Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Eos New Glassworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
andromedaincssmol_by_ebilmushroom-dbzcv82.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To flesh out more material construction facilities for Andromeda Incorporated and fill an interesting material niche.
  • Image Credit: Andromeda initiative logo by EA Games.
  • Canon: N/A.
  • Permissions: N/A.
  • Links: N/A.
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Mine Name: EO-1 Eos New Glassworks.
  • Material: Glass, glass products, artisanal glass, and raw obsidian.
  • Affiliation: Andromeda Inc.
  • Size: Large.
  • Population: Sparsely Staffed.
  • Profit: Medium.
  • Accessibility: By its nature, the Eos New Glasswork is not placed in a central location, nor is it hidden. The glasswork is accessible by road or by ship, but requires some days of travel through an industrial wasteland. There is a light guard presence and most civilians are met with a degree of confusion in the rare occurrences when they do approach the glassworks without an appointment. Prolonged stay will prompt suspicion.
  • Description: The Eos New Glassworks is a dour thing, not made for appearances but for efficiency. A Square tower springs up from the sandy hillside landscape while large excavators dig through the black sand. Two large, square structures surround the central tower. The glassworks has two landing docks: One at its zenith, near the Administration Office, and another, larger industrial dock by the Stocks for loading and off-loading. The perimeter of the glassworks is fenced off to prevent accidents, but a dirt road does lead directly to the administration office.
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • The Mine: There are two main extraction points in the glassworks. The outer works are surface stripped for raw materials. This part of the mine is simply a massive pit, full of excavators and transportation droids that move the minerals to the refinery where it is turned into glass products. DT-1 on the other hand is a deeper cave mine. This side of the mine gathers naturally formed obsidian, which is a highly sought-after artisanal commodity. The tunnel entry begins right east of the administration office’s foundation.
  • The Refinery: One of the two black blocks that flank the administration office, the refinery is lined with sooted windows that flare with the working of the furnaces within. The process is largely automated, but sentients oversee and quality-check the process on a regular basis. The refinery is off-limits to all non-essential personnel due to the potential toxic fumes released. Scanners survey the inside of the refinery in case stray life-forms should find themselves in danger.
  • The Stocks: The gathered product is stored in a storage facility dubbed “the stocks”. Built in the same shape and appearance as the refinery. However, while the refinery is blazing hot, the stocks are kept at a stable, cold temperature to protect the products from environmental damage. The stocks are regularly patrolled to prevent theft and sabotage of Andromeda Inc. property.
  • The Administration Office: The administration office stands out by being a tall, slender shape in a flat landscape. Those working in this black tower handle all of the administrative duties related to the mining, refining and export of product from the mine. The administration office may be divided into three parts:
    • Executive Suite: The top of the tower features a viewing station and a small penthouse reserved for Andromeda Inc. executives and their guests only. This penthouse affords a view of the entire mining operation and the surrounding area through a large, red-tinted window, produced locally.
    • Admin: The central bulk of the tower houses offices and meeting rooms for on-site administrative personnel, as well as sleeping quarters.
    • Storage: The base of the tower and basement floors function as a storage and repair facility for on-site droids and vehicles.
SECURITY

Rating: Medium.
  • Fence: An electrified fence surrounds the perimeter, with a checkpoint where it intersects with the road. The fence will only give a mild shock and is primarily meant to keep fauna or sentients from wandering into the mine on accident. The checkpoint is unmanned and opens when documentation is presented.
  • Droids and Surveillance: The mine and attached buildings are surveyed by cameras that feed to the administration office. while probe droids patrol the ground for any disturbance.
  • Guard presence: The main premises are patrolled by a moderate presence of armed Andromeda Inc. guards. Their weapons are set to stun and they mainly patrol the area around the administration office, stocks and refinery. Guards will only fire if fired upon, but may ask persistent visitors to remove themselves from the premises.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

For the longest time, Eos was little else but a volcanic rock suspended in space. Its only claim to infamy was near a thousand years removed. Then, a spark of industry set foot there. Eos Glassworks used to be a staple institution and the heartbeat of the sparse, local community of immigrated workers. When the original glassworks went under due to mismanagement from its parent company, the mine stood dry and the community dwindled. Eos slipped back into obscurity.

Andromeda Inc. purchased the mine as part of a debt settlement originally intending to use it as a waste dump site, but found that the glassworks could be refurbished and put back into production, which could decrease the cost of transparisteel. The re-opening of the factory was a major boon for those manual workers who retained ties to Eos as it provided steady employment and has caused a small revitalisation of the otherwise barren planet. Much of the process is automated and handled by droids, but workers are regularly shipped in and out for maintenance and quality control.

In addition to regular glass and transparisteel, the glassworks started the mining of natural obsidian and other artisanal glass types, which have made their way to high-end markets, albeit in smaller quantities. These valuable materials are often sold anonymously and transported separately from the remainder of the product. This process is used as a point of advertisement and therefore employs a greater number of sentient workers, especially photogenic ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom