Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eye of the Beyonder (OPEN)

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
East Outpost - Hoth

The small outpost was bustling within the biting cold. It didn't seem like any amount of layers could keep the Southern Corellian warm. She missed her planet. She missed the city. She missed warm pies.

Gloved-hand tugged the reigns of the ton-ton as she wandered through the markets, looking for last minute supplies. It would be a long and dangerous trek into the wilderness. But the pendant resting against her chest, beneath her layers told her it was where she had to go.

"That many creds for a few days of crusty-bread? C'mon. I ain't a fool, mister." And so the bartering began.

[member="Ember Rekali"] (Or another character if you want to join, Jon).

Sure, it was cold. But he had seen colder. The Republic trooper armor was insulated, and his own body heat was cycled through yadda yadda yadda whatever, it worked and kept him warm and toasty, even as the outside world was friggin cold. A heavy white cloak was drawn over his armor, and for the first time in a while, Kaiden wasn't wearing face paint. That's because he didn't want to scare [member="Kitt Solo"]. He blinked, looking up at her.

He paused in front of the vendor, staring at him beneath the polarized lenses of his helmet. The vendor didn't look happy. He looked up at Kitt, speaking from behind his visor."You barter with people whom have something to lose if they lose your money. He's not budging. And it looks like someone didn't follow rule number one - come prepared."He turned and stared at the vendor. He leaned on the table, showing the Republic insignia on his forearm. More importantly, the military branch. More importantly importantly, it was Havoc squad. Somewhat notorious for well- causing Havoc, death, destruction, dismemberment, and property damage. The vendor grunted, and relinquished the price slightly. Kaiden looked up at Kitt, though, Kitt probably didn't know it was him. Coulda been anyone, thanks to Havoc's increasing numbers.

"Have fun wherever you're going."

[member="Kitt Solo"] [member="Doc"]

Well, I hate Hoth but it's the only place one can stay a step ahead of the Dashiell clan. Not that they're bad folk, and Judah and I go way back, but feth is there ever a lot of'em.

Gypsymoth's already iced over before I'm out of her sight. It's a good thing I left the Mandalorians shell gun on the ship. Solid beskar's a beautiful thing, but it'll freeze your hands and freeze to your hands in weather like this. I'm just packing my Ambassador rippers, my knife, and enough chemical hotpacks to cook a man alive. You know, should I need to get creative. Gotta be careful though, when it comes to using artificial heat on Hoth. Meltwater'll get through your clothes like a stiletto through skin, and when it freezes again, that's how to get contact burns from the cold.

The outpost ain't the rattiest little port I've ever seen, but it ain't far off neither. Republic trooper flying solo, maybe a deserter; threadbare vendors an' threadbare goods; a girl I mighta gone for as a younger and a single man; more tauntauns than you can spit at. Cold bone-deep and no free shelter worth the name. Gypsymoth's warm hold is a commodity, and I'm a little hard up for cash, enough to maybe take on a fare.

And would you fething believe it, I still don't miss havin' trillions.

"You'll be needin' something more than bread if you're hitting a trail out here, lady."

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

She caught a glance at the insignia. Even without her empathic skills it wouldn't be hard to put two and two together, with the man's height, clipped words, and muffled voice. The only thing that made her doubt her guess was his formality. Gloved-hand tugged the soldier's forearm as he turned to go. "Hey, you know a guy named Doc - also in the Havoc squad? If you do, tell him Kitt Solo...," voice trailed off as her arm fell back at her side, her attention drawn to someone else.

Whether he wanted to or not, this guy seemed to radiate a commanding presence. He seemed well traveled and prepared and had the gait of someone that spent most of his days traveling through space. Didn't quite have his land-legs on.

"It's multi-grain bread," voice deadpanned though her eyes crinkled in a hidden-smile that was lost beneath the red-scarf. She fought the urge and habit to clutch the pendant beneath her chest. The Eye of the Beyonder wanted to go soon. And by the looks of the darkening sky, it had good reason. There was a storm coming.

"Name's Kitt Solo. I was hoping you'd offer yourself as a guide around these parts but the way you're walking leads me to believe you're some sort of hypserspace junkie. What are you proposing, mister?" The tauntaun nuzzled the back of her shoulder.

Ariel Tull

A
The Maelibus Ariel Tull wasn't really planning on heading to Hoth, but in the process of heading through Protectorate Territory trying to spread the word she found that she wasn't good at driving ships. In fact, she was terribly bad at driving ships. So bad in fact, that she crashed her freighter on Hoth and was now marooned on the Icey world. Until perhaps she could find passage offworld hitch-hiking with other travelers. Though, there was a problem in the plan, as travelers didn't seem to land on Hoth unless they were crashing. As such Ariel had survived off of rations that survived the crash and the occasional tauntaun or ropo meat. Ropo-burgers were actually quite tasty if you could find a way to cook them, but Tauntaun meet wasn't that great. Almost as if the inside of a tauntaun were made out of thick, white, worms.

Though that was enough thought about food. Anymore and Ariel would start craving it, and have to go out and find something to kill, or raid what little rations the ship had left. She needed to find someone else, something else on this frozen rock of a world to help her escape. Although . . . in the horizon. Were those people? Ariel could have sworn she saw a human duo and a third masked individual. Was this a mirage? No, mirages were heat, not cold. Then, perhaps she could be saved! Excitedly she ran over towards the trio, hoping they were friendly.

[member="Kitt Solo"] [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Doc"]

[member="Kitt Solo"] was on to him. Kaiden was gone, as soon as Kitt turned around. A testament to his abilities as an agent of infiltration, destruction, and general mischief. Though, just because he was out of sight, did not necessarily mean that he may have gone, however.

"See you around."

[member="Ariel Tull"] [member="Kitt Solo"]

"Not proposing much. My wife sent me out to pick up some ration blocks -- one o'these'll feed a family for a month. Keep you going a sight better than some bread, on trails like this." He grinned faintly and tossed her a foil-wrapped brick. "Maybe it's you remind me of my little sister is all -- what the feth-"

A tall Maelibus lunged out of the driven snow, and a Tenloss Ambassador ripper, a fifty calibre revolver, snapped up out of Jorus' holster. The gun lowered as it became clear that the Maelibus was tired, alone, and lacking gear. "You all right there?" Jorus called, holstering the gun again.

Ariel Tull

A
[member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Kitt Solo"]

Ariel Tull continued forward, the human figures becoming larger and larger in her vision as she closed the distance between them. As she neared however she saw one of the men pull out a rather large and intimidating heavy pistol, and Ariel did what many priestesses with a gun held to them would do. She raised her hands. It should have been clear that she was unarmed, but the motion would have been a good sign anyways. The spacer soon holstered gun however and said something, though Ariel had poor hearing as a result of being witness to too many explosions.

Able to hear that he said something, but not exactly what he said and not close enough to lip-read Ariel walked over slowly, hands still raised. As she got closer she called out to the spacer. "My ship has crashed here. Can you assist?" She asked, hoping for some mercy in the hearts of those she found. If there was no mercy in them she could simply try to make something explode with combustion and kill them, though she was unaware that she wouldn't have the strength to make anything on the person of individuals as strong as Jorus or Kitt explode due to her lack of power. Still, she was confident she could find a solution in one manner or another.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Ariel Tull"]

"Thanks Mister. What do I owe y-," at 'what the feth' the foil, wrapped cooking was replaced with a bolter in her hand about as quick as her benefactor could draw. And about as quick the warrior-empath's walls were dropped to extend her senses around the Maelibus.

Hungry. Tired. Antsy.

Bottom line: not an immediate threat. She lowered her weapon a beat after the spacer lowered his. Shoulders slumped beneath the insulated jacket as the creature made its plea. "Karker. I ain't no do-gooder but you did happen to find the second best gorram mechanic on Corellia...here. Lead on. Oh, and if you're hungry, this mister seems to have a supply of food," gloved-thumb hooked over her shoulder to Jorus. "Names Kitt Solo, stranger."

She tugged on the reigns of the ton ton, her booted-feet crunching in the snow. "Your ship far from here?"

The pendant quivered beneath her clothes. They seemed to be going in the right direction for its needs as well.

[member="Kitt Solo"] [member="Ariel Tull"]

The moment seemed to deserve a bit of bragging about his wife, but for whatever reason the Maelibus set him on edge, tightened his lip. Maybe it was the horns. "I know my way around a hydrospanner, though I can't claim to be Corellia's best. Lead on, an' let's see what we can do." He consciously let go of the holstered revolver, and followed them into the wind.

Ariel Tull

A

As an armored man seemed to simply watch the Maelibus and the spacer duo Ariel did not notice him in the ice, instead paying attention to the pair of impromptu mechanics. "Rave Merrill be praised." She said as the two praised their skill. This was good fortune indeed. "My ship is this way, but quite damaged. I have little in the way of payment, though I can repay you in deeds. I am no slouch in a fight, and I am skilled in " Ariel said before slowing her speech, as if to think on how to best phrase what she wanted to say. "Removing obstacles." She finally settled on as they continued towards her ship, around a klick or two in the distance.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
Lots of walking and some colder toes later, her gaze picked-up on the Maelibus' wrecked-ship. Her shoulder hooked into the ton-ton's warm furry body as she used the beast like a shield against the picking-up wind and snow.

Skilled at removing obstacles.

She shot a sideways glance to [member="Jorus Merrill"]. She still hadn't gotten his name. A single chestnut brow lofted at what spilled out of [member="Ariel Tull"]'s mouth. "Rave Merrill? You know her?" Hopefully that meant this being was a Fringe-friendly. The ship seemed to already be half-buried in ice and snow.

"And they said getting ships out of swamps was hard," she grumbled, an extra layer of icy-snow already plastered to her jacket. "Where is the worst of the damage?"

He absolutely failed to keep his bewilderment out of his face and Force presence. He did not, however, comment audibly.

Nope. Nuh-uh. That is one I am absolutely not touching.

So what if his little sister had a worshipper?

"What make and model's the ship?"

Ariel Tull

A
Ariel Tull nodded at the Corellian Mechanic's remark. "Rave Merrill defeated the Demi-God Kasamann, earning a divine place among my people." She said as they reached the ship, every bit as wrecked as she could remember it. The Corellian joked about swamps, before asking her where the worst of the damage was. Ariel Tull turned and walked over about five meters to left, before crouching down and picking up a large piece of . . . something.

"I am not quite sure what part of the ship this is, but I think it should be attached." She said as she carried it over, before the other spacer asked what the make and model of the ship was. "A Tachyon Freighter. I believe Silk is the manufacturer. It is believed Rave Merrill prefers ships of this make, so my choice was clear." She said, before placing the part next to the rest of the ship.

"Though, if you two have other business I can assist you with that first. I do not believe my ship will be going anywhere in the mean time."

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Ariel Tull"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

"Aw, kriff," the expression was as much for the damage to the ship as it was for realizing she and the spacer were saddled with a Rave Stalker. *Worshipper

The ton-ton gurgled.

"No ma'am, it's okay." The thought of the stalker-Rave-worshipper-Maelibus sticking around to help was slightly terrifying. "Might as well fix her up before she's buried more than Pa's peas in his mashed 'taters. I'll start with...," voice was cut-off as the ton-ton reared and ripped free from her gloved grip. With a shriek that sent a shiver down her already-cold back, the beast took off toward the outpost.

A large fissure cut beneath her feet with a booming crack that echoed above the wind, spreading to where her companions stood. The pendant beneath her clothes burned as she began to fall into an unknown cave system below.

Ariel Tull

A
"I would be most appreciative." Ariel responded as the Corellian Mechanic said she'd start getting into it now. She began to talk about how some Southern Corellian Analogy that wasn't understood by Ariel, but appreciated by her puppeteer, before her Taun-Taun fled into the icy wilderness, and the ground split beneat their very feet. Ariel and Jorus, far as the puppeteer could tell, were not send tumbling into the lands below, but the Corellian Mechanic was not as lucky. Looking down the Maelibus took perhaps half a second to analyze the situation before speaking.

"I cannot abide letting a woman who needs help away when she offered the courtesy to me. Jump on my back." The Maelibus said to [member="Jorus Merrill"] before heading to the edge of chasm and climbing downards. The Maelibus spent much time under ground, clawing and rummaging through the earth. Her claws would serve as natural ice picks, granting her control in moving downward without needing a rope. It shouldn't have been too treacherous a climb. Hopefully.

[member="Kitt Solo"]

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Ariel Tull"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

The force master suddenly found herself with a good bit of hubris knocked out of her. And a face full of hard-snow. And a few bruised ribs. And a swollen ankle.

"Uggghhhh," moan left her lips as she gingerly turned on her back. Moving more seemed like a bad idea. Myrtle-ellipses squinted, as she tracked the descent of Ariel and Jorus.

"A Tachyon-HOLYFETH." Jorus careened back from the edge, caught his balance, and found himself jumping for the Maelibus. He'd never hear the end of this one, but it was that or do nothing about the woman who'd just fallen down the sudden chasm. He clung to the climbing daemonette as they descended. Once more he was reminded of his absolute inability to lift big rocks and leap tall buildings in a reasonable number of bounds. He lost his grip on Ariel maybe five metres from the bottom, and landed hard in deep snow. Sputtering with rage, he removed himself from the snowdrift and looked about for Solo. Everything was snow and darkness, and he had Force senses like Hutts had moves.

Ariel Tull

A
Ariel continued climbing downwards with ferocity, but also precision. Hoping to stay stable to as to ensure a pleasant ride for the spacer she continued downwards, until the spacer lost his balance about four, maybe five meters from the top. That was unfortunate, though Ariel was not sure how she had prompted his fall. She hoped he didn't have gain any extensive injuries, as having to carry two humans would significantly slow her down. Trying to remain optimistic she climbed down another three meters before detaching from the wall and landing on the ground with a thud. Looking around she saw Jorus, though she knew not his name, running around trying to accomplish the same thing, and three, maybe four corpses, long decomposed and down to the bone. People had traveled here before it seemed.

Finally spotting the Corellian Mechanic Ariel headed over to her location, before offering a hand. "Are you able to walk? I can carry you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom