Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever Hear The One About the Pissed Commando and Inter-Galactic Arms Dealer? (Cade Lee)

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Noah was livid,oh he was more than livid,he was down right enraged! He had found out that Blas-Tech Industries had copied not one but both of his light repeater designs and had made over 500,000 credits selling both of them to the galactic public. Noah respected Blas-Tech Industries as both a great weapons company and as a fellow competitor in the galactic arms market,but this was one step to far. He was currently on Corellia having a heated exchange with a receptionist for @[member="Cade Lee "]about talking with him. "Mr.Corek,your going to have to make a appointment if you want to see Mr.Lee!" The woman nearly shouted. "AN APPOINTMENT!?!?!? THAT BASTARD STOLE ONE OF MY DESIGNS!" Noah yelled at the woman while slamming his fist on the table.

Lex-El

An Honest Man
Blas-Tech Headquarters
Corellia

It was rare the CEO for Blas-Tech made his way into the Protectorate, but it was mainly for appearances and upkeep of his office. Looking over the documents he needed to sign to further expand out in the Omega territories and help expedite shipping and production. Cade also was reviewing the feeds from the last incursion for the CIS, admiring how the weapons performed. Efficiency was key, and the "Plug N Fire" power cells could be seen swapping through the different guns that the company was offered now. "Good, make sure to take the data accrued and send it to research please? I need to check on the fire rate and how they handle under different conditions."

"Yes si-" The secretaries voice cut out as he heard a man screaming, and Cade turned a monitor on to outside his office. He could see a man, military, from the look of things. Whatever his issue was, it seemed to stem with Cade Lee the CEO. Fiddling with his ring, a spike of anger hit him, he left it be. Standing up, he adjusted his glasses and motioned for the two others in the office to come with him. His droid Mar, followed him along with the Fondorian bounty hunter he had hired to watch over him followed closely behind as well. @[member="Hannibal Oryen"] and Mar followed closely behind, Mar drawing his Ol'Reliable as the door opened and pointed it right at the man shouting while the businessman held point in the formation.

"Excuse me, what in the feth is going on here?"

@[member="Noah Corek"]

@[member="Noah Corek"] | @Cade Lee

Guard duty was oftentimes boring, but it paid a steady amount. Besides, now he could tell everyone that he had met the illustrious Cade Lee- God-tier Corporate Mogul of BlasTech. There was also the rare occassion wherein something fun happened. Like a crazed ex-military nutcase on a roid rage yelling at secretaries about stolen designs and appointments. Hannibal had thought Cade was just going to send either him or the droid out to deal with the disturbance. Most CEOs neglected to deal with these kinds of complaints head on. They usually preferred lawyers. So imagine Hannibal's surprise when the CEO didn't send them out, but led them out instead. That struck the Fondorian as a little dangerous, but he supposed being in the company of that scary looking droid gave a profound sense of security.

Likewise, Hannibal remained silent and leveled his own CC-13 blaster rifle at the interloper.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
@[member="Cade Lee "] @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]
Noah looked as the Droid and bounty hunter pulled their rifles on him and crossed his arms over his,he looked at the bounty hunter first. "I don't think the guildmaster would appreciate two of his hunters killing each other." Noah informed him as he then looked towards Lee. "But the reason I'm here is because you stole some of my design and I want reparations for the money my company has lost." Noah informed him,giving him a cold stone faced look.

@[member="Cade Lee "]| @[member="Noah Corek"]

"Ey, check your tone, Fabreezio." Hannibal snorted. "It'd be one of his hunters killing another. Specifically, me killing you, 'cause you're running around threatening civilian folk. That ain't cool. 'Specially when it's my job to go 'round protecting said civilian folk."

It was doubtful Hannibal would ever fully realize the mild-manner, bespectacled CEO he was protecting was actually a Sith Lord who could crush everything in a ten mile radius without much effort. Ignornace is bliss, as they say. It was also very doubtful that Corek could pull out a weapon of any kind before the illustrious team of Hannibal and Mar shot him no less than fifty-seven times. He ran the calculations. His calculations, anyway. The mercenary's cybernetic eyes poured over Corek, taking in every detail they could.

"Look at you. Whatssa matter, tough guy? You were wailin' like a banshee 'fore we came down here. Did I scare ya?"

Lex-El

An Honest Man
@[member="Noah Corek"] | @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Cade could only look on as the man's temperament changed from ranging bull to that of what seemed like someone with some class. The back-and-forth between he and Hannibal was humorous, if not a little bit macho for his more elegant tastes. If he didn't know any better, it seemed the two bounty hunters were having a pissing contest right in his waiting room. If I could only take this ring off, clear the room, and do what I really want. A calming breath was needed, and the quick exhale that was released was as good as it was going to get. Everyone was looking at him, and the assembled mess that had suddenly taken place. Normally one to stutter, he tried to look a little less clumsy at the moment. Turning to his secretary he spoke quickly. "Ar-are you alright? I want all of these guests ta-taken care of and I want you to get the droids in here to clean this mess u-up alright?" She nodded and went to work before he turned on the man who had come in claiming theft.

"You, follow me." He said, his voice no longer scared. "Close the doors when we get inside Mar."

Walking brusquely to his desk, he stood to his full height and let his shoulders relax back and suddenly he was much larger than he initially appeared. Mr. Lee took a seat at his massive desk and motioned for Mr. Corek to do the same. "So, tell me about these designs that you lost. If you haven't noticed, I recently took the company over from the last board of directors and I myself came up with all of the new weapons systems that have been implemented as well as fired the old production team and research department. So whatever you're claiming better have happened before then, or you will have made three mistakes today. The first was disrupting my place of business, the second was calling me a thief. Don't screw up again."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
@Cade Lee @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]
Noah followed the man into his office and sat in the chair. "First thing first,I'm sorry about the racket out there,I just needed to cause enough noise to gain your attention,second,I know that you weren't controlling the company when my designs were stolen,so I apoligize and three,if either one of them touch me,this is going to get messy." Noah informed him as he jerked his thumb over his shoulder to indicate the droid and bounty hunter. "Ok so here's my problem,a few months before you came into possession of Blas-Tech,I sent some designs to the board and asked if they had any openings for a weapons developer. They rejected my request and sent my designs back,but then a month later they come out with a design that seemed awfully similar to my design. You can see why I'm angry." Noah informed the man.

Lex-El

An Honest Man

"If you have proof, and will show me schematics with timestamps on them indicating you had original ownership of the property we are discussing. Then we can talk some numbers and how best to fix the situation." In the middle of his sentence, he leaned forward on his desk and started pulling up company information on weapons lines. His brow tightened as he saw several repeaters, and very light files on their research. On the "Woebringer" pistol there were over 2,000 hours of live ammo test footage to peruse though along with countless schematcis. The Tartoros mech itself had two servers alone dedicated to it's development process, and another of hidden information that would never been known to the public. For these guns that were in the company catalog to only have a few hours of research and no known design team, well it was very curious.

Curious to the point where Cade motioned for Mar to go guard the door and get away from the man seated there.

"Prove that these are yours, and I think we can solve this quickly. I'll just slap your company name on all future productions in conjunction with mine, as well as letting you produce it as well. What that entails is you will also receive the design fee in full with the signing bonus that would usually be received in one lump sum. I can also give your company a fifty-fifty split on these weapons that you claim were stolen if you can prove it. That's the only offer you will get from me though, and you need proof." One of his statements struck him as most curious though, and he chuckled while leaning back and looking over at his "guards."

"If you really think that a trillionaire who can literally buy whatever he wants, and I mean whatever I want, would only have two guards on him well...thank goodness you can design guns. Just because not all threats in this room aren't visible doesn't mean they aren't there, so please drop your threats. You are in my home, and I know how fast the droid at the door can fire, and that bounty hunter isn't just collecting a salary."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
@Cade Lee
Noah pulled at datapad out of his bag and activated them and slid them across the desk to Cade. "Mr.Lee,I admit,I like the way you operate." Noah informed the man as he leaned back in his chair and grinned. "You know my company is a subsidiary of Omega Star Corp,so if this is handle correctly and maybe a few shares in Blas-Tech are sent my way,I could make your company expanding into Protectorate territory a whole lot easier." Noah informed him.

Lex-El

An Honest Man

"Let me see that please good sir." The datapad was handed over, and Cade plugged it into his desk. There was no transfer of data, instead it was just a program to ensure what he was looking at was simply not falsified. Once the time stamps where proven to indeed be true, a hard exhale of air left his nostrils. Cade's were flaring, as he looked the specifications over. They were the exact same, except for the old logo of BlasTech industries that had been slapped on their in a crude attempt at masking what had happened. Had it been me, I would have killed all involved, oh wait. I did do that to the old board. The public story was that they had all gone on vacations or had died peacefully a few months later, the truth was far more sinister.

Just like with Mr. Lee.

"Ok, list the accounts you want the transfer of a few million credits sent to. I will do the transfer in here," and then his head whipped up at Noah's suggestion. "You do realize I am in the entire galaxy and am now expanding further than imagined. I already have a world in here that I work from. While I want expansion, I'm not just handing stock of a millienium old company for nothing in exchange when you are getting money from me. Now if you want to amend that offer to where I get something besides a vague promise, then I will gladly talk to you. I just need something more than vague promises for what I can offer."

Hannibal resumed his silence, following the duo back to the office and standing vigil at the CEO's side. Since the danger had long passed, Hannibal slung his rifle over his back again. He kept his arms folded, watching the meeting take place with scorn behind his mask. He couldn't imagine why Lee was humoring this guy. The CEO quite honestly had the Galaxy wrapped around his fingers. No one would pay attention to this clown under normal circumstances, and now here he was raking in millions of credits for weapons that were probably outdated. Hannibal couldn't much fathom the machinations of businessmen, seeing as he wasn't one. He simply remained quiet and still, fiddling with the dart caster on his left gauntlet.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
@Cade Lee
Noah smiled as he handed over his account info so the credits leaned back and stared a Cade. "Mr.Lee,my company is the official weapon design and manufacturing company of the Omega Star Corp and therefore the Omega Protectorate and Pyre. I'm unofficially the top weapons designer with the Protectorate,and even then,I only want like one or two percent stock,nothing that would hurt your fortune." Noah informed the man.

Lex-El

An Honest Man

"You sell the just the Protectorate, while I sell to the Protectorate and everyone else. The fact that you're asking for percentages of free stock that number in the hundreds of millions of credits, is laughable. You do realize just what I'm worth personally right? Or just how expensive this company I run is? There is a reason I'm literally in every nation in this galaxy in a major presence." Cade leaned back in his chair, and tried his hardest to keep a straight face over this whole conversation. Is he really trying to do this?

"First, you call me a bastard. Then you rightfully earn some money that the old board took from you, which I've outpaced their designs to be frank." He was raising fingers with each point he was making. "Then you try and tell me I can expand, when my company is older than the Protectorate itself. I've already got an established client base in this nation, and I have a factory district here already, and you're falling apart. I've heard the rumblings from other heads of state, your land is wanted and you're short on allies. I would know this because I supply them as well." Another finger rose up, and his friendly face was looking sharp suddenly as he kept on. "You've threatened my personal guard, and now you're trying to shake me down for an imaginary favor in exchange for literally hundreds of millions of credits. I'm not a mom and pop shop of rifles, and all you've managed to do is incense me. You might want to try a different angle, and given you're former military. I'm willing to give you one more shot."

Alright, Hannibal knew what Mr. Lee wanted now. "If you'll excuse me, Mr. Lee."

Hannibal gave a respectful nod to his current employer, removing himself from the CEO's side and moving to exit the office. He really didn't want to listen to Corek's bluster and fumbling any longer. The commando was not a particularly shrewd or wily businessman, clearly. If he was as good at haggling as he was commando work, then Hannibal could probably pick his teeth with this guy. But now was not the time to go picking fights with Protectorate personnel. He was going to have to wait for another opportunity to get his licks in.

Hannibal didn't acknowledge Corek as he exited the office, the door sliding shut behind him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom