Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public expedition to Concordia

"I believe I got it, but I'm not sure, the door should've opened." He continues a little more and presses the buttons on the 'pad. "It's a delicate operation but if need be we may have to brute force our way in." He says while place his hand onto his lightsaber gesturing to cut open the door.

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
Laphisto gave a slight nod, eyes darting to the General's lightsaber. He had forgotten for a brief moment that he had helped in its creation. with a small nod, he moved to unclip his blade, though it didn't have the same Omni directional cutting power as Silas Vizsla Silas Vizsla 's. " considering the majority of this vault is buried under dirt and stone, I would have to guess the doors jammed."

"Perhaps, It's been awhile since these doors have even opened it seems." He draws out his lightsaber and ignites it with a low hum it ignites smoothly extracting the deep crimson glow with it dark void of a blade to complement it. Swinging it around to position it to cut, the blade sucks in the light around it and rapidly punctures the metal of the door. With some effort it begins to move, slowly melting through the door.

Laphisto watched with a faint smile on his lips, the soft echo of his chuckle intertwining with Silas Vizsla Silas Vizsla lightsaber's piercing hiss and crackle. The azure blade, radiant and unwavering, danced through the air with graceful yet lethal precision, casting an ethereal glow that illuminated the dark recesses of their immediate surroundings. Each incision into the metallic door was a delicate dance of light meeting an unyielding surface, the heat radiating from the weapon's arc emitting a gentle hum that vibrated through the silent vally.

"Well, if over four thousand years is your idea of 'just a little while', then indeed, time has flown," Laphisto remarked, a hint of irony in his voice. Emerging from carbonite had become an all too familiar routine, and each time the tapestry of the galaxy displayed only subtle shifts. Mighty vessels now dwarfed their predecessors, commanding the vastness of space with reduced crews, but the ever-present droids? Their incessant chatter and whirring seemed unchanged, a constant in an evolving universe. To Laphisto's keen observation, cultures and peoples, while appearing different, danced to the same age-old tunes of ambition and survival. Yet, the immediate path before them, shadowed with unpredictability, was laden with dangers neither could foresee.

Elsewhere, the Bsskar mine bore an entirely different atmosphere. The expansive cavern echoed with the sound of footsteps and muted conversations. Entirr Mokuze Entirr Mokuze , with an air of authority and experience, led the mining team deeper into the labyrinthine tunnels. The overhead lights occasionally revealed the glistening of minerals embedded in the rock, hinting at potential riches. However, as they ventured further, the promise of the mine seemed a façade. While grand in their natural architecture, the vast chambers revealed only sparse and minor deposits. Every now and then, a miner would eagerly chisel at a promising vein, only to find its yield disappointing.

Taking some time to ensure everything is melted properly, he retracts his blade, the sound being something not commonly known for a Lightsaber, it makes a found squealing hiss as it deactivates and is placed back onto his belt. He steps back while the molten metal splits away from the what used to be fully sound door. "For not doing that before I'm impressed of myself." He says in slight humor "But we now have an opening, however I'd say we should make haste and enter before anyone catches us out in the open. I'd hate for some common thieves to steal from the vaults."

Laphisto emitted a chuckle, eyes flicking toward Silas Vizsla Silas Vizsla nodding. "Not bad for a beginner," he said, gesturing towards the door Silas had cut open with his lightsaber. "you seem to understand a slower cut makes for an efficient one, not something most outright know. i can't tell you how many times if seen beginners try for speed and end up making a mess of thier cut." he had almost forgotten that Silas wasn't trained with the lightsaber, let alone with the force. A situation he might need to ask and offer about later.

With a nod to Silas, Laphisto extended his arm gracefully, the invisible tendrils of the Force emanating from his fingertips. The cut metal section, still warm from the lightsaber's touch, eased out of its socket and drifted to the side. The opening revealed the darkness of the vault. any power that had once flowed through was now long since dormant.

" so far so good, " he thought for a moment a hand grasping his chin in thought, his blurry vision peering into the agape hole of the vaults door. he didn't need to have eyesight to know he had a bad feeling about what awaited them further in the mine." Better for us to uncover the secrets below than leave them for some opportunistic thief."

A miner, his face and uniform a canvas of dust and grime, walked up to Entirr Mokuze Entirr Mokuze . The data pad in his hands held the digital confirmation of their empty-handed plight. "Sir, this mine is all dried up," he reported, wiping sweat from his brow. Every nook and cranny of the mine had been explored, every potential vein of valuable mineral probed, yet they were left with nothing but the cold, hard rocks surrounding them. "Should we pack it in and head for the next one on the list?"

Silas walks through the door, once his head makes it through, He presses a button on the side of his helmet which activates the head lamps. Shining through the vast darkness in front of them these four lights manage to brighten up the area enough to see a good few feet ahead. As a precaution though, He presses another button activating a light friendly night-vision mode helping him see a bit more clearly. "The air is stale, no one's been here in quite awhile it seems."

He reaches down towards his DC-17a Blaster pistols, a relic from his father, and takes them out of his holster in preparation for something to go wrong. He switches one to stun and one to kill just in case something truly needs to be taken out. "If it weren't for my filters this air would start getting to me, we best make a move on it though, I agree let's not leave any thieves to collect what is held here."

Laphisto waves his hand infront of his face in an attempt to push the dust away with a small rumble from his throat, shaking his head in the process. he didn't have a helmet of his own and so was stuck with his bodies own immune system to defend against any airborne illness that might have developed in the few thousand years in the stale air. turning to Silas he gave a slight nod pushing down deeper into the vault " know, back during the Mandalorian wars, getting to one of these vaults was like finding Coaxium in your backyard. well caught after but extremely dangerous."

Laphisto didn't really speak of his past much other than a few mentions here and there, then again it wasn't like he was trying to hide it either. he didn't feel like he needed to. it wasn't like anyone was going to come after him for the crimes or actions he committed thousands of years ago, he was but a lost relic similarly to whatever they might find in this vault

Silas Vizsla Silas Vizsla Entirr Mokuze Entirr Mokuze

Going in further, Silas sees the old tech and walls. For a place so old it's remarkable that it's still stands strong. "I wonder how much further we have." He says carefully taking his steps making sure not to step on a trap or bump into anything that could be hiding in the darkness.

Silas Vizsla Silas Vizsla and Laphisto proceeded cautiously through the ancient vault, their footsteps echoing softly in the dimly lit chamber. The walls were adorned with ornate carvings depicting scenes from a bygone era, and the air held a musty, almost sacred quality. The vault had been untouched for centuries, its secrets hidden away from the prying eyes of the galaxy.

As they ventured deeper, the eerie silence was only broken by the occasional whisper of their breath and the faint sound of their boots on the aged stone floor. They carefully examined each corner, their eyes scanning for any sign of traps or security measures that might have been left behind.

Entirr Mokuze Entirr Mokuze voice crackled through Laphisto's comlink, breaking the solemn silence. Laphisto's attention was divided as he brought the comlink to his ear, responding hushedly, "If the mine is empty, then yes, move on to the next. We have roughly five mines to investigate."

But as he spoke, his foot grazed an inconspicuous pressure plate embedded in the floor, triggering a silent alarm that had lain dormant for centuries. The vault's security system, forgotten by time but still vigilant, stirred to life with a low, mechanical hum. The overhead lights flickered back to life, casting an eerie glow across the vault's chamber and revealing more intricate details.

The vault's generator roared back to life with a low, mechanical hum, causing the lights to flicker and gradually illuminate the chamber. The sudden change in atmosphere sent a shiver down their spines as they realized the vault's security measures had been awakened from their slumber. The carvings on the walls came alive with newfound, eerie light.

"Well that's not a great sign." He jumps to the closest cover he can find, ready to lay waste to whatever comes. "There should be a way to hack into the security defenses now, seeing how everything is alive again." He says looking around for a terminal that he could splice through. With the hope of a terminal being close to him instead of out in the open , he looks around scanning with his helmet.

Laphisto's hand shot to his saber, a low growl escaping him as he scanned the desolate corridors. "Could it be the motion sensor lights acting up?" he quipped. He shook his head, fixing his gaze forward, and an eerie silence hung in the air. A slow thumping sound growing in volume hung in the silent air. Gradually, the mechanical thumping of footsteps grew louder, echoing ominously through the metallic walls like an impending storm. The corridor seemed to pulse unstoppable, each step like a foreboding drumbeat.

Lights in the distance flickered on one by one as thirty Sentinel droids approached, their silver chrome plating casting eerie reflections on the cold metal walls. Their movements were precise, accentuated by the flickering overhead lights that bathed the corridor in a menacing glow. The first row of five droids maintained a flawless formation, their blasters aimed with deadly precision. Their blasters' tips gleamed like a lurking predator's sharp teeth in the dimness. Blasters in mechanical hands and ready for combat

With a synchronized attack, the droids unleashed a barrage of blaster bolts at Laphisto and his companion. Chaos erupted in the corridor as the bolts streaked through the air, leaving fiery trails in their wake. The vivid crimson bolts briefly illuminated the darkness, striking against crates, walls, and the floor.

Laphisto ignited his saber, grumbling as he deflected as many bolts as possible. "Looks like I spoke too soon." Several stray bolts struck his armor, which still proved resilient while not made of beskar. His eyes briefly flashed teal, a reflex driven by the Force, before he realized its futility without living beings to sense. He cursed himself and relied on his natural eyesight.

With a growled shout, he signaled to Silas Vizsla Silas Vizsla , "I'll draw their fire. You blast those damned things when they get closer."

Meanwhile, deep within the mine with Entirr Mokuze Entirr Mokuze , the crew swiftly gathered their gear, preparing to move to the next mine. The previous one had been stripped of its resources, leaving little behind. However, this new mine held promise. Miners had uncovered five untouched beskar deposits, and their excitement grew as they continued their work.

The foreman approached Entirr, holding a data pad, and spoke with his eyes focused on the screen. "Sir, we've found about five nearly untouched deposits of beskar. My men are working on extracting the ore. It shouldn't take more than a few hours."

Noticing the Sentinels approaching and hearing the words from Laphisto, Silas swiftly changes the position he is facing. "Roger that" He says, Silas presses a button on the right side of his helmet, activating and repositioning the range finder equipped. Utilizing the range finder, he picks a target, anything that happens to be in the middle of that formation to be exact. Moving his left arm up, he begins to tighten his grip of a fist "Sir, I'd close my eyes." He warns, before pressing the pressure trigger, launching a wrist mounted rocket towards the approaching enemy.

After firing, he quickly adjusts himself just enough to plug his datapad into a terminal. He can at least control it through his helmet, hoping he can hack into the system still.

Laphisto was already half past blind, so he did just that when Silas Vizsla Silas Vizsla told him he should close his eyes—ducking himself out of the oncoming blaster fire and hiding behind a cargo crate. While he didn't see the rocket spiraling down the corridor, he heard the enduring explosion, which took out six of the sentinel droids. Five were destroyed in the blast, with the sixth one's legs being damaged. To which it decided to begin crawling toward the pair—the collum of droids marching over and kicking the remains of the destroyed droids. Looking over, laphisto saw Silas plug into a terminal, grunting to himself as he stood up. Saber waved in the air as he returned to reflecting - or trying to - the bolts back to the droids. "Alright, Silas, do what you can see if you can't get us another way out of here. Ina side passage somewhere, we can avoid these things."

Meanwhile, in the mine, the group began to mine the beskar pulling it from the walls and whatever large enough vien they could eventually come up with a decent-sized amount. The foreman approached Entirr Mokuze Entirr Mokuze to update them on the progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom