Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Erebos

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To expand on one of the sister worlds within the Nidhog system, as no description has been provided beyond the mention that they are inhabited and to provide a world for the Ancient Eye to inhabit.
  • ​Image Credit: Sins of the Prophets
  • Canon: n/a
  • Links: Nibelungen Eclipse of Nibelungen
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Erebos
  • Demonym: Ereboan
  • Region: Outer Rim
  • System Name: Nidhog
  • System Features: Trinary Star System Called The Ashla a sister planet to Nibelungen, with two orbiting moons and a single sun
  • Coordinates: AK-34
  • Major Imports: Durasteel, Corpses, various ores,weaponry
  • Major Exports: Slaves, Metal such as Durasteel, Moisture farming technology and Weaponry.
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Standard
  • Climate: Hot and humid in the forested regions to a dry heat in the desert areas by day, Cold as ice in the desert regions to moderately warm in the forested areas.
  • Primary Terrain: Desert Tundra's cover the majority of the planet, with the southern region being mostly grassland with interconnecting lakes that surround the more built of areas of Erebos.
  • Major Locations:

The Great Necroplis

QkqzuZr.jpg

Situated in the Southern region of Erebos, Necropolis is a multi-level, multi-function city scape that houses a large portion of the well-educated and loyal citizens on Erebos on its upper levels. The Necropolis is a city dedicated to the idea of ascension, it is the home of the infamous Bellators and houses many gladiatorial arena's for the people of the Ancient Eye to test their mettle, and to prove that they are worthy of ascension. Necropolis is one of the most popularly visited areas within TAE space, and operates as an example of their strength.

The Necropolis is defended by massive high rising duracrete walls, Bellator soldiers stand on watch every night as multiple AA Gun positions are on constant watch throughout the night. It is imperative to the Ancient Eye to keep their people safe. However, while that farce is complimentary to civilian passivity; the real reasoning is the protection of the deep stretching catacombs beneath.
The Catacombs

LKXEmW6.jpg

Directly beneath Necropolis, are the catacombs. Home to one of the most deep seated secrets of the Empire of the Ancient Eye, the home of Skorvek the Necromancer and to his experimentation's upon the undead, Sithspawn and technological research.

Pyramid of Ascension

oLJbUeU.png

The Pyramid of Ascension is a place of worship and pilgrimage, and home to the Priesthood on Erebos. These particular sects of the priesthood are dedicated to ascension. Those who seek this place are those whom are certain of death or wish for it.

Requiem

dwqDfaj.jpg

Requiem is a massive city scape integrated into the depth of the planet. It goes on as far as the eye can see when one goes down. housing billions of the working class serving as an industrial city. A majority of the old Jedi holdings and government buildings have been retro-fitted as industrial facilities to create weaponry and new technology for the Ancient Eye.

POPULATION
  • Native Species: N/A
  • Immigrated Species: Humans, Dravalan, Twi'Lek, Wookie, Rodian, Gungan, Chiss
  • Population: High
  • Demographics: The class system put in place by the Ancient Eye separates the various species into a caste based system, enforced by the priesthood promising ascension and advancement to those who become loyal. The majority of the populace is slowly becoming more war like as the Ancient Eye's influence continues to grow
  • Primary Languages: Galactic Basic
  • Culture: The Culture of Erebos was previously a simplistic society based off the beliefs of the Jedi order that previously overseen the worlds government. However with the conquering of the planet by The Ancient Eye, the culture has been twisted into a religiously empowered feudal military society lead by assigned Barons by the ancient eye. Society is caste based like every other world within The Ancient Eye's control. Separated into different classes. The culture is based on the Anubian belief and worship of death and the discipline of both physical and mental aspects of life.
The society is a form of slavery enforced by the Warlords of The Ancient Eye that promotes zealotry and a belief in ascension through glorious death in battle and servitude to the Anubian Pantheon believing the leaders of the Ancient Eye to be vassals for these gods, ruling by divine right.

The priesthood are the spiritual leaders of The Ancient Eye, their system of belief focuses on a central idea of the purity of power and the ascension promised legends of gods to the people of those power in both mind and body, but also the force. Such as Sekhmet the warrior who ascended to Godhood and immortality through her great skill. Or Anubis, a powerful force user who mastered necromancy and became a catalyst for the ascension of those worthy of godhood.

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Feudal Theocratic Monarchy
  • Affiliation: The Ancient Eye
  • Wealth: High due to the exports of minerals and weaponry developed on Erebos. The population is largely a workforce, devoted to lifelong servitude. Therefore, living expenditures are low and income is high.
  • Stability: High, the people of Erebos are largely indebted to servitude through religious indoctrination and the enforcement of the feudal theocratic monarchy system put in place by Warlords on every other world under the Eyes control.
  • Freedom & Oppression: Like the other worlds under the control of the Ancient Eye, the Warlords work in coherence with the priesthood to ensure a generally passive populace, slowly forming them into loyal zealots. Using their own military power to enforce their views and demonstrate their power. Oppression is prevalent within Ereboan society as those who dare speak against the Ancient Eye are never heard from again.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

• Military: Erebos is a planet where evil has taken root so firmly that the tendrils of it's darkness will take decades to remove. The surface of the world seems barren by comparison to what lays below the surface where the undead flourish. The Necropolis spreads through most of the western region of the world below the surface and it's entire purpose is to churn out souls and bodies to feed the war machine of the ancient eye with undead minions that serve at the beck and command of it's dark masters. Additionally, Erebor also produces the same amount of soldiers by the will of the Warlords for use in the up coming battles
  • Technology: Technologically speaking, Erebor is equivalent to many modern day civilized planets in regards to technology, however much of it is re purposed. The living standards of the people on Erebor are significantly lower quality than those in many other places within the Ancient Eye's reach. Such an example being the planets use of a planetary shield array to defend the research stations on the planet.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
For centuries, Erebos prospered under the autocratic rule of Jedi. For centuries this planet alongside a few others were left almost entirely beyond the reaches of the endless wars of light and dark.

Erebos prospered under the leadership of one Jedi Master, who acted on behalf of the Jedi autocracy that ruled from their central planet of Nibelungen, once the Ancient Eye attacked; those who had not seen war nor experienced conflict in so long easily fell into the hands of the feudal theocratic monarchy, slowly over time Erebos began to mold into what the vision the Ancient Eye had enforced.

Their people are oppressed, but many embrace it as the people of the world become more independent, industrialized and technologically advance, with greater economic benefits on the rise as the ancient eye reconnects them with the rest of the Galaxy.

[member="Skorvek"]

I like that this is fleshing out another chaos canon location to give ya'all more RP set pieces.

To start with, I'd like you to fix the fonts- the sub goes back and forth randomly between two fonts, pick one and format the whole post with it please.

Second, please properly source your image- link to a page the image appears on (preferably the original artist if possible), rather than to the image directly.

Major Exports: Slaves, various resources, moisture farming technology
'Various resources' is incredibly vague. Please list relevant resources.

[member="Skorvek"]

Thank you for fixing the font, but now the size changes at random points throughout the sub. It's one thing to put things like headers or categories in larger font, but in some places you have the content larger than the categories (like the Catacombs and Requiem for instance). Can you pick a font size and stick to it please?

it is the home of the infamous Bellators
the home of Skorvek the Necromancer
Affiliation: The Ancient Eye
Please link to subs, bios, faction, etc as needed for the bold items.

Major Exports: Slaves, Metal such as Durasteel, Moisture farming technology.

Wealth: High due to the exports of minerals and weaponry developed on Erebos.
If that's a major export (weaponry), which it sounds like it is if it contributes to high wealth, please include that in the section.

Stability: [Low, medium, high? Are there major issues causing unrest? Is this a planet of chaos or one of peaceful law abiding citizens? Is it dangerous for travelers to visit or are you safe as an outsider? Describe the general feel and theme of any over-arching government or rulers/leaders in this city. Are the people fairly free or is oppression of society and commerce heavy?]

Freedom & Oppression: [Describe the atmosphere of freedom on this planet. Does it have a dictatorial ruler? Is fear of the ruling body prevalent? Relaxed and open? Is anything unusual illegal or permitted?]
These need to be filled out.

[member="Skorvek"]

Thank you for trying- I know that fixing format problems can be super fiddly and it's still pretty wonky. Would you like me to fix the formatting quick? I need your permission to edit the sub if that's okay. I would change none of the content, only remedy the formatting.

Everything else looks good- whether that is okay with you or not, I'll stamp this and bump it up the ladder as soon as I know one way or the other.

[member="Irajah Ven"] that would be appreciated as I have taken a fine tooth comb it feels like to it to try and fix the formating but if you can fix it that would be amazing. Thanks :)

[member="Skorvek"]

You are most welcome. Sometimes I find that the only way to fix stuff like that is to remove all of the formatting (there's a button that looks like an eraser on the post dash) and start over because stuff can look different on the input screen (especially font size) than it looks once it is posted.

I didn't change anything other than the formatting and I fixed one typo while I was in there (basicx to basic)- which I am putting here for transparency.

I'm stamping this and passing it up the ladder. Enjoy your RP setting!

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Skorvek"]

If the planet is a moon of Nibelungen, it should be in the same system. Please update that field accordingly.

Additionally, if it is a moon of Nibelungen, it would not be so far as to be in a different hex unless Nibelungen was literally right on the border. If your intent is to have Erebos added to the Galaxy Map, please move it to AK-34.

[member="Skorvek"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Over all this looks good and I see no issues. The one thing I do need is per the Sub Mod thread:

Please make a note at the bottom of your submission summarizing the changes to your submission
and we'll be good to go!

[member="Skorvek"]

I was pretty sure that was the answer, but needed it here somewhere in writing for transparency sake and records. Thank you very much!

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom