Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Eternal Colloquy

giphy.gif

OBJECTIVE: Avoid the Invasion of Byss
TAG: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

wsL0bBY.png

Alone in his office deep within the Senate Building, Aerarii Tithe studied a string of numbers projected above his holoterminal and contemplated his next step.

Chancellor Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra had tasked him with finding a diplomatic means to head off what was suspected to be an invasion by the Eternal Empire. Fleet intelligence had detected a fleet of enemy vessels storming toward the borders of the Galactic Alliance, with Byss predicted to be their target.

The GA defence forces were being reorientated to face the new threat, but the Chancellor - and indeed the Senate at large - sought to avoid unnecessary bloodshed.

Tithe’s appointment to the role had come as a surprise. He was a somewhat junior Senator and had only begun to involve himself with the various Committees and working groups. Evidently, the Chancellor saw something she liked. Certainly, if direct diplomacy failed, he had the knowhow to bring to bear economic sanctions and policies which may hurt the Eternal Empire’s growing ambitions and keep them in check.

That, or she was banking on his past as a Sith-Imperial Moff. He’d get his hands dirty so the citizens of the GA could stay clean.

He began entering the commlink number into his holoterminal. The Empress Regent had given him her contact details after they had talked following the Chancellors inauguration. He doubted it was a direct line, but rather a means to bypass the layers of bureaucracy and security which stopped citizens being able to directly contact their elected or appointed rulers.

He leaned back in his chair as the call connected. This was a long shot, to say the least.

Lady Ingrid L’lerim-Ragal
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander
The Red Witch; The Night Queen, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
cYeIkbz.png
Attire: Polyweave Elegant dress | Soul || Empyrean gland
Tag: Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe
dRUm20K.png

The holonumber that Ingrid had given Tithe on Coruscant was relatively private. It was the number of her own castle, though even here the senator had to go through some bureaucratic things to connect her personal line, especially since she was already an Empress. Nevertheless, Tithe was out of luck now. The Empress stayed outside the house and did not bring a communication device with her, but her men promised the Senator that she would be called back to him, if they found her.

Once again, there was a multi-month war in which they also helped TSE against GA and NIO attacks, not to mention the woman’s appointment, her sisters and other female acquaintances took Ingrid to a place called the Club of Kings for fun, which they preferred it in Vengard because it did not have the Vex hand in it. It only belonged to the HPI. Here were her sisters, besides them Szelin, Eréna and Hyrsi, so they had a huge girly party. All this was eventually disturbed by Hyrsi's husband, General Elofon Rien, who came in person for the new Empress to tell her who wanted to talk to her.

Even before the whole evening, the woman received a romantic dinner as a gift from her husband, and then she even had a pleasant conversation with AMCO AMCO . When she could and their time allowed, she was happy to talk at length with her fiancé as well. But after that there was no escape, she was abducted. But everyone knew the job was first for her, so her men rushed for her immediately when the call came, although getting to the woman was not very easy due to the VIP section provided.

But as soon as she heard what was going on and what was the situation immediately went to the principal’s office. Since it was also an HPI building, so the Shadow Company secured the place, it was completely safe. So about an hour and a half later than the way Tithe originally called the woman, Ingrid called the man back. If the senator was still in his office and answered the call, the Empress greeted the man.

”Mr. Tithe, congratulations on your appointment as senator. I have heard that you want to talk to me on an urgent matter, which cannot wait until tomorrow. What would it be about?” she asked her usual cold and military voice.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

giphy.gif

wsL0bBY.png

The sound from his holoterminal signalling that a call was incoming startled Tithe. He jumped slightly in his chair, glad that none of his staffers had been present to see him. He closed the document he was working on and examined the holoterminal to see who was called.

The call was encrypted and looked to be bouncing via dozens of holonet relays to obscure the location of the caller. The Senator nodded. Only a few individuals in the galaxy had the means or the necessity to communicate in such a fashion. He had been starting to wonder if she was going to return his call.

“Eternal Empress,” he replied, offering a slight bow of the head in reverence. “Thank you for making time in your sedulous schedule. Your ascent to the throne far outweighs my appointment as a, ah, representative for the humble world of Aargau.”

He’d war-gamed the various ways the conversation could go from here, and each time, a direct approach had yielded the best results.

“We’ve detected what can only be described as an Eternal war fleet jostling toward our borders.” The EE’s military was highly sophisticated - if the Galactic Alliance had managed to detect the distant ships via their Watchtower early-warning system, the EE must also already know they had been detected. Even though the GA knew of their approach, the enemy ships still had plenty of tactical advantages to exploit.

“I had hoped we could canvass the matter, with a view of avoiding needless bloodshed on both sides.”

Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
The Red Witch; The Night Queen, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
cYeIkbz.png
dRUm20K.png

”I always have time for you, Mr. Tithe. While telling the truth, I was hoping you were looking for a business case and not officially. It may be a more powerful position, but at least no one had to die for your appointment. In better case.” She used a slightly friendlier emphasis in the direction of the man, rather than the completely cold, military one.

Of course, she knew since the moment why the man was looking for her when Elofon told her it was Tithe. The fact that the senator called her an Empress and thus reinforced the woman in her suspicions. The man finally got to the point right away. A very frosty and determined smile appeared on the woman's beautiful features. They didn’t really disguise that they were coming. That was a warning. But it could really have been anything else. It didn’t really bother them to be spotted, not at all.

She had no illusions, she knew that what she would ask in return for calling back her fleet, the Galactic Alliance would not do. But, of course, she had no intention of reinforcing the attack either. The smile disappeared from her lips and she looked up.

”If that were true, Mr. Tithe, I would not be able to confirm it. But let’s assume it’s true, although military exercises are much more likely. But if true, I would be able to call them back if your fleet, which is heading towards Felucia and Korriban, would turn back. The Fleet that is preparing to attack our allies on two planets within days.” She still used the slightly kinder emphasis, which might have been scary, as not many people could hear it when she wasn't just speaking in a cold, military voice.

Not only did GA have spies and intelligence, but the Eternal Empire and even Ingrid had an even more effective organization apart from them. So they knew, and of course she was connected with the highest circles of the Sith Empire. Still, she wondered what Mr. Tithe was going to say about it, because she knew they wouldn't withdraw their own armies anyway. The Empress waited a few moments.

”The key to a peaceful solution to the conflict is in your hands, Senator, the question of whether members of the Senate will live with it or reject it.” As she uttered the word "senator," at that moment her voice returned to the usual, cold, distant, military emphasis that characterized the woman so much.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

giphy.gif

wsL0bBY.png

After being initially caught off guard by the unannounced call, Tithe did his best to compose himself. “I, of course, can hardly comment on Alliance military matters, rumoured or otherwise,” he replied. That the Eternal Empire knew of the planned incursions to Felucia and Korriban, which had only just been authorised, was of note. Spies within the GA ranks were to be expected, but it was their efficiency that was striking. Tithe would make sure to alert the Strategic Intelligence Agency.

Ingrid’s response confirmed what Alliance strategists had suspected - that the attack of Byss was in retaliation to increased hostilities against the Sith Empire. With relationships between the New Imperial Order and the Alliance thawing, both governments had turned their attention to Tithe’s former employee. It sometimes made for uncomfortable debates and briefings, including questions about his past involvement.

“I’m glad you mentioned your, ah, allies to the north,” he added. “Yes, the Sith Empire. I wonder, Empress, is it wise to align yourself so closely with the Empire? The collapse of their southern border to the Bryn'adûl is second only to the rate at which the New Imperial Order claim their western fringe.” Both Aerarii and Ingrid had fought on the side of the Sith-Imperials during the Braxant Campaign and had witnessed the rapid collapse of Sith defences.

“The same Empire who I hear - to my astoundment - make war alongside the Jedi rather than against them. Strange bedfellows indeed. And if memory serves, your own government struck out at the Sith not too long ago and routed them utterly at PL-401. Certainly, the weakness of the Sith had long revelled itself to you - why put your the lives of your people at risk for them?”

Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
cYeIkbz.png
dRUm20K.png
Fortunately, Ingrid could count on two spy networks, one belonging to the Eternal Empire and the other, much more effective, their own. The intelligence of the Eternal Empire is not so old, by contrast, the Nite has been built for decades or centuries and has been there all over the galaxy. It’s full of people who just say and sell rumors, news, they don’t know for whom. And the red-haired woman loved to rely on Nite, so she could spy on the TSE to her own emperor without betraying either party and not really spying. She could enjoyed AMCO AMCO 's great company.

And Tithe reacted in a similar way as Ingrid, both were factual events, but neither of them could confirm it all. Even if they knew exactly how it was. It was the beauty and shadow of politics and intrigue.

"I totally understand this, Senator, you don't have to apologize!"

She answered politely. The sequel was not so surprising. Ingrid had previously voiced, when the two of them spoke on Coruscant, she respected the man for having the courage to desert, but she could not say it out loud in the midst of such a conversation. In fact, it had to be just the opposite, so it was time to get started, too.

"I may not have to talk about this with someone, Senator, who, at the first sign of a sinking ship, stabs someone in the back who he thinks is weak and, like a rat, is the first to flee from there to someone he thinks is strong. I’m wondering where your next stop will be during your career, not to mention that you know you only got a high rank to keep an eye on? This way, you can always be tracked by your new friends who don’t trust you. Do a little research if you don’t believe me. You know, you're pretty much like my late Emperor in this. You know I like you, but if I can give you some advice, don’t try to push the boundaries of it!"

She didn't know the man as he had a strong character, so she hoped that so many scares would be enough. As well as to arouse doubt in the man towards the Galactic Alliance. It never hurts if someone fears their own life from others and becomes paranoid. If someone can’t handle this well, sooner or later they will crash or make a mistake, maybe start making enemies everywhere and go crazy about it.

"But thank you for your warning and for being so worried about us. Then let me do the same, as apparently the entire Galaxy is starting to get tired of the NIO and their hunger for power, and pretty slowly everyone is turning against them. Maybe the GA should also think about where to put their loyalty. After all, it is not known who, after the Sith Empire, the NIO will turn against its hunger for power. The GA are in the middle of the Galaxy, I think you will be their next target. They had once betrayed their allies and their home. Someone who has done this once will do it again. History always repeats itself, Mr. Tithe."

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom