Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Adder"]

"Oh. Yeah." Kurt said with a smile. "This place has more toys than you could imagine, though I guess most of them we'll have to ask for permission to actually use."

He wasn't sure about the rules for that.

So far Kurt hadn't really tried to explore the University himself, at least not outside of the bouncaries of what he thought was acceptable for a place like this. A part of him wondered if there was some secret lab tucked away somewhere, but he wasn't entirely sure he'd even want to know if there was. "Shouldn't be a problem though."

Kalinda did like to try to support all educational projects, its why the place was so huge.

"I did." He said referring to the band. "Out of some old parts I found at the labs."

He'd tinkered with it for weeks to get it to work.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

“Sweet! Learning by doing is the best,” Adder replied with a smile. That was how she’d ended up with her weird haircut, after all. Don’t poke hydrospanners at open circuitry, kids.

“Yeah, I’ll talk it over with Kahn, don’t worry.”

Speaking of – the teacher was just wrapping up the class when they returned to the front of the shop. There was one beet-faced kid with a missing eyebrow standing off in the corner while the former Republic navigator lectured him about workbench safety.

The pilot grinned.

“Psht. That nonsense is for boring losers. We’d never get anywhere without trying stuff out.”

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Adder"]

Kurt didn't say anything, he only watched quietly. He hadn't really expected to do anything like this in the University, not his first few months here anyway. From what the headmaster had described most of his work would be academic until he reached the final stages. A part of him had absolutely dreaded that, still did in fact, but at least this would alleviate some of the stress. The Courier shifted slightly, shrugging eventually and turning towards Adder.

"We should start with models." Kurt suggested.

It was always how his father had done things, make a mock-up of the finished product and then work from there. The Old man had been particularly good at it, and Kurt had picked up the skill quite well. Crafting things in miniature required a steady hand.

"Design and build a smaller version first." About the size of a large sheet of paper. "Work the design off that."

Maybe even some of the function. "Especially if we'll be making new parts."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Nodding, the redhead flicked her datalogger to life. “You got a contact where I can reach ya? It’s gonna be a bit before we can get started – gotta sort out all the boring legal stuff and permissions and the like.”

“And yeah, this thing’s gonna have a bunch of moving parts. Yer gonna hate testing by the time we’re done, promise,” Adder replied with a grin as she flicked to the new contact screen.

“Gotta order the special tech too, and all that jazz.” She sighed. “Shipbuilding’s such a hassle sometimes, innit?”

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Adder"]

He shrugged. "Never built a ship from the ground up."

Both The Coil and The Messa had been ships built by a bigger manufacturer before he'd gotten his hands on them. Kurt didn't imagine that it was much different building something from the ground up, but mostly because he also assume Adder and he wouldn't be fabricating parts themselves, for the most part anyway.

"Just a pod-racer." The one he had his dad had built back home.

For a moment the Courier stood still, then slowly he began to dig through his pocket. Eventually he pulled out a small piece of flimsy, writing down his comm number. His handwriting looked to be that of a small child who had dropped out of the 3rd grade, but it was legible enough.

"Here." He told her. "If I don't answer I'm in Dorm Besh."

All the dorms had directories.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

“Thanks. Have a good one, Kurt.” She gave a shallow nod, stuffing the flimsy in her pocket.

Green eyes flickered skyward as she did the mental calculations – “I figure at least two weeks before we can dig in. Prob’ly more, honestly. The supply lines are shot with all the crap going down between the Imps and Alliance.”

For a moment, a shadow passed over her face. Adder sighed, ran a hand through her hair – and just like that, it was gone. “But nevermind, ‘s how it is. I’ll see you around.”

The pilot offered him a little wave and a bright smile before turning to catch up with Kahn.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Adder"]

He frowned for a moment, though mostly caught up in his own thoughts.

It was doubtless that this little project would take some time, no matter what the supply lines were like. Kalinda could get its hands on most anything, it wasn't like the Alliance was in control of this place or anything. He supposed the Sith or even Imperials could try and obstruct the university, but somehow he doubted it. The Empire had left Tatooine alone, so why bother with a University that was really only trying to teach people. A shrug rolled over his shoulders.

"No problem." He said before slowly beginning to stretch.

"I still have classes to attend." Kurt pointed out. "But I'll help when I can."

School was hard enough when he wasn't distracted by building a new starship, though part of him thought that this might actually help in the long run. It was always better for him to learn things hands on. Books were difficult enough by themselves, and maybe he could get Adder to help him with some things while they worked.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

“Oh for sure,” Adder gave a quick nod, a shade of worry cast over her face. “I don’t mean for you to fall behind on classes or anything – if you ever need help just gimme a call, yeah?”

The pilot offered a flash of a smile. “I’ve had this degree for like, shet, a decade. I gotcha.”

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Adder"]

That was something at least.

Kurt knew that if he was going to make it through university hed need all the help that he could get. His father and Jamie were fine, smart enough to help him with most problems, but when it came to some things they simply couldn't help just because of their location. His dad was back on Tatooine and Jamie was on Naboo, they were too far for him to go to them.

Especially now that he didn't even have The Messa.

”Great.” Kurt said with a smile. ”I'll catch you later, i have a class to get to.”

Something he'd rather avoid at this point, though that wasn't really much of an option. He was here to fulfill a goal, and it wasn't one that was just for himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom