Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Fac\Codex permissions from deleted users?

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
Say I wanted to create a modified ship, but the original submission that I wanted to use as a primary source was made by a user who no longer exists, be they banned or somehow the account was deleted, what should I do? it's not like I can ask for their permission

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Say I wanted to create a modified ship, but the original submission that I wanted to use as a primary source was made by a user who no longer exists, be they banned or somehow the account was deleted, what should I do? it's not like I can ask for their permission
Link the ship? If its an old Mando one I might be able to help you out

Gilamar Skirata Gilamar Skirata

Thank you for trying to help Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla out. :)

To elaborate on what was stated above, in the end, permissions remain intact for all members be they banned or otherwise. Just because someone has been MIA for quite some time doesn't mean their property is up for grabs. Sometimes, bans are temporary, appealed, or members return after a long hiatus. They are still afforded the same rights as current members concerning who can and cannot use their submissions and any stated production values. Usually, the first step is to do a little digging if you really want to use something someone else has made to try and reach out to them.

But most often? Junko Ike Junko Ike and Inanna Harth Inanna Harth are 100% correct.

Creating something new under your name can be a better use of your time, plus, it allows you the flexibility to modify it at any time. If it's just a set piece you could also use a canon model in your writing to save on time. But, that is completely up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom