Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[ENDGAME] Chandrila: A Call for Wolves

Eldaah Aderyn said:
While the world had received [member="Coren Starchaser"]'s message, Chandrila was in no state to assist. The Order of Shadows operatives had damaged the primary communications and Holonet hub to the world, but grainy images and cries for help would reach the Jedi Master as the planet was gripped by chaos... and then worse.

The images would reveal a horrifying and familiar sight to the Jedi Master and those loyal to him. Sithspawn, entire hordes of the beasts were pouring onto the world from Sith ships that arrived in system. Menacers and Marauders prowled space above the planet, attacking any ship that was not exuding the dark side, including any ships trying to evacuate refugees. If it was not fast enough to jump to hyperspace, the spawn and Order of Shadows controlled ships would deal with them.

Wyverns and Cobras shrieked in the skies, engaging hastily scrambled loyalist fighters and people on the streets or rooftops. On the ground, Ravagers, Festerers, Behemoths, Blighters, Rupturers, and Horde Mothers attacked. It was a slaughter, pure and simple, and the Order of Shadows was commanding the symphony of destruction. A Jedi stationed in the world was repeatedly trying to raise the lead Sentinel, the sounds of monsters and his comms.

"We are under attack! Requesting... AHHHH!"

Entropy will be dissipated, idiocy will be punished, the weak will die.
If the regime refuses to bow to this law, the wolves will enforce it.
Social Darwinism is not a choice societies get to make, but a system of real consequences that envelops them.
-N. Land

KELDABE TYPE III BATTLESHIP 'ICEWIND'
EXITING HYPERSPACE OVER CHANDRILA

The bridge still stank from the refit that made chairs and controls suitable for the Whiphid species. All through this battleship, there wasn't a single human to be found. The lighting had shifted to a flat tundra white; the temperature was far lower than a human could find comfortable. Whiphid warriors, veterans of many spaceborne raids in capital frigates, crewed this ship from stem to stern. A Tyuksleen, a reptilian Sithspawn of Velok's creation, paced hungrily beside his command chair.

He was proud of the Tyuksleen, always had been, but he knew his limits. Someone out there, some Sith Lord he didn't know, had just flooded the Chandrila system with a dozen kinds of similarly unknown Sithspawn. Preliminary sensor readings indicated incredible biodiversity. This ship had powerful tractor beams and mindbogglingly comprehensive containment measures designed to hold Sith Lords. Time to start sampling.

<<Down through the clouds,>> Velok ordered in his native language, and his experienced Whiphid crew complied efficiently.

The Icewind, weapons live but untargeted, slid into the atmosphere of Chandrila. Tractor beams snagged the occasional Cobra or Wyvern out of the air, but the true bounty was on the surface, and that took proximity.

alaris+prime.png
The Alaris Expanse | Silver Jedi Space
There was a great disturbance in the Force.

Amber eyes snapped open. The young, violet-haired Pantoran was seated in the rustic surroundings of the forest temple that had been cobbled together on the ass-end of Kashyyyk space.

To be quite honest, it was a moment before the youngling could work through just what he felt. Ordinarily, he was so suffocated with the presence of the Jedi that the only time he felt the Dark Side of the Force was when he was doing something to act on it.

What he felt now was a tremor in the Force. Something he hadn't felt since he'd been in the presence of the Supreme Leader. It was darkness that ran deep. It roused him from his meditations, the thinly veiled attempts at blocking out the sensation of a thousand light-sided needles poking at him from all sides.

Winding through the lower level, the boy arrived at the communications center. From the mood in the room, he gathered that all was not well. On the map at the center of the room, several sectors were noticeably missing.

Not the least of which was Coruscant at the center.

The Silver Jedi were censoring the data feed to the Alaris Temple. There was something happening and the Jedi didn't want the trainees out in the Alaris Expanse to know what it was.

"There's a transmission coming in," one of the other trainees noted. Moving a step closer to where she sat in front of the tracking board, the Pantoran was close enough to hear the burst of static that came over the speakers.

"We are under attack! Requesting... AHHHH!"

The young Sithspawn leaned forward slightly, listening intently. He'd been able to discern the sound of blasters, but something else. Something... beastial. "Where is that transmission originating from?"

"Chandrila," the trainee remarked, but even as she did it seemed as though the computer were blocking her attempts at gathering any more data than that. "But all information about Chandrila has just been restricted."

The Pantoran turned his head. On the map, another sector went dark.

It seemed as though whatever was happening on Chandrila was subject to the Silver Jedi's parental controls. At least so far as they were concerned here.

Luckily, Boo didn't just rely on the good graces of the Jedi for his resources. Pivoting on his heel, the youngling started making his way toward the hangar. As he did, a wristlink was brought closer to his head as he spoke. "ArThree, get the Equinox ready to launch."

For some reason, the One Sith never got around to installing parental controls on that.

"Where are you going?" he heard the trainee call out from behind him.

Spinning on his heel, continuing toward the exit as he now walked backward, the blue-skinned Primeval devil smiled as he chimed, "I'm afraid all information about that has just been restricted."

Kilum Bralor
Target: Jeho Browen. Dead.
Allies: The Sith Empire/Enemies: All others
People always used to talk about the galaxy going to hell.

He'd never thought he'd see it with his own eyes. As Kilum descended towards Chandrila, he reminisced on why he was even here. It was for a private client within Sith Imperial space, but he'd been given some kind of badge; it was an old one, some kind of Sith artifact that didn't do anything but exuded the Dark Side, apparently. He was told that he'd be needing it, so he should take it along in one of the pouches on his belt at all times. He made sure to do that, and figured he could always pull it out to identify himself if it really came down to that, though he was really hoping it wouldn't. A standoff with a Sith wasn't why he was here, after all.

"Analytics." Within a scant moment, a small screen appeared above where he was staring out the viewport, Ravage's red mask-like face appearing as Chandrila's skyline came into view. There were all kinds of Sithspawn horrors and dark side aberrations hunting in the skies, and Kilum was glad he'd been given this badge; he assumed it was part of making sure the creatures knew he was on their side, or at least working for the guys on their side. Getting onto the surface would've definitely been inconvenient if these things decided to get in his way, he knew that much. Just about the last thing he needed was more delays on this target's death.

Ravage began to speak, the deep robotic monotone filling the cockpit. "Jeho Browen. Twi'lek. Quarry is a high-ranking military officer within Galactic Alliance Defense Force, assigned to Chandrila. Unknown relation to client, who specifies death. Personally, I agree. Only death is suitable for loyalists to such infantile organisations. Based on service history and commendation, I recommend long range elimination." Close quarters fighter, then? The diagnostics came up across the screen, going quickly over Browen's service history and awards, including killing a Sith in hand-to-hand combat, somehow. Dangerous man that he was, Bralor knew he was getting paid extra if he took part in the general razing of this world. Not usually his style; a bit messy, but credits were credits. Credits made the galaxy go round.

Atrisia

Something has gone terribly wrong.

Cedric Grayson sat alone at the center of the ruined battlefield. It was early morning on Atrisia, and he'd taken to the usual meditations that he'd always started his day with. The Jedi Knight had sought some semblance of comfort in those meditations; a break from the near constant presence of the Dark Side that lingered all around him.

He did not feel that comfort today.

The warning had come almost the moment he'd closed his eyes. He saw a world set aflame, its inhabitants ripped apart by the eldritch monstrosities the Sith called their spawn. It was a world he had visited many times as a child.

"Cenric!" The Jedi Knight shot up to his feet, the sudden movement making him dizzy as he stumbled over to the encampment. His gaze fell upon his padawan. "Something has happened. I don't know what, but the Galactic Alliance is in trouble. We don't have time to call for the rest of our people - we need to move." The knight's tone brooked no disagreement.

The Rebel Alliance fleet was busy preparing itself on the other side of the galaxy. They could not afford to leave their dockings until the fleet was fully retrofitted; a fact that Cedric couldn't find it in himself to ignore. If the fleet was dispatched now then they were all going to perish at the hands of the Sith Armada. The rebels had no choice but to sit back and watch as their allies were torn asunder by a Sith advance.

But he was here, and so was his student. Two Jedi could accomplish great things if they set their minds to a single purpose. Adopting such a mindset, the knight did not wait to start donning his armor.

"It's Chandrila," he explained through hurried breaths. "I don't know what's happening there, but the force granted me a vision. It needs us to go. We'll leave the camp as it is - it'll be waiting for us when we return."

If we return.

[member="Cenric Marus"]

Atrisia
[member="Cedric Grayson"]

"Uhmm." Cenric dropped the old rotted wood that he had been holding, having spent the last hour or so gathering it in case they needed to add to the campfire. "Okay."

It was clear that the Padawan had absolutely no idea what was going on. Unlike his Master Cenric hadn't been granted a vision, hell he hadn't even been granted a notion within the force. The young man was not at all powerful in the ways of spiritualism, and only recently had he managed to actually use the technique force pull for the first time. It was a big achievement, though it had been followed up by some unpleasantness right after. Still, he had no idea what was going on.

"I'll grab my lightsaber." Technically it was still a training saber, but the weapon had served him well so far.

Cedric had told him they would eventually venture to one of the crystal mines spotted throughout the galaxy, but he doubted that would be any time soon. Especially now. Rushing across the camp Cenric darted to his bag and scooped it up, grabbing only small essentials such as his Saber, a spare blaster, and some of the grenades that they had brought just in case. He frowned for a moment, wondering what the hell was going on but decided not to ask.

Far be it for him to question the whims of the force, or Cedric for that matter.

It seemed the galaxy was keen on setting itself on fire.

Had he been operating off of his own sense of logic, the knight might have understood that Atrisia was as much a target as any world. As things were, the religious fervor that drove Cedric to such a panic was all consuming. The force had told him to go to Chandrila, and so he would. The matter was a simple one.

"I was meditating, and I felt something horrid," he began to explain as their shuttle's drives spooled up. "That feeling was accompanied by a few choice images, one of those being Chandrila in particular. I don't know what's arrived there, only that we're needed." It was difficult to explain the force's call. It was a rare thing, and one few had the privilege to experience in a lifetime. That Cedric had received such a visitation was enough for the knight to drop everything and get moving without much prior planning.

He wasted little time in slipping into the shuttle's cockpit. "We'll have comms back once we've broken through the upper atmosphere," he mumbled, more to calm his own nerves than explain anything to Cenric. His padawan was made of sterner stuff than most, even if he himself did not know it yet. It was why the knight had chosen for Cenric to become his student - the two had been cut from a similar cloth.

In an attempt to lighten the mood, Cedric flashed his student a confident smile. "I was wanting a vacation from this place anyway. You ready?"

[member="Cenric Marus"]

WHIPHID KELDABE TYPE THREE BATTLESHIP 'ICEWIND'
CHANDRILA - LOW ATMOSPHERE

<<Youngest, oversee the hunt.>>

<<Yes, Grandsire.>> Velok the Youngest, nine hundred pounds of hairy muscle, settled into his grandfather's command chair. The Youngest lacked some degree of proper ferocity -- he was a mechanic by trade -- but he'd acquitted himself well in any number of engagements. He would do the job and do it well. Velok patted his grandson's shoulder in approval and shuffled into the bridge turbolift.

In short order he reached the detention area. Several multilayered cells already held Sithspawn he'd never seen before, in varying degrees of unconsciousness. Ion cannons would put living creatures into a coma, and Whiphid fists would knock out just about anything. The captured Sithspawn fell into two or three categories. One was a two-mouthed shrimp with bat wings. The tail-end mouth drooled something that looked like an armor-piercing spike. Both mouths snored furiously. The second creature, bulkier and almost crablike, was still designed to fly. The third was either a smaller or younger version of the second. The remains of a medical droid lay scattered inside one of the cells. Other droids slotted tissue samples into analysis machines.

No matter how much they revealed, though, medical science could only explain a Sithspawn halfway.

Velok stretched out to the Dark Side of the Force and began to get a sense of the creatures' nature and inclinations. A younger Whiphid urged him aside. Thee ship's internal cargo tractor beams guided a new creature in from the hall and plopped it in a shielded cell.

<<What kind of beasts are these, warleader?>>

<<I have no idea. Consider them art by the greatest painter or singer you ever knew.>>

Objective: Survive Really
Equipment: Armor, Sasha, Blaster Rifle, Pistol, and Relay Droids

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-ccdhXuetY[/video]

Standing at the entrance to a recreation center at the park Jaster carried the body of a Ravager over his head and throw it at a near by Festerer that was trying to burrow away. With the new somewhat friendly force now on top of it, it moved to spray acid at the Ravager who landed on it. In return the Ravager struck down on the hard shell of the other beast under it. While the two creatures were distracted, a larger force of 3 Ravagers and 2 Festerers moved in with one of Jasters flanks covered by the two beast attempting to get up. From behind the helmet of the Mandalorian Warrior smiled as the first Revager struck out at him and attempted to strike a claw at him. He pushed in closer and drew his Side Arm and emptied the clip into the under-jaw of the beast where he saw it was weaker. Knowing it had pierced the central spinal column of the creature and it could not move. He let the Ravager fall on him and activated his Exo-Skelleton to full power to carry the weight. The near by Festerer attempted to spit acid at him, but he used the body of the dead beast to shield himself in a spin where he used that time to reload the side arm.

As the dead Ravager hit the floor he fell with it and used it as a barrier to fight off the Sith Spawn. Once he felt like he got them to back off to a minimal distance he reached behind him and picked up Sasha, a weapon he picked up while serving for the Republic Remnant. Standing up and unloading its massive load onto the Sith Spawn to clear the door. In a matter of second and possible 1000 blaster bolts later, the last of the Beast were dead on the ground. Along with those dead Spawn were ten Galactic Alliance Security Personal who were protecting the position with him. "I hope it was as fun for you as it was for me."

Three Security Personal in ripped uniforms and bandages on exposed parts of their body exited the entrance and stood with him, "Mando, the captain wants to see you."

Great, he placed Sasha on the dead Ravager and kicked one of the three power cell boxes next to the door. "Running low on ammo, us her sparingly." He entered the building. The halls were filled with refugees looking to get away from the chaos, in each of the large reception room where set up armories, but most where converted to medical rooms for those who were injured. In the center of the building was a make shift command center for the split off GA Command Units. There was too much interference with all the communications for the central command unit to really get orders around. This was apparently one of hundreds of command centers around the planet. Jaster walked up to the person he knew was the Captain, a Female Twi'lek with green skin and tattoos on her face, or possible that was her skin. "Captain Sezera, I took care of your bug problem at the door, so can we move these people to my ship at the Dockyards?"

The women turned to him with a face of a million calculations going through her head, "Thanks Jaster, lucky for us you were in the area, however, I do not have the man power to get all these people to the dockyards in one peace, plus we heard reports that the Dockyard had been blown up and are lost."

Jaster rolled one of his Relay Droids on the table, "Been talking to my men at the Dock Yards, killed some turn coat GA Soldiers and a Jedi holding a red light stick, they are currently holding off the beast, but all my pilots were killed at a bar that GA Pilots regular, I need those of your men who can still move to get to my carrier and shoot these damn bugs out of the sky to blast a hole in the skies so I can call in another Carrier group," He placed his hands on the table and looked at her, "You have 300 souls in this building, no AA, limited Ammo, and maybe 20 Security personal and those 13 pilots armed with side arms and batons, get them to the dock yard and ill open my armory to you all and we can hold out till my corporate forces can get into the system."

She thought for a second and looked to some of her other officer. It was a good plan and so she nodded to Jaster. With that nod, Jaster signed, and within a blink of an eye, be pulled his side arm out and shot three of the near by GA Officers right between the eyes below the helmet protection. The other Officers pulled out their weapons and screams could be heard from the hall outside. All weapons were trained on him and the Captain pulled away from the table, "What the Hell is wrong with you Jaster!"

The Mandalorian walked over to one of the female Human Dead officers and picked her pockets for a devise not from the GA Military. "My troopers ran a communications search of those turn coats, these three were on that terminal relaying your position, its how I found you, had to make sure you were not one of them and someone looking to save people are not with them," he stood up, "Shall we go?"

The Captain looked at the dead female, "Sarah, no...." She leaned on the table with her head down, "What is happening to the Alliance, I was there when she her fiance proposed," She stood there for a second. "Okay Jaster, I will follow your lead."

equinox_03.png
"I believe in Balagoth, second of Sargon, the Dead One. In his shadow, that which is corruptible shall be reclaimed."

Alone in the cockpit, the young Pantoran spent the time transiting through hyperspace as a moment to meditate on the mystery of faith. Unlike his meditations among the Jedi, here, in the dead of space, he could let down the walls that kept contained the miasma of the Dark Side that permeated his Sithspawn form. Revel in the cold and find time alone in which to commune with the gods.

The Sith could never appreciate religion. Only power.

The Jedi couldn't fathom the true practice of religion. They thought of themselves as a Holy Order, but the Jedi were more about the act of being Jedi than they were the mysteries of the Force. Closed-minded, they were often intimidated by such mysteries, preferring to cast the Force as something easily classified in shades of black and white.

The Primeval worshipped Sargon in all aspects of glory, the light and the dark, and the many varied shades of color that were in-between.

Secluded to one side of the cockpit section, the blue-skinned boy knelt prostrate on the grated metal floor. Between his hands was the intricate string of prayer beads which had been wrapped around his left wrist. A heavy crystal icon hung at one end, with beads of gem, ore, or bone suspended on the strand. Round and round the religious wheel went in his hands, as the mimicking the spin of the galactic disk. As each bead passed between his thumb and forefinger, it brought the child's devotion to another rote prayer. "I believe in Halrormalenth, third of Sargon, the Broken Creator. His voice is the evidence of things seen and unseen."

The bead passed through the fingers. The string drawn taut, as a larger piece of bone arrived next at his fingertips. "The first mystery is the mystery of faith," the boy whispered, head bowed as he uttered, "I believe in the Primeval, the Host Lord, and the words of the Prophet. I wait for the Reclamation, when the stars shall give up their dead and all things will be re-made."

Three links of chain, followed by a star sapphire. "Hail Nogras, full of light. Blessed are you among Creation and blessed is the light of your stars. Holy Starmaker, light the way for we who dwell in darkness, now and at the hour of our death." A pause, in which the youngling made a gesture symbolic of genuflecting toward one's gods. Then again. "Hail Nogras, full of light. Blessed are you among Creation..."

The child paused. He felt a tremor, but not through the Force.

This was physical. The indication that the hyperdrive was going off-line. The ship was reverting back to normal space.

Above where the youngling lay, prostrating himself, the mottled sea of hyperspace shifted. The tunnels of color began muted shades of gray, until there was only pure white. The white separated into strands, revealing a black backdrop. The stands became pearls. Solitary points of light against the familiar darkness of space. Worlds. Moons. Asteroids. All suspended against the heavens.

They had arrived at the Chandrila System.

The boy had sent a message to [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] shortly before the Equinox had made the jump to lightspeed, including in it the snippet of a distress call that had caused him to investigate what might be happening on the world below.

Doubtless Ser Scruffy would come to the same conclusion that Boo had.

People were in trouble. Someone had to help.

Atrisia
[member="Cedric Grayson"]

"I'm ready." Cenric was hardly equipped to run head-long into battle, but then again he supposed that wasn't really his decision.

His master had been training him to fight, to stand against the Sith, and that was apparently what they were about to do. Cedric had been rather scarce on the details, but he figured if there was enough urgency to peel themselves away from this world then there was enough urgency to get going. Hefting his pack Cenric fell into step behind his master, the two Jedi quickly making their way through the barren landscape and heading towards their ship.

He frowned for a moment. "We can try to pick up a long-range signal."

Cenric wasn't exactly the best when it came to technology. The hands of a farm-boy weren't really meant to manipulate computers and keyboards, but some of the others at the Temple had taught him a thing or two when he'd been there. Among them were certain techniques to boost signal transponders. A way of getting certain channels you wouldn't normally get.

"Might be able to tell what's going on." He suggested as they boarded the craft.

"Sounds like a plan," Cedric muttered distractedly as he completed the pre-flight process. He waited for Cenric to strap in, and not a moment longer. The seconds the padawan was secure, the shuttle's engines roared to life. It lifted a few meters from the ground, tilted back on its repulsors to point its engines toward the planet, and flew forward. It only took a few moments for the speedy craft to reach the planet's upper atmosphere.

A myriad of messages flashed across the vessel's comm system the moment they hit open space. Cedric took a few moments to glance over them before sending the ship into hyperspace. He only skimmed what was available, but as far as he could tell, it seemed like the entirety of the alliance was in trouble.

"Locking Chandrila into the Navcomp," the knight turned to see what his padawan was doing, "What's it saying?"

[member="Cenric Marus"]

This was not a very good day. In fact, if he felt for some reason like making of list of bad days, this would almost certainly be in the the top five. And it had started out so promisingly too! Get paid a semi-exorbitant amount to stand behind some fancy blue lady at some fancy event. These were Kalbs favourite jobs. Look big, glare, growl occasionally and get paid for it! Plus there had been little nibblies, which while barely more than a taste each, had nonetheless been delicious, and probably the drooling had only made him look more bestial and savage. Might have gotten a bonus out of it.

And then some fifty foot stabby beetle thing had barreled straight through the lower levels of the building. Structural damage was an understatement, and suddenly the Chandrilans penchant for building up seemed like an even worse idea than it had previously.

Only claws digging into a floor that was rapidly becoming a wall kept the Morling from falling to his death as so many other much fancier beings were currently doing. This was slightly hampered by the hysterical fancy blue woman he'd grabbed and thrown over his shoulder when all this started. It would be fantastic if she'd just stop kicking with those damn pointy little shoes of hers. Someone could lose an eye. He vaguely considered dropping her and slinking off to hide from whatever sort of bad this was, because the hairs on the back of his neck and his spine said it was the worst sort of bad, but he was a good boy, and you didn't get paid if your employer died first.

With the sort of soul-wrenching sigh only a canine could manage, Kalb began the tricky business of down. This largely consisted of sliding and falling the shortest distances possible while making sure not to squish the fancy blue woman and avoiding the pointier debris.

[member="Velok the Younger"] [member="Boo Heavenshield"] [member="Kilum Bralor"] [member="Cedric Grayson"] [member="Cenric Marus"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Objective: Survive Really
Equipment: Armor, Sasha, Blaster Rifle, Pistol, and Relay Droids

It took some time before he and the many refugees were able to make it to their destination. The Dock Yards were filled with a large number of GA turncoats as well as many more Sith Spawns. Jasters troopers were not in the talking mood and anyone who got to close to their emplacements were disposed of quickly and then patched up to ask question.

Jaster and the survivors made it to the ships docking clamps and his men were successful in securing the dock yard they were moored at. "Viceroy, we were able to capture about 36 GA Peace Officers and Several Soldiers wearing GA armor, there are a ton of those dead monsters that latched onto our lower decks, but all have been repelled."

"Good work trooper, keep the watch at RED, and prep the Superior Fighters and a single bomber with those Hazard Bombs," He looked over the area surrounding the dock yard. "We are gonna fumigate these lands." The soldiers and even those that stood with the GA that sided with Jaster rushed who they could into the Jaraden Class Carrier. Jaster was ready to bring hell upon these monsters head. "Captain?" The female GA officer that went with him turned, "Grab some of my men and capture me some of those Monsters, I would like to see if we can find us some weaknesses where we can."

The women looked around, and then nodded. "I am guessing alive would be best, but I promise nothing." She then took off.

Those along with the bodies in the cargo bay should be enough to learn some kind of biology and exploit some kind of weakness. This should teach the Sith, never mess with a Geneticist when he is on vacation, expelling when he came here to visit a friends grave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom