Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ESDF Army & Navy Officer uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
IiKXJWi.jpg
MRZHBKi.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To design the standard ESDF [Eriadu System Defense Force] Officer uniforms for both Army and Navy branches
  • Image Source: Original work [X]
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Non-combat Officer Uniform
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Kinetic: Very Low
    • Lightsabers: Very Low
    • Elemental: Very High
    • Other: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Heat & Energy dispersing mesh underlay of Carbonite and Ersteel 145 thread
    • as an additional note: this uniform does not possess any stealth capacity from the Ersteel 145 as it is not used for that purpose nor in large enough quantity.
STRENGTHS
  • Excellent energy resistance: By using a combination of light or somewhat light underlays to add better defense against blaster fire, the end result was a combination of standard armorweave and a mesh underlay consisting out of heat resistant carbonite and energy resistant Ersteel 145 thread, which all combined gives an excellent defense against energy based weaponry.
  • Excellent temperature protection: Due to the amount of temperature resistant materials used in its underlay and weaving, this uniform benefits greatly as a result and thus has an excellent protection against both heat and cold and makes it quite usuable in most weather conditions.
  • Very Light: As expected from an officer's uniform, it is supposed to be light and comfortable to wear, much unlike the standard soldier outfits which are usually heavier and have better overall protection.
WEAKNESSES
  • Very low protection against kinetic attacks: Without any significant padding, this uniform doesn't strictly have any real protection against kinetic based weaponry or other forms of kinetic attacks.
  • Very low protection against lightsabers: Given it is not exactly the first thing one expects an officer to be facing with, lightsaber protection has not been implemented to any degree.
DESCRIPTION
The standard issue officer's uniform designed for the Eriadu System Defense Forces was a cooperational effort between craftsmen from Erinar and Eriadu, figuring out the best, most useful and most practical defensive capabilities a uniform could have without having to sacrifice any of the expected comfort and mobility to which a person wearing the uniform would and should be accustomed. Eventually the current design was proposed and accepted into production by the enormous N&Z Umbrella Corporation, which would handle this outside of the usual assortment of companies in its range.

Last edited:
Credius Credius

Hey there, I am Vis and I will be reviewing this submission. Great job on this, and I have really only one concern before I go ahead to approve it. You have made this using Ersteel 145, and you have set the production levels to limited. Looking at your Ersteel submission, there is a very straightforward point made about its potential for stealth uses. Does that translate to these uniforms? I ask, because according to Factory Rules, all stealth items must be set to 'Semi-Unique' or 'Unique'.

So, if you intend for that stealth potential to carry over in this submission, you will have to adjust the ratings and production level to reflect that. However, if you use this without that carry over, I would ask that you make specific reference inside to show that, saying something like "The stealth-enhancing qualities of Ersteel-145 do not carry over here, due to the minimal nature of its involvement in this design."

That's all I have, please tag me when you have made your choice on how you want to proceed here and let me know what you want to do.

Thanks!

Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali Ersteel 145 does have the "potential" for said use, but potential is not an absolute contruct, thus unless otherwise noted, this sub is not intended to be using that stealth potential. However, I did add the note to elaborate on that in special features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom