Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private External Affairs

Saaraishash HQ - Yavin IV

Vaylin had a list of things she needed to do now that she was finally free from her recovery. At the top of the list was to speak with Adriana Fortemps Adriana Fortemps at length about recent matters. But while the Zabrak had managed to be up on her feet already, Jorryn was still neck-deep in her new responsibilities as Lord Inquisitor.

Despite that though, she still said nothing to Jorryn, arriving on Yavin IV unannounced, intent on surprising her girlfriend with a visit, a perfectly normal; not ghostly nor Sithspawn accompanying visit. Unfortunately, Vaylin very quickly learned that the Echani wasn't even present on the moon. It was a sad realization that sunk into Vaylin, noting how not even their schedules were in sync anymore. But the Zabrak brushed that side when she found who was present.

Rae Cooke.

It seemed in a rare occasion that the new hire hadn't been taken along. Maybe Jorr was giving her a break, or the more likely scenario in Vaylin's mind, saddled with some work while she was away. Vaylin was certainly familiar with how the Echani was when she had an underling to boss around. Plus she did want to meet the Corellian she had heard about, and technically met during the big meeting amongst Sith and Imperials.

But that was no formal introduction.

Another thing on her list, was a result of Vaylin being cooped up in a healing tank for far too long, in her opinion anyway. She was stiff and needed to stretch her muscles. So why not take out two birds with one stone? Find out more about this newcomer, while also throwing some punches.

What could possibly go wrong?

The Zabrak had strode about within the headquarter's hallways, quite familiar with its layout due to the numerous times she had visited Jorryn over the years. It was how she finally caught sight of Rae. Potentially lost as she seemed to dip back and forth, peering through open doorways, windows and such. Vaylin smirked, deciding to mess with the Corellian a little.

"Whatcha up to, Cooke?" The tone had an edge of accusation laced in it. She stood some distance behind Rae, arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.

Rae

R
//: Attention //:
//: Yavin IV //:
//: Vaylin Vaylin //:
c8408221bfef23e3aef6d1476fcbe626c5a2e833.png

Jorryn had given Rae a list of things to do; without the Inquisitor's influence, something inside of Rae had a bit more control. Her focus was to explore the building despite the laundry list of things given to her. The building was larger than she had expected, inside the so-called Saaraishash ran things. From the sound of it, they functioned similarly to the Jedi Shadows. That thought drove the Corellian to explore even more. The leather boots she was more akin to wearing tapped along the stone flooring. It was an odd thing how silent it was, but she figured it was because there had to be more going on than it looked like.
The Sith were more secretive than Rae had anticipated. Standing in the hallway, she paused and used her Mechu Deru to load the images she had taken to her secure cloud. Quickly deleting the pictures from memory, she went to move farther down the hallway. Unlucky that she had not paid attention to her surroundings, what a terrible spy! Vaylin, the Lord Inquisitor's significant other, had snuck up on her. A cold chill moved up the Corellian's spine as she paused mid-step. The accusation in her voice set off thousands of alarms in the girl's mind.
"Uh." Slowly turning on her heel, Rae looked at the Zabrak that had interrupted her snooping. A smile spread across the Corellian's face as she did her best to try and buy some time to figure out a story. "Um, Lady Jorryn isn't here." She sputtered, posh accent flowing fluidly with every word she spoke. A hand-rubbed at the back of her neck as she took a step back, but continued to lock her emerald eyes upon the other woman. Something lit a small fire of frustration inside of her chest while remembering the meeting when the Zabrak was a ghost.
Without any control, the Corellian spoke again, continuing with her smile. "It's nice to see you've gotten your legs back under you. My Lady will be pleased to know this." Rae knew she should have paid more respect to the Valkyrie, they were strong warriors, and Vaylin could probably snap her neck at any moment she wanted. Yet, remembering the loneliness and the uncomfortable emotions Jorryn had felt, Rae took over and stopped caring.
Looking around a bit, she noticed they were still alone for the most part. This wasn't good for Rae in this situation, but she doubted the woman would do anything in the middle of the Headquarters of the building her girlfriend was in charge of. Musing slightly, she stepped back once more. "I'm just doing the duties that were tasked to me by the Lord Inquisitor, I hope that's alright."

"Yeah..." Within that single word Vaylin's body language shifted slightly. Her intent on finding Rae had been knocked off balance. "I was hoping to surprise Jorryn with a proper visit." Sadness. It lingered in her gaze before she looked down at the floor. Vaylin was not one to wear her emotions on her sleeve. And one could rightly question whether Vaylin even realized she was doing just that.

But right now, mention of Jorryn just led to Vaylin being reminded of their current state, and that always felt like a blade against her heart.

It was the sound of Rae stepping back that snapped the Zabrak out of that state. Looking up with mirth in her eyes now, a grin stretching across her lips.

"I'm just messing with ya, Cooke." She began to walk towards the Corellian. "Lemme guess, Jorr saddled you with a list of things to do right?" Vaylin stopped in front of Rae, whether the woman had stood her ground or backed up enough to be against one of the walls. Now that she was up close with Rae, Vaylin was able to get a much better look, and mused to herself.

Green-brown eyes, contrasted by sun-kissed skin. That, and the accent to boot. Vaylin could certainly see why Jorr liked having Rae around, no matter what results she'd find today.

"But it's a good thing I ran into you, I could do with your assistance."

Rae

R
c8408221bfef23e3aef6d1476fcbe626c5a2e833.png
The sudden sadness that took over the Vaulkryie Elder confused Rae for a moment. It seemed that the woman was aware of the sadness that she had caused for the Lord Inquisitor. She suddenly felt bad for making the snarky comment she did towards the woman, but it felt warranted. Rae would only apologize if she was told to do so. Feeling the wall at her back, Rae did her best not to look nervous over the situation. It was until Vaylin had expressed her intention of messing with her and the tension that had threatened to choke Rae washed away. With a soft sigh of relief, the Corellian showed visual relaxation despite having the other woman so close in her personal bubble. Was she trying to be threatening? Maybe it was a thing the Sith did; they were about power and showing dominance.
Rae kept her cool as her arms folded in front of her chest, her face showing the lack of fear and replaced with the infamous Corellian confidence. "She did give me quite the list to accomplish today. I think she attempted to intimidate me with one of her threatening tones, but unfortunate for the Lord Inquisitor - I've gotten to know her a bit and know I'm not in any danger." A peal of soft laughter escaped the woman's lips as she only imagined the horrible things she would do if Rae didn't pick up the teapot she had ordered or washed the cups in the personal set. "They're small errands, I'm sure I can handle them before she returns." A hand waved, she wasn't worried about the rest of the list either. It had mostly been packed with small cleaning errands, some pick-up at the dry cleaners, and massive amounts of instructions on how to clean a teapot.
Mentally going through the list, she checked off things that had been done already and mused over what little more she had to do. An eyebrow quirked up though at the sudden request of the Zabrak. What sort of task would the woman need with her girlfriend's attendant? Curiosity came to life in Rae's entirety while she tilted her head slightly, staring back at the amber eyes of the Elder. "My assistance?" The question echoed the request, and Rae looked away as if to be rooted in thought. "I'm not sure, my Lady does get quite irritated with me if I don't follow her commands to the letter." There was an apparent internal struggle as Rae argued within herself. It didn't take long to quell the voices, and Rae shrugged.
"How can I be of assistance, Lady Vaylin?"

Vaylin chuckled as she watched Rae sigh with relief. She couldn't remember the last time she got to mess with someone. Her students back at the Valkyrie Fortress were too use to her antics these days. And the Zabrak was convinced they were warning newer students about her before they barely got a week into their studies.

"That's good." She smiled, given Rae a small nod. "You're learning quickly. Jorr does like her bootlickers, but they need to actually think. There's no fun in it if you're cowed so easily."

The Zabrak waved her hand at Rae's concern about delaying her tasks.

"Like you said, you need to have them done by the time she returns. I'm sure you'll have plenty of time after I'm done with you." The expression on Vaylin's face appeared as though she was going to split into a Chesire-sized grin at any moment. But she refrained, and just smiled when Rae came out the other end of her internal struggle.

"I need a dance partner." She looked at Rae with a dead serious expression, waiting for a reaction and only getting a raised eyebrow in return. Vaylin would be lying if she didn't admit she was a little bit disappointed she couldn't mess with her again. But at the same time, she approved. Rae did learn quickly.

Vaylin smiled with approval. "Or otherwise known as sparring." Without missing a beat, the Zabrak moved into Rae's personal space and looped an arm between hers. "Come along then, I best lead the way if you're still not too familiar with the headquarters." And Vaylin did just that, not really giving the Corellian a word in about it. They encountered a few others during the trek down the Saaraishash hallways. None of them looked at all surprised by the sight.

Although they did give Rae looks of pity as they passed by.

Last edited:

Rae

R
“A dance partner?” Rae raised an eyebrow at the expression. She had known the Sith to be a little uncanny at times, but this was a new one. The beat wasn’t missed as Vaylin revealed the true meaning of the statement. Nodding, the Corellian had figured that was the meaning, but with how Jorryn was with her, she figured there was a hidden meaning somewhere.
Vaylin was quite physical, like the Echani woman she was tasked to. They both enjoyed grabbing the poor Legionnaire and dragging her along to whatever excursions they demanded. As Vaylin grabbed the slightly smaller woman, Rae reached out and grabbed the umbrella that threatened to be forgotten.
There was no time for Rae to fully gather the intel she wanted from the headquarters, so instead, she focused on the faces that gave her pity. Her eyebrows raised again, wondering where these looks of pity and sadness were coming from. The Valkyrie woman was nothing to fear from her understanding, but it was still a worrisome situation. Rae slung the umbrella over her shoulder and continued to be dragged along the way towards the inevitable place where they were going to be sparring.
Using her knowledge of the Sith, she figured this was some way of proving allegiance or something of the sort. Digging deep, she reminded herself that the Force needed to remain unused and unchecked. The last thing that she needed was her opponent to find out she was Force-sensitive. If that happened, her position next to Jorryn would be compromised.
A fierceness burned in her heart as she needed for that anchor in her life to remain untouched.
“Sparring. An interesting request, but okay. Are you sure there aren’t any other Siths that would provide a better challenge for you?” Rae questioned, she was curious as to why Vaylin had sought her out of all people.

"Sith can be boring when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. Not all of them, but it's decently rare to find a fellow that can provide an equal challenge. Frankly, I found those without the Force to provide a better challenge." Vaylin had been in situations far too often when her opponent had only an adequate ability, far too focused on lightsabers and the Force. "Jorr was an exception though, what drew me to her initially was her Echani heritage." She glanced over at Rae as they continued to walk. "So to answer your question as to why you? It's because to me, you're enticing. A fresh challenge."

There was a clear passion in Vaylin's voice as she spoke about it. A surprise to no one that knew the Valkyrie fairly well. Sparring was up there in her list of favourite pastimes. Albeit, sitting at a solid two on the ranking.

A small, but warm smile spread across the Zabrak's lips.

"It's how Jorr and I hit things off. We met while observing some of the younger Acolytes sparring, and then later I invited her for a session of two, rest was history from there." Mentioning the Echani didn't seem to elicit the same negative emotion as a bit ago, at least consciously.

Subconsciously, the arm looped around Rae's squeezed.

Minute or so later, and they had finally arrived. "Ah, here we go." Vaylin unhooked her arm from the Corellian's, quickly punching in the code that unlocked the door. She flashed Rae a smile, waving her hand forwards for the woman to enter first.

The room was spacious, plenty of area for multiple sparring sessions to be happening at once. The overall aesthetic was neat and sleek. Mats filled in the majority of the room, taking up the central spaces but leaving room to walk around the edges and in-between. If one took a closer look, they'd notice the telltale signs that the flooring could be interchanged through mechanical means built into the room. Certainly parts of the lower walls had obvious grooves running along them, signifying they opened up. All of which were powered by a single terminal that resided on the other side of the room.

Rae

R

Rae grinned nervously as she listened to the story of how Vaylin and Jorryn had met. It was a curious anecdote to reveal at this moment. There were several reasons that the Corellian could think of, and all of them ended with Vaylin not being happy. She didn’t pick up any ill will, but with her concealing the Force Rae wasn’t that great at gleaning any emotion from someone she hadn’t connected with. “Oh that’s interesting, Lady Jorryn hadn’t had a moment to tell me the wonderful love story of you and her.” She laughed nervously, knowing exactly why Jorryn hadn’t let her be privy to this story.

The squeeze on her smaller frame was quite foreboding, she wondered if that meant she would be squeezed several more times. At the moment, Rae decided she would risk it and allow the Force to help keep her safe from any broken bones. “You sure, the Inquisitor would be alright with this?” Rae asked nervously as she entered the building. Taking it in, she could see why this was the ideal place for the dancing that Vaylin wanted to do. Remembering how some of the Jedi temples were, she moved towards an open area for the sparring and sighed.

Bending over, she slowly removed her shoes, placing them off to the side with the
umbrella. Standing back up, hands moved over the different leather belts and armors that covered the cloth tunic of the clothing Jorryn had given her. Rae rolled her head back and forth, loosening her shoulders and neck; it was hard not to be tense at this moment. Times like this she was thankful for the thought shield she kept manifested around her mind, she wondered if her affair with the Inquisitor was the reason for this spar. The trooper couldn’t think about that, it was the past, and a part of her didn’t want it to stop.

As she thought quietly to herself, a soft blush stained her cheeks as she closed her eyes. The hidden Jedi had to try and center herself and prepare for anything. A worst-case scenario would be that Vaylin actually was preparing to kill her, the best case would be that she was telling the truth about just wanting to spar. As much as Rae wanted to focus on preparing for the spar, she continued to think about the way the silver mane of the Echani flowed when they walked in a breeze, the way she would do her best to sound smug, and everything that she could do to drive herself insane. Her lip curled in frustration as she did her best to focus the Force around her.

"I am ready when you, are there any rules we need to follow?" The Corellian pulled her brown hair into a ponytail as she spoke, her eyes falling upon the Zabrak. "I'd like to not die, don't think Jorryn would appreciate that." A smirk as she shrugged. "Maybe a friendly bet?" The smirk remained plastered on the Corellian's face, she wandered over to one of the stands by the sparring room and began to tape up her hands and knuckles. The next thing out of her mouth she did her best to make it sound like a joke, but there was an underlying seriousness to it. Corellians liked to played with fire and Rae was no different. "Say, if you accept. If I win I get to take Lady Jorryn on a date." Yeah, Rae was probably going to die today. Damn Corellians and their cockiness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vaylin chuckled at Rae's response. "I imagine she's been too busy, plus I'd hardly call it a love story initially. It was started with mutual appreciation for one another's ability, and physical attraction." A warm smile appeared as the Zabrak remembered those moments. "The love actually developed over time, as we fought on different war fronts, our occupations within the Empire kept us apart for periods of time. But we found our time in between those to be together."

And blindly scarring your girlfriend, emotionally, mentally, away from you. Bit by bit unti-

The Zabrak forced the negative thought into the deepest region of her mind. She wasn't going to let them ruin her mood right now. She followed in behind Rae, amused at the woman nervously concerned over her well being. "I'm not going to injure you Cooke. I'll make sure I don't send you back to Jorr with a broken leg or something." It was a joke, but in Rae's case she might not be able to fully tell.

As the Corellian got herself ready, Vaylin followed suit. She removed her boots first, deftly unlacing them with practiced movements. Following that was the Zabrak's jacket, of which she threw aside to land atop the boots. Then her shirt, which she pulled over her head to reveal the tank top hidden beneath that. Was it a bit too many layers? Possibly. But Vaylin had gotten far too used to living on Mygeeto, where much thicker layers were required at times.

"Hmm, rules? Nothing special, just standard fairness. It is a friendly spar after all. Although, no Force use on my part." It would've been an unfair advantage in Vaylin's mind, given she was facing off against a Non-Force user. "Goal is to knock down and manage to pin your opponent, one point for each success."

After tying her hair up, the Zabrak began to stretch, revealing the bandaged bindings covering her chest. She could feel certain muscles stiffening in response. One way or another, she needed this spar to just simply loosen them up from being confined in one place for too long. Once she was satisfied, Vaylin joined Rae some ways off, using one of the other stations to tape up her own hands and knuckles.

She raised an eyebrow at the Corellian's suggestion of a bet, not looking over at her as she spoke. But the room did get deathly quiet when she suggested her clause would be a date with Jorryn. Vaylin said nothing until Rae finally looked over. "That better be a joke Cooke." Amber eyes glared at Rae with a dangerous glint to them.

Rae

R
Rae forced a soft chuckle, a nervous one when she heard the mention of her legs not being broken. It was a bonus in all of this, at least she’ll be able to finish Jorryn’s laundry list of chores for her to do. Remembering the list, Rae had forgotten a few things, such as make sure her chair stops squeaking, and to clean her desk. A hand-rubbed her chin as she pondered the latter of the chores. Still, everything was pretty set in stone, but then, the Corellian’s own hot-blooded nature kicked in, and she decided to tease the bull.
Looking over, the woman’s emerald gaze caught the sharp amber glare from the woman. The words carried a hefty warning, which meant that she needed to mind herself. The smirk faded slightly and shifted into a half-smile. Rae knew she had messed up and started to poke at something she shouldn’t have. Though confidence surged and she shrugged as she put off answering the statement. Flexing her hands, making sure that the tape was stable, but not about to cut off her circulation. Her tone continued to be casual, almost matter of fact. “I’m not worried about you using the Force. It’s fine by me if you need it. You’re not the first Force User I’ve fought so - at least challenge me and give me your all.”
The half-smile turned back into that confidence smirk, the one that people of Corellia are known for. Crossing her arms casually in front of her, Rae shrugged and snickered to herself. “Or wha-?” Another shrug, internally, there was a voice screaming at her telling her to think of the other secrets they were hiding. This was putting the woman in danger, but Rae continued seeing that Vaylin was a challenge. The moment the words slipped between those lips, the instinct of anger flared, and alarms went off.
Wide-eyed, Rae found herself pounced by the Zabrak, her arm twisted in a fashion that it would easily break. The strain on muscle and bone made her cringe, yet did not break. The Force flowed through the hidden Master, protecting her limb from the crushing Force of the angered Zabrak. Rae hit the matt hard, feeling the weight of herself and the other woman. Wincing, Rae flashed a look towards the Zabrak, “Frink Aliha Uhl Halle! OW, my arm!” Rae feigned the pain as she knew that the Force body that flowed through her prevented the overwhelming pain and the arm from breaking. “It was a joke!”

The Zabrak glared down at Rae, amber eyes practically seething with the impulsive anger that had led Vaylin's hand. She held the Corellian's arm right to the breaking point. Her inner anger, the rage, wanted to just let it snap. But Vaylin's mind immediately went to Jorryn. To the disappointment that she'd no doubt feel towards her. Sadness had more weight than anger right now. And the Zabrak dreaded falling further from grace in the Echani's eyes.

Vaylin wanted to make up for her mistakes, not make more.

Outright injuring Rae wouldn't go down well with Jorryn. At least, that was the rationale in her mind. She still only had her own conflicted thoughts when it came to the Echani. It was all she had until she could sit down with her girlfriend and talk about it. But right now, Vaylin was her own worst enemy.

As she kept the hold, her right arm began to shake. Something Rae would've likely felt until Vaylin swiftly released her hold on the Corellian.

"That was a bad joke." She stepped back two paces, turning away from Rae to conceal her trembling arm. Vaylin grabbed it with her left, forcing it to stop. The Zabrak began to whisper something, muttering to herself until she finally managed to calm it. She sighed, standing a bit taller before turning back around to face Rae, shaking her head.

"God damn fething Corellians, what is it with you and not thinking before you speak?" She stretched her arm out, offering her hand for the woman to take. There was no foul intent, but nor was it wholly genuine; it had a deal of forced emotion behind it. Vaylin was ever a sportsman when it came to spars, even towards someone who dared to take a dig at the biggest thing haunting her right now. She had thrown her opponent down before the match had officially begun, it was only right to offer help. But it wasn't the main reason for the sudden mood switch.

Vaylin was concealing how much it had affected her. "How that Corellian cockiness of yours hasn't gotten you killed..."

Rae

R

Being free from the hold, Rae quickly nursed the arm that nearly broke. She moved it a bit to make sure that blood flow was still intact along with thanking the Force for protecting the arm. She wasn't sure how Sith hospitals worked, but if they ran her DNA, it wouldn't come up as Rae Cooke - most likely along the lines of who she really was. The name and face she couldn't' run from when she thought about it. Part of her wanted to forget that face and hoped that she could be real.

Vaylin's sharp words cut through her mental monologue. Looking up, Rae wanted to respond with something quick and probably nastier than she would have wanted. Seeing Jorryn the way she was that first night, sensing that loneliness. It broke Rae's heart, and she wanted to be the one to mend the Echani, be there for her. Groaning, Rae did her best to push the woman from her mind, had she burrowed so deep into her heart that she was the only one she could think of. The hand was offered, and another comment from the Zabrak. "Tch, at least it's just talking and not almost breaking someone's arm." She retorted quickly and took the hand to stand up.

Rae dusted herself off and did her best to relax, not letting her emotions get her best. She couldn't be in control of this fight; if she was, she might leave with something broken and damaged. The thought of it hindering her ability to do her job strained on her mind. Rae exhaled and calmed herself, allowing another's experience to fill her mind. She needed to pull from it; the other part of her. There was a shift in how the woman stood, confidence washing over her as she stood with the classic Corellian smirk and a hand on her hip.

"It's straightforward, Vaylin. You just gotta be better than what you're facing." Hands pressed together, open-palmed, and brought close to her nose. Another exhale, and the Corellian found her center once more. Turning to face Vaylin, she brought her arms down at her side, inhaled, and nodded. "Might as well start then, since you're too chicken to place a bet." As she finished, the Corellians arms crossed, rising above her head while her left foot slid back. As her arms uncrossed, she lowered her squat slightly, wide stance with her arms parallel to her head.

Attention returned to Vaylin; she wasn't the same woman who tried to talk her way out of the spar or the one that people took pity upon. There was something different behind the emerald gaze. Hip and head looked towards her opponent as arms crossed at the wrist, pushing outward till they separated once more. Fingers and open palms tightened, making her hands look like blades prepared to cut down the wind. Her wrists were relaxed and loose—the woman equipped with one of the few stances known in Teras Kasi.

Once Rae was back up on her feet, Vaylin stepped away and gave the woman room to focus. The Zabrak herself followed suit, cooling down her emotions from impulsively lashing out again. Albeit, the Zabrak highly suspected it wouldn't be the last time the Corellian tried getting a rise out of her.

And successfully too, if she was going to be honest.

She watched closely as Rae centralized herself, seemingly calling in on some inner focus to ready herself. It was curious in Vaylin's mind, as she noted the sudden shift in well...everything with Rae. The way she held herself, the look in her eyes. That Corellian cockiness that had leaked out before, was now on full display before her.

Vaylin grinned.

"Big talk, Cooke. Prove it in action, not words. Prove your continued survival hasn't been from dumb luck." The Zabrak began to prowl like a Maalraas, moving in a semi-circle in tandem with the Corellian. Vaylin exhaled, focusing on the Force as she summoned it, let it fill and surround her body. Many years ago, a very young Zabrak accidently did the same thing while under the tyrannical training of her mother. The memories of those days, the reminder of what it felt to return years later to kill her, fueled the Zabrak.

Adding coal to the burning inferno that was the Dark Side of the Force.

"Spoken by someone whose first instinct was to make a joke bet, and one in poor taste too." Vaylin began to shift into her own stance, falling into a more traditional Zabrak-Iridonian form. She angled her body slightly, placing her left foot forwards and angling her right behind her. Posture shifting into a lower stance as her feet slid into place. Looking like a predator about to pounce in it's prey, ready to eat. She raised her arms, mirroring her legs with the left held out further, and the more dominant right held a bit behind it. A much more angular stance than Rae's wide one.

Vaylin picked up on the Corellian's choice of form, recognizing it as Teras Kasi.

How...interesting.

Much as she wasn't completely up to date with how the Legion trained their soldiers these days. Vaylin was fairly sure they weren't trained in the art of Teras Kasi so early in their career. She'd have to take another look at the woman's record.

Vaylin suddenly lunged forwards, springing from her arced right leg. Vaylin remained low as she aimed for Rae's abdomen, left arm raising up to block the Corellian's initial retaliation, followed up by curling her right hand into a fist and throwing a punch towards the Corellian's stomach.

Rae

R

Teras Kasi, martial combat designed to help non-force users combat those with the Force. The style enhanced the fluid motions of the non-force user to help defend and attack in the same instance. Not only did it allow for combat to be on an equal plane, but it also provided mental defenses for the user against the probes of the Force. Having been trained since a young age in Teras Kasi, Rae had taken a mastery to it. Her force sensitivity only made it stronger, allowing her to move as quickly as a force user and enhance her own attacks. The Corellian, hiding under the guise of a non-force using Legionnaire, was something the Zabrak most likely had not encountered.
"Tch, it's not my fault you have a poor sense of humor." Rae knew where to poke the Zabrak, but she knew poking the woman too far would only hinder her in combat. The Valkyrie was known to have more than what meets the eye to them. Reports on their fighting were vague and incomplete, only underlining that not many survived combat with them. The blue glow of her contact lens made sure to record the fight the best she could under her current situation, it was valuable information. "You should light up sometime."
Her footing secured as she watched the woman take the first attack, playing into her plans for the fight. With Vaylin being already hot-headed over the comment about taking Jorryn out, it put her in a different headspace. Combat was not only a physical test but also a mental one as well, Rae waited till she could almost feel the Zabrak melding presence with hers. A shift in her footing, sliding back, opening her hips to rotate slightly. One hand striking down the fist that came to strike her in the stomach, Force body flowing, adding power behind the block. As an attack, the Corellian shot her palm forward, aiming for the Zabrak's chest.
If her palm connected, the blow would have not only the empowered strike but a brush of the Force shoving the woman back. Even if she missed, Rae couldn't help but use the Force to her bidding. If the Empire found she was Force-sensitive, it would possibly work in her favor. She would provide more value to them, which allowed her to remain at Jorryn's side.
There was an inkling of surprise at the thought. The Shadow's mission details are to find information and report it back. Avoid any and all connections and attachments - only using them to further pursue the mission. Yet, her only desire was to remain at the Echani's side.

Vaylin had always been the type to prefer being on the offensive, even to her own detriment. It was a habit born from a necessity to survive, way back when she was a teenager and forced to survive in the Jungles of Dxun. Where you couldn't afford to be on the defensive if you wanted to survive the numerous predators that resided on the Demon Moon.

For so long she had fought like a wild beast, opting to lash out with strength than rather take a more calculated approach.

It took years for Vaylin to finally work her way out of that habit. But if today was proof of anything, is that it was never truly gone. Rae had managed to get under the Zabrak's skin with a single bit of snark. Albeit, the topic of it was the one thing that could do that to Vaylin right now.

The Zabrak cursed to herself as her attack failed to land and Rae took advantage. Slipped her hand between them and slammed her palm towards her chest. Vaylin had just enough time to brace herself, feeling the pressure against her body; somewhat softened by her own defensive Force, that sent her flying backwards a bit. She landed evenly, bare feet skidding across the mat.

Did she just use...?

Vaylin's line of thought was interrupted as she looked over at the Corellian. There was moment, just barely one, where Rae paused seemingly caught up in whatever thought had crossed her mind. The Zabrak capitilized, running at her using the Force to shorten the gap quicker. As soon as Vaylin got close, she shifted into a low stance and kicked her leg out. It connected with Rae's, intending to sweep the Corellian off her feet.

"Trust me, you don't want me to light up sometime." Vaylin made some room between her and Rae, just in case her opponent decide to follow up. "Since when could you use the Force, hmm? Could've sworn your record said you weren't sensitive."

Rae

R

So she was using the Force, Rae smiled as she felt the pressure of the Force against her own blow. It meant that they would be on equal levels, especially if Rae dipped farther into the Jedi Master's powers. The power that surged through her frame, enhancing her body's movements and protecting her. Soreness in her arm proved her necessary choices in using the power provided to her. Vaylin was pushed back, and Rae wondered if she should have used more power, but her mind was already occupied.

Vaylin was an experienced fighter, it didn't take her long to move back into her opponent's vicinity. Rae's mind being occupied only hindered her as she reacted at the last minute to the sweep. Zabrak's foot made contact with her ankle, but she shifted her momentum with the efforts of Teras Kasi. As she fell, hands went out and with the aid of the Force balanced as she stood on her hand and angled her body forward. As her body swung at her abdomen, her legs strengthened by the Force moved to kick the woman, but she had anticipated the movement. Rae landed back on her feet and brought her hands back up.

"So you've been digging for some information on me, hmm? Stalker much?" Rae didn't like this bit of information. If Vaylin had the sense to find out her record, it meant Jorryn had been the same way. Her test tightened and wondered if she should have fixed up the database a bit better instead of being generic with it.

It seemed that Vaylin wasn't as blind as she had hoped she was. "I'm Force Sensitive sure, but not substantial enough to be on my service record, especially for a Legionnaire. I'm untrained, but I know enough to protect myself." She would have to tone it down a bit, focusing on only the Force Body she continued to passively channel.

A smirk as she shrugged, "You scared?" Her words finished, and the Corellian stepped forward to land an empowered pair of kicks, first striking at the woman's hip then recoiling to strike at her shoulder. Instead of the second kick extending, she pulled back and quickly switched the leg and target to the woman's knee. The Force fueling the speed and the power behind the blows. Hands remaining up prepare to block any retaliation from the Zabrak. Rae demonstrated her Echani hand to hand, a skill a past life had learned and mastered.

"Defensive, much?" Vaylin narrowed her eyes slightly, hands held up in case the Corellian made an attack. "How could I not look into your record? Went from a simple Legionnaire stationed on Dantooine, to the personal assistant to a Knight now-Lord Inquisitor within a matter of days?" To say it wasn't a normal happenstance would be understating it. She knew Jorryn, and knew it must've been quite something for the Echani to suddenly want Rae to be working for her.

The Zabrak said nothing about her Force comment. It made sense, but at the same time she pondered why the Corellian wouldn't want it on her record. Having the Force was a boon, and one would imagine it would provide advantages in rising through the ranks. Albeit, she was admittedly speaking from a bias. Either way, it meant Vaylin could test to see just how well Rae could defend herself through the Force.

Vaylin opened her mouth to return the Corellian's retort, but at the same moment recognized what fighting style she had shifted into. Is she seriously using...

The leg made contact with Vaylin's hip. Her amped up defence softened the blow, but just barely. She winced feeling the side of her body ache with pain. But the Sith channeled that like fuel into her body. Very familiar with Echani hand-to-hand, Vaylin knew a follow up kick was next. She raised her hand for the intended strike at her shoulder, but caught the switch at the right moment and anticipated. The Zabrak caught Rae's leg before it could connect with her knee, her hand wrapping around the Corellian's ankle.

"Tsk. Tsk."

With her opponent effectively on one foot, Vaylin went in for the first point. She pushed the leg away, keeping her off-balance as the Zabrak pounced. Moving like a Maalraas, she went low and channeling the Force into her legs for some extra propulsion. Vaylin wrapped her arm around Rae's stomach as she slammed into the woman. Head tucked under the Corellian's right side as the full weight of the Zabrak struck her, spearing her down into the ground.

It wasn't the smoothest move as it sent Vaylin's head slamming into the mat, but the slightly dazed state didn't deter the Zabrak. She quickly rolled onto her side and atop the Corellian. She straddled Rae's waist, immediately grabbing the woman's arms and slamming them down against the mat above her head.

"Seriously?" Vaylin breathed heavily, trying to catch her breath. She looked down at her pinned opponent, strands of brunette hair falling down. "You're going to use the Echani fighting style against me? You do know who I've been dating for the past few years, right? I'm intimately familiar with it."

Rae

R

The moment that Rae realized the counter that was coming her way, she was off balance. The switch kick was one that if the opponent knew it was coming, you better have a backup. Rae didn't, her mind blanked in that instance, thinking she was going to have a leg up on Vaylin. A slew of Old Corellian curse words slipped from the woman's lips as she was tackled. The wind knocked out of her, and she laid on her back.
Vaylin, the huntress, quickly took hold and took advantage of the situation. Straddled and pinned, the Corellian admitted defeat for this moment. Maybe it was a good thing she didn't make a bet. The loose strands of Vaylin's brown hair laid against Rae's perspiring face. She moved to avoid the strands that clung to her, but couldn't escape her own brown locks. Hair matted against her face, and her chest rising up and down profoundly, trying to find the air that she had lost. Rae remained quiet and took the comment.
The Zabrak was right, it was a foolish move, but the Corellian shifted and saw an opportunity. When she had interacted with Jorryn using body language, the connection was deaf. It only made sense to her that the Echani must not have learned the art. Her head rolled from the side, and she stared up defiantly, the same look that she had given Jorryn only a matter of time before. It was a look a Legionnaire would have gotten beaten out of them during training, but Rae's seemed to have stuck with her for some odd reason.
"Vaylin," Rae started but continued to try and remember how to breathe, her voice soft and breathless as she said the Zabrak's name. Her hips writhed under the Zabrak's weight as she tried to see if she could slip-free. In her frustration, she bucked her hips more and then finally gave up and groaned. Arms bounced, trying to fight back, but Vaylin was a bit stronger than her, and she was caught in the compromising position.
"You're right." Her head turned away with flushed cheeks and closed her eyes, trying to think of a way to get out of the pin. Rae didn't understand why the comment bothered her to her core, guilt, among other emotions swirled inside of her, but she pressed it down and decided to focus on the other statement.
"I'm not paranoid, I just think it's weird that you'd look into me. Don't you trust the Lord Inquisitor to know who she has by her side?" The question was loaded, and the word trust could mean so many things. Rae wondered if Vaylin knew more about the relationship between the attendant and the inquisitor. Or if this spar was indeed a spur of the moment idea from the Zabrak.
Maybe Rae was paranoid but didn't want to admit it.

"Vaylin."

The single breathless word struck a chord within the Zabrak. She stared down at the Corellian’s visage as it became muddled in front of her eyes. The movements Rae made beneath her stirred something within, a fire that had been left idle for to long for the Zabrak’s liking. But it also resurfaced an old memory, a favourite one of her's.

"Vaylin."

Brown hair, sun-kissed skin and green hazel eyes suddenly shifted into silver hair, a pale complexion and amber eyes. Jorryn…

The Zabrak slammed her lips against Rae’s in a fierce, hungry kiss. Lost in the memory, Vaylin’s grip around Rae’s arms began to loosen. But before the Corellian could really take advantage, Vaylin’s hands moved elsewhere. The left fell down to her hair, gently brushing along as she traced Rae’s face. All the while the kiss turned more passionate with every passing second.

While the left moved carefully, now gliding down to the Corellian’s shoulder, Vaylin’s right held no reservations. Immediately sliding down to Rae’s abdomen and deftly finding its way up and under the woman’s tunic.

But as the seconds passed into minutes, the memory and reality began to clash. Feeling the skin beneath her fingers felt wrong, incorrect. Surely the person beneath her was the same person...right?

Vaylin’s subconscious began to unwind, battling the burning desire and desire to just let the memory take hold.

The Corellian’s words had been heard, but not acknowledged at first. But as more and more pieces of the puzzle began to not fit, they slowly started to surface…

Don’t you…

...Trust”​

...The Lord Inquisitor?”​

Within a split second, as though someone had just poured ice cold water over her head, Vaylin leaped off Rae. Like a Shyrack out of the Nether, her eyes were wide and terrified. Affixed to the Corellian as she stumbled backwards. “No no no…” Vaylin’s right arm began to tremble uncontrollably. She attempted to stop it, but in the same moment she had reached the edge of the mat. Vaylin slipped, her back slamming into the wall behind her and she just crumpled into a heap against it.

Curling up into herself, the Zabrak buried her head between her legs, also trying to hide her shaking arm.

No no, please no. I didn’t mean to- Please don’t leave me…” She whispered quietly.

Rae

R

There was silence, and Rae turned her head to look at Vaylin. Honestly, Rae had expected a reaction to something explosive, causing the Zabrak to potentially harm her. The reaction she did get was a once in a million years type of gamble. As her face turned to look at Vaylin, the Zabrak seemed to be in another place and another time mentally. Lips parted to speak, but she was silenced with a powerful and hungry kiss. The Corellian's eyes went wide as her body stiffened at the sudden shift in emotions.

Her kiss was different, it wasn't rough like Ryv's, it didn't have the gentleness of Jorryn's, there was hunger behind Vaylin's - one that threatened to consume her. Thoughts ran through her head a mile a minute as the other woman's tender touch worked down her frame. As much as she didn't want this to happen, her body reacted, proving to be an enemy. Before anything went farther, Vaylin seemed to have realized what was happening and quickly jumped off Rae.

Sitting up, Rae fixed her shirt and looked towards the cowering woman. What was that all about? Rae quietly thought to herself as she stood up and set her ponytail. "Well, never had that reaction before…" She watched Vaylin and listened to her, there was something exceptionally off, and she wondered if it had to do with Jorryn. Not only emotionally, but physically - Rae wasn't blind; she saw the shaking arm.

A heavy sigh, she wandered over and sat beside Vaylin and rested her head against the wall. She knew precisely how Vaylin felt, but instead of the same guilt - she relished in the tender kiss she had shared with Jorr. Vaylin was a better person, she didn't let whatever that was continue. "You're fine, I won't tell Jorryn you kissed me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom