Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enemies Through Music

Ession
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrutzRWXkKs​
~​
Kaelan had come to Ession in hopes of finding people who would listen to her music. She wore a pretty outfit, as she made her own outfits at times when she didn't have the money to pay for what she needed to preform in. It had a long tail to it, which she loved as it worked out nicely for her dancing. How she learned to sew so well is beyond her. She sat at a sewing machine one day and made a dress in an hour. Kaelan had hidden talents that she would have never known about if she had never tried them before.

Her step father had told her that music wasn't for Jedi, but she wasn't going to let something she loved go away just because someone told her she couldn't be the someone she wanted to be. She could still be a Jedi in the mean time. She just lived two lives at the same time and went with it. As she came into the city, she found a spot that had some people walking around the area and decided to set up there. Kaelan always carried her lightsabers with her wherever she went, so people were somewhat used to seeing the lightsabers.

Kaelan set out her violin case in case anyone wanted to throw money for her and then she tuned her violin and started the first song. People started coming from pretty much everywhere as she started playing music. Kaelan also danced, spinning and doing graceful, quick pirouettes. She was good and she drew attention quickly.
~ [member="Cedric Grayson"] ~

The red cowl hid him particularly well.

Cedric Grayson lingered near the center of the crowd, gray eyes peering out from behind the thin veneer of his hood. His arms were tucked about his chest, his form standing out rather strongly from the rest of the crowd. The majority swayed with the rhythm of the music - Cedric remained still. Some called out words of cheer, and found themselves shushed by other that wished to simply enjoy the music. Others threw forth alms and other offerings to girl with the violin.

The youth remained utterly motionless. He took in the music for what it was, dissected it in his mind, and contented himself with further exposure to such noise. It was uncommon to his ears. The sounds of gothic instruments were often played within the halls of Ession, not this upbeat music.

He decided that he liked it, and it was then that he approached. Like a predator on the prowl, Cedric pushed his way through the crowds. He did so in such a way as to cause little fuss, and found himself at the foot of the would-be stage shortly thereafter.

Gray eyes flickered upward to meet the girl's own. His visage shifted as they did so; his lips pressed into a thin smile that held a kernel of warmth to it. His presence within the ethereal realm stretched forward as well, likely touching the woman's mind just as he turned.

In silence, Cedric marched over to the side of the stage, out of sight and out of mind. The mental contact had been brief, but it was obvious enough. The girl that had come to his city was a Jedi, and one most certainly worth watching.

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

Kaelan noticed that she had been drawing quite a bit of attention. Some people threw credits into her case while she danced across her "stage". Others cheered, stood and listened and some were even tapping a foot, catching the beat to her music. Kaelan always found it interesting what music did to people. It made people feel or do many different things. Sometimes it was a confidence builder, or it worked as comfort. There were so many uses for music, that it could truly physically and scientifically be considered as life. It was a living, breathing creature that lived on it's own and spoke all languages, differences and similarities. Music brought people together.

It wasn't until closer to the ending of the song, that she sensed someone trying to reach out to her. Kaelan had to look real quick to see who it was and her eyes lead her to a young man in a robe. Was he a Jedi? No... no he was much darker than a Jedi. Though he possessed a warmth about him. Seeing his smile, she returned it, finishing up the last two minutes of her song. When she finally finished, she lifted her bow into the air as everyone cheered. Then, taking a bow, she set her violin down for a second and grabbed a drink of water. Then remembering the young man that had caught her eye, the 19 year old Kaelan walked over to him just to see who he was.

​"Hello. I saw you come mid-performance. I hope you enjoyed it. My name is Kaelan."

she told him. She was curious as to who he was at all. So Kaelan played the nice guy to answer her own questions.

He'd been content to leave things at that.

There were a number of force sensitives in the capital city - more than one would normally expect in all honesty. Such tended to happen when one did not ostracize entire groups for the actions of singular people, and so the world flourished.

Even still, Cedric had never come across anyone using their talents for the sake of music. Then again, perhaps this girl wasn't so much calling upon the force's assistance as her own raw skill. There was little way to tell given his current position in the crowd.

Their eyes met, and then they didn't.

The Archlord turned to take his leave. She spoke.

"I did. We don't have many live performances in this side of town. Most folks are too busy for that kind of recreation, with the crusades and the like," he murmured, turning to face the young woman. Gray eyes peered out from the hem of his cowl. "I'm Cedric. The way you move is interesting; creative even."

The crowds dispersed somewhat, though Cedric paid them no mind.

"Are you here for a short trip, or is this a tour?"

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

Kaelan had a curious mind. It took her into all aspects of life. She was spontaneous when it came to her curiosity. It drove her to do things her heart wouldn't necessarily do. She was shy at times, but then it was like someone completely different was inside of her and made her do things she technically wouldn't do. Like now, she generally wouldn't be talking to this young man right now, but her curiosity had gotten the better of her.

Her playing music was to be considered a gift. When she found her violin, her caretaker had told her that music was not for a Jedi and that she was to rid the violin immediately. He never would understand her though. Anytime she had the chance, she picked up the violin and played.The minute she picked it up and played, it seemed as if she was a natural. Now that she was on her own, not that she didn't appreciate her teachings, it made it easier for her to live the life she wished to live.

Kaelan knew that their eyes had met. She just knew it. It was just that simple connection that had been slight, but memorable enough that it seemed to last for more than a few seconds. Kaelan noticed that as she spoke he had been turning to leave, but when she spoke, he stopped and turned to talk.

"I can tell.. they seemed very engaged with my music. I take it nothing too interesting happens here since they were so attached to what I was doing.. And thank you. I've been practicing ever since I found my violin out in my yard. It was old and I was told not to play, but I polished it up and practiced since I was very young."

she responded. Memories came to her as they spoke. She remembered being told that she couldn't play due to the role that she'd be taking. No reason had been given. She was then pulled from them as she heard him asking a question.

"It was technically meant to be a short trip, but as I go it's turned into a tour."

she said. It was true. Kaelan had been hopping around planets to see where she could stay to build her career, but she hadn't found the right place yet. She felt that she had, but things had come up and she had to move on. She hadn't lost contact with the friend she had made though. Kaelan would go back sometime soon.

It seemed that people were just drawn to him, or perhaps it was the other way around. It was hard to tell with the way things went: whether it was either his own curiosity that brought such unique characters into his life, or whether they sought him out instead. For the young Cedric, it was the question for the ages, and as the quirky girl he'd come across began to explain things about her violin, he found himself growing rather curious. Even enraptured, one might say.

"Sounds like the start to some particularly interesting book," the youth mused as he sat down on the edge of the fountain stationed right in the center of town. People passed the duo in massive throngs, but none paid them any mind. They were an island in a sea of movement.

"Perhaps I'll see more of you about Dominion space then," he muttered, a hint of amusement lacing his words.

"Is it your skill that allows you to play, or the influence of the ethereal?" He asked suddenly, gray eyes shifting upward to meet her own. There was no accusation in his gaze, only honest curiosity. "I can feel it. The great ocean swirls about you as if you were some hurricane. Had you been born here before the war, the elders might have made you a seer." He huffed a laugh, "Funny how fate works."

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

It wasn't too common for Kaelan, but some people found her fairly well. Perhaps it was because she was starting to make a break through on her career; most people knew her through her music. She had been traveling more recently as she had told Cedric, so it was more common for people to recognize her. But it seemed she discovered all types of people. They could be Sith or other Jedi like herself. Kaelan never knew. As she continued speaking, she noticed that he seemed to become a little more interested in her as she spoke.

Hearing the first thing he said Kaelan giggled, watching as he sat down on the water fountain. There was something about him that she found familiar, but she couldn't put a finger on it.. the force was trying to tell her something.

"Who knows.. maybe someone's writing it and I just don't know it yet."

she responded with another giggle. His next question put her into a deep thought for a second. A moment passed and she snapped back to reality responding to his question.

"I wouldn't be surprised. It's in my line of travel. You could probably expect me over that way in at most a week's time. It all depends on who pulls me aside for a private concert or what other places I run into along the way."

she said. It was common for people to recognize her and ask her to play a song. Kaelan loved people like this, but sometimes she was in such a hurry, that she just gave them an autograph and a personalized CD that she carried with her before heading on her way. Kaelan grabbed her violin and case and brought it closer to her while they were speaking. What he asked next puzzled her though. It was a good question as it was one she hadn't heard before. Their eyes met as she let him finish his question.

"That is a very good question. To answer one question, yes I am force sensitive, but no, I learned how to play the violin without the help of the force. I knew very little at the time and I prefer to keep it as clean and unedited as possible."

she responded. Kaelan preferred to keep her music without the help of anything to make it sound better. The instrument was made the way it was for a reason and she had no reason to change what it already was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom