Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyday Apotheosis (group training, open to Fringe and allies)

Sieb Tevv

S
Octavian took a step back, eyes wide as the peasant brandished a knife.

"What're you doing?"

[member="IC-6736"]

[member="Seren Ordavo"] [member="IC-6736"]

"What has gotten into you? I NEVER trip." She stumbled as she walked away from the stormtrooper and quickly righted herself, heels taking her across the arena to the unknown subject. Heat flushed to her cheeks but she didn't look back.

Sometimes she just wanted to be alone with that man and...

Unfortunately, she missed his entire exchange with that little force punk.

She stopped to the side of the freezer guy. Mister Freeze? No, that name was already taken. She gripped the cotton swab tighter in her surprisingly well-manicured fingers. FOR SCIENCE.

"Excuse me?" She approached Seren. "Sir? I'm a scientist for The Hand and you fascinate me. Could I get a saliva sample from this swab." She held it toward him cautiously but boldly.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
People, it seemed, were having too much fun. She no longer had their attention. Her fault, for training an Apprentice crew. It really had been a while.

Suddenly,

BATTLE DROIDS.

Bottom-of-the-barrel antique B-1 units and Super Battle Droids, but lots of them. Battle droids, battle droids, battle droids. All their blasters were set to stun, but contrary to popular belief, stun shots worked just fine against Forcers. Even Masters.

They'd been programmed to ignore her and to ignore Seren Ordavo, who would continue generating the intense cold, if that blonde didn't get to him first.

tumblr_mz2hr3LOYU1qibhi9o1_500.gif
Battle droids, battle droids, battle droids. And all those armorless targets.​
[member="Harley"] [member="Ava Solborne"] [member="Vildras Ferc"] [member="Nui Akona"] [member="Vrag"] [member="Bourne Cavanagh"] [member="Darth Vornskr"] [member="Ibaris Varanin-Jacobs"] [member="Reverance"] [member="Chupa La'Roi"] [member="IC-6736"] [member="Felicity Simmons"] [member="Octavian di Marzullo"]​

[member="Felicity Simmons"] got the kind of twice-over that Seren specialized in after sixteen years in Hellgotha prison. Women there didn't really believe in grooming. Or hygiene.

"Lady," he growled huskily, ignoring the joker who was imitating his movements, "you can have that sample any way you want."

The intense, bitter cold he was generating retreated from around the blonde, and got significantly nastier everywhere else in the arena. Dozens, hundreds of battle droids with stun guns poured in.

"Better cozy up."

Ava Solborne

A
Battle droids.

A piece of metal can withstand the power of fire.

Now Ava was screwed. First the hotness, then getting shot, the cold. Finally these droids whose shots were all around the place and the only thing the girl had for protection was the lightsaber. She couldn't use tapas and fight against the blasts at the same time. Her staying her was nearly suicide. But that's all she could do.

But even metal can't resist the power of fire forever.

Ava had to concentrate. She would have to lessen the workload of tapas and use the remaining part of her to fight against the droids. Whether she could destroy a few of them or not, she had to protect herself from the blasts, and like she had heard, sabers were pretty useful at reflecting these shots.

[ Ugh, there are so many of you in this thread, so I'll just not tag anybody at all. ]​

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
Seriously?

The sudden onslaught of droids appeared as if from nowhere, raining countless bolts on all the exposed bodies in the arena. Vrag was decent with a lightsaber, but her preferred style was Makashi, a form that performed notoriously poorly when it come to deflecting shots. The red blade danced in the air before her face as she tried — and failed — to stop their relentless fire.

"Kark," she hissed out between her teeth as the stun laser grazed her side. The polymers of her clothing sizzled and gave way, leaving an unpleasant sting on her skin. This simply wouldn't do, the Sith concluded and strained her lethargic muscles to wake up in spite of the cold biting into her flesh. It took a lot of effort and a lucky shot that hit the ground between her legs, giving away just enough warmth that her cooled metal bots managed to tear away from the icy surface.

The firrerreo stumbled forward like a drunkard, her knuckles white from the strength of her grip as she advanced on the group of droids that was using her for target practice. She exhaled sharply when another bolt burned through her shirt, eating into her shoulder this time. It was fortunate that the droids were as old as they were; if their aiming algorithms weren't this deteriorated, she'd been convulsing on the floor by now.

[ [member="Ava Solborne"] | [member="Seren Ordavo"] | [member="Ashin Varanin"] |[member="Felicity Simmons"] | Tagging the recent ones ]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
You know sometimes I am amazed at the proficiency shown by the youngsters. Ain’t kidding here, it took me a while to finally be able to sorta regulate my body temperature in any sensible way. Dangerous stuff, Tapas. Gotta understand, the body ain’t some kind of meter you can simply up or lower whenever you damn well please, there are consequences.

Too high and your enzymes start to denature, too low? And they will simply stop functioning altogether. So ya gotta find that sweet spot and let me tell ya, that balance ain’t that easy to find. We are talking here about decimals in temperatures you are switching around to fit.

Anyway, I managed to do it after what feels like ages. Moment I get it, Varanin decides to go around with a new lesson. Pain lessons, getting blasted by blasters to numb your body to the sensation and pain - good lesson, everyone should know how it feels. Makes it less likely you freeze in mid battle. Thankfully that was the one thing I could already do, my own little speciality, so I kept focusing on Tapas, try and fine regulate my temperature more, until I wasn’t sweating like a… a… okay, I am not the best with metaphors. You get what I mean though.

Moments later (at least that’s how it felt) we again switched it up with Seren dropping an ice bomb on top of us. Had to scramble to get my temperature back to a reasonable degree, that was the entire danger of it - if ya make it too low and suddenly someone drops ya with some cryo? You are fethed if you don’t pay attention.

This was really the reverse of what I was doing, so I upped it, just a little bit.

Trying to get it back to that sweet spot.

...and then the droids started attacking, only reason I didn’t get fethed immediately was because I had been sitting in the corner, quietly and focusing on the training.

[member="Ashin Varanin"] l [member="Ava Solborne"] I [member="Felicity Simmons"]

Harley body was freezing, as her clothes had started to harden with frozen sweat. Then cold got worse, but tapas was just about keeping her warm, but only just. Then the droids were sent in, she wonder if this was not actually a trial, but means of killing acolytes for their own amusment. She stood ready, trying to keep warm in her frozen clothes. Then came in the shots, she jumped behind the big woman called [member="Vrag"]. So she could use her as cover, then throw one her sabers towards the ice man, and that woman chatting him up. With any luck she might distract him or kill him, so she could concentrate on the droids. As she was not sure if she could handle this many. As her lightsaber left her hand the first shots came in, and she began to block, she was scared and that fear was making her faster. Though the question was, how long could she keep this up......

[member="Seren Ordavo"]

She wasn't so chilled under that lab coat anymore. Wait, was the subject flirting with her? The droids were enough to help the scientist get over her lack of emotional intelligence and walk her black high-heeled shoes that much quicker.

A stun shot kicked up the dirt where her heel just vacated and she stumbled into Seren.

"Oh my." She adjusted the go-comm cam on her blond-head. Footage for later. SCIENCE. "Felicity Simmons," she spoke with the same amount of confidence as an Agent Carter in the Star Wars universe. She brandished the cotton swab in front of his mouth. "Lick, spit, or open wide."

A beat in the middle of chaos and unorthodox requests.

"So...what approximate timeline and phases have you gone through to be able to...do what you do?"

@Harley
[member="Felicity Simmons"]

"Lick."

He matched his choice with action.

"Phases? Well, about forty-five years ago, I figured out how to do this."

His left hand lashed out just as Harley chucked her lightsabre. The blade smashed into the lanvarok's front end, a metal ridge just above his knuckles. 'Metal' was such a bland term for cortosis weave. The sabre's blade vanished, and he snagged the sabre out of the air in time to bat a couple of stray bolts away from the blonde. For good measure, he redirected the next few in the direction of the harlequin chick who'd thrown the sabre in the first place. He was strongly tempted to give her the ice cube treatment, but for now he was content to keep up the deep freeze, even though it was taxing and then some.

"Then about twenty years ago I learned to swashbuckle."

[member="Seren Ordavo"] [member="Harley"] [member="IC-6736"]

Her focus remained on the subject. Flying lightsabers and droid stun-shots were conveniently tuned out. If she were to tune them in again, she may end up barfing over a certain trooper's shoulder from shock.

She safely pocketed the sample inside a very sturdy-container.

She remained uncomfortably close to the subject, aware of the radius of safety he provided. Safety was relative. Fingers came up to adjust the black-rimmed glasses on her face. She took out a datapad and seemed to be typing-up notes.

"Oh, so that would put you at about...forty-nine, no, fifty-one standard-years? Have you been involved in any sexual relationships within the past seventy-two weeks?"

Sieb Tevv

S
"What in the blazes do you think you're doing!"

Octavian's shrill tones were cut short by a flood of battle droids and a subsequent overwhelming volley of firepower.

Two blue bolts pinged off his armor.

The third snapped his head back. Just a stun bolt, so he would be fine.

He pitched forward into the sand and lay there convulsing, blood pouring out of his nostrils. Freak brain aneurysm. The consequence of poor genetics and a stun bolt to the face.

Octavian di Marzullo died there, in the sand, overlooked and forgotten in the chaos.

death.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom