Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Expand The First Reply List

I'm not good at coding so I don't know if it's a possible thing or not, but First Reply threads have been popping off as of late. Though, some just don't get replies because they pretty quickly get buried by other threads in the public forum, and only the newest First Reply is shown on the sidebar (even if it's already got a reply). So expanding that little sidebar to hold more could get more folks seen. Or, alternatively, make a new thread type that's First Replied that folks who make a First Reply thread can change to so it's out of said list.

Like I said I'm not good at a lot of coding and don't know how websites work so idk what's possible. If it is, great! If not, what is?

I like this idea, it will also give new members some exposure and help them find more writing partners in some regard. If they are not part of the discord channels and don't advertise it elsewhere it will only get forgotten within the day.

The problem with the First Reply bar is that the First Replies in there have usually already been, well, replied to. Most FRs have a reply by the time I see them there, which makes it almost seem redundant. If it were possible to create a system which would keep track of which threads have received replies and remove them from the FR bar accordingly, that would be something.

The problem with the First Reply bar is that the First Replies in there have usually already been, well, replied to. Most FRs have a reply by the time I see them there, which makes it almost seem redundant. If it were possible to create a system which would keep track of which threads have received replies and remove them from the FR bar accordingly, that would be something.

People can freely change their thread types via editing their first post and clicking where it says First Reply, so I'll double down on the idea of making it a First Replied tag for the threads that do have responses so they'll be taken from the list of FR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom