Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Eriuian Fruit Bat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
28569784365_c5045f856f_b.jpg

ye9jm6j1hif11.jpg

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]GENERAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Name[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Eriuian Fruit Bat[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Designation[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Non-sentient[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Origins[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Eriu system[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Average Lifespan[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: 20 Years[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Estimated Population[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Planetary[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] (Occasionally out of system as pets.)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Description[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Winged, fruit eating mammal distinguished by its large head, it is a fairly common pet, and can be trained to do many tasks. They can have brown, black, or grey fur coloration.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]PHYSICAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Breathes[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Type I[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Average Height of Adults[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: 0.20-0.29 m[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Average Length of Adults[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: 0.20-0.29 m[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Average Wingspan of Adults[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: 0.69-0.97 m[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Skin color[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Black, brown[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Hair color[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Brown, grey[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Distinctions[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: A decent sized, winged mammal from the Eriu system, the Eriuian fruit bat is a sugar hungry creature that is most distinguished by its large head. The bats head possesses a powerful set of jaws with sharp teeth which are used to cut into tougher fruits. The large head also lets the creature honk, giving it an odd, unique call. The bat’s leathery wings can carry it great distances in search of fruits, and echolocation allows it to fly day or night. This fly mammal has some issues though. Being adapted to flying, it has a hard time doing anything faster a speed walk on the ground, and needs room to spread its wings. This bat’s sweet tooth can also lead it to trouble, as it will eat anything sweet, including poisons. This has also made them easy to catch and domesticate, as they can easily be given sweet fruits as a reward for doing a task. The bats are smart enough to be trained for a variety of tasks, and can be trained to guard, attack, and even in a similar practice to falconry. They can also learn some basic tricks. This had led them to be shipped off world, both legally and illegally, to pet distributors. There are a two kinds of Eriuian fruit bats, distinguished by their fur color.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Races[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Common: The brown furred variety that is the most common. These live on most of the habitable worlds of the Eriu System. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Snow Furs: Making their home on a snowy moon of the Eriu System's gas giant, snow furs are more adapted to the cold, and feed off of low lying berry bushes in the wild. The bats also possess distinctive red eyes.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Force Sensitivity[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Standard[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Echolocation.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Great eyesight.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Surprisingly strong bite.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Easy to train as guards, companions, "falconry" creatures, and attackers.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Can learn tricks.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Require room to take off.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]They are slow on the ground.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]They will eat anything sweet, including poisons.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]CULTURE[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Diet[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Frugivores (fruit eaters)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Communication[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Clicks, chirps, “honks”[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Technology level[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Religion/Beliefs[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]HISTORICAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]
Native to the habitable worlds of the Eriu System, the Eriuian fruit bat is a flying mammal with a taste for all things sweet. Occasionally found out of system as pets, these bats are "twilight" livers in nature and are easily trained with enough sweet foods. In the wild, these bat's usually congregate near groves of fruit trees in flights of 20-30 individuals. The bats fly from grove to grove, constantly in search of more fruit to eat, and communicating with chirps, honks, and clicks.

First domesticated by the natives of Eriu centuries ago, the bats were found to be easy to capture thanks to their love of anything sweet. While it's not clear who first learned that they could trained trained the bats to do anything, it's thought the falconry type practice was the first to develop. As time went on, the bats slowly became more and more domesticated, and began to take on even more training. There are still wild bats, but it's very easy to find domestic bats all over Eriu. One interesting thing is that the domesticated fruit bats are non-nocturnal, but still have their wild cousin's echolocation.

[member="Mig Gred"]

I absolutely love these lil' puppy-rats with wings. They're adorable, and I had fun reading what you had to say about them.

Below I've listed three suggestions - you don't have to make these edits unless you want to, but I think making them will kick the sub up another notch or two :) Once you've edited, or decided to forgo edited, just tag me back so I can get this approved! :)

This fly mammal has some issues though. Being adapted to flying, it has a hard time doing anything faster a speed walk on the ground, and needs room to spread its wings. This bat’s sweet tooth can also lead it to trouble, as it will eat anything sweet, including poisons. This has also made them easy to catch and domesticate, as they can easily be given sweet fruits as a reward for doing a task. The bats are smart enough to be trained for a variety of tasks, and can be trained to guard, attack, and even in a similar practice to falconry. They can also learn some basic tricks. This had led them to be shipped off world, both legally and illegally, to pet distributors. There are a two kinds of Eriuian fruit bats, distinguished by their fur color.
I recommend you add all of these to the weaknesses and strengths as well, since they would help potential readers get a better bird's eye view of the info.

• [SIZE=9pt]Designation[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Non-sentient[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Force Sensitivity[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Standard[/SIZE]
Just making sure - "Standard" refers to some member so the species having the Force and some not. Was the intent here to enable some of these non-sentient bats to have the Force? This is fine if it is, but it's a very rare thing so I'm asking to make sure.

[SIZE=9pt]HISTORICAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]
Native to the habitable worlds of the Eriu System, the Eriuian fruit bat is a flying mammal with a taste for all things sweet. Occasionally found out of system as pets, these bats are commonly domesticated by those living in the Eriu system, and can be trained for many tasks.
I would love to see this part more expanded on. For example, when were they discovered on the planet? When were they domesticated? How common are they as pets, and how many of them are adopted at the same time? Outside of task performing, what is their day like? Do these lovely creatures tend to be nocturnal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom