Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Everybody Was Using Lightning, hu-ha! (SJO)

I thought long and hard about teaching a class here at the Silver Rest. Ever since I defeated that Sith Spirit who took over my body, I wondered if the Sith powers could be used for good. Pacing by myself in there, I reflected over that time in my life. One of my now favorite abilities, force lightning, was a Sith power. But when used correctly, it is very powerful for the Jedi as well. That, combined with Speed abilities, are what I'm going to teach today.

Not being that old of a Knight myself, I wondered what the Padawans would think of me.

"Why is a sixteen year old teaching us?"

Mimicking a child 's voice, I then stopped and laughed. These were the next generation of the Silver Jedi. They should be able to be taught by anyone. Besides, if they learn nothing, then I killed a couple of hours of my day interacting with Padawans. So be it.

The metal doors hissed open. Turning from the window, I see the first person walk it. Walking toward them, I began to introduce myself.

"Hello, I am Okkeus. I'm am teaching the class today. What is your name?"

Last edited:
Once more, Beltran found himself wandering the training halls of the Silver Rest looking for a chance to learn something new. He wasn't a Jedi Padawan exactly... He hadn't submitted himself for formal introduction into the Silver Order and hadn't been placed under a Master's tutelage, which he understood is how these things were generally done. What basics he'd learned thus far, he'd picked up by studying his father's holocron and sitting in on various classes as they were taught here at the Silver Jedi's temple.

For the most part, Beltran's presence had been allowed by the various Jedi who taught here and nobody had questioned him, though he often got strange looks when he-a muscular and powerfully built special forces operator who was covered in scars, cybernetic implants and tattoos-would join a class generally filled with teenagers. He also didn't conform to the Jedi's wardrobe, preferring his Antarian Ranger BDU's so robes.

As he rounded a corner, he glanced down at his datapad to make sure he was walking in the right direction. The word was someone was teaching a class on using the force to enhance one's speed. Also there was something about lightning?

Beltran didn't exactly understand all of the nomenclature that revolved around the different ways one could channel the Force, but the thought of lightning reminded him of the battle on Kintan, when he and his men had faced off against the Sith Emperor on the walls of Fortress Kh'aris. That being had used something like lightning to halt their charge and kill several of Beltran's men as if it were nothing. If he could learn to use such a power...or even how to effectively counter it, that would be invaluable.

As he arrived at the designated room, he entered and found a young teenager standing in front of him. "Jedi...Dainlei, is it?" He said to Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei , only slowing his words for a brief second due to his surprise before putting on his soldier's professionalism. "I believe you were in Jedi Siegfried's class on peace? I hope you don't mind, I was hoping to sit in on this class as well. I'm Lieutenant Beltran Rarr. I'm an Antarian Ranger, on leave at the moment, attached with the 5th Special Operations group."

Beltran didn't really offer much more of an explanation for his presence. He simply waited at something resembling parade rest for the young Jedi's response.

“Why yes, I was in Jedi Siegfried’s class. And no, I don’t mind if you come join the class. Anyone is welcome.”

Looking upon Beltran, I could tell he was not a normal Jedi. He had more battle scars than the normal peacekeeper. Nevermind, we all have scars from our past.

“We will wait for a few more students to show up, then we can start the class. But for now, I can give you a quick rundown of what is going to be taught today.”

I motioned for Beltran to walk with me, and he did. We slowly headed toward the windows.

“Even though the force is connected to the light and dark, AND neutral, the abilities can we used for any side. For example...”

Lightning sparked from my fingers, striking onto the windows and up to the ceiling. Beltran looked a little shocked, but I could tell he had seen it before.

“Force lighting. A fascinating ability. Or another skill: speed.”

As we reached the window, a sprang off of it into a 180. From there, I reached the other side of the room in seconds. You could still see the wind rushing off of Beltran’s clothes. Sprinting back, I stopped before him.

“Force speed, or force agility. A wonderful skill to have.”

I stood there, a smile scored my face. Listening for what Beltran would say.

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

Last edited:
Beltran followed along, about a half step behind and to the left of Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei . As the younger Jedi spoke about the nature of the powers of the Force, Beltran nodded. The Lorrdian watched quietly as the young man demonstrated the use of lightning, his mind flashing back to his encounter with Carnifex on Kintan. He could feel the crackle of the electric intensity as the bolts shot upward and out away from his fingers. Taking a moment to center himself, Beltran exhaled slowly as his father's ghost had instructed him. After a moment, he found that he could feel the power of it within him.

He continued to listen as the other man spoke. The Lorrdian could tell from Jedi Dainlei's intonations, along with his body language, that he was building up to something but it was through the Force that Beltran felt the young man build up the energy for his next feat. When he took off, Beltran followed him with his eyes-not so much seeing as feeling where the younger man was in those split seconds. It was a very strange sensation, but one that Beltran found he liked.

When the teenager had returned to his starting place, Beltran nodded. "Very impressive," He told Okkeus. "I felt a build up of energy before you moved, is that how you accomplished such speed? Building up the energy of the Force around you and then releasing it through yourself?"

OBJECTIVE - A Shocking Development!

Where: Silver Rest
Why: Lightning things... and speed!
Wearing/Wielding: Fate & Robes
When: Class-Time
With: Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

As Aurelion walked through the halls of the Silver Rest he had heard talk about a slightly controversial class, to say the least, being taught by one Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei about Force Lightning and Force Speed. While many had no qualms with the application of Force Speed it was the other ability Okkeus sought to teach Aurelion had heard some grumblings about. Aurelion, meanwhile, was rather curious on the subject. An ability that could incapacitate threatening individuals would have been more than useful during his time on Tatooine so he was intent on learning to harness this ability himself. He did not want to be that kind of helpless again.

As Aurelion felt the somewhat familiar presence of Okkeus from their class together with Master Barrien he found himself turning into the classroom where only two people were present. He supposed maybe the stigma surrounding trying to learn Force Lightning had dissuaded quite a few people after all. Aurelion checked the small pack of food his Mom had made for him before walking over toward the two of them, pausing as he saw Okkeus conjure Force Lightning and gasped softly. It was... strangely beautiful he decided. Though maybe the adage of calling it 'lightning in a bottle' was a little too on the nose nevertheless Aurelion found himself staring.

When Okkeus began to use Force Speed Aurelion found himself not traditionally following Okkeus with his eyes, but rather sensing his movements, not realizing until after Okkeus was done that he had been watching a mere second ahead of where Okkeus was going to move before he had done so. This made Aurelion blink and rub his eye, thinking maybe he was still a little unsteady from everything he had been through lately but.... regardless.... he soldiered on over to, well, the actual soldier and smiled up at the man. Giving a small bow to them both as he listened to Beltran posit on the application of the abilities.

“Well, that wasnn't actually all energy I was using, it was actually...”

Turning, I saw another Jedi standing there. He looked younger than me, but not by much.

“Hello, my name is Okkeus. I was just explaining to Beltran how I accomplished the speed I did.”

The young Jedi replied, and I continued with my explanation.

“If any other people want to come and join in on the class, I can catch them up. But for now, we will start.”

Motioning for them to spread apart, the electricity sparked from my hands.

“Lightning. A force ability that was only used by the Sith for many centuries. But now, some Jedi have mastered it as well. Even though it isn’t actually lightning...”

Squatting down, I sprang off of the floor, touching the ceiling. From there, I ran upside down. There eyes followed me as I moved. Jumping to the wall, I lept back onto the floor in front of them.

“...but static electricity. Have either of you taken a balloon and rubbed it against your head? Remember how it sticks? Well, that is how I accomplish the abilities. Running upside down and on walls is just me conducting the electricity throughout my body onto my feet as I ‘stick’ to the walls.”

I stopped for a second, letting them take in what I said.

“But when I shoot lighting from my hands, I am just reversing the static effect. Almost if the balloon is repelling from your head, not sticking.”

Standing there, I waited for what they would say.

Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

Last edited:
Beltran watched quietly as the young Jedi run over the ceiling and walls, pondering his response. It seemed such a simple explanation for something that seemed like magic, but it made perfect sense. After all, the universe was just made up of particles that bonded and unbonded in various ways, like the electrons that Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei was manipulating.

As the teen aged Jedi came to stand before him, and the new addition to their group ( Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova ) Beltran regarded their teacher evenly.

"Interesting," He said. "Let's give it a try."

Closing his eyes, Beltran worked to center himself. He controlled his breathing using a technique that the Antarian Rangers learned for controlling the side effects of excessive adrenaline excretion, something that happened quite frequently in combat. On top of that, he calmed his mind using the methods his father's holocron had taught him and incorporating the methods that he'd learned from Jedi Siegfried.

Once he was centered, Beltran allowed his senses to expand. He thought he could feel the residual charge left over from Jedi Dainlei's demonstrations and he concentrated on that. Then he visualized bringing those stray electrons toward himself. At first nothing happened, so he continued to breathe. Things happened in their own time, he was learning, and some things could not be forced.

Slowly, by his perception of time, he felt one and then two and three, then a dozen and perhaps hundreds of little electrons moving toward his hand. His skin tingled and it felt like his arm hair was standing on end. Slowly he opened his eyes and with a deep exhalation, he released the imagined electricity.

Once again, nothing happened immediately, but Beltran fought sense of frustration building inside of him. Then, a single spark leapt from his index finger travelling into the wall nearest to him. It was a tiny thing, barely visible, but Beltran was reasonably certain that it had in fact existed. Looking up, he met Okkeus' eyes, looking to see from the Jedi's expression whether he had also seen the spark.

OBJECTIVE - Learn and Achieve

Why: To learn!

Aurelion blinked and tilted his head curiously as he listened to Okkeus' explanation of his application of the techniques. It sounded.... weird to Aurelion but it made it's own sort of sense. He was no expert in the Force, far from it, so he was more than happy to learn however Okkeus sought to teach him. When Beltrain intoned that he would be giving it a try Aurelion nodded and scampered off to the side, sat down, and placed his lunch in his lap as he watched him with a wide, curious eye. Even Aurelion could sense the swirling, reacting Force to Beltran's command, could see the power and centering he commanded unto himself and the Padawan was impressed and delighted to see him succeeding!

As Beltran released a definitely-did-exist spark from his fingertips Aurelion nodded happily at the man, before standing up and giving a sheepish shrug. "Well umm.... I guess it's my turn?" Aurelion drew in a breathe and, much the same as Beltran, centered himself as best he could as they had all three just worked on centering themselves in their previous class. His single eye closed, his perception with the Force expanding outward, drawing in energy to himself before he opened his eye and slowly extended his hands. His heartbeat growing louder in his ears as he pressed his palms together, attempting to gather the energy between them to release.

As Aurelion drew his hands apart sparks and jolts of energy leapt from palm to palm, discharging and arcing chaotically between his hands, but Aurelion was FAR from happy. In fact he was shocked, worried even, as the energy between his hands grew to a steady web of criss-crossing bolts of lightning. The energy between his hands quickly growing to the point his arms shook and he grit his teeth and, despite his obvious struggle to control the energy he had now conjured forth that was still not what worried the young Padawan. The singular, distressing and frightening aspect making his eye widen and his mouth feel dry was, simply, the color of the lightning that leapt between his palms.... it was RED.

Latent Talent Discovered!
Energy Manipulation

As Aurelion desperately extended his hands to channel the lightning forward his age-old problem resurfaced once again. His own connection to the Force lashing back at him as a bolt of lightning struck the wall, destroying a fist-sized section of the pillar he had aimed at, while simultaneously shocking Aurelion himself hard enough to send him flying backwards, landing on his back with an audible 'THUD' and coughing in pain as he squirmed. Mumbling groggily as, his robes having protected him from the more serious damage, a smoking scorched spot was left on the chest of his clothing. "Owww....."

Looking over at Beltran I could see the spark flicker between his fingers. He looked up at me, as if to say 'did you see that?' Nodding my head, I helped explained what he could do next.

"Very good Beltran. Now focus that energy so you can generate a steady electrical current between your hands. Remember: you aren't trying to create lighting, but rather letting the lightning flow throughout your body."

Beltran nodded his head then looked back down at his hands. With much concentration, he continued to create the small bolts between his fingers. The slight sizzle and crackle could be faintly heard. Looking over at Aurelion, I could see he wanted a try. Waving my hand in front of him in a 'go ahead' motion, he began to create the electricity. But, the lighting quickly grew. I could sense the Padawan was struggling.

"Don't try to create it, but let if flow through you."

I don't think he heard me. The blue electricity began to darken into a almost blood red. Aurelion had created a ball of electricity with small bolts shooting off in all directions. Motioning for Beltran to get back, I tried stepping toward the young Padawan. But before o could, a large red bolt shot from his hands, all of the electricity dispersing. My head whipped toward the direcation of the bolt as it crashed into a pillar. Turning back, Beltran and I quickly ran over to Aurelion. He layer there on the floor, a scorch mark in his robe.

"Owww."

Extending my hand. I lifted Aurelion off of the floor. Once he regained his balance, I explained to him what happened.

"Now that, is what is called 'Sith Lightning'. Now, I'm noting saying by doing that you were turning to the dark side of the force. But Sith build up energy like that, allowing them to shooting it out in powerful bolts. What I'm trying to teach you is how to shoot out controlled, stable bolts. The red coloring was caused by the buildup of energy as it was waiting to be dispersed."

Taking a step back, there heads followed me as I spread my hands apart. The lighting began to appear in my hands.

"Watch closely."

My fingers waved back and forth as the blue electricity appeared in my hands. It danced between my fingers with a light hum.

"Both of you raise your hands like mind. I want you to imagine a circle running through your body. The circle starts in our left hand. Create the lightning there. Now, the circle runs along into your heart. Each beat of your heart should represent a new bolt being formed. From there, the circle goes along into your right hand. After that, repeat the process."

Stopping the flow between my hands, I watched as the two began to attempt the electricity-circle tactic.

Last edited:
Beltran tilted his head as he watched Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova fire off a powerful array of crimson energy bolts. He had felt the build-up of energy that preceded the young Jedi's display. The power behind it, the rawness of it, had drawn the Lorrdian away from his own burgeoning understanding of the skill. Thinking on the concept that he was not creating the lightning, but instead just acting as a conduit for it had been helpful in regulating the power.

As Aurelion was flung back and onto the floor, Beltran moved quickly with Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei to where the younger boy lay. With practiced discipline, he knelt down and examined the padawan. His breathing was regular, perhaps a little elevated but that wasn't to be unexpected. Gently, the Lorrdian took hold of Aurelion's wrist and felt his radial pulse.

"Electrical shocks can sometimes disrupt the heart's natural rhythm," He told the young man, by way of explanation. As he felt, he quickly counted off the heartbeats in his head but paid particular attention to the regularity of the rhythm. "A little fast, but steady. I don't think you've done any damage there." Next he took a look at the scorched hole of the padawan's robe and the skin underneath. "A minor burn, but nothing too serious. Probably wouldn't hurt to get checked out after this and get a dressing put on that. You don't want it to get infected."

It might have seemed strange that a soldier like Beltran knew so much about medicine, but when one operated at the level that Beltran did one was always training. Operators like himself and Icarus Platoon often found themselves having to operate behind enemy lines for extended periods of time without support. As such, Beltran had insisted that every member of the unit-himself included-become a certified medic.

With that, he offered his hand to Aurelion and pulled the boy up with ease. He then turned his attention back to Jedi Dainlei as he explained what had happened. "Interesting." He offered, considering the young Jedi Knight's words and how they meshed with what he'd felt during Aurelion's buildup.

He then watched as Jedi Dainlei created a kind of electrical circle by starting the lightning from one hand and moving it through his body to the other. Mimicking the Jedi's movements, Beltran closed his eyes and focused. Like any other skill, focusing the Force-he was learning-became easier the more you did it. This time, he was able to exert more control over the lightning as he moved it from his left hand, through his body and to his right hand, completing the circle. He managed to keep the circle going for nearly a minute before he lost focus and with it the lightning dissipated.

OBJECTIVE - A shocking development

Why: Lightning goes brrr

Aurelion was still dealing with the...... effects of zapping himself, namely the pain and the slightly numb feeling that sizzled over his chest, as Okkeus began to explain what happened. Thankfully his robes had blunted the crimson bolt's effects but even so the pain was something Aurelion would never forget. He coughed, groaned, and as Beltran inspected him Aurelion nodded softly, having a rough time of simply sitting up. He frowned lightly, rubbed his sternum, and drooped his ears.

He glanced to Beltran and nodded a small thanks, coughed once again, and watched the two of them as they demonstrated. Though Aurelion was incredibly thankful for the lesson what Okkeus had described did not sound like what he felt. Rather what Aurelion had felt was that the energy he had gathered had been too eager to answer his call, he had EXPECTED more resistance and difficulty conjuring forth the lightning but instead of turning on a faucet and getting a steady flow. He had turned on a faucet and gotten a waterfall.

Keeping this in mind Aurelion stood and, after seeing Beltran successfully copy the technique, decided to try again. Though this time when hr reached for the energy he used a feather light touch, and got results that made his eye widened. The energy was all too eager to spring to his fingertips and surging through his small frame, though it still occasionally jolted him Aurelion could handle this. He smiled, just a little, before dropping his hands and scampering over to the lunch Taozi had packed him.

Picking up his lunch Aurelion began to munch on a sandwich before glancing in the bag "Oh.... gusher snacks!" He exclaimed happily, before blinking as he saw there was an extra pack in the bag. He hummed, glanced to Beltran, and offered the large man a single pack of gummy gusher snacks. Aurelion's ears wiggling happily as he gave a small smile. "Here ya go.... if you want I-I mean...."

I watched as both Beltran and Aurelion made the electricity flow from their hands. Beltran had kept a good flow for a solid minute. I could tell he was picking up on the ability fast. Aurelion on the other hand still was producing strong bolts. Maybe he was trying to pushes out the electricity instead of letting it flow.

"I think this is a good time for a break. You two relax for a couple of minutes. Aurelion, I saw that you packed some food. That will help replenish your energy. After that we can move onto speed."

Aurelion happily went over to his food. He had offered Beltran part of his food. I turned to the wall, not seeing if Beltran accepted or not. Walking toward the windows I reflected my teaching. It felt very strange teaching two people older than myself. Just want to help other Jedi learn these skills, but maybe it was a way for me to cope with my past? Who knows, I have already been through way more than any sixteen year old should have dealt with. Running my hands through my hair I created some electricity. Bringing my hands upwards I watched the reflection as my hair rose. Stopping the flow my hair slowly fell down. I smiled.

Turning back to the two of them I saw that they were about done. Walking back over I thought about how I should start them out with Force Speed.

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

Beltran wasn't a man who was prone to smiling, but as the young Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova offered him a small bag of gusher candies the Lorrdian couldn't help but give the little guy a grin as he accepted. The boy was so earnest, innocent even, that it was hard to keep up his stern mask of stoicism.

"Thank you, Aurelion." He replied, taking care to use the boy's name rather than calling him kid or something of the like. The last thing Beltran wanted to do is seem like he was being dismissive of him. He then took a piece of the candy, he popped it in his mouth and began to chew. Beltran wasn't generally into sweets, but this was a nice treat.

He would eat another before looking up to Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei who had made his way over. Holding out the open pack of gushers to the teenaged Jedi, he spoke. "Want a couple?" Beltran said easily. "They're pretty good."

OBJECTIVE - Nom nom nom......

Where:Silver Rest
Why: Training

As Aurelion munched on the sandwich Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan made for him he smiled softly as Beltran accepted the pack of gummies. He nodded in response as Beltran thanked him, munching down on the sandwich once again before finishing the sandwich, opening the lunch bag and removing a bottle of water and drinking it before he opened his own bag of gummies. As Okkeus approached Aurelion looked up at him, eye wide as he blinked curiously, idly nibbling on some of the gummies as he glanced between Okkeus and Beltran.

Deciding that Okkeus was likely wanting to continue the lesson Aurelion packed his lunch away again, set the bag aside, and stood up. Brushing himself off and sighing as he idly attempted to clean and make the scorched hole in his robes less..... terrible looking. Quickly realizing the futility of this Aurelion's ears drooped slightly as he moved up to stand beside Beltran. Ears twitching attentively as he watched Okkeus. He had been able to sense Okkeus utilizing Force Speed before and Aurelion could definitely see the usefulness in such an ability.

Giving Okkeus a nod Aurelion would state simply "I'm ready to continue."

"Thank you Beltran."

Okkeus took a couple gummies from the man. He wasn't wrong, they were really good. Once he had finished with the last gummy, he wiped his face with the back of his hand. Once both men were ready to continue, Okkeus was then ready to start teaching. Taking quite a few steps away from them, he began to speak.

"Force speed. This is an ability than can be used very effectively in a variety of situations. Not just for increasing one's speed. Sure, it is always fun to quickly move from here..."

He sped to the other side of the room in a blink of an eye. Then he ran right back to the center.

"...to there. But just think: what other ways can I use this. One simple way to use this is hand-to-hand combat."

In a flurry of a motion his hands punched the air. Chopping, punching, and kicking, he was a blur of motion. He wasn't even sure the men could see what he was doing. Stopping, he explained the first practice method, Waving his hand for them to follow, he went to the back of the room, he started his instructions.

"We will only have one of you go right now, then the next one. I want you to start in a running position. From there, use the static teaching I showed you in your arms. But now, for your legs. Imagine a current running through your heart and both of your legs. You should slowly feel the energy building. Then I want you to jog to the other wall. It is important that you jog. Through this, you should feel yourself going from a jog to a sprint, just using the force. Now, which one of you would like to start?"

Realizing he said a lot at once, Okkeus kinda laughed. Maybe he was using force speed on his mouth and brain.

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

Beltran watched, his arms crossed and his expression interested as Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei demonstrated the use of Force Speed in hand to hand combat. He was impressed, both with the speed of the younger man's flurry, and also with the form of them.

"You've been well trained," He said of Jedi Dainlei's combat technique. Coming from a man with Beltran's war record, that was quite a compliment indeed. It would be interesting to see what the teen aged Jedi could achieve on the battlefield.

As Okkeus explained what he wanted the two to do, Beltran nodded. It seemed straightforward enough now that he had an idea of how to build up the static energy and release it. "I'll go," He said, nodding to Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova . "If that's alright with you."

As Jedi Dainlei has instructed, Beltran took a runner's start position. He closed his eyes and took several deep breaths, touching the Force and slowly building up in his arms. He used the Jedi's imagery and imagined a current flowing from those arms, through his heart and down into his legs. Then he began to jog.

For the first few steps, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Then, suddenly, he was moving far quicker than accounted for the signals he was giving his body. By the time he had made it half way to the other wall, he was moving faster than his best sprint. And yet, he felt no additional expenditure of energy. Then, before he could really understand what was happening, he was nearing the wall.

"Feth!" He exclaimed as he skidded to a halt, nearly running directly into the wall at full speed.

Turning, he looked back at the two younger Jedi on the other side of the room. "Sorry for cursing," He said, mostly to Aurelion.

Wearing: Warrior Garb

Constructing: Spinning Decoy (Green Core, Pink Aura Double Bladed Spinning Lightsaber)

Modifying: Decoy's Blade (Black Core, Green Aura lightsaber)

Current Configuration: Trainer (See Bio)

As Moya was mostly synthetic, this had the curious effect of making her not totally 'mesh' with an actual, natural crystal in her blade. She could wield one in an emergency. But it never fully became hers.

Since joining the SJO (She had little choice: She went where her pseudo-daughter went) Moya had been seeking a place where she could do the most tangible amount of good. Since being in the Silver Jedi was a new experience she was still working it out.

She decided it might be best to construct a new lightsaber to signify this. She had barrowed one of Laertia's synths while aboard The Gozanti Cruiser they had bought as a main strategic base of operations.(Laertia made synths of all types and colors, even the red ones to keep on storage)

She'd picked a strange one Laertia made, a green one with a frost-pink opaque tip. She could feel traces of her psuedo-daughter's presence in it, and green electricity flooded out of her palm, enveloping the crystal, bonding her to it in her quarters aboard the cruiser. Laertia was spending time in the bacta tank, recovering from the Bryn'adul's military invasion of Yurb. She slept peacefully, guarded by her new 'sister' a military grade android built by Nine Lives, disguised as a slender but athletic blond with long legs and golden skin.

Moya didn't want to admit it fully, but Westenra (or Melissa while with her sister) had picked a good deal of the workload in ship upkeep, easing burdens that had plagued both Laertia and Moya for years.

This had left her with more free time than normal, hence, taking the time to actually think about what she wanted when it came to a weapon.

She had taken from her combat schematics. It had taken an hour to find the parts she wanted.

The first bit was modifying her standard lightsaber. She had possessed it for as long as she had been in Laertia's service. It was a copy of her creator's saber, that of Moya De Lifte--now revealed to he the Light Side Sith Lord, Darth Themis.

Moya had been terribly shocked to learn this from Laertia but the more she thought about it, the more it made sense--how else had De Lifte come across Sith versions of Form 3 and 4 and uploaded them to her database?

What else had Themis programmed her with thst she did not know about.

The thought she might betray Laertia due to programming she wasn't aware of chilled her to her chassis hiding underneath easily damaged--and even more easily regrown--skin.

She was in her training configuration, a Togrutan with near crimson skin and the body of a champion female athlete, wearing form fitting gear the Jedi she cared for had made for her.

Moya slowly, patiently worked on her blade, her lasercutter and other tools adding a dual phase function, as well as a refined Phobium emitter. Moya had no intention of being subtle in future bladework.

Which led to her second blade.

She had always had the knowledge. But never a chance to employ it. That lack of chance was over, now.

The parts were not hard to acquire...so many people had tried to kill Laertia over the years she had spare lightsabers from defeated opponents lying around in fething cardboard boxes. She scavenged the choicest bits, knowing Laertia would not mind; so many had tried to kill her she had forgotten how she had acquired most of them.

Moya assembled the ringed emitter track, aligning it perfectly with the hilt, working on the clean modern workbench, none of the tools second hand like they were on The Blessing of Loste. But it wasn't as comfortable.

The Android finished the black hilt with ringed emitters and flashed it on, a green cored, pink aura lightsaber shooting out.

Satisfied, she shut off the blade, and headed to the TIE shuttle currently docked with the cruiser...

Twelve minutes later.

Moya entered the Silver Rest, drawing attention only in how little of a Force Presence she had. In order to understand Jedi, she had to walk and talk amongst them.

Her eyes widened as she spotted a notice--someone was teaching Force Lightning?! In a Jedi Temple?!

Moya raised an eyebrow. She had to see this for herself.

The Android herself possessed a lightning-like ability, but did not use The Darkness. She was fairly certain it would have been a major violation in the old days...but she decided to see anyway. She headed to the chamber where the lesson was being conducted, entering quietly and watching as the lessons were conducted, not saying a word.

Eventually though, she stepped forward.

"Excuse me..." she said quietly, and politely. "Force Lightning is indeed powerful...but from what I have encountered, its use is inherently dangerous, especially for Jedi. There are ways to produce similar effects with the Light Side. Not necessarily the same...but its use is far less dangerous to the Jedi's spirit..."

She of course, had been built by a fanatical heretic, but the point stood. Moya knew as Laertia did, due to constantly battling her own instincts, that any inch you gave the Darkness, a mile would inevitably follow.

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Last edited:
"Slow down Beltran!"

The man nearly ran full speed into the wall. Having a student get hurt during his first class wouldn't be good on the records. After the man said a quick curse, Okkeus laughed and talked with him.

"Hey, don't worry, I have heard way worse. But nice job with the ability! You really got the hang of it fast, no pun intended. Could you feel the energy flowing through your legs?"

Before Beltran could reply, he looked up and saw another person standing there. A female was walking toward him. How long had she been watching? A little weirded out by why she didn't say anything, he went over to talk.

"Excuse me...Force Lightning is indeed powerful...but from what I have encountered, its use is inherently dangerous, especially for Jedi. There are ways to produce similar effects with the Light Side. Not necessarily the same...but its use is far less dangerous to the Jedi's spirit..."

He listened as the girl talked about the dangers of force lightning. He know she didn't know his past, but being turned to the dark side of the force let him realize the dangers of some of these powers. Understanding that he was teaching force-static instead of lightning, the poster should have said that then. Whoops.

"Well, actually, I am teaching force-static: a power that can lead into force lighting. Should have put that on the poster. It was taken for the dark-side ability so now we are able to create 'light' lightning. Here, watch this."

Taking a couple of steps away from her, he waved his hand to signal Aurelion and Beltran to move. Turning back he began to spread his hand apart. Closing his eyes, he concentrated on the flow, the same one he taugh his students. Slowly lighting began to flow through his hands. Opening his eyes he showed the girl. He cut off the circuit and went back to talk.

"That was through force-static. Do you have another way of creating lightning? Oh...I'm Okkeus by the way."

Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Moya Virtu Moya Virtu

"Hello, Okkeus. My name is Moya..." Moya answered, bowing. She chuckled as he explained what hd actually been going on.

"I see, forgive my misinterpretation. I...have seen a great many horrors of the Dark as of recent. I still do possess what I believe is a less risky method. It is called Electric Judgement. Its specifically capable of stunning or killing Dark Adepts and stunning the rest who don't have the dark. Nearly useless against droids but that is what Force Static or Ionize is for. Here, let me show you..."

Moya held out her hands, and bright green electricity pulsed as a beam between her palms. It didn't have the crackle or hiss of Static or even Lightning...its hum was lower, cleaner sounding.

More importantly was how the Energy exuded the Light Side.

"Your method isn't bad, Okkeus. I just think it should be used very sparingly. I was...made to be wary of anything that might even risk the Darkness getting in. Unfortunately I do not have a Dark Jedi to properly demonstrate, but it is quite effective. Its saved my life more than once against Dark Side necromancers."

"It'll take a lot of concentration and focus. A very strong affinity for The Light as well. But it will massively expand your options in combat against Sith." she added truthfully to Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

“Thank you for showing me your ability Moya. I will have to practice that later. Also, you can come join us if you want. We are working on force speed.”

Giving a nod to the girl he turned back toward Beltran and Aurelion. The older man had done well with his first attempt, and somewhat surprised Okkeus at his ability to learn it so fast.

“Very nice job with your first attempt Beltran. When you started to slow down, it looked as though you put a lot of strength into stopping. To help with that, just reverse the move. So now instead of “sliding” fast across the ground, you are “sticking” to it to slow down.

Turning toward Aurelion, he motioned his hand toward the starting position. He wonder how he would do.

“Aurelion, if you would like, you can now make your attempt. Remember: let the energy flow through your legs as it did your arms.”

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Moya Virtu Moya Virtu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom