Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Epicenter

Kyrinov

][ A B S O L U T I O N ][
I want to stay

He nodded knowingly, sitting forward in his chair. He’d been absently scanning through the translations he’d been working on not an hour prior to their meeting. He still had another volume to finish, but it would help his studies. “Kia nun.”

He waited a moment and felt Anat’s silky fur brush his hand and allowed himself a small grin. It seemed she was picking up the meaning of the Sith tongue and comprehending it within her brilliant mind. That was good. She’d already made considerable progress in understanding the new language, they’d only been practicing for a few weeks now. He was proud of her.

His steel eyes looked up to Valrayne, “Good. A wise choice, My Apprentice,” his baritone remarked like honey. He knew that this Darren fellow was someone she did not wish to be bound to. She made that clearly when she first described her predicament. Best to use his knowledge to avoid losing someone, an asset, that would hopefully prove to be very valuable later on than to lose her and never see the fruit of their combined labor.

I want to learn to become the perfect assassin, silent, deadly, invisible until it's too late

An Assassin and a Sorceress. Despite what she believed about herself, the girl was indeed quite ambitious. She wished to master two sets of skills. This would be quite an interesting journey. “Would you like a tour around the Peak, Valrayne? Afterwards, I’ll give you your first mission, and after that, your real training will begin.”

[member="Valrayne"]

A wise choice, my apprentice

I had no idea why or how, but something stuck with me about the way that sounded. It wasn't even... unpleasant. It made me feel almost as though I was important, I belonged to someone, I was beholden to someone, something more than just myself. Normally I detest the idea of being tied down but, it surprised me that I felt as though I was beginning to see the other side, the reason so many people choose to follow a Master.

He spoke to the great wolf in Sith, calling her back to him. I blinked in surprise,

"She knows the Sith language?" I asked.

My instinct was to boast that I knew it too, as I'd studied the language somewhat. However, I felt myself blush. Before me was a Sith Master, who was likely far more fluent in the tongue than I was, just like Darren.

Darren... Would it be different when I went back to him? Eventually I would, he had mentioned that he was going to take me to get equipped. When I'd left, I had hated the very idea of even owing a penny to someone. But now here I sat, having entered into a force bond with a Master, and not hating it. Would I perhaps one day learn not to hate him as well?

Kyrinov pulled me from my thoughts with a question, and I nodded,

"That would be good, thank you... uh, Master."

Okay, it was going to take a little getting used to.

[member="Kyrinov"]

Kyrinov

][ A B S O L U T I O N ][
“Yes, she does. She’s been an incredibly quick study. I’ve only been teaching her for a few weeks,” he addressed Anat, “Su nun.” He stood and moved towards the door, making a ‘follow me’ motion to Valrayne. He walked down the hall and got into the elevator, taking it down to the ground again. He and Anat stepped out, heading to the left and walking around the tower to reveal 10 massive towers in a semi-circle around the main pavilion, all connected with an underground tunnel system.

“Are you familiar with the language, Apprentice?” He walked to the tower directly to his left, taking the trio down instead of up. A few moments of waiting and they saw the forgehttps://cdnw.nickpic.host/rJA58Y.md.jpg, a cavern with magma that’d been carefully drilled to rise to this level for usage. Atop the flights of stairs sat a large furnace, a stone anvil, tools, and a rack of weapons and parts in the making. “Here’s the forge. Truthfully, it’s my personal forge. I make weapons, amulets, accessories, spare parts that will likely be alchemized later on. However, you may use it if you ever want to make something on your own. Just don’t burn your fur or fall into the lava.”

Through a nearby tunnel, they walked and took an elevator up into the second tower. Five floors up, they came to the laboratoryhttps://cdnw.nickpic.host/rJA3Xb.jpg. One of four in this tower, actually. This one was dedicated to the study of zoology. “Here is one of the laboratories in the Peak. This one is focused on the study of various animal species from across the Galaxy. There is also a plant laboratory, a chemical and material laboratory, and a medical bay. Laboratories are open at all times, however, you will need express permission from myself to be within one of them. A precaution, mainly.”

They passed through various other towers that had a miniature dojo, dining areas, kitchens, parlors for relaxing or entertaining guests. The next place they came to was a libraryhttps://cdnw.nickpic.host/rJAbJe.md.jpg, illuminated by green lightning and each section of books marked with a red flag bearing the section’s topic on it. There were several floors to the library. In fact, it took up the entire tower. It was his personal pride and joy. “This, of course, is the library. It was every subject you’d want to study from Sith Magic, to the Force, the Jedi, the Ancient Sith, Planets, Animals, Systems, Organizations. You name it, it’s probably here. I expect you’ll be spending a good deal of time here?”

He paused only long enough for her to answer to bring her to the tenth tower, closest to the civilian pavilion, park, and forge areas. He pushed a button and took them to the very top of the sleek skyscraper. He punched in an access code and showed her inside the roomhttps://k.nickpic.host/rdCHOQ.jpg. “This room is yours. It was meant to be a guest room, however, there are many others that can be used for housing any guests we may have. Do you like it?”

Kyrinov let out a small sigh. “Rest up, Apprentice. You have a mission first thing tomorrow. Report to the hangar at 0945. Until then.” He nodded, turned to the door, and left. The pair walked slowly back to his study, Anat running ahead of him through the tall grass.

[member="Valrayne"]

Just like Anut, I stood and followed the Master as he led us out of the study and towards the elevator, taking it back down to the ground floor.

"I do," I answered proudly, "although it's self-taught, so I may be prone to mispronunciation."

It was hardly worth the effort trying to smother the little smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. How may Sith had apprentices that could boast such a skill, particularly without having to have been taught? I knew Sith and a little High Sith, and was perhaps more eager than I ought to be to show it off. What I didn't say, however, was the reason for learning them. Again, my fingers curled around the shard hanging from my neck. A'Baal was not the first ritual I'd performed merely from memory, nor would he likely be the last.

Kyrinov brought us first to a forge, the air thick, hot and heavy as the orange glow from the magma illuminated the darkened area. I cringed, recoiling slightly from the heat as my tail wrapped itself around my waist and my ears flattened against my head. Nope, didn't like it here. Hot, loud and unsettling. My jaw clenched as I retreated towards the Sith, following him very closely indeed as we made our way out.

"I might... leave that til I'm a little more confident."

Next, we came to a laboratory. Instinctively I felt my jaw clench, my stomach flipping as a sudden jolt of panic shot through my core. Strange, I didn't think I had an issue with places like this. My parents had been researchers, after all. Must be because this particular laboratory belonged to a Sith Master. Yes, that was probably it. As the sudden jolt subsided, I was able to study it some more, marveling at the tools and equipment gathered here.

"As permission first, got it." I confirmed with a nod.

Then... then, we came to the library.

It was here that I peeled away from my Master's side, venturing as if pulled by some unseen force into the room. Oh the knowledge that would be here! With wide eyes and a tail that was twitching with excitement I listened to Kyrinov explain that yes, this was definitely going to be my new favorite place in the tower, perhaps the entire planet.

"I might never leave." I replied to him, my voice filled with wonder.

Finally, we came to a room.

At the top of one of the towers, it had a beautiful view. The room itself was simple, holding little more than comfortable (even luxurious) amenities for a single occupant. It was perfect. I took a few steps into the room, feeling my smile grow wider as my ears perked up and my tail swished happily. He asked me if I liked it and I raised my arms, twirling on the spot. It had so much space! But it didn't feel huge or empty.

"I love it!" I grinned, "thank you, Master."

That was still a little strange to say. No, strange to say without cringing about it. But I was getting there.

"0945, the hangar, got it. See you then."

I couldn't help but wonder what mission he had for me. Undoubtedly that question would keep me from any kind of restful sleep tonight. If not that then, who this man truly was, what I'd gotten into, what the future held...

This felt like the epicenter of the event that would change my whole life.

[member="Kyrinov"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom