Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End of the Long Night [PM for Invite]

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

"Home to the highlords of the lost tribe of the Sith... Granted now it serves as my home and place of governing as well as a place of beauty. You see, the Keshiri and myself agree so closely due to one great fact. Beauty. It is beauty that these people hold above alot of other ideals and feelings. Only their military like structure offsetting that fact. IT is the perfect mix between the strong and and the delicate touch if i must say... A Interesting people with interesting lives, and i looked towards places of great beauty to bring here and spread out their lives further."

HE smiled at Lucien, the man was a Sith but not with the one Sith. "You are a Fringer, if i a not mistaken then. Few places accept Sith and the Fringe are one of them. That or the Techno Union... and forgive me if you are such, but you do not look like one of them. Great businessmen they, wonderful conversationalists too. War though... well im curious to see how they work with their second restructure in one year."

Lucien listened as [member="Solan Charr"] continued to speak on his house, his passion was undoubtable "Beauty is a wonderful thing but so easily corrupted into something nasty , you must be cautious after all twas beauty that killed the beast " Lucien inclined his head "We sentiments have a terrifying penchant for warping beautiful things and If your utopia is opened too much , People might come in who you don't want around. Just look at the fringe once the bastion of democracy and good old fashioned grit ... " Hell during the republics Imperialist spate the fringe were targeted and yet they were not defeated no others could boast that "... But look at us now a stagnant pile of crap with people like me left picking over it's remains" He frowned "Never let your guard down"

"So yes I am a fringer ... but I doubt I will be for long the fringe is a dying beast" He still spoke of the fringe with much regret , it had been his family for a long time "I may consider going to the Techno union , I have money and as such I can serve as an investor ... I need to go somewhere, men like me don't survive if we fall out of the public eye ... I thought the union might be a good fit but from what your saying they are unstable" He hated moving it was such a risky endeavour "Now I know we have only just met but perhaps you could tell me what you know ... and maybe point me to any friends of yours who might be able to help with my situation ..."

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

He laughed and walked his eyes running through the air and piercing into the wall far from his gaze. It was remarkable to hear what news of the fringe. In all honesty he remembered when the Maw Consortium operated with a benefactor from the very government and he himself had always looked on with interest. He had never joined it though, never needing to do so. "Democracy, too much of it causes Stagnation, too little... well im a Monarch so too little creates me, no?"

His eyes ran over the walls again as they walked, thinking, understanding what it is that remained around him and with a glance to the side once more he looked at Lucien. "I would be a poor one to ask about bringing your loyalties to one place or another. I was a Mercenary for the Mandalorians, a Friend to the Jedi, a warrior of the Rebels. I was a Pilot in the Confederacy, a agent for the Old Sith Empire. Ive been everywhere Lucien, and no where. In all those times my name is hidden behind doors, at times as a void, at times as a faceless man. No one knows when i fought or where with the exception of a select few... minus the Jedi. It is... enjoyable seeing their little heads roll over the thought of working with one like us."

His feet stopped as he turned his head. "But now... Now i serve the people of this planet, of Kal'Shebbol, and a little upstart group called the Vitae. Crusaders of a greater good they like to think and i hope to believe. But it is likely that like all good things... it can only be a hope in the end." His eyes turned back forward as he ended with a question. "Why ask me about who might be able to help your situation?"

Lucien pondered as they walked, the fragility of human life "No I'm afraid that isn't the case your Majesty ..." [member="Solan Charr"] was a monarch yes , but he was not dead meaning either he's a tyrant ruling through fear or democracy flowed through Kal'Shebbol far more than he thought. "I look at you and I fail to see a tyrant , by the same token I don't see a dead man meaning your people are happy or at least passive meaning they think they hold sway and that your majesty is the best kind of democracy " Lucien moved continued to walk "Democracy is like a poison , too much and you die ... not enough and some one comes to pour it down your throat and its normally your own people ... but just the right amount over time renders you immune ... too few understand this simple truth and untold masses fall victim to it" Lucien could attest to that, ask him the price of the truth and he could talk for hours but politics made for an unpleasant house guest ... Lucien supposed he had made himself a poor house guest as his conversational path path had been plunged down with abandon.

It appeared he had found a sore spot of the kings. Lucien shrugged nonchalantly in response to the king "I thought you had a finger on the pulse of galactic politics something I can't boast , A key position in a reclusive behemoth on the fringe of the galaxy will do that too you ... Was I wrong?" Lucien asked dryly before subtly increasing his speed just enough to force a break in conversation , If the topic was to be carried let Solan carry it.

"Anyway back to your Palace, I'm sure a place like this has some secrets ... some dark tales ... and I must say you have piqued my interest so perhaps I can convince you to show me some ?" He asked as he glanced over the walls ... he was all ears.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

"Its about having ears, a man with a thousand ears can hear much better than a man with two. He must know what is wrong, where it is happening, how the people feel, how his efforts effect the problem. A Man with a thousand ears is a man that can understand those he rules and knows when they need more or less freedom. Luckily i have not needed to restrict anyone's freedom, i retain my place as the ruler of both Kesh itself and Kal'Shebbol through a governor, but never have i pushed down their freedoms. You will find crime is also low in doing such, granted there are those that look to cause pain, or commit crimes of passion, no one can stop that. But ive worked to remove the slavers and pirates from the area... it helps to have neighbors thought that hate both those groups. Ah the Aing ti... and sorry, i am digressing once more."

He walked with lucien and smiled as he said the part about his finger on the pulse. "Oh, don't get me wrong, i love every one of those people in the Vitae and would leave my life as a shield to them. But they can be... oh, well. People consider me annoying, and i consider the Vitae as annoying as me, so that." He smiled some more before crossing his hands behind him and nodding. "AS for the walls of this fine palace, it was built upon the sacred ground of the Keshiri, a mistake that is being rectified even if it had been done thousands of years before both our times. The Lost tribe had... destroyed a beautiful monument and corrupted a magnificent culture. It took me four of the last six years to finally piece together the missing heritage of the Keshiri, the full extent of it. And i plan to make sure it returns. Other than that... well it was the home to the Lost Tribe, you are sith and i am sure you understand the... things that go on when it comes to your colleagues and their methods?" He was interested by this man, more so than others, and while Lucien was reserved in his speech. Solan had not a thing to hide.

Lucien smiled , A tyrant perhaps then, "True indeed" He responded. Lucien understood the necessity of information ... he listened to whispers of his own , far fewer came to him now but still some came.[member="Solan Charr"] spoke of the falling crime rates an ideal to aspire too but an ideal that couldn't last crime was a necessity for society to function but lucien was not going to tell a king how to do his job. Solan quickly moved back to the palace with an apology " That's quite alright , politics whilst a poor quest is a private passion of mine ... Digress away"

Solan seemed to favour humour "People think I'm a snob, let them think what they will ... fools like to talk about people ... I for one am above all that " Having got past the alliance they returned to the palace. The tale of a dead tribe was certainly tragic and highly interesting ... It wasn't what Lucien was looking for ... Lucien wanted something a little more useful, he was going to grind things up a gear. Lucien lent back against a wall "How interesting, whatever happened to class ... but yes I understand the acts of some who claim the same focus as me" Some people could commit such barbarity ... Lucien's own acts were no where near the same he was subtle and classy ... he was not them .

"Your Majesty, I wonder if perhaps you would show me some secrets of the palace; Hidden doors, Passages ... that sort of thing" He laced his voice with subtle waves of persuasion. Lucien wasn't a real scholar of the force . He wasn't a walking powerhouse but he did pride himself on his subtly and manipulation skills. He would be hard to catch but not impossible, even if he was caught he was confident he could brush over it.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

He walked, listening to the man's words and nodding when appropriate, or when he agreed rather. He was far less structured or even had a purpose to conversation that Lucien had. He knew the man was studying everything around him and about Solan and Solan appreciated that. There was a reason for this, it meant that Solan was worth studying and while most wished to be left alone there was something interesting in this man's interest. As far as he knew he had never moved against the Fringe at any point in his past. Infact there was no reason at all for such actions as to worry. But the mere fact this man was studying him made him curious.

Then the next question came. He laughed and shook his head as he looked at the man. "I still have my enemies, the fewer that know the routes within and without the palace the better. Last thing i need is my neck cut in the middle of the night while im sleeping... trust me, not a fun time." He kept walking as he smiled and brushed off the curiosity. There was nothing wrong about asking to know such... well ok there was but even if Lucien was here to spy on him he cared not. He made enemies, everyone did. It just required you stand higher than those enemies and on this night he would have no hostility. "Now, anything else i can interest you in?"

[member="Solan Charr"] was right he had never made an enemy of the fringe but lucien was not here for the fringe , he was here for himself. Information was the currency of those too rich to value money and lucien would need a lot of currency in the coming days. He meant no Ill will to Solan and certainly had no intention of harming Solan or his associates at the present time. The fringe was in turmoil and turmoil forced certain actions which in times of certainty would be immoral. Lucien did feel a little bad that he attempted to exploit Solans hospitality but desperate times called for desperate measures.

It seemed his plot had not worked, it was regrettable but not catastrophic " Of course , I understand completely ... Please forget I asked it was wrong of me" Lucien hated apologising but sometimes dusted knees where better than stabbed backs. He didn't want to make enemies here or indeed anywhere. " I fear I may have stolen you away from your other guests, I can't justify hoarding your time so I will let you go but I think we should talk again . We could make very good friends"

( Sorry this took so long I thought I'd posted)

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

He laughed as the man apologized. "Lucien, there is absolutely no need to apologize to me. Had i been in your situation id have likely asked the same question and even now i was studying you just as you studied me. I hold a balance here between people is all and i cannot see that balance upset just yet, there remains those that require my being alive and had it not been that way, perhaps i would have shown you those passages. But alas i do believe we can both benefit from finding conversation with others. As you said, there is much more we can talk about between the two of us an i am sure such a conversation will prove as enlightening as this one. We could make good friends as well, it would be nice to branch out to a place that i once looked on with curiosity." He smiled as he gave the man a quick and small bow to her the man, the interest that Lucien had left him indeed would be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom