Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EPBOW {Open}

A long, long time ago, before many things had come to pass, there was blip in the history books that was banished as quickly as it had arisen. It had emanated from Manaan, in a tiny little dive bar in West Ahto City called the Mortus. There, many great and powerful men and women pledged their lives and loyalty to one crazed ancient who spoke in nonsequiters and drank more than he breathed. He was The Black Lord and those who followed him were Óglaigh na Iarndóideanna, Warriors of the Iron Fist. In the blink of a eye, they had conquered far and fallen low, to be relegated to the dusty forgotten lore of a galaxy that moved past them.

The Iron Fists and their high king were gone now, however the tiny little dive bar was still there. It had been leveled and rebuilt new and rundown again so many times that the only parts of it that were original were the scuffed signs that were hung on the wall of all the previous names of the bar. Right now, it was called EPBOW, in all capital letters but the word was nonsense to the bar patrons. Those who truly could have told what the acronym was had been dead for nearly 700 years. The current owner found it on a phrik jug that appeared to have survived whatever misfortune had befallen it over the years in Ahto City.

Sinistra had found this place when she was in her late 20's.

She loved it. It was a wreck. She was no one here and that's all that ever mattered. They played some serious blues on the jukebox, the drinks were good and it was always dark, like too many people had hangovers to deal with sunlight.

For a Sith like her, it was heaven. As much as there could be one.

She felt relaxed here, sitting in a booth under the likeness of some gruesome mangled man bearing a torc with the initials ATD carved into it.

She was drinking a whiskey, no armor today, no masks. No real Sithiness to her at all. Just another spacer getting lost in EPBOW.

[member="Lamia"]

Jude had half forgotten how he got to this small bar. He had a hectic past few days, he sat back and began to munch on his over-cooked jawa steak. He had been here for only about half an hour, first sampling some appetizers and then deciding on the jawa steak, no alcohol for him. He saw a woman in the bar, she seemed somewhat familiar, almost as if he had known her in his past life. He eyed her from across the bar, trying to figure out who she was. He only looked down to cut another sliver of meat off his steak. ''She's so familiar'' he muttered, looking down at his steak. Perhaps if he was in his former body he might be able to better connect the scattered dots in his brain or she would recognize him. He stared at her still but then looked back down when he thought he saw her turn his way. Had she seen him staring?

[member="Sinistra"]

There are a lot of places he had been to that made him feel like soaking in hot water and bleach for three days wouldn't take off the skeeze just from walking in the door. EPBOW tended to make him feel like there wasn't enough bleach in the galaxy to wash the taint off his fur.

He was sitting at the bar, scrolling through some news report from somewhere in the empire on his datapad while his boss sat in the corner booth and drank her emotions away.

He always found it funny, that for as passionate as Sith were supposed to be, for as emotionally fueled they were, most of them were like automatons or horny, moody teenagers. There didn't seem to be middle ground between the two.

What did he know? He might work for the bastards, it didn't mean he understood a lick of them.

The Stark was moored in space above the planet, circling the blue world, the crews given leave while she figured out what she wanted to do.

The Stark was registered to the House of Corsai, a merchant house of Kuat. All the crew had been hand selected by Sinistra although that wasn't her name to the crew. He and Lorta were the only ones who knew what their matriarch did away from Kuat. What double lives she lived and how those lives and lies all shook out.

The Cathar didn't mind the games, he was paid well and he got a fancy looking ship to tool around the galaxy in. He kinda missed Lorta at the moment though. The feisty blond had been too wrapped up with expanding the influence of the House of Corsai. Maybe when he got back to Kuat City, they'd have a date. He looked at the door and back to his datapad.

Matthew(Rogue)Drevur

Captain of the Emeralde Luna, and owner/friend of
I was sitting in a booth passed out, not my finest moment. And someone had the liberty to put a sign on me that said free drinks for everyone. Now I owe the barkeeper almost 200 credits. I hate my life. But I love this bar. So when I woke up was surprised to see that I still had my items on my. My helmet was still there, a lot of drool on it because I was sleeping on it, but fine. I slide my helmet back on and sit up straight. "I need to stop one day... Im tired of passing out in a bar."

It was rather dark in the place, and with the hood on her jacket up, her face was a little obscured, but every once in awhile, she leaned forward under the hanging light over her table and her pale skin, brown hair and brown eyes were revealed. For the most part, people tended to keep to themselves but there were exceptions to every rule.

Sinistra had caught the eye of someone eating something across the bar.

He'd gone for the steak. Big mistake. The burgers here were where it's at. Part of her wanted to ignore it, but the other part of her liked the spy game too much so she slid out of the book, and wandered over to the fella looking strangely at her and not enjoying his meal.

A drunk woke up in a booth next to her as she stood and she looked at him with suspicion before she stepped to the other guy, sliding down in a chair across from him.

"You seem to be staring. Do I know you?"

[member="Jude Khann"]

Demarus perked up when the drunk guy woke up and put his helmet back on. He flicked his ear in mild annoyance, the left one laying flat as his boss slid out of her hole to talk to someone.

Great. She feels like socializing.

He waved down the bartender, a wizened old jerk named Flagg.

"Flagg, get that guy a caf on me. He looks like he's been here way too long and way too drunk."

[member="Matthew (Rogue) Drevur"]

Jude's heart skipped a beat when the woman started walking over to him. It began to race as she sat down close to him. She had obviously caught him staring at her. He kept his cool and responded to her question. ''I'm trying to figure that out too'' Jude would respond. ''I'm Jude, I don't know where I know you from, but you seem familiar.'' Jude moved his steak around with his fork and cut off another slice. He ate it and took a slurp of his water awaiting the stranger's response.

[member="Sinistra"]

"Kira."

She watched him eat another bite, the nervousness intriguing her. Maybe he believed her to be angry rather than curious. She took a sip of her whiskey, letting it roll around in her mouth, before she swallowed it. The burn of it warmed her chest, and she tipped the glass to watch the legs of the alcohol run down the sides.

"I don't think we've met, but staring at people in places like this is fast way to meet horrible people, Jude."

[member="Jude Khann"]

Jude nodded at the mention of his name. ''Maybe I'm just crazy'' he said with a laugh ''What's your line of work?'' He meekly pushed over an uneaten plate of bread and butter, gesturing to it in case his guest was hungry. He motioned for the bar tender as he waited for this mysterious woman's response, he was still hungry. Things had been strange lately, this just added to it all.

[member="Sinistra"]

It had been awhile since Lamia had set foot in this bar. The memories flooded back to her as she pushed opened the door. Old faces flashed in her memory, some bringing a smile, but most of them not. Today she was on the search for just one. The one. The one that pushed her, angered her, taught her and saved her. Lamia looked around and saw her speaking with someone across the room. She'd wait for her to be done. In the meantime, she went to the bar and ordered a bottle of Manaan whiskey... her favorite and settled on a barstool.

[member="Sinistra"]

Matthew(Rogue)Drevur

Captain of the Emeralde Luna, and owner/friend of
"Ugh, guess I gotta be the bigger man and pay for all of this." I say as I check the note that was strapped to my head, 209 credits. Thats almost as much as I have! I walk up to the bar and pay Flagg. "Here is 215 credits for what I owe, and the extra few for a drink." I say as he gives me a small glass of beer. I sit down and take off my mask again. I am barely able to drink due to my impaired vision, the booze didn't help either.
[member="Lamia"] [member="Jude Khann"] [member="Sinistra"] [member="Demarus"]

Tartatha walked into the establishment, surveying the crowd. Sitting at the bar, he held his hand out, shaking it in order to signal for some sort of alcoholic beverage. One disadvantage of being a wookiee is the lack of communication. Tartatha was not paying attention to who he was sitting by, he was just trying to enjoy a beverage and relax. The room reeked of alcohol and spice, but Tartatha did the best he could to ignore it.

Hopefully none of these creatures would try to socialize with him

"Exports. Merchant trading house. That kind of stuff."

She noticed [member="Lamia"] enter the bar. It was about time the ox showed up. She carried her rusty skinned self to the bar to get a drink and Sinistra rolled her eyes at the very tall Togruta as she took a stool near Demarus.

Her focus returned to the man in front of her.

"Sorry, friend of mine showed up. What do you do, Jude?"

[member="Jude Khann"]

Demarus reached a furred hand over and snatched the note from Mathew's hand, crumpling it up and throwing it at Flagg behind the bar.

"Don't pay that, he's karking with you."

Demarus flicked an ear again, glaring at Flagg as he stooped to grab the note and toss it away.

"You never let me 'ave any fun", Flagg bemoaned as he fetched Lamia a drink, a mischievous look in his eye.

About that time, a wookiee joined them at the bar, looking rather standoffish. Demarus huffed and went back to his reports.

[member="Matthew (Rogue) Drevur"] [member="Tartatha"]

Ghorua the Fish... no, Ghorua the Shark entered the run-down pub with a little chuckle. "EPBOW. What a name," the massive figure said. It had been a day since he had received genetic modifications, and he was still getting used to the new body. The Herglic was large before, standing at 8'9''. Now, his head scraped the roof of the joint at ten-and-a-half feet tall. He didn't wear his armor to this establishment, and he doubted he would need it. The former Herglic was an absolute colossus. Any would-be muggers would most likely find themselves facing down a brute with rows of serrated teeth. Ghorua almost felt pity for anyone who dared.

Walking in, he noticed only a few people. Good. Less gawkers. The jazz was calming to the Bounty Hunter's ears. Nothing beat good-old soul music. The Shark plodded past a few dangerous-looking patrons, and stood at the bar. "I could use some alcohol. Whatever you got." Eyes bulging, the barkeep went to get his drink. Ghorua noticed a wookiee sitting at the bar, waiting for a drink. A few days ago, Ghorua would've considered a fight with such a warrior honorable. Now, he figured he could easily bench-press one.

Nodding happily to the wookiee, Ghorua stood off to the side, and waited for his drink, taking cursory glances at all of the other patrons, just enjoying the soft music.

- [member="Demarus"] - [member="Sinistra"] -[member="Tartatha"] - [member="Matthew (Rogue) Drevur"] - [member="Lamia"] -[member="Jude Khann"] -

Flagg poured the hulking sea creature a whiskey and set it in front of him wordlessly. Flagg was no fool and although he had an acerbic tongue, he preferred to loose it when it could be at maximum effectiveness.

What good was winning a war of wits when the other party doesn't know they are playing?

Flagg sauntered off to go back to his book, a leather bound book that looked older than the bar itself while Demarus eyed Lamia, his ears returning to neutral.

[member="Ghorua the Shark"]

''I sell insurance'' Jude said plainly. The more this woman talked the more he felt as if he had known her, he felt the force radiant off her. The academy, the training session, his instructor, it all suddenly flooded back to him. He stared at woman, someone who had taken such care in hiding her face was now unmasked before him. However, he wasn't frightened. He remained in his zen like state and continued to eat his steak. The name, what was her name? He suddenly remembered.

This was [member="Sinistra"]

Jude, formerly Oodar, had left the academy in search of a new body but instead found a path to balance both sides of the force and access both sets of power. He felt an orbalisk underneath his cloak skitter around to a new position. Revealing he was Oodar might not be the best move, but with the orbalisks he felt confident of his combat abilities.

''Sinistra...?'' he asked in a hushed voice. His leaving of the academy wasn't publicized but it was no secret he had been away for quite some time.

"Insurance sounds dreadfully boring, Jude. Not gonna lie."

She was about to excuse herself when he mentioned the word Sinistra. As she did whenever she wasn't wearing her armor, she had suppressed her force presence, so that there was no trace of Sithiness, no dark side. Nothing really that would have bagged her as her devilish alter ego.

Except there was her voice.

Even with the rasp of a vocoder, her voice still might be able to be identified. Perhaps this was what set him off, however she did not recognize him from anywhere. Lots of possibilities.

You didn't live to be spy this long if your face showed your thoughts, so when he said Sinistra, she merely looked puzzled and confused.

"What?"

[member="Jude Khann"]

''You're Sinistra'' he said, pointing at the woman across the table. He was fairly confident that this was her, however her puzzled expression confused him. ''Right?'' he would ask. Not waiting for a response he would continue ''I mean I don't want to kill you or anything'' Jude gave a slight laugh at this proposition, but reached down and felt underneath his cloak to make sure he had his forcesaber with him. ''You don't recognize me, and you're not supposed to''

[member="Sinistra"]

"Nah, you've got the wrong person."

She stood up, her drink in her hand as she looked very uncomfortable, akin to the look one has when talking to someone who's not all there. The quip about not wanting to kill her was a little laughable if she thought about it but she wasn't at the moment.

"Enjoy the food."

Shaking her head, she turned away from him, walking over to the bar. She leaned in to lovingly stroke the headtails of the Togruta as she took a seat.

"You're late Ox."

[member="Jude Khann"] [member="Lamia"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom