cackled slightly at Zilera as she stated his ploy to get others to talk to him had worked — he was defiantly tickled with himself. He then listened as she spoke, noticing she was slightly unsure of her own reasoning as to why she wanted to be a Jedi. Iston remembered back in his youth his brash and headstrong demeanor — it lead him through many a hardships, but eventually he found his way. She then reversed his own question onto himself and asked about his drive. His hand stroked his beard as he thought, and then almost lost in thought he began to speak. “When we are young my dear girl, the roads we take often lead places we wish at times we could leave.” He paused, pain of the past now in his eyes as he pushed through it, and spoke. “ I was known in several campaigns as the ‘Force Brigadier’ —.... as title given to me by the people who thought I was an unstoppable force...” he chuckled. “ I have always been defiant, challenging the council... I suppose during that time purpose didn’t matter. Living did. No... Things such as purpose and drive came in my later years. I had lived my life, done many things, but in the end I realized my will, had been what lead me. I chose to pursue after the one that had always been there — I was driven by a desire to know Ashla further child. That truly drove me to further my knowledge of the force.”

He looked over at Slip, a smile forming once again on the old mans face.
“Those are all good questions. Let me tell you a story.” He took a drink, coughing slightly as he rested his hands on his beskar cane, and leaned in. “Once long ago — there were a people, who lived on a planet where the force affected the atmosphere... depending on the balance of it. The sun rose, then set. As did the moon. The people noticed that much like nature has a balance — they must as well... because for them, it was crucial to their survival.” As he spoke, his hands moved about as his eyes, glinted with joy as he unfolded the story. “They named the light, Ashla. Warm, life giving... full of serenity. They the night Bogan... cold, dark and unforgiving at times. Bendu — or balance was needed. They could not live without each other — and so child, from this story this how I live out my life. I seek to find balance in both. They are two halves of one whole.” He leaned back in his chair, continuing his answers to Slips questions. “Regarding being a tool for the force — the force is alive. The Sith seek to dominate and control the force, Jedi believe in submission to it. I believe we are to submit yes — but hone our body to be used as a tool that if needed, Ashla can use me as a tool to carry out judgment, or her will...” He grinned as Slip spoke of voices. “Hearing voices eh boy? Can’t say I hear voices — but I feel a pull to follow and act, and to me, I feel that is Ashla speaking to me to follow. But — there is another pull, another voice that wants me to listen, it is the voice of Bogan. We must choose to what and whom we listen and yield ourselves too.” The evening was getting later, and the conversation was getting better. This old man was content, and was thrilled by the curiousness of the younglings.

Objective: Look pretty with the red, blue and green bands
Interacting with: Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot , Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova , Open
He smiled at the green haired boy as he posed another question. What does a Jedi Watchman do. "The way I like to think of it is that a jedi watchman looks after a sector of space. As I said before I look after the Drogheda section so I assist law enforcement when they require it and make sure that any force sensitive children are given the option and oppotiunity to join the jedi order. Along with these roles I tend to stick as close as I can to home, which is why I don't like coming out often, not even for events such as these." Then the boy wandered off to ask more questions of other masters and seb took a sigh of relief. He was trying his best but even then he was still nervous about what he did and didn't say.

Which was when Seb saw a new padawan enter like the rest of the padawans he appeared to be here to speak with masters and like most he appeared awkard about it all but something was different in the way he moved and seemed to be. It was almost like he was carrying the brunt of a failure that wasn't ever his to carry. Something Seb knew unforunately all too well since seb had himself been like that which was why he had started his dark path. He had promised Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe he wouldn't turn down it again so perhaps he could turn another away from it before it began.

He got up leaving his plate and began apporaching seeing the padawan's ears sag and a melancholy fall over the poor boy. Which made him move even faster, he didn't want this poor soul to go down the path he had. No one even his old hateful masters deserved to know the true extent of that pathway. He carefully sat down soundlessly looking at the boy pick at his food. "Are you going to eat it or just pick at it? You know they went to a lot of work to get all this prepared the least you could do is pretend to eat it." He smiled hoping to get the boy's attention. "My name is Sebastian Sebita, but you can call me Seb. What is your name? I hope you don't mind but you seemed a little down and I didn't want to leave you by yourself so tell me why are you here?" He would wait for the boys response hoping it would perk him up.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot Jasper Candos Jasper Candos Amani Serys Amani Serys Victor Akani Victor Akani Griet van Vliet Griet van Vliet Nej Aldel Nej Aldel Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita Iston Voronwe Iston Voronwe

Or'Fol gave Xian a nod. "Yes, there are many variants of the lightsaber. As for you using it, while it is rare for individuals that do not need them to it is possible. Just train to use a weapon like this." He then focused on Amani and Slipknot. He nodded to them, thinking about how to answer. Funny wasn't really how he'd describe history being twisted, but it did lead to an interesting point.

"Well, no one being or group can record history be themselves. Choosing what is important means different things to different people. It's why we try to collect information from all sides of a story. To avoid what happened after the Clone Wars. Accept what we got wrong. And you're correct to assume it's not just reading and writing. It often includes visiting important sites to archive things there, or visiting planets to learn from those who live there. It honestly depends on what part of history you choose to focus on."

Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Iston Voronwe Iston Voronwe Griet van Vliet Griet van Vliet Sebastian Sebita Sebastian Sebita Zilera T'daro Zilera T'daro

Slip thought about the question Zilera gave him. "Well, I left the genetic laboratories, travelling out into the galaxy. After some time, a fellow experiment gave me a call, Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red , and told me about the Order. So, I accepted it, and here I am now!" He said. "What about you?" Slip asked her.

He turned to Master Voronwe. Slip listened to his story and his explanation. Huh, Slip was kind of confused, but he got the gist of it.
"Wow, a planet affected by the Force?! That sounds really cool!" He admitted. "But, wait, day and night come at certain and set times, because of the rotations of planets, it doesn't matter if it was balanced or not, as day and night would still come no matter what. How does this all work?" He asked, his head spinning. Then, Master Voronwe answered his question about voices. Well, that was a confusing answer. "Well, people say my 'hallucinations' come from my mental illnesses, but I don't think so, sometimes it feels like they are really there, just in a place in the Force where no one can see or hear them. Like... they are real, just things from the Force, that appear to me for some reason. Do you understand what I'm saying? Cause I sure don't." He said.

He then turned back to Master Griet. He listened to her as she explained what a mortgage was. Wow! It sounded really interesting. Then, she said something about a credit report. She then went on to say some more big words. Slip knew what a couple of them meant, like bankruptcy and stuff like that, but a lot of the other stuff was left up to Slip's guessing.
"Credit report?" He said, thinking. A passing memory went past his thoughts, something about borrowing money and paying it back and stuff like that. "Umm, nope! I guess I have what you call a 'virgin credit report'. I haven't ever really borrowed any money, or bought anything for that matter. I haven't ever really needed to! Is that okay?" He asked her.

He tilted his head at Sebastian.
"Wait, what if a force-sensitive child doesn't want to join the Order?" He asked him.

Pretending not to eavesdrop was very difficult and soon enough Xian was drawn fully into listening to what Rick was saying. Watching as he displayed his ability, she smiled. She had the ability to manipulate water in much the same way he did water. At this moment, the girl was very much interested in learning more from him.

"I could learn!"

Butting into the conversation, she held up on her own hands, and just over her palm, a small ball of fire appeared. She showed it off for only a few seconds and let it fade away. What he said about water sounded like it would far more useful than anything she could do with fire.

Choosing not to be rude to Jasper, she kept her tongue in her mouth while she considered sticking it out at him. Listening to his second question to the Knight, she waited on the answer and remained quiet after her sudden outburst. Unlike the other teen, she was enwrapped with what he had to say.

Her attention was entirely on Rick and while she wasn't trying to ignore anybody else, it might come across that way. Not seeing the arrival of Aurelion was unfortunate. If she had noticed him, a new wave of puppy love would have started, but that wasn't the case.

The other conversations going on around them washed over the Padawan as she waited to hear what the Knight had to say. Suddenly the voice of Or'Fol reached her ears as he answered her question. Turning back to him, she gave him a thumbs up and returned her focus to Rick.

Jasper Candos Jasper Candos Rick Kaloo Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

Amani nodded along with Or’Fol’s words. She knew the stories from the Clone Wars well, but there were plenty of stories out there she had never even heard of. Dwelling on the vastness of the galaxy made her head spin, but it was fascinating nonetheless. “So, what kind of places have you been to?” she asked Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric .

As the groups got more intertwined, Amani found herself once again next to the girl she had seen earlier, Zilera T'daro Zilera T'daro . Now she could at least introduce herself, “Oh hey! Nice to meet you too! I’m Amani. I don’t think I’ve seen you around before” she said cheerfully. She found herself more comfortable in the crowd of people now that everyone had started to mingle together.

Interacting with Amani Serys Amani Serys | Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot | Open to everyone

Zilera nodded slightly at Slip- his answer made sense, even if his background was still a little confusing to her. She supposed the Jedi were a good place for someone who might not normally fit into galactic society to reside. This was a very interesting person, and she had a lot to learn about the people around her. She also should probably answer the green-haired Padawan's question, as she had been lot in thought for the past few moments.
"Oh! Yes, sorry. It's actually nowhere near as complicated as your arrival to the Order. I displayed some aptitude to the Force when I was little and living on Hapes, and a representative of the Order found me and asked me to join the Order. Nothing too tragic or complex, I'm afraid." Zilera then rose from the table. "It was nice to meet you both, and I look forward to seeing you around the Temple." She bowed to both Jedi currently engaged in conversation, first to Master Voronwe and then to Slip.

Zilera then turned to the Mirialan she had tried to introduce herself to and who had spoken to her.
"Hi! And yeah, I haven't been at Silver Rest for very long- I've been somewhat shuffled around, and even when I was here, I haven't made many friends. I mostly kept to myself." Zilera winced, realizing how silly her words sounded. "Anyways, have you been enjoying yourself at this event? There's a fair number of people here," she observed, glancing around. As she did so, she noticed two people she had yet to interact with sitting at a nearby table. They both appeared to be younger individuals, but one was sporting one of the red bands around his arm, signifying that he was at least a Knight, if not higher. As she got closer to the table, Zilera noticed that the other figure, the one missing an eye, looked similar to the people she had left behind all those years ago. She filed this information away for later use, perhaps, and then turned back to the discussion at hand, now listening more intently to Master Moric tell about the historians of the Jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom