Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enemies by Duty

For once, Curtis was at peace. He was taking time away from his power-hungry search, time which he could spend attuning himself to the darkside. He had found a comfortable spot on the 4th moon of Yavin, away from prying eyes but not completely hidden. Most of the last few months had been spent running from planet to planet, taking or earning knowledge and power, as well as discussing philosophy of the force with a variety of people. Unfortunately he hadn't fought many people, seemed like everyone avoided that, himself included in some cases. But taking this time to evaluate his past was useful.

He wasn't just there for that reason though. He was there because there was someone he wanted to meet, someone close to a teacher of his. He had sent the message, with coordinates to the man. Whether they arrived or not, was a different matter. If they didn't, he'd track them down. One named echoed through his mind as he prepared himself.

Zambrano

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Zambrano. It had been unfortunate for Kahlil to be born under the name. He was not like his brothers and sisters. Violence, anger, they were all things he didn't want to control his life. He wanted to help people, protect those who couldn't protect themselves. The young man never hid who he was, but it wasn't often someone called him out for who his father was. Well, publicly. He'd had assassins come after him before.

So he went to Yavin to answer the summons. Whoever this was who knew his name wouldn't give up he felt. Kahlil stepped out of his own ship into the tall forest, glancing around. He'd meet this stranger soon enough.

[member="Curtis Learchin"]

Curtis spied the ship as it crested the top of the forest and landed a mile or so away. Someone had come, if it was who he thought it was, then things were about to become interesting. Standing and grasping his swordstaff, he begun his trek towards the landing sight. It would be a good day, he could feel it.

The sun began to set as he neared the ship, spying a man standing in the clearing. He looked young, not much older than Curtis, but skinnier and with white hair. A striking appearance to be sure. He seemed to be a mirror image of Curtis in a way, what he himself would look like if he followed the light. That wouldn't happen though, not for a long time anyway.

Stepping out from the treeline, Curtis approached slowly, fully in view. He said nothing, waiting instead to see how the man responded.

"You called me here. Why?" As soon as [member="Curtis Learchin"] came into view the young man went on the defensive. Kahlil visibly tensed, ready for some sort of attack. But he kept his tone civil, and his hands away from his weapon. Who ever this man was, if they wanted to fight they would of just attacked as soon as the young Jedi came into view. They hadn't, so for now he'd just prepare in case it would.

It was clear he was some sort of Sith. He could feel the dark. Maybe not a Sith, but who else would call out a Zambrano?

The man addressed him almost immediately, like he'd expected someone to emerge. Curtis had no problem with that, the whole point was for him to meet the man who shared the same last name as one of his teachers.

"Because you're interesting, and I've done my homework." Curtis stated, stopping a few feet away from [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]. He observed his change in stance and smiled. A fight between them was likely, but the buildup was the fun part, the drum roll before the finale. "Joycelyn Zambrano, you know her?" He knew the answer, but he felt that having him say it would cause pain, perhaps even doubt.

Curtis was playing with his prey, and he was enjoying it.

"You know I do. Are you here to kill me? Gain some favor with your Emperor by getting rid of a disobedient child? Or were you ordered like a dog?" Kahlil almost spat out his words. [member="Curtis Learchin"] was clearly only here to taunt the young Jedi, and he had no intention of playing along. Not when it was about his family. Still, he wasn't going to fight if he didn't have to.

"Just turn back now, and we don't have to fight. No one has to get hurt."

"Ordered? No no, I'm not one to follow orders from a faceless Emperor that I've never met. Your sister though, she I have met. How do you think she'd react if I brought her rebellious brother to her?" Curtis retorted, and spun his swordstaff around his front, holding it at a diagonal angle, blade pointed to the sky. He'd noted his lightsaber, and knew that his first move would be to grab it.

Combat was likely, but not preferable. A lightsaber would cut through his staff, and his only backup was the force.

"You realize our father is the Emperor, right?" A grim smile took over the features of Kahlil. [member="Curtis Learchin"] wasn't here to kill him. He was here to capture the Zambrano and bring him to Joycelyn of all people. That, would be bad. Maybe as bad as being brought to the Emperor. The young man pulled free his saber, letting the blue blade burn into existence as he stared down the Acolyte.

"You can still turn back. My sister doesn't need to know about this. We don't have to fight."

"I think we both know that we do." Curtis said, before bolting forward with savage intent. Summoning lightning at the tips of his fingers, he sent a current of it towards [member="Kahlil Zambrano"], following it up with a downwards slash from the blade of his staff.

Combat. Finally. It had been a long time since he had fought someone of skill. Maybe this would finally be the day.

"Show me what the son of the Emperor can do."

"Well, here's hoping we can still be friends by the end." With the knowledge [member="Curtis Learchin"] had no desire to turn back Kahlil forced a grin. Better to look like he was smiling then let the fear be shown to a Sith. He took a shaky breath to steady his nerves as his foe closed in. Lightning was something he knew, if he hadn't experienced in some time. He brought his saber forward in a quick swipe upwards, catching the energy and sending it overhead and away.

Of course, that left him open to the slash. He stepped to the side, gritting his teeth behind his smile as the blade bit flesh. It wasn't a deep cut, but the feeling of blood dripping from his shoulder wasn't something he appreciated. Why was it no one used plasma based weapons anymore? He actually missed cauterized wounds. The young Jedi continued to backpedal away, keeping his saber in a single handed grip for defense before lifting the other. A simple blast of the Force to send Curtis back, keep the space.

Curtis grinned with sadistic glee as the blood dripped from his opponent's shoulder, the crimson liquid sliding down the blade of his weapon. The problem with his weapon was that is was almost too offensive to be used in a defensive manner, and so when the force push connected, Curtis staggered backwards.

A slight grunt escaped his mouth as he righted himself and began to circle [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]. His stance was defensive, it was clear that he didn't wish to fight, nor was he going to come quietly. The blade of the swordstaff now pointed towards the ground, Curtis let the force flow through him. The arena they fought in was littered with stones, and using the force he gripped a handful, sending them flying towards the young Jedi.

That was more what he was use to. Kahlil could keep himself calm. Just a deep breath, focus. Soresu, eye of the storm. As the rocks came flying he began to move, slipping through the assault with small subtle movements as his lightsaber took care of any rock that would of hit him without much more effort on his side. Conserve energy, make the opponent work. He let out his breath as he stopped moving, his gaze focusing on [member="Curtis Learchin"] .

"You're blade isn't Sith. I can cut it apart. You should turn back."

"My blade? I think you're mistaken." Curtis retorted, staff pointing towards the boy before spinning it back around. The battle was going well, all things considered. But Curtis knew that what [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] said wasn't completely false. The blade would be fine, but the shaft? That was wood, and that could be broken.

With a spit, he rushed forward, jabbing forward with the staff as if it were a spear. It connected with the lightsaber, sparking slightly but staying completely intact. A smile reached his lips as Curtis rotated the blade of the staff in an effort to disarm the man.

Kahlil quickly swiped his blade, fully expecting to carve right through [member="Curtis Learchin"] 's blade in the same motion. He blinked in surprise as the weapons connected and the Sith's weapon held. Chit. I shouldn't of assumed. Before he knew it his lightsaber was wrenched from his grasp, tossed casually aside. That was bad. Really bad. The young man jumped back and away, holding his hands up defensively as he was certain his foe would capitalize on his now lack of defense.

"Coward! Maybe I should've expected it from the boy who ran away." Curtis taunted, but he didn't press his attack. Instead, he reached out with the force, pulling the now fallen lightsaber to his own hand. [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] could do the same, but if he didn't, the lightsaber would fly into Curtis's hand.

"You fight well Jedi, better than most of your kind. Still hanging onto the darkness are we?" His goal had been to capture the boy, kill him if needed. But if he could corrupt him, bring him back as an acolyte of darkness once more... Well, he would be up for a rise in status. He would gain power and reputation as a hunter.

He was prepared to do whatever was needed for that.

Kahlil narrowed his eyes at [member="Curtis Learchin"] as he spoke, but forced a smile at the same time. It was an odd expression, but there was meaning for it. No mater what danger he faced, he'd always do so with a smile. "Careful, Sith. You don't want to get too cocky." His Lightsaber flew towards Curtis, not because Kahlil wasn't trying to get it back though. As the smooth cylinder got close to the Sith's hand the Jedi rushed forward and waved his hand.

The blue of his Lightsaber would then erupt from it's hilt as he used the Force not only to turn it on, but to send it into a spin towards the Sith.

The lightsaber activated, and as it swung, Curtis raised his other hand, the blade clashing against the lightsaber resistant gauntlet that sat on his right hand. At this point, he was physically resisting both the blade and the force, and it was taking its toll on him. He grunted, teeth gritted, feet sliding further into the dirt.

"You got me there." He replied, oddly sarcastic and with a smile on his face. Then he quickly dropped, the saber flying over his head. Reaching out with the force, Curtis sent the blade end of his staff careening towards [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] like a javelin, with a bolt of electricity close behind the swordstaff.

The fight was nearing its end, he could feel it.

Deep breaths. Stay calm. [member="Curtis Learchin"] is off balance now. Use that. Kahlil kept his charge forward, his eyes scanning the incoming weapon and attack. The real danger was the lightning. The ex-Sith knew full well how powerful that could be. But, it came with an opportunity. The smile widened as he gritted his teeth, and he jumped the remaining distance forward.

"You won't bring be back there!" His torso twisted midair as the spear like weapon cut by. His shirt was shredded, and a deep line of red burned into the back of the young man's mind. There was pain, but it wasn't going to stop him. Then the lightning hit. The electricity coursed through his body, causing him to spasm for just a moment. But it had no where to go with Kahlil in the air.

He had already planned for that, however.

One punch was all it would take. Connect with the Sith, and use his lightning against him. The lightning danced across Kahlil's arm as he focused it, and he brought his fist across to slam into Curtis's face.

The swordstaff connected only just, causing the anger within him to swell even more. And then he saw it, the lightning, his lightning, being used against him in such a disgraceful way. Its pure power had been changed, and that was it.

"Your lose." He muttered, and at that moment he realised all his anger, like [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]'s sister had taught him. He focused it into his own hand, projecting the force outwards as his hand connected with his opponents. The two force powers collided, and would've reacted violently for both of them.

The backlash was far greater then Kahlil was prepared for. No, it wasn't backlash. [member="Curtis Learchin"] had countered with his own strength. Damnit. The blast that erupted sent the young man soaring backwards, where he'd land on the ground with a grunt of pain. It was his arm that hurt more however. The first he had used to manipulate the lightning was charred black, a terrible burn throughout it.

He hollered in pain, thrashing on the ground as he tried to drag himself away. The pain, it was mind numbing. But he needed to calm down. Needed to regain control. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Focus. Curtis might be just as hurt, but if he isn't then Kahlil is in deep trouble. He gritted his teeth as he pushed himself to his feet, cradling the arm against his chest. He had to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom