Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Equipoise

4556491-science-fiction-palace-fantasy-art-futuristic-city-artwork.jpg
Stepping off the ramp to the transport shuttle, he released a breath he didn't know he was holding. Akarui was a beautiful planet, being bathed in oranges and red at this hour of dawn. The light reflected off the gleaming buildings and other shuttles passing by, and he intended to take it all in. It was surreal really, as before now it was nothing but a figment of his imagination, being built on the hope of discovery. However, his arrival felt bittersweet, a slight twinge of regret pulling at him internally.

Thankfully, he would have to deal with it later, as he couldn't count on his usual form of therapy. He had gone sober for this expedition, knowing now out of all times would not be adequate to be intoxicated. Fortunately, it was nothing but a slight nuisance, and deep down he knew it would pay off. If he was lucky.

Bowing his head in the return to the guide at her approach, he gave a light smile at the greeting. Soon following, he continued to soak in his surroundings, feeling the ebb and flow of the force through the people and planet as whole. Tranquil and soft, the feeling was a drastic change to what he had grown accustomed to. Fitting, as the Empress was usually just that. At the thought of his target, he kissed his teeth, arms crossed behind his back as the palace came into view. The ivory colored architecture and red accents blended together seamlessly, even more so inside. He however, stood in stark contrast to the pale surroundings. Dropping his normal combat ready look, a pair of black denim and a matching black long sleeve fit a bit looser then normal around his cloaked frame.

The whole trip leading up to the large doors, his guide had been talking, filling him in on everything that had happened planet wide in the past years. The last few minutes had been drowned out by the gradually louder ringing between his ears, his thoughts and heart alike racing. He wasn't one to be nervous, but this was a whole new matter in its self. Blinking slowly, he turned at a question, running his thumb over the stubble lining his jaw.

"And to who might we owe this visit too?" Running his tongue alone his teeth he squinted sightly, flaming iris following the seams in the tiles ahead of him. He had already felt that all too familiar presence draw near, and it was almost calming in its familiarity. If she felt the same however, was soon to be discovered. Sighing, he waved his hand before him, smiling at his guide.

"Just an old friend."

Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou

Last edited:
Aaahh

She sank beneath the water of the palace bath, blowing some playful bubbles as she settled in her seat. The Empress was joined by several of the previous guard shift, and even though they weren't on duty, Ki could feel the tension emanating from them just from being in her presence. The trio of guards women kept their distance but cast glances at her before scanning the room.

Today was to be her day off, one a week she was forced to take for her own sanity and health. Her mind raced with what she would get up to, sparring with Oji, playing with Saya and Ojo in the gardens, assisting the feuding Nakano and Hakamoto clans...STOP...her work always found it's way in her thoughts. Those were tomorrow Ki problems.

Another thing was bothering her currently however. Her ears had twitched atop her head at the feeling of a familiar presence, but it felt different somehow as well. She wondered what crazy idea had brought him here.

She sighed and sank further beneath the water as her secretary entered and purposefully approached her, Speaking of the Nakanos she thought. The middle daughter of five currently employed at the palace, Miku bowed and announced herself shyly but promptly,"Your Grace, there is a visitor approaching the palace I was told to inform you of."

Ki eyed the young woman before rising from her comfortable place in the hot pool and stretching her sore muscles,"Very well Miku, let's go greet our guest."

It took her several minutes to dry and make presentable enough for greeting. Not that it mattered, they had seen one another at their most vulnerable before, so the light clothing was more for her own vanity.

Miku shadowed her the whole way and peeled off as they entered the grand atrium that served as the entrance to the main palace complex. Her heart fluttered for the briefest of moment upon spying the man she once shared her life with before it calmed and her eyes narrowed. Hoshi, the silver haired tour guide bowed and peeled away from him,"And to who might we owe this visit to?" her voice dripped with poison as she slowly began descending the stairs.

"Just an old friend." his answer came and she bit her own lip.

"Miku, clear the atrium. I want to speak with our guest alone." and the secretary bowed before rushing off, ushering the guard and support personnel away before the sound of the doors shutting led to a heavy silence.

Ki was now before him, arms clasped in the sleeves of her robe, eyeing the man and studying him intently,"Why have you really come Nate? You're next words will dictate the length of your stay." she sternly asked.

Nate Phantoms Nate Phantoms

Already, the time had felt like hours as he stood waiting, pacing back and forth slightly. Rehearsing what he needed to say, choosing his words very carefully. Even sober, he had a hard time choosing his words sometimes and he knew he could afford no mistakes this time. Then he felt it, more specifically her.

It had been a long time since he had felt her presence, but this time was nearly foreign. Before, the shared bond had allowed him practically be beside her at all times, even worlds apart. Now however, he could barely focus on anything more than the fact she was slowly getting closer.

The realization stopped him in his tracks, he knew he shouldn't have expected anything less, but the truth was still more upsetting than he prepared for. Just another thing to add to the list. It'd been a trip, but positive control of his emotions was still mostly a work in progress. Setting his jaw, he sighed while clasping his arms behind his back.

His targets voice rang out from the stairs, and he blinked slowly. This whole, using your words thing was still relatively new and more often than not very difficult. He was a fighter, not too keen on talking. But alas, he sure wasn't getting any younger and there were amends he had to at least make an effort to handle. Watching closely the guards and all other palace workers quietly zipped past, the door shutting in front of him.

Turning, he adverted his eyes while bowing at the waist slightly. "Your excellence," Rising, he met her blue eyed stare, and everything he had rehearsed vanished from thought. "You seem in good health and understandably busy running this show, so I'll speak plainly." Tilting his head, he pursed his lips slightly before opening them to speak again, her skeptical gaze slowly picking away at his defenses.

"If you're shocked even in the slightest that I'm here, don't worry because it makes two of us. But I'm here for Oji." as the words flowed, he could feel his body relax slightly, knowing his normal stiff behavior could wait. "I have no doubts you've been taking care of him, schooling him and preparing him to be prince. But some others and I are starting an academy. Collectively, we're all striving to help teach and mentor a new generation who understand all sides of the force. Ones who can look past all the countless wars and work together for something greater."

"I think it'd be a good place for him."
Taking a deep breath, he adverted his gaze, looking past her. It wasn't often she made him uncomfortable but he was vulnerable. He could feel it. Moving a slight step back, he ran his hand through his hair, his voice and eyes softening.

"It... would be good for both of us. I've been absent too long and I don't want to continue following my trend of disappearing. I would be by his side most of the time and it'd give me a chance to finally at least try and make some sort of positive impact on him." Finding himself unable to meet her stare at the moment he sighed, completely out of his element. Pushing through the mental wall he was encountering, his gaze moved up to hers finally, and he let his words come naturally.

"An apology is also long overdue... I didn't last time and it's been tearing me apart. I never intended for any of this, sure as hell not being gone all the time. I never meant to put you in the position you've been in these last years, and I know my actions and words have hurt you in the past. I also understand forgiveness isn't so easily earned, but there are no words I can use to fully explain how truly sorry I am."

Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom