Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extending the Front (The Moross Crusade Dominion of Ceto)

Blackthorne

She of the Trillion Thorns
"This is most wonderful, Sola," Loxa commented as she disembarked the first transport and looked around. With the winds coming off the endless expanse of sea, the Priestess was forced to hold her hood against her head. Flashes of pale skin shown in the hefty gusts, yellow eyes wincing in the brightness of the sunlight reflected off the water. It was really quite beautiful, but Loxa would admit to enjoying the view from higher up, unlike her fellow Crusader, [member="Crystal"]

Loxa was the first to make for the water transport, unwilling to waste precious Force energies to protect her skin and sight.

When the others began to pile in, Loxa looked to Crystal with a fair amount of inquisitiveness, "Have you seen other planets like this one?"

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

[member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Vascious Relens"]

She heard his voice but her eyes refused to open.

Judah.

She needed him. She needed to feel him by her side. She mumbled in her unconsciousness. She needed...water. And for the first time since Bane, she was more scared for someone else than herself. She was scared for her unborn child.

Crystal looked to Loxa and smiled. "I have. The Tapani sector has many worlds. I've seen them all. And there are others, but I haven't seen them in a very long time. I do like temperate worlds, especially when they don't require weather control."

She hadn't been at home for a number of months now, but she could still see the Capital in her mind. "Worlds closer to the core, that have not been overrun with industry, are beautiful."

[member="Loxa Visl"]

[member="Loxa Visl"] , [member="Crystal"] , [member="Thessa Kai"]

Sola let the Moross representatives exit the transport before she did, stepping into the bright sunshine and constant breeze. The smell of salt water was strong in the air, mixed with a faint tinge of seaweed. At the second transport hub, some of the locals had gathered around an outdoor holoscreen mounted to the side of the transport station. A rather old looking Selkath man was speaking, with translations in two different languages scrolling across the bottom of the screen.

"....Reports from top Royal House indicate a tentative deal has been struck between the Monarchy and the Moross Crusade. Details are scant at this point in time, stayed tuned to Ceto News Network for more information. Reports from the local systems indicate the Horde has been pushed out of the Silken Asteroids. Here with more information is Former Exarch [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]. Now you were at the battle, were you not Miss Kerrigan? Could you tell us...."

Sola tuned out the report as a brunette woman came to view on the screen in a side by side view with the Selkath reporter, looking rather uncomfortable. Turning back to their Moross comrades, Sola ushered the last of them onto the transport. It was fairly comfortable, but she suspected some may have trouble being surrounding by water in several moments.

"Sit back and relax. Those with claustrophobic issues may not want to look out the viewports. Everyone else should be able to see abundant sea life as we descend."

----

Frustrated there was nothing he could do, Judah gave a short nod to the gray haired man. He had to get back down to the planet surface and meet back up with Thessa. Perhaps a nurse would be much more sympathetic to his plight than the burly paramedics.

"Excuse me Sir, I must be going."

Turning to Chalu, the pair were both jogging down the hall in no time, back to their personal transport.

"You're going to have to take over the controls on the way down."
-----

Blackthorne

"Tapani," Loxa replied, as though testing the word like one might a new food, "I do not know of this planet. Is that your home?"

They were waiting on the remainder of the delegation to board, and with the news reports coming in likely the people needed some time to digest everything that was taking place. Loxa didn't fault them for this, and she was in no hurry. These sorts of things were delicate in nature, and a strong bond always took time to set. For now, she would entertain her interests with Crystal, a woman of whom she knew very little about, of course her eyes did flicker to the viewports as the transport began its gurgling descent.

Undersea exploration. This would be a first for her, one of many.

[member="Loxa Visl"] [member="Judah Dashiell"]

"It is my home yes. My house ruled the sector for hundreds of years." She had personally ruled it for hundreds of years as well. Oh yay they were moving. This was a new experience for her. She did look out the viewers to see the aquatic life and sights. "Wow, this is amazing. In all my years, I've never been in a vessel like this...."

[member="Crystal"] , [member="Loxa Visl"]

Seeing as none of her passengers were having a panic attack yet, Sola stood at the front of the transport once more, speaking as many gazed out the windows. They were passing a large kelp forest, home to large schools of smaller sized fish that took shelter in the vegetation. The transports interior lights started to brighten as they moved deeper into the ocean. Sobek wasn't extremely far underneath the water, but it was down deep enough to need lights.

Off in the distance, the shimmering lights of the city could be seen.

3969.jpg

Blackthorne

"Extraordinary," Loxa replied, breathless as the city came into view. Though, she noticed, the pressure of the deep sea was quickly becoming a noticeable thing for her. The Priestess lifted a hand and gently scooped it into her hood, rubbing at the skin fold on her ears. She could feel it building in her ear drums and it was rather unpleasant. Loxa looked away from the window, wincing from the growing throb in her head.

Oddly enough, it was nothing quite like space travel, though she had heard some others mention the similarities. It didn't feel like it.

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

The brunette woman looked a bit awkward as she stared into the holocameras, though she gave them a friendly smile. To be sure Siobhan had had her share of public appearances during her term as Exarch. After all, the people wanted to see one of their senior leaders and she had been the Sword of the Protectorate, built up by Protectorate marketing to be a 'heroine', much as she disliked giving speeches, though she had a weakness for the pomp and circumstance. Of course now these days were over, she and Tegaea had largely retired to Kaeshana, living the high life there.

Still, apparently she was unable to keep out of the holonews due to constantly destroying things in a terribly dramatic way. Maybe one day there would be a popular series for the holonet, which would probably get plenty of facts wrong. The fact that she was addressed as 'former Exarch' won the interviewer brownie points. After all, Siobhan was...rather vain!

"Yes, I was. Firemane was contracted by the Moross Crusade to help drive out the Horde. I'd already fought the Vong and their Sith allies on Aurum, where they butchered the entire population for sadistic enjoyment, so while I do not ideologically support the Crusade it made sense. I tagged along with First Baron Colonel HK-36 and his Iron Company on their frigate, the Siege Tower, since they'd been hired as well and we were old friends," she paused for a moment. She was dressed in a sleek women's business suit that...fit her rather well.

"Frankly, Horde did not put up much of a fight. I've heard stories of how ferocious the Vong were in the old wars, on Aurum they indulged in pointless savagery that would make the Bando Gora proud, but it seems they left most of their fighting to their Sith allies. I think they're from the so called 'New Order' that's playing new Empire in the east, but I digress. Anyway, the Moross fleet engaged the Horde navy, with the Siege Tower providing cover against fighters. To punch a hole in the enemy ranks I telekinetically grabbed a number of asteroids and chucked them at them through space." This was said in a tone that suggested this was an ordinary thing to do.

"It was...exhausting. Almost fell unconscious after that. Horde fleet managed to deflect a great number of them, but some ships were crushed and it provided a distraction. Some of the Moross boarding parties had already penetrated the Horde ships and were engaged in battle. I'm not too clear on the details there, but seems like when cornered Darth Vulcanus - the space ork who launched that pointless attack on Coruscant and got his race firebombed for their troubles - unleashed a sort of dark side...supernova. It's difficult to describe...but he created a star meant to fry both enemy and allied ships...and wrecked his own, leaving it stranded. I'd just reawoken then and been reenergised by battle meditation cast by one of the Moross 'Gods', Ithari, when the 'God' they call Neth...consumed the star, taking the power all into him before it could come to full effect. Propelled into space he was adrift, but Omega forces saved him and brought him to one of their ships. I telekinetically crushed the bridge tower of the Sith flagship then, spent some hours knocked out in the medbay."

This was totally a normal thing to do, no doubt. "Sith flagship went on collision course with the Moross fleet but was destroyed. For some reason a Black Sun flotilla arrived to support Horde...but did not have much effect either. Subsequently Moross and Protectorate forces, under cover provided by the fleet against Horde flak ships and fighters, boarded the Horde flagship in a pincer movement. Moross force masters and some OP forces took the hangar, I blasted a hole through the hull for Colonel HK and the rest of us," at that she removed a stray lock of her dark brown mane from her face.

"This may sound anticlimactic, but there's little to say about what happened then. Horde warriors put up a bit of a fight, but were crushed soon. Their Supreme Overlord was nowhere to be found. Guess the birds had all flown out. It was a nice change of pace because I was...rather tired after all the dramatic things happening before."

Crystal's eyes widened in amazement as the city came into view. Her mouth dropped open which caused her ears to pop. She hadn't realized the pressure change until just then.

Loxa seemed to be feeling the pressure as well. The Sith Princess touched her arm lightly. "Make your ears pop. It will relieve some pressure."

Sola had forgotten to mention the pressure. She had forgotten many outsiders and humans often experience the issue. The internal systems of the transport could only compensate for so much, leaving the effects of their location to be had. The undersea transport glided effortlessly into the city, passing through the hydrostatic bubbles that kept the city dry but allowed certain organic lifeforms and transports to pass through at certain spots. Once in awhile a large sea creature would find its way on the city streets, but for the most part the system worked beautifully.

Landing at large transport depot, the Ceto News Network(CNN) interview of Siobhan Kerrigan was still in full swing. The uncomfortable looking woman was still speaking about the Moross Crusade and their valiant battle to keep the Horde out, no matter how anticlimactic.

"Good news for you, the Moross Crusade. This CNN interview couldn't have been timed better. If this neutral party approved of your work then most likely the people will start to warm up to your presence as well."

Looking around at the large, metropolitan city, Sola took a deep breath.

"Not as breath taking or busy as Coruscant but I like it. Feel free to explore. If needed, lodging can be provided at one of our finest hotels."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom