Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Explosive News

Zayle Reyis

Out of the pan, into the fire
The night was turning out to be fairly dull. The final patrol for his watch had been done and he was heading to bed when the explosion sent him flying against a wall. He lay stunned for a moment, ears ringing, before he shoved himself to his feet. There was smoke, fire and debris elsewhere and as the ringing started to fade he could hear the screaming. The adrenaline was kicking in now, he barely felt the pain from the concussive force that had thrown him. His first priority was to find his mistress.

He pushed through some wreckage coughing from the smoke, he could hear her calling out. Somewhere else he could hear her daughter wailing, but he prioritized his master first, she could have more offspring if that one died. A cold thought perhaps, but if she died who would care for the child? Besides, he wasn’t the only one who could grab her, if they had any sense. He got to the room and with a grunt busted in the door. It made his ribs burn like fury making him gasp, but he ignored it.

He found her half pinned under part of the ceiling and managed to push it off her once he made sure she wasn’t bleeding. Internal damage was a possibility, but he had to get her out. Blessedly they were on the first floor so out the back into the garden he carried her. Once she was clear he moved back in as he broke into a fit of coughing. The fire was spreading and the air had a taint that was bitter, more than just what came from the fire. Something was wrong.

He managed to get upstairs, but this was where the flames were worse. He heard the other guards, but they were downstairs, someone was shouting orders, but he ignored them. He focused on the sounds of the child instead. She was calling out, but weaker now, the cries faint instead of loud wails. He grabbed a rug and pushed through some of the flames, tossing it aside as he cleared it lest he too catch fire.

He found her eventually, but by then the only way out was to go out the window. When he hit the ground he rolled, but it drove the air from his lungs and agony blossomed in his skull. He knew nothing else shortly after.

The hospital they took him and the other injured to, tended to him well and when they were looking for a blood type match, an alert went out to the bloodline to which he belonged. It also wasn’t long till it made rounds in gossip, then news. After all, it isn’t every day a noble family finds themselves with a bastard showing up. This one just happens to be one that was older, yet more troubles with a family who has heard this story before. Every reporter and journalist flocked to the hospital like flies to a corpse. A couple even trying to be so bold as to fish for a picture of the errant son.

Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren

__________________________________________________________________________________
The stars were out and the evening had taken on the aroma of a late autumn, intermingled with the scent of the delicately fragrant milla flowers that Alora had planted earlier that summer, just below the children's balcony. It had been such a long time since she'd felt so peaceful, even, dare she say it: happy. Yes, there were aches, horrors, and hardships that would not be soon forgotten. But right now, in this moment? Her focus was on absorbing the joy still in her life.

Marcus and Careina were both soundly snugged into bed, Teyla perched at the bottom of it, holobook in her lap. She loved to watch them sleep, mesmerized by the rhythmic rise and fall of their chest, wondering what riddles they might be solving, or adventures they were dreaming. They were her most treasured, sacred gifts, with as much to teach her as she had to teach them. The ghost of a smile pulled at the slant of her clever lips, and carefully, Teyla closed the book in her lap and reached over to tuck the blanket securely around the two rambunctious tots.

Standing up to leave, the sound of heavy footfalls approaching made her pause. What could Kae-Two possibly want?

Quickly, but quietly, she made her exit from the room, the door sliding shut behind her. To her side, K2 stood at the ready.

"Mistress Ee'everwest. Urgent news."

"...Is it Baros?"

"No. Someone else."
__________________________________________________________________________________

Later That Evening

Brother? It was all too coincidental. A fire, with a magical brother showing up from seemingly no where who needed her blood, because it just so happened that he shared a genetic match to her? And right after the death of her late elder brother, Kintel? What kind of sick joker was this person? And for what? A brief moment of fame? Everyone wanted their time in the spotlight, it seemed.

Teyla scoffed, unimpressed. And here she thought she had seen everything.

As she exited the speeder, cameras flashed all around her. "Miss Ee'everwest, is it true what they are saying? Can you confirm the rumors that this injured man who was living as a servant, is in fact your brother?"

"Did your parents hide this fact because they were ashamed of how it would reflect on the family?"

"Do you know where he came from? Who he is?"

"This is the third scandal your family has been involved in this year, did you come here as part of a publicity stunt to try and improve public perceptions?"

Teyla kept her head down, eyes lowered from the camera's flashing, ignoring the barrage of questions flying at her like a swarm of blood thirsty gnats. She silently wished that Baros was here with her. He had always been good at dealing with the press, at turning the the negative into something more positive and swaying the crowd. She didn't have the same way with words that he did, and honestly she wished in that moment she had a bit of that silver tongue. She sighed, and shouldered her way up the stairs through the crowds. The sooner she could prove whoever this man was, the sooner this would die down.

The door to the hospital slid shut behind her, drowning out the noise of the many reporters outside. The interior was as one might expect of any establishment like this: slate grey walls and floors, impeccably clean - every surface dusted, and stuffy, with a heavy undertone of bleach. Nurses and their droids moved about unhurriedly, but with a clear sense of purpose.

"Miss Ee'everwest. Seems we can't keep you away for very long, can we?" Doctor Rosalie had tended to Baros after the attack on him at his estate and the two had become quite acquainted with each other after her refusal to leave his bedside.

"Seems not." she smiled, reaching to shake her hand. "I don't mean to seem rude Doctor, but I'd like to dispense with the pleasantries and get on with the reason I'm here. Are you positive this man is who he says he is?"

"In this Galaxy? One can never be too sure about anything, but there is a way to find out."

She sighed, raking a hand through her hair. "Right." she murmured, a strained smile touching her lips. "Let's go save a mans life."

Zayle Reyis Zayle Reyis

Last edited:

Zayle Reyis

Before he even opened his eyes, he knew where he was. The scent of a medical facility was unmistakable. His silver eyes flicked open and he looked around not really sure how he felt right then. He’d been expecting to die, but this place was far more than the places he’d been patched up at. He was just starting to sit up when a nurse came in. She quickly left and that was when his master walked in and did the unthinkable, he bowed. To him.

You saved my daughter, if we had known your lineage, we…

Zay held up his hand and made a gesture of confusion. The man blinked. “Of course. Because of your injuries and because of your service, we took you to a proper facility. The family who you belong to was called. They, like you, had no idea you existed. They… Bought your contract from us, for now. They want to make sure you are who your blood says.

His father. Again. He kept it from his face and bowed his head, there was nothing he could do.

If they choose not to keep you, we will take you back. Service like yours is not easily found, regardless of the current circumstances. We made sure to tell them that you were mute, so they are aware that you need assistance communicating.

The lopara was then left alone. Damn that man ruining his life again. The monitor attached to him started to blip as his anger smoldered, but after a moment he breathed, slowing his heart rate. He didn’t want to rouse any alarm or give even that bit away, he had no idea what he would be dealing with and a slave didn’t have much that was their own. It didn’t soothe his anger however, he was still very upset, but at least his body would betray nothing.

Her knuckles rapped lightly on the door to alert whoever was inside to her presence before entering. It had been hours since she first arrived at the hospital, but it wasn't until now that she felt ready to face this stranger that the doctors insisted was related to her. Teyla stood in the doorway, holding a puck in her hands and trying to reach out with the Force, seeking the truth on this matter. That same kinship she'd felt, when Eline came knocking.

"Hello. Zayle, isn't it? I'm Teyla."

She couldn't be sure what his state of mind would be after everything he'd been through, but she was counting on him being cognitive enough to at least hold a sparing conversation. The doctors had assured her he was ready for visitors.

Taking a seat by his bedside, she dropped the puck onto the table and pressed a button that brought up his contract. "How long have you been a slave?" she asked, removing a datapad from the bag she'd brought with her and placing it in his hands. "They told me you can't speak, so I thought this might help." Looking at him, something in the pit of her stomach pulled at her, a reluctance in his eyes that she thought she recognized. "...You know that, slavery is outlawed in Confederate Space, and as a Knight Obsidian... I could have your previous owners arrested for breaking that law." pressing a button, the previously displayed information vanished, replaced with that of an 'error' signal. "I have no desire to Lord over you, or make you work for me. I just want to know who you are, where did you come from?"

Zayle Reyis Zayle Reyis

Zayle Reyis

When the woman walked into the room, he breathed deeply catching her scent. She was related to his father and, as a result, him. She smelled of anxiety, of anger. She didn’t want to be here. He respected her for that. He listened to her, polished silver gaze taking in her every move. When she asked him how long he’d been a slave he tilted his head slightly. She spoke of being a knight, of punishment, of slavery being outlawed. He took the datapad and studied her for a moment before he started typing.

He handed back the pad after a bit when he was done so she could read it.

Just because they train you, educate you, feed you and clothe you, doesn’t make you any less future property. I signed a contract when those things were done, to pay back my first masters for their sponsorship. I have spent my whole life being someone’s tool, I am surprised you asked that question all things considered.

As for who I am? I am no one, it takes freedom to be allowed such privilege.

Where did I come from? I am some woman’s unwanted get, cast into the trash heap and spun into a sea of sharks. I am surprised you wanted anything to do with me at all, I can tell you are angry and don’t want to be here. I’d rather you not try and pretend my lady, be true to your feelings and don’t worry about sparing mine. You have quite a mess because of me, intended or no. You have every right to your suspicions and anger.

At least now she knew he was educated, he had that much to call his own. Despite having been injured he looked in fine health. She would sense his own anger at things, though it was more a sense of a complicated tangle of anger than simply at his circumstances right now. The hard part was, because he was mute, written words could easily hide so much that one might get a sense of from his words.

He displayed a fine level of control over his emotions as well. His body still, his anger in check. Exactly as you’d expect for a man trained to protect others. His silvered gaze never left her, he was prepared for her to be upset at his words. He was being quite bold and knew it, but he was also prepared for the consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom