Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Evolution

Rhia Kesyk

R
Rhia scoffed.
"Are you saying I'm Wookiee-ish?" she inquired, raising a hand to her chest in mock offense, "How dare..." She couldn't even complete the sentence before succumbing to a gentle chuckle. By this point her noodles were all but gone, and so she set the empty box to one side and stretched out in satisfaction. "I'll be sure to add it to my list of places to visit."
It wasn't a very long list, but oh well. It would remain a small list if she never actually bothered to add to it wouldn't it?
"I wonder what else lays over that way..." Now wasn't the time to go charting routes in her mind, but the thought was well and truly engrained by this point. Whoops...

i have no clue what's happening
"Trandosha," he absent-mindedly, immediately answered, around a mouthful of noodles. "Same system. Close by is also...Umbara, Onderon, Ambria, Manaan..." he paused, with a thoughtful look that rapidly turned into a smirk. "And, well, if you want to relive the experience of that perfume, I think Zeltros is out that way too." Just not without him, of course; the idea of her running alone on a party world like that was more frightening than entertaining.

Still a little entertaining, though.

Somewhat less entertaining was what she'd said about having to start her journey, going through trials and the like, probably. Something he'd probably have go get to soon; no doubt the message that he was okay wouldn't be enough for the Jedi, they'd still have to grab him and train him and do all their...Jedi stuff. He still wasn't sure about most of it, although Rhia certainly seemed to be. Of course, from what she'd been saying, she'd been raised believing in the Force and all that, so it wasn't very surprising.

"Say...what does that journey entail, anyways? Or the trials? I haven't really gotten that far with everything they've been trying to teach me." Maybe they'd send out a master to find him. That was something they did, right? Assigning newer members of the cult with people to actually teach them how it worked? Hopefully it wouldn't come too soon.

Rhia Kesyk

Rhia Kesyk

R
Much to her surprise, Marus listed a whole host of planets which were in close proximity to Kashyyyk. Most, however, were only familiar in name and she had little in the way of understanding when it came to their actual planetary state. Terrain and biomes and the like. But if she was going to head that way for the Wookiees then maybe it was worth her time to do some research.
At the mention of Zeltros, she gave him a wry smile. "Pretty intense to experience alone" she replied, with a soft shake of her head. Truth be told she was glad he'd accidentally gotten some of the men's perfume too, because she couldn't imagine it having been a one sided affair. Nope, not at all.
"Manaan, though... That's water, isn't it?" It was one of the few she knew in more than just name. An oceanic world with archipelagos... Sounded idyllic. Maybe somewhere to refresh and rejuvenate should the trials prove a little too much to bear.
Speaking of which...
"Nine trials, one for each of the Je'daii Temples. It's sort of a way to consolidate everything we've learned. It's important for us to dip our toes into each of the disciplines, before choosing which we'll commit ourselves to."
Wondering just how much he actually wanted to know about it, she half turned on the bench. "You wanna hear about the different aspects, or was that enough information?" A soft chuckle accompanied the words, Rhia really didn't mind what answer he gave.

"A lot of water, yeah. Water everywhere. Great place if you're into swimming, probably."

As for that bit of explanation: nine trials, for the Je'daii. The Jedi probably had something similar, then? Although they hadn't covered anything about nine different temples or anything like that. A couple major ones, at least for the group he was with, and a bunch of smaller ones all around. Of course, the Je'daii certainly seemed to be limited down to far fewer than nine temples themselves. Some sort of holdover from the past? Interesting.

By this point he'd finished his noodles as well, so he set the empty box aside as Rhia turned towards him. "Sure," he said with a nod. At least if he had some clue about what the Je'daii did it might help him figure out what the Jedi did, what they'd one day be asking him to go through. Nine disciplines, though...didn't the Jedi only have three? Did that mean they only had three separate trials?

Rhia Kesyk

Rhia Kesyk

R
"I do love to swim" she confessed, fondly recalling the times in her youth when she'd been taught how, and how accustomed she'd become since. It was a freeing experience, to float. "Do uh, do you know how to swim?" Her head tilted ever so slightly to one side as she inquired, curious. "I know you said you haven't spent a whole lot of time planet side..."
She could see that her very brief explanation had brought some introspection, for Marus had a slightly faraway look in his eye. Whatever was on his mind she obviously couldn't tell, but he seemed to want to know more so the very least she could do was indulge him.
"So, uh, as I said, there's nine temples, or paths... Akar Kesh, which is the Temple of Balance, Anil Kesh, which focuses on Science, Bodhi the Temple of Arts, Kaleth, which is the Temple of Knowledge, Mahara Kesh which is for the healers, Padawan Kesh which is where Younglings were trained, and where the basics are taught..."
Rhia took a second to take a breath, and to let him process all that, before continuing on.
"Qigong Kesh, which is the Temple of the Force, Stav Kesh where martial skills are taught, and Vur Tepe which is the Forge... Where things were made, like our blades." Rhia hadn't made her blade, nor had Ideon, they'd been made by Master Shif in order to keep them safe. But one day soon... One day she'd forge her own.
"Basically we learn from each of the Temples, and then carry out a trial which focuses on the disciplines taught at each. Then we can choose where we want to focus going forward. I uh... I don't really know where I want to end up, but I'm excited to get out there and find out."

Marus had what he would consider a fairly simple outlook. The Jedi had decided to take him in, tell him the Force was a thing, they showed some skills they had with it, they said that he was Force-sensitive himself. He still had no clue what that really meant, and more than a few had gotten frustrated trying to figure out why he couldn't do the things they were trying to show him when he was seemingly just as connected to it as they were. Overall, though, it all seemed one big whole. All together.

Then, Rhia, with her Je'daii side of things, talking about all the different temples...

"That's a lot of temples."

Yes, Marus, astute observation. As was the idea that each was devoted to a different particular set of skills, rather than all together as the Jedi taught it. Each temple or enclave still devoted to the whole, not to the specifics. About her specific focus, however...

"Well, Cotan used to train you, right? Isn't he most well known for being up in the front of every battle, weapon in hand? Seems like an obvious starting point for you..."

Wait. He actually, after saying it, really didn't like the thought of her taking after the old man in that way. New topic, new topic, back to...

"...Right, swimming." Had he ever learned? It was rare to have a station with a pool to swim in, or learn at all. He'd had some experience in Zero-G, but that seemed like a different thing.

"...Well, how hard could it be, anyways? It's just water."

Rhia Kesyk

Rhia Kesyk

R
"Yeah, I guess it is. But from what I've seen people tend to pick a couple of them that interest them or work with what they're good at. Way back when, they were sort of like a full civilization, so having the different disciplines basically just ensured that all parts of society were tended to I suppose. People to craft and make clothes and the like, teachers, defenders, inventors..."
Rhia shrugged. "I suppose it's not quite so necessary these days, with hyperspace travel and the like. You can more or less travel to find what you need. But back then? They were locked into the Tython system."
Talks turned briefly to Cotan and she pondered whether that path was something she might follow wholeheartedly herself. "I do want to learn how to better defend myself" she remarked, apparently not really noticing how he was hoping to change the subject. "But I don't know. I feel like I've spent the past decade surviving, and learning how to fend for myself. A good foundation, but it didn't really allow for developing more specialized skills or interests. Anything could happen between now and the end of my trials."
As for swimming...
"Well, I don't actually remember ever learning for myself. But I've been able to swim for as long as I can recall. It's nice, freeing. Maybe we could try some time?"

It was a relief to know she didn't exactly plan on following in her former master's footsteps, at least. Going in against one Sith on Csaus had been bad enough, and he wasn't even sure that one had been particularly well-trained at the time. The idea of her, himself, or anybody else being insane enough to go in against them almost like it was a hobby was nothing but a source of distress to imagine, at least for anybody in their age group. Let the older people stick to it if they wanted to be crazy.

Swimming was much more enjoyable to imagine, even if he couldn't remember ever actually having done it. Maybe he had and he was just too young to ever remember, but if that was the case...was it one of those skills you could lose? He might have lost it. Either way, at least Rhia would be able to keep him from drowning. It was certainly easy to imagine her enjoying herself on a beach somewhere, water glistening in the sunlight, olive-tinged skin turning lightly tanned...

No, no. Focus on the present.

He nodded at what she suggested. "Sure, if you know of a pool somewhere, we can see one of these afternoons," he agreed. "Hopefully...hopefully before any Jedi come looking for me to try and pick me back up. Because I'm sure that's the plan among the ones that have actually noticed I'm gone."

Rhia Kesyk

• Love
Reactions: Kal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom