Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything's Better, Down Where It's Wetter | First Order Dominion of Qeravert IV

skin, bone, and arrogance
Talbot studied his friend for a few moments more and then leaned closer, draping an arm across his friend's broad shoulders. "Actually," he said in a conspiratorial tone. "There may be an opportunity that I can offer you on an exclusive basis, but I think we'd better talk with the boss first before I go into detail. But suffice it to say that the First Order may be looking for assistance with a project that only a corporation the size and scale of Santhe could achieve."

This was Natasi's brainchild, but Talbot had helped with the discussion. "Picture a shipyard, hidden, protected, entirely untraceable by conventional means. A shipyard where large projects, revolutionary projects, could be completed in secret, without the meddling of the media or the other so-called powers in the galaxy." He clinked his glass against that of [member="Alec Sienar"]. "Where it's only a matter of strength and who can build it, of money and who can make it." He drained his glass and set it down on the table nearby. "Anyway. Join us in our room for a nightcap and we can discuss it."

In the distance, the ship's horn blew, and Talbot glanced at his watch. "Good lord, is that the time? We ought to change for dinner. Come on, I think your cabin is near ours."

In the distance, the ship's horn blew, and Emma took a gander at her wristwatch, then clicked her tongue. "Come along," she squeaked at the porters who were offloading the luggage from the shuttle carrying herself and Moff [member="Erasmus Tagge"] to the ship. "That's an hour to dinner and I'll need to get the Minister settled!" She examined her datapad, looking slightly distracted as she clicked her fingers. The young PPS wore a pale yellow sundress with a large, wide-brimmed hat shielding her from the setting sun. She sighed and slid her sunglasses back over her eyes before turning back to look up the ramp. "This way, sir, I've got a map handy. You're on Deck A, the Finalizer Suite. We'll try not to take that personally, will we?"

As she led the way towards the suite, Ginger briefed Tagge on the scheduled, which would include regular meetings beginning with a kickoff at dinner that evening, and regular breakfast meetings to go over the day's tasks and the previous day's accomplishments. You've got cocktails with the Grand Moff in the Avalonia Suite after dinner tonight -- classified, but Clémence and I will be in attendance if you're too busy and of course I'll brief you if you can't attend."

They arrived outside the door to the suite and Ginger withdrew her keycard and unlocked the door then pushed it open to expose the luxuriously appointed suite, nearly identical to the Grand Moff's but on the opposite side of the ship. Ginger paused in the doorway, her hazel eyes taking it all in before she cleared her throat and stepped in. She directed the porters to the bedroom upstairs to unpack the Moff's effects, then handed him the key to his suite. "I'm in A-22, just down the hall, if you should need me. Do you need anything before I go and change for dinner?"

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Talbot Vitalis"]

It sounded mildly like the Maw installation of old and that peaked Alec's interest.

See, the Galaxy was in a rut as far as Alec was concerned. They were recycling the same old vanilla ideas over and over again without ever trying to do much in the way of innovation. The last Super Star Destroyer had been made pre-Gulag and after 400 years of darkness no one corporation had tried to achieve the same feat. It was a scale of economics, to be sure, why invest so much wealth into one vehicle of destruction when that same price could inspire a whole fleet that would be just as destructive if not more?

But the Maw?

Pinnacle of construction and design that topped much of what was happening right now. "I think I could go for a nightcap or two later, yes." Alec replied cautiously, but the soft tugging of a grin would Tal all he needed about his friend's interest.

He looked at his own watch and then smirked.

"Time flies when you are catching up, let's go and see how splendid the suites are then." He finished his glass and rose right after Talbot. Following him out and once more moving through the corridors. "I am impressed by the engineering, Tal, the Order's engineers have outdone themselves."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette and the two officers who had accompanied her on the trip found themselves on the Promenade well on their way to the reading room. The silence that had fallen between them was comfortable enough for two of the three women there, but Commander Galeway was never okay with silence. "Underwater city, right?" She asked aloud, "where do we begin?" Her question laid bare for all to hear in the empty void of nothingness for the Grand Admiral did not wish to answer, not here anyway. She realized however that her young protege needed something to fill the void. And so then returned the blonde's questions with one of her own.

"What of the Frontrunner and the Consul, let us start there," the brunette paused a moment, "where are we with those projects?"

The blonde hadn't a clue, Engineering was never her forte it'd always been communications and navigations, or tactical training but not engineering and so she looked over to Rae. She listened for the Commander's answer and was more than impressed with how the woman carried herself. "Still in the blueprint phase, I'm afraid while both ships are similar they are not the same at least not in the tasks in which we want them to accomplish in combat. One of our main issues is making sure that they do not repeat their roles between themselves and that they are distinct enough. This isn't so much of a problem for the Consul mind you, but the Frontrunner yes."

Fiolette held open the door to the reading room as both Galeway and Rae walked in. "Of course, I understand but I do want to move the Consul's production up. We're nearing the end of our retrofits and I want her to be among the last ships there."

"Of course," Rae acknowledged as she selected a table there in the reading room.

As soon as the two others took their seats, Fiolette walked the reading room two more times just to be sure no one would be listening, not that she intended on giving out confidential information. No, nothing so scared to the security of their nation. Rather, sacred to her and in her mind what she felt needed to be kept secret. "Alright ladies, let us begin with the basics of working underwater. I'd like to establish a shipbuilding operation there, as well as our starfighter operation for the new Monarch-type."

Progflaw99

As the dark brown liquid began to fill his cup, a quiet tune escaping his lips in a soft whistle. Dante reached over, retrieving a lid and securing it, he breathed in deep - something about the smell of the coffee brought him back, back to the deep wilderness of Sump. It wasn't often the memories came to him, but when they did they demanded his attention. Almost absentmindedly he turned, his foot stepping forward before he realized there was someone there. The shock jarred him from the slight daze, his eyes focusing on the figure in front of him. *Female, mid twenties. No more than 5'5''.* It was an almost automatic appraisal of her, but a look of acknowledgement began to spread across his features. Yes, he'd definitely remembered reading through her personnel file - one Emilia Ravel. A smirk tugged at the corner of his lips as the woman introduced herself. He raised his cup in greeting as he spoke.

"Not too much I hope." He narrowed his eyes, smirk turning to a menacing sneer - for a moment. A grin widened across his features as he switched cup hands, extending his towards the woman. "Nice to meet you Ms. Ravel. Cryptolinguist eh?"
Eyes darting towards the caf machine he stepped sideways to allow room for the woman to pass. Everyone needed their coffee - especially on a day that had really only just begun. The construction of a city - and not just any city, and underwater city. Security was a headache, not to mention the sheer magnitude of the undertaking. That and there were so many moving parts. Raising the cup to his lips, he sipped slowly. Soon enough he'd be headed to another meeting of the minds, most of the planning had been done already but the Grand Moff had wanted maximum participation from her council - it was that which had drawn him away from his other endeavors. With a casual sigh Dante spoke again.

"So, how long you been with the Bureau? First major assignment?
[member="Emilia Ravel"] | [member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Alec Sienar"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Talbot Vitalis"] | [member="Kuril Vehn"]

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
Time for work. Kuril had enjoyed his time away from responsibility, but if he didn't do his job, he'd spend a fair deal of time away - only he likely wouldn't enjoy the conditions. He'd stopped by the event venue briefly to look at things. He was eventually shooed away by one of the service staff, as they weren't ready yet. He didn't have his badge displayed, nor did he care enough to one up the man, so he did as he was told and left. Enough time had passed, he thought.

The rest of the ship was a go - at least from the publicly accessible side. He'd let the agents go into the cracks and made sure nothing made them wider. Now it was time to check on his people. He was confident they ran a tight ship (pun intended), but it was his job to make sure things were in line, even when they were. Attaching his FOSB badge to his belt, he proceeded inside. A dozen or so agents were shuffling about carrying out their various duties. Others lounged around until the show began and they actually had something to monitor. Kuril understood that things were often dry, and in order to maintain one's sanity, one had to slack a little bit.

Only here, the security minister was present. It was time to be on top of their game. Kuril strode around the room, making his presence known and putting out the vibe that they should at least look busy.

Turning to his assistant, he asked, "Who's in charge here?"

"The ranking agent is Emilia Ravel. She's speaking with Minister Calgar now. There should be an SSA posted here to run things, I'll find out."

Raising his hand, he stopped him. "No, that's alright." He lurked long enough.

Leaving him, he went to approach the conversing two.

"Minister, officer.", he said in greeting. "I hope I'm not interrupting."

[member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"]

The Director seemed to recognise her after a moment, and as she spoke his features tweaked into a small smile; a good sign. Her shoulders slumped from their tensed position, and she let out a small, pent up breath, relaxing herself. She nodded as he moved aside to let her fill her cup, and she pressed a few buttons, placing it under the nozzle as the aromatic liquid poured out.

She turned back to him as he spoke, taking a long sip from her cup to hide her shaking hand. Trained to read faces, Emilia hadn't missed the Director's subtle change in expression, the tightening of the lips, slight squinting of the eyes, the almost imperceptible flare of his nostrils. Emilia saw all of it, and reminded herself to be more careful of what she said and did. This was an incredibly powerful man, it wouldn't do her any favours to provoke ire from him.

Thankfully, his expression quickly returned to normal, and the tone of his next remark was conversational. He asked how long she'd been with the Bureau, and she raised her head a little higher, standing up straight as she answered. "I was transferred to the Bureau about a year ago sir." She paused, counting her field ops in her head. "This will be my 5th assignment in the field." She played nervously with her hair, tucking the loose strands back behind her ears. "I must say, this is a nicer setting than my other missions."

An approaching figure caught her eye, and Emilia did a double take, her mouth agape until she caught herself and stood straight. Bloody Director Calgar, and Deputy Director Vehn, in the same damn tiny room, with her. HER. Some nobody Staff Officer, it was ridiculous, like some sort of sick joke where increasingly important officials paraded past her as they made casual remarks about her career, as if they couldn't make her disappear from the face of the Galaxy on a whim.

Emilia cracked another hasty salute, and stammered to the Deputy Director. "No- I uh... No sir, not interrupting."

[member="Kuril Vehn"] | [member="Dante Calgar"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
The reading room's air hung stale for the moment, clad with older books and still older words with regards to a time long forgotten by many. Galidraani's were one of the few creatures in the galaxy that appreciated a simpler way of life, if rather antiquated by many standards. The Empress of Dosuun's mighty durasteel body sailed smoothly acrossed the vast waters of Qeravert. Her keel cut through it like a blade through a soft butter, her Imperial colour scheme reflected onto her shine from the depths of water.

Grand Admiral Yvarro and her two accompanying officers could feel hardly a bump. Much of the ship's internal build made up of a counter to the ongoing bobbing that most would feel aboard a ship of the Empress's size. This much, the Grand Admiral was grateful for as she looked on at the model of the curiously dubbed, 'Kleito.' Kleito was the tentative name of the prize city that the Grand Moff wished to build, beside it laid a model called, 'Mneseos,' and another called, 'Euaimon.' Mneseos was where the Grand Admiral wished to build her shipyard, while Euaimon would serve as Starfighter Operations for Primo Victoria Shipwright.

She adjust her dress at the hem, while her eyes traced the wide avenue on the model. "We'll need to account for the traffic going into Kleito and going out. Give me what you have regarding our own research into ancient Gungan technology." Her voice steady, firm and inspite of the formal wear that clung to her body, the Grand Admiral was at work. Galeway moved across the reading room and picked up a tablet, her hands swiped across the screen as she pulled up the First Order's research into Gungan technology. "Thank you, now, Rae. Give me the status on the Monarch."

Rae looked up from her seat, she too had a tablet in her hand. It laid in her lap as one hand scrolled through bits of information the other held a stylus. She twirled the stylus between her index and middle finger, she answered the Grand Admiral plainly, "blueprint, with little bits of information with regards to materials."

"Right," acknowledged the older woman, as she stood up and looked at the model on the table. "We may be able to modify one of our current shield generators to fit this frequency, but, we'll certainly need to draw up a more unique shield and back up shield generators." She paused in her thought, "we'll want to have something internally for each building to be able to withstand the enormous amounts of pressure should those shields give way."

"You believe the shields will fail?"

Galeway poised her question to the Grand Admiral, who answered in short. "No."

"I do not believe our technology will fail, so much as it could be sabotaged. For while we have an armistice with the Galactic Alliance. I'll remind you it is an uneasy one, and this city would be a prime target to act as a catalyst in reigniting the war between our two nations."

Galeway said nothing after that, and the silence hung between them all stale as it had before moments ago.

The ship itself was nice, however, his detail sucked.

The First Order didn't do things unprepared. So, here he was, while other members wined, dined, and reclined- he was high up on the ship, scanning the horizon for threats. Part of his lookout position was to be in the event of a attempted hijacking, to warn for attackers- and to watch the deck for any would-be assassination attempts, Jedi, nefarious Sith, spies- generally anyone who would cause trouble. The reason Dass could do so with impunity, uninterrupted was for the simple law of predators. Predators, were the apex in their environment. And therefore, they did not look up. Humanoids, and humans, and other species evolved to be the apex predator of their respective environments. But they all shared a common trait. No wings.

Because the winged ones were terrified of them, so they evolved to never looking up. It's why snipers were so effective from up and high, although Dass had found some comfort in the stillness of a flat surface. Dass ran his fingers over his rifle, a Verpine rifle that produced no recoil- no sound. But the puff of white smoke was a bother in most environments, save for places like Hoth and the like. Other than that, however- the rifle was pretty nice. The scope was what made it easy, really. Did half the work for him.

Dass sighed and pressed the electronic binoculars to his Mark I eyeballs, and continued to scan the horizon- and then went over the deck of the ship. He paused and put the watch cap on. Was a little windy up here. Didn't need to do a radio check in yet. Nothing to report, nothing to say.

Progflaw99

Dante nodded politely, taking another sip of the brownish liquid they deigned as coffee - he wasn't so sure. Moff Calgar could agree with that, the Empress of Dosuun was certainly a step up from some of the actual field work, that much was certain. As the woman spoke he noticed a quiet entry to the room in his peripherals evidenced by a shuffle of movement by the staff in the room, though he kept his eyes on Ms. Ravel. As Director Vehn materialized he raised an eyebrow and took a half step to the side.

"Deputy Director Vehn." He said with a nod and a motion of his head. "Care for some... coffee?"
Under normal circumstances the Moff's place would be socializing with the elite of First Order society, likely securing himself allies, creating contacts, establishing himself among his peers - it was all so boring really. The transition from his previous position to that of Moff had certainly taken some getting used to, not only the operational side of things but also the way things worked in Avalonia. That was one thing that hadn't changed however, he felt at home here with the other agents. Each one an individual but they all had similar experiences, and they all understood the importance of their jobs, especially here. If all proved correct, it would be an uneventful endeavor, however stranger things had been known to happen. He offered the Deputy Director his free hand as his switched the coffee cup to his left.

"Hope I'm not intruding - this is your show after all. As long as all your agents are of the same cloth of Ms. Ravel here, we're in good hands."
[member="Emilia Ravel"] | [member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Alec Sienar"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Talbot Vitalis"] | [member="Kuril Vehn"]​

Queens-Grill-Restaurant-Render.jpg

Natasi finished getting dressed and exited the suite with [member="Talbot Vitalis"] -- he dashing in a classic tuxedo, she in an evening gown and tiara -- and they made their way to the Admiral's Club. The room was, like all the others in the ship's public spaces, the model of luxury and refinement. At the center of the room, Natasi had requested the latest model of the proposed city to be set up, and it had, its metalwork glistening in the light. Natasi went over to the cityscape and leaned in to study it, eyes tracing along its art deco styling, all clean lines and bold shapes. After examining the model for nearly a full minute, the Grand Moff allowed herself to smile. "It's going to be wonderful," Natasi told Talbot, then turned up her cheek to accept a congratulatory kiss.

As the others began to filter in, Natasi and Talbot took their place at the table at the front of the room; [member="Fiolette Yvarro"], [member="Dante Calgar"], [member="Kuril Vehn"], [member="Erasmus Tagge"], and [member="Alec Sienar"] would sit around the circular table and become acquainted. These were the main players in the construction of the city, and they had to develop a cordial working relationship. Good food, good wine, and proximity should help with that. They were her tiger team, and they would cooperate -- or else.

As the men and women on the project filtered in, they would be greeted with a massive screen behind and above the head table.

FZQLdPl.png

The ship was one of the first of its kind Raijin had ever been on. It hadn’t been too difficult to get on board with the identification card once carried in his – Connors – early days with the First Order around Dosuun. Granted, he kept his head down and didn’t venture out at peak times, but he probably blended in with the others as they took strolls along the decks and stared out over the railings and worked out their place in the galaxy.

All he was here to do was to watch, to understand and to see the key players within the First Order itself and make some connections…without alerting certain members who may recognise the face and wish to take his head from those once brooding shoulders.

Upon the call for the evening event, Raijin stayed far back and far from the eyes of others. He wore his charcoal grey suit and greatcoat, filtering through with some other officers and patrons of the mighty Order, listening to the excited chatter and bravado about how much it had taken to reshape Neritria itself.

He took a seat, a few pleasantries exchanged, a couple of short nods of the head and smiles to tose he sat near. Of course they glanced at the neat dark scar down his face, but it was part of who he was. It was a reminder of the past and how lucky he was to be here.

Raijin sat back, looked at the screen behind the head table and clapped with a few others as they began to cheer their accomplishment. On the table, a face he knew of the Order but others he didn’t. They weren’t important.

He clapped again, took a glass and kept an eye on the table full of First Order power, wealth and...corruption? No. Confidence.

[member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"] | [member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Alec Sienar"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Talbot Vitalis"] | [member="Kuril Vehn"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
In time the Grand Admiral and her two subordinates would leave the reading room and begin their trek to the Admiral's Club. Much like the rest of the ship's interior it reminded Fiolette of older times, and times she wanted to keep in the past. For now her eyes were drawn to the center where the model of the city rested for all to see, from there her attention gravitated to the massive screen that read, "Neritria."

She directed Galeway and Rae to small table not to far from where she would be seated. It was rectangular with white cloth, and the same red cover as the seat she had. One of the things that Fiolette noted as she carefully made her way between chairs and tables the style. Art deco, one more common with the First Order than Galidraan, a touch she figured, left by her niece [member="Natasi Fortan"]. As the Grand Admiral took her seat the front table her eyes drifted once more, attention lost in the detail of the room and then [member="Talbot Vitalis"].

Outwardly she had no say in who her niece married or why, but part of her attributed the selection of her nephew-in-law to how Natasi was brought up. It had been in a similar manner if not just a bit more harsh than her own upbringing. Fiolette rebelled against it, but her mind laid the memory to rest as she sat at the front. Her expression still enigmatic with her dark iron black hair neatly laid across her shoulders. Her shawl wrapped around the front keeping her modesty.

[member="Raijin"] | [member="Alec Sienar"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"] | [member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Kuril Vehn"]

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
As he approached the pair, he was greeted by a salute from the female operative. With a slight upward curve of his lip, he put her at ease and returned things to how they were previously. "While I appreciate the gesture, you don't need to salute me.", he said softly, before being offered coffee by his more immediate superior. He shook his head slightly, politely declining. The security minister followed up with a humble comment, complimenting the work of Ravel. Glancing at her as he spoke, he nodded in agreement.

"She's proven to be a leader in her field. In fact...", he began, before his aide stepped to and whispered in his ear. Kuril turned his head slightly to listen.

"It appears things are ready for us in the Admiral's Club. Best not keep the higher powers waiting.", he said, planning his exit as fast as he'd entered. He glanced once more at the female cryptolinguistics operative as he retreated. "Ms. Ravel."

Before long, he found himself seated among other individuals of the First Order's highest echelons. Already seated was the Grand Admiral of the First Order Navy, and Security Minister Calgar wasn't far behind Kuril himself. Unbutting his jacket, he sat and lifted a chilled glass of water to his lips. All eyes were at the forefront of the room, looking at a projection of the government's plans for the system. So the show began...

[member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Alec Sienar"] | [member="Raijin"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Following closely behind Alec found himself in one of the remaining chairs at the table.

The difference between the table and a table was more than the choice of verbal inflection, because these were the power-brokers that would make everything happen when it came to the project and outside of it. Some he knew by faces, others were completely new to him, one was known to him by reputation and wild gossip shared by Talbot over the pleasure of some good whiskey and a cigar.

But Sienar did not show any forms of discomfort, in fact, as he crossed one leg over the other and joined the clapping he seemed as easy as he would have in a corporate boardroom on Annaj.

If not more so.

Each one of them had a vital part in the project or they wouldn't be here. His? Money. The wealth of the Tion Cluster pouring through him from several sources and it was his approval that would either clinch the deal or let it flow further. Privately Alec already believed in the project- when your best friend all but lobbied you for it and his wife was the mother of the Order?

Well, suffice it to say that Alec was confident in the success of the project.

It was simply the stakeholders and other investors watching his every move that needed to be placated. They had to see effort, negotiations, they had to see money well-invested and dividends returned twice or even thrice over.

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Kuril Vehn"] | [member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Erasmus Tagge"]​

Natasi stood and made her way to the podium as the others found their seats. She touched the microphone control and shifted her weight, resting her hands lightly on the podium. "Ladies and gentlemen, than you for joining me on this journey and on this project. I understand you all have busy schedules -- things to do, people to see -- and so I recognize that for some of you it is asking a lot. Still, I hope the surroundings, as well as the world-class food and endless supply of libation, prove to be some comfort to you." She favored the room with an indulgent smile before moving on.

"My friends, for the last five years the First Order has been engaged in military conflicts from our very own borders all the way across the galaxy. From the vile Resistance to the Rogue Sith, from the Ssi-Ruuk to the Galactic Alliance and the Silver Jedi, our empire has made a name for itself as a military powerhouse in the galaxy, a true superpower with the might and assets to back up our claim to power. Evildoers, meddlers, and terrorists across the galaxy tremble at the mention of our name." She paused, her lips turning up at the edges into a mischievous smirk. "Which, I say, is no less than we deserve. But there is more to a successful Empire than military accomplishments and conquest -- and certainly there is more to this Empire."

She inclined her head into the spotlight that illuminated the podium. "The First Order will remain a power in the galaxy through its military prowess as well as its scientific and technological dominance, and we will illustrate this clearly in the design and construction of Neritria." She spread her arms to indicate the model city before her. "An entire society beneath an ocean -- a society that will not just survive in one of the least hospitable climates, but thrive. The city will not be grown, as the Gungans of Naboo were, nor exist on the surface as the technological marvels on Dac. Neritria will be the first in a series of projects designed to showcase the First Order's abilities to conquer every frontier, to tame everything wild, to create wealth and influence where there was only wilderness."

The Grand Moff surveyed the room. "You're all here because your abilities make you invaluable to this project. You represent the best and brightest in our nation, those who will lift and carry the torch and illuminate the way, not just on Dosuun or Qeravert IV but into the Unknown Regions and all across this galaxy. Thank you for taking this time and devoting your energy to this great endeavor. Tomorrow we will begin in earnest as we choose a site to begin construction, but for tonight, enjoy everything this ship has to offer and get to know the incredible group of your peers present here. Thank you."

Natasi resumed her seat and leaned over to speak to [member="Fiolette Yvarro"]: "Grand Admiral, would you join me in my suite after dinner for a nightcap? It's the Avalonia Suite on Deck A."

Progflaw99

After taking a deep breath and shotgunning what remained of his near scalding coffee, Dante moved swiftly through the corridors of the ship. Having shed his jacket at the door, he now presented an entirely different visage. He'd made way to his assigned quarters and quickly donned the Moff's standard fare - a dark uniform, complete with gloves. It carried the badge identifying him as a Moff, though it was likely there wasn't a soul in the First Order's domain that wouldn't recognize him. Brushing the front of his uniform briefly, he stopped short in front of the designated conference room. He could hear low conversation within - though this time he wasn't late. He had allowed himself to be preoccupied over the last few of the Grand Moff's "Meetings of the Council" but as this particular meeting was to include those outside of the official channels. He made a fairly quiet entrance, slipping the door closed behind him, noting that the Deputy Director had arrived before him and carefully scanning the seats around the table.

Footsteps bringing him to the open chair, he took a seat. The faces around him he knew, most he was familiar with though not due to any sort of interaction. Profiles and data files, and while most of the others seated at the table were somehow intertwined with the First Order, a new face was seated nearby - Alec Sienar. A powerful investor to be sure, however it was almost assumed - the First Order had many needs and a man at the head of a company that could provide them with it, well, that seemed to speak for itself. Given the status of several ongoing projects, Dante made a mental note to speak with the man about a few things - though here was not the place. As he adjusted his posture and placed the small file folder upon the table in front of him, the Natasi Fortan herself began to speak. His eyes fell to the display, the model city a technological marvel to be certain, however security for such a city not only in construction but ongoing was decidedly not an easy task. Already he could see various structures that defied logic, at least from a security standpoint - but the First Order would do as they would.

As the Grand Moff's words came to a close, Dante scanned the room once more. His eyes rest on Kuril Vehn, the Deputy Director of the FOSB for a moment before resuming their scan. Sometimes it was hard to remember his responsibilities were different now, and while he did oversee the FOSB, he wasn't the Director, and so he would 'leave it to the professionals'. The transition wasn't the easiest thing for him, used to taking charge of situations and being responsible for things like internal security, as a Moff and a member of the Moff Council however his responsibilities drew him more and more towards the external considerations and the much larger picture. He wasn't sure he was entirely comfortable, but that was probably a good thing - with comfort came complacency.

[member="Emilia Ravel"] | [member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Alec Sienar"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Talbot Vitalis"] | [member="Kuril Vehn"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
In the few moments that followed, Fiolette's attention and that of those within the room were drawn to the podium. Their Grand Moff addressed them and she began as expected with the warm up and smile. The Grand Admiral sat still, the feel of the air pricked against her skin, she listened as their head of government spoke of the past. Recalling the First Order's military conflicts expressing that they were more than just the mighty military that their Empire had so been known for. Lips upturned into a mischievous smirk as Fiolette kept her focus on the speaker for now the Grand Moff moved on from their military achievements and segued into scientific and technology dominance.

So then, she would agree, it would be asking a lot if she were not already familiar with some of the plans. Or rather, some of her own plans for the area, Neritria as it was mentioned was the ultimate goal. A complete civilization underwater, her attention moved from the Grand Moff and focused on the model of the city. And she mentioned that it would not be grown nor would it be built above the surface. In the back of Fiolette's mind Gilaria came to the forefront, a recently acquired world which held a lot of its cities underwater. Granted, most of those cities were fit to creatures who lived under the sea. Still, it drew her to pause her thoughts and consider a trip to the luxury resort world of the empire.

Her reasons were to study their engineering, but that thought was interrupted as she moved to keep her focus on the Grand Moff. Conquer every frontier, to tame everything wild, to create wealth and influence where there was only wilderness. Ah, yes, the propaganda machine that was Calinda would certainly move to capture the phrases. The Grand Admiral could see the holoposters now, hear the ads as they played on the state media channels in between broastcasts of Undiscovered or Delighted. Fiolette affixed an entertained smile upon her lips if only for a moment, it disappeared just as soon as it had been. Her enigmatic expression remained as she continued to give her attention to the Grand Moff.

It was only when the head of government moved into the conclusion of her speech that Fiolette noted those at the table. So indeed, they were, some of the best and brightest that their fine nation had to offer. And just as the speech had began so it would conclude, with a small round of applause appropriate for the event. Truly the First Order aimed to be the best in all aspects of life, such an ambitious lot. When the applause had subsided she turned to focus her attention on her two officers. She had briefly made eye contact with both Rae and Galeway before she recieved the invitation to join the Grand Moff for dinner. "Of course your excellency."

[member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Alec Sienar"] | [member="Talbot Vitalis"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"] | [member="Kuril Vehn"]

FW1Hdnr.png
SOME WEEKS LATER​
There was a noticeable air of excitement aboard the Empress of Dosuun as the dignitaries lined up on the deck to be photographed. At the center of proceedings was Natasi Fortan, very pregnant and very proud. This time, the Empress of Dosuun was not sailing across the ocean world, but moored. Moored to what, one might think, knowing of Qeravert IV's ecosystem. She was moored to a great concrete docking facility, designed to be raised and lowered as needed, to be up when a ship needed offloading, and to be down when the city needed to be inaccessible. It was just one innovation inherent in the construction of the city.

When the last of the photos were taken, Natasi strolled along the deck of the ship to where the gangplank had been erected to allow them egress from the ship. The photographer strolled along with Natasi and Talbot, catching candid photographs and video as they descended. At the end of the dock was a bank of pods which, when activates, would take them down to Neritria. Natasi boarded a pod, making space for Talbot, [member="Alec Sienar"], [member="Dante Calgar"], [member="Emilia Ravel"], and [member="Kuril Vehn"].

The elevator pod -- a semi-autonomous submersible, pressurized and began to descended into the ocean. It was several minutes until finally the city of Neritria came into view.
Cy7jW2j.gif
Natasi stood and approached the window, feeling somewhat giddy. Neritria was the big, flashy project that would be highly publicized in the First Order press, but it wasn't the only thing that had been constructed under Qeravert IV's seas. Far from the city, the First Order's newest shipyard was coming together in a top-secret installation on the ocean floor. The Grand Moff inclined her head and waited. It wasn't long before the pod docked, pressurized and opened. Natasi exited the pod into the brightly lit and highly polished immigration center of Neritria, all marble floors and chrome fixtures, with tall, broad windows looking out into the ocean beyond.

The chief foreman of the construction crew approached and Natasi shook hands -- again, photographed by the ubiquitous media droids. "Ma'am, welcome to Neritria. As we speak, the first hundred residents of the city are disembarking the Empress of Dosuun and making their way down for the ribbon cutting ceremony." Natasi turned and introduced the rest of the group. "Mr Foreman, I trust you can answer any questions my team has?" she asked.

"Of course. How can I help?" said the foreman, turning his attention to the group.

iidwuVS.gif

Progflaw99

Several weeks had passed since the completion of the city's construction, thought to say it was entirely finished wasn't an exact truth. The majority of the underwater city had been finished, however there were yet sections and wards that were closed off from the general public. Even so, it was definitely a wonder to behold. Colonel Amsel had never been one to revel in architecture but as he gazed out of the viewport of the vessel they occupied he couldn't help but admire the sheer size and scope of Neritria. A cascade of bubbles floated upwards past the submersible, a school of colorful fish slipping past as they descended towards one of the cities larger bays. Soon they'd arrive, a collection of First Order Officers and Government Officials - plus one [member="Lydia Finn-Camden"].

A week prior, Rolf had reached out to his friend, the reporter. An opportunity had presented itself, and while he'd been strictly careful to avoid blurring the lines between his personal and professional life he had finally made a concession. What good were perks of being a high ranking officer if you couldn't use them every once in a while? An invitation had been carefully worded and printed, mailed to the office of the Avalonia Broadcasting System, a subsidiary of the Camden Media Group. Its recipient? Ms. Finn-Camden. Once opened, the page would unfold to an official First Order letterhead, printed text detailing the offer of a media exclusive regarding the newest of First Order expansions. A full tour and interview in relation to Neritria, the underwater city established on the planet of Qeravert IV - not only would there be opportunity to take in the sights, sounds, and sneak peeks at the hard work put into the city itself but in small penned ink at the bottom a familiar name.

Signed, Col. Amsel, FIrst Order Stormtrooper Corps
Rolf looked just over his shoulder to the left, the wide eyed gaze of the woman beside him drawing up the corner of his lips. If Lydia hadn't found this assignment as exciting as her embed on Kaeshana, she did a great job at hiding it. Of course, throughout the tour and interviews the two would have to maintain some air of professionalism Rolf savored the few minutes they had before they hit the flight deck. Every now and then he'd point out a particularly colorful collection of corals or fish swimming by, or a specific set of spires or constructs that caught his eye. Now that they were close to arriving the sheer size of the place eclipsed them, spires rising high above them, lit tubes connecting each cluster of buildings.

"Sure is something, isn't it?" he said to Lydia, with a quiet sigh
[member="Lydia Finn-Camden"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom