Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End of the Long Night [PM for Invite]

316407309_3b7fbd3dbb_z.jpg

Solan stood, staring at a tree in the garden that reached out around him and remained off to the right of the main hall through two large open doors. Attendants and guards moving people in and helping them with their problems at any time. He was worried people might call them by servant or even worse not recognize their titles Solan made an effort to put into place but they knew as well as him the cultures that rule the galaxy are pretty Inflexible at times.

It was not the most magnificent palace in the galaxy, but it was still a palace and the doors were cast open, the world let alive as he smiled and would turn to head for the main hall of the palace. He would try to talk to everyone that arrived, but depending on the size of those that came to enjoy a night of peace he probably would not get the chance.

But, that was the joy in thinking of the situation, who knew what kind of people would show up and while he was worried about the interactions between some groups. With that worry in mind he had made absolutely sure that if you could not leave your problems at the door, you would not be allowed in. He would not let this night of peace be turned over by the actions of people that cant understand that no fighting means no fighting.

So there he stood, watching the others. His clothing very simple, a black suit with a tie, nothing special. It wasn't like needed to impress anyone so why would he worry about trying.

OOC: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/56642-end-of-the-long-night-ball-on-kesh/

[member="Ashin Varanin"] [member="Seanna Vel"] [member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Empress Mar'Dikan"] [member="Death's Hand"] [member="Bal'gul"] [member="Evania Charr"] (And anyone else that wants to join.

Wild space.
Kesh system, Kesh.

The meeting had been concluded. Agreements were made. It all depended on Alric Kuhn and where the divestment auction he had put up for the 30% he currently owned would end up in the hands of Alicia Drey, Taeli Rae, Solan Charr and Isley Verd. It had been a bit of a rush and the last twenty four hours had been a blur with the opportunity to jump in with Krayt Industries. She hadn't even known that Isley was getting involved, and whilst she knew of him from his time in the Confederacy of Independent systems, they had never met before.

The gathering that Solan had arranged for his guests was something that Alicia hadn't prepared for either. Her coming to Kesh had been solely for the Krayt Industries venture. But she had been invited to attend and seeing that she was already there, Alicia had made the decision to turn up. It would also be the first time Solan Charr and she would be meeting in person, although they had had contact before when she had made contact as Darth Ayra, back when he had been arranging a terrorist group on Coruscant. She wondered if her new business partner still held ill intentions towards the One Sith and if knew that his new business partners in Taeli Rae and herself were Sith Lords that had fought for the One Sith in previous campaigns.

We certainly live in a strange galaxy, Alicia thought as she entered the room. Who will we be meeting today?

Onyx formal:
tumblr_kqyiu6Qvud1qz4sk0o1_500.jpg

Onyx wasn't in his usual garments. No today he was invited to a ball. He found it odd that someone would invite him to such an occasion until he found out who the invitee was, non other than a formal colleague Solan Charr. It had been awhile since he had talked with him but he did remember the old friend. So he did decide to attend.

The planet of choice was Kesh, a infamous world known for the Lost Tribe of the Sith. Though the Tribe existed hundreds of years ago, their infamy was known on the planet and those who visited. It wasn't heavily populated though it seemed to provide nice structures and habitats for those who lived upon it. This was a very nice area, obviously since it was the primary complex on the planet. As Onyx walked up the path he noticed Solan.

"Greetings," he smirked, "Recognize me?" Onyx had a new face, one of the many he could easily draft over his cybernetic body. This one was his new favorite, which he wore at formal gatherings.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Darth Ayra"] [member="The Onyx"]

The first two that drew his attention away from others were that of the Onyx and Miss Drey, queer souls if anything could be used to describe the two of them. Something Unique yet... stable people. Those without a power behind them that he expected of people like them. Of course though, it was that that made him all the more interested in these ones so first came Onyx to his attention and Solan raised a brow as he smiled, his body bowing to the man for a moment with one hand over his chest and one behind his back. He was more than happy to greet these people...thought out of the recent events he had been too his saber remained well hidden in his sleeve. Just incase some one tried to sneak a weapon in to get him. Can't always trust in guards without the force.

Several reminders were given to Ilia as she prepared for the evening activities, first there would be a chaperone to keep an eye on her at all times second she would not leave the grounds.

Ilia listened as her mother droned on about the rules several glances towards her father were met in return by his hardened stare. This would be a time for her to represent herself to others of the galaxy. Ilia wanted to go for the sake of going to get out, to meet someone that was not prearranged or with a prescribed outcome. She could feel her anger beneath her calm exterior.

Her parents only pushed and prodded her out the door.

Entry into the great hall was stunning Ilia dressed in a gown that she had fitted to her by the fitters of Contessa a well known clothing company. Ilia felt every bit royal this evening as she walked slowly inside looking around she knew there would not be a single friendly face there but she hoped she could at least go home knowing she made one. She walked slowly excited to be on Kesh.

The fringe may have been falling apart but that wouldn't stop lucien attending a ball. He would after all need to make some new associations if he was going to avoid the never-ending road to obscurity. So lucien had taken a break from the slow demise of his faction to engage in revelry.

Lucien stood at the main gates looking over the garden, it was quite charming ... too charming it reminded him of Meret, his fiancée , she in turn reminded him of his lost glory days . He remained lost in sentimentality for a number of minutes until his concentration was broken by an attendant asking him if there was anything he required. Lucien nodded taking a few moments to recompose himself " Yes , Please hand this to your employer" Lucien said handing the attendant a wrapped box containing a trinket crafted by skye's finest craftspeople "Tell him this is a token of Lord Cordel's appreciation"

lucien watch the attendant withdraw for a time before deciding it was time to stop being so sentimental and find himself some red wine. In his experience red wine almost made him feel less sentimental. for just a brief moment lucien considered that perhaps he relied on wine too much it didn't take long for him to banish such thoughts however.

Waverly adored a great many things, and fancy parties were high on the list. When her parents had informed her of a ball on Kesh, she was more than thrilled to attend. She had dressed that day in a long white gown, and her dark hair was styled in long waves that cascaded gracefully down her back. It had taken her the whole of the day to pull her look together, complete with flawless, but natural looking makeup. Never having been to Kesh before, she didn’t really know what to expect. Tonight she traveled with her longtime friend and guard, Kal Wynn. He happened to dislike attending parties, but it was part of his job, a fact that gave Waverly much amusement. She was thankful that Kal cleaned up quite nicely and played the part rather well when he needed to.

Waverly took Kal’s arm as they approached the entrance, partly due to her most impractical choice of high heels, and partly because she hated entering or exiting parties alone. She had no problem playing the wall flower every now and then, but she wanted to avoid looking lonely or desperate – it just wasn’t her style. She tugged lightly at Kal’s sleeve and paused before they walked inside.“Once we’re inside, you can stick to the wall while I mingle.” She said to the guard.

“Yes, Miss Dane.” He was obliged to answer, with a slightly pained expression.She saw the dread worn so plainly on Kal’s face, but chose to ignore it. Delicate steps brought her forward, into the palace. Her dark eyes lit up as they gazed about the grand surroundings, it was certainly a lovely sight. Immediately her eyes fell upon another woman, dressed in an exquisitely crafted gown. Waverly was no stranger to high quality fashion, and she gave a slight nod of approval, smiling at [member="Ilia Basu"]. She parted ways with her guard, leaving him to find a suitable corner to sulk in for the remainder of the evening.

[member="Darth Ayra"] [member="The Onyx"] [member="Ilia Basu"] [member="Waverly Dane"] [member="Lucien Cordel"]

Solan smiled to himself while he waited for the man nearby him to respond to what was said last to him. IT wasn't a large conversation that Solan expected but if the man was who he thought he was... well it had been a while for the both of them. But he did think for a moment about who this man was before speaking. "I can't say i recognize your face but i never forget the impact that one has on the flow of the force. Its been a long time and i must say you are looking well. Why the change in your appearance if i might ask?"

He turned his head towards the newcomers though and he stared at each person for a moment. Several others that didn't catch his eyes. Locals or those he knew about and could care less for. The three that drew his eyes were two women and a man. There was something different about those who had caught his eyes. Each of them he wanted to get around too and there was all night for that but for now his eyes returned to the man known as Onyx.

The attendant who had been given the gift only nodded to Lucien, looking for Solan himself and approaching him. "Sir, a gift from one of the guests..."

Solan's eyes turned and looked at the box before speaking. "Place it off to the side for now, but not far. Ill look into what had been given once i am finished talking with an old friend. The attendant only nodded before going to set it off in another room not far from the main hall. His eyes would only then once more return to Onyx.

Ilia as she turned her head caught that [member="Waverly Dane"] was looking at her. She smiled and each gave a nod of approval for one another it was unexpected but Ilia was warmed that someone had taken notice.

Now the question was would it be improper for her to approach this woman and speak with her briefly. Make friends her mother had said ok Ilia thought as she slowly, gracefully walked towards the young woman. She saw that her guard had moved away there was probably a whole room of guards somewhere comparing notes and watching out for their charges.

Ilia came within speaking distance, "Good evening, I love this outfit that you are wearing may I ask where you got it?" Ilia loved clothes and the white dress was a stunner. The woman wore the dress, it did not wear her.

[member="Solan Charr"] [member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="The Onyx"] [member="Darth Ayra"]

Shiro

Guardian Of The Skies
[member="Solan Charr"] [member="Darth Ayra"] [member="The Onyx"] [member="Ilia Basu"] [member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Waverly Dane"]

Shiro unexpectedly received an invitation to a ball on Kesh from an unknown person. Kesh was somewhere he had never been, but he liked trying out new things. Especially ever since he was gifted his wings. He could go as high as the clouds if he wanted. Shiro was on Coruscant when he got the invitation. So he jumped in his YT-1300 and flew to Kesh.

The attire wasn't very clear so he just went with a black tuxedo with black pants and a blue shirt underneath. Landing on Kesh near the location of the ball, Shiro decided to just fly there. In about 10 seconds, Shiro would land at the front gates. Walking in, he would notice a lot of things he had never seen before. As well as a lot of people. His wings would be out to the side, just resting while Shiro made his way in further.

Waverly smiled brightly as the other woman approached her. “Oh, this dress was a gift from a designer friend.” She nodded; it was very nice to have friends in the fashion industry, it was so convenient for times when she required something extra special. “Is your dress by the Fitters of Contessa, by chance? It is lovely.” She asked, tilting her head. Waverly too had frequented their shop on the occasion for finery; their workmanship was exquisite and recognizable.

She took a few steps closer and extended her hand in greeting. “My name is Waverly, it is a pleasure.” She nodded. While most of her time at parties was usually spent in the company of gentlemen, she had to admit it was quite nice to talk with her fellow ladies every now and then. Especially when they could talk about clothing, after most women adored shopping and Waverly was certainly not an exception.

[member="Ilia Basu"]

Ilia with a hesitant hand, "May I?" she wanted to touch the fabric it looked so soft so smooth, "The designer is very good an keen eye for lines, as this dress shows all of your best features Ms. [member="Waverly Dane"]...forgive me I'm Ilia Basu"

Women were known to bond over fashion, food, men, vacations and sometimes when able common experiences. She smiled broadly, "Yes Contessa, they did a wonderful job of giving me something different and yet seemingly flawless, thank you for the compliment" Ilia extended a hand gently clasping Waverly's outstretched one, "Pleasure" Ilia had very few friends of either sex.

Her only male friend so far was [member="Remy Steele"] and he was her father's friend, and now at times her chaperone. "May I ask the name of the designer perhaps for my next outing he or she can design something for me" She smiled again keeping still and a listening ear.

[member="Shiro"] [member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Ilia Basu"] [member="Waverly Dane"]

Solan watched as two of the women who had caught his sight converse, good it would help to keep people social and talking and as he ran a hand through his hair he smiled. His eyes slid over faces, taking in their auras as he no longer relied on his physical sight. What he did now was look at the aura of everyone that was around him, their ties. It was unneeded, minding that but one caught his 'eye'. This would be Lucien as his connection was a bit stronger than those around him and unknowing to Solan he had been the one that had given him the gift.

Crossing his hands behind him he smiled and cast a glance at the man with the wings. He would be next but for now this other man, the earlier man, shall be a target of conversation.

He didn't mind conversation, hell he loved it. More than fighting, less than beauty. And a million times less than his daughter who he had been surprised to see so distant. Perhaps she was not as social as he had thought but oh well. For now his eyes focused on the man and in less than a minute he came up with his hands still cross behind him. His eyes changed for a moment, adopting the illusion of their original blue color and hiding the amber color that had corrupted them. He had come to appreciate the small loss for the power he gained, only it was starting to effect the rest of his body to. But none of that would show as he smiled at the man before giving him a bow.

"Welcome to my home, my name is Solan Charr. Call me what you wish but to be frank, i prefer you just call me by my name. Formal conversations always get... tiring."

Lucien smiled as the host of this little event made his way over. It seemed he was gifted with the force, one of a great many at this event. The man carried himself with a measure of dignity, this was good it implied class and confidence. That should prevent awkward conversation. Lucien did harbour a deep dislike for uncharismatic poor people they could be so ... clingy. Not that he'd ever spoke to one he was judging solely off observation and horror stories from his more liberal rich friends.

If the mans house and wine choices were anything to go by lucien was in for a pleasant night.

The man came over and introduced himself, rather too informally in lucien's opinion but when in coruscant do as coruscanti do so lucien replied in kind "Thank you, Solon" It was little strange addressing a king he barely knew by first name doing so was against Lucien's moral code, however ignoring the conventions of a host was worse so he settled for the lesser of the two evils " My name is Lucien Cordel, Your garden is certainly impressive, it must have taken quite some work"

“His name is Val Sekell, based on Coruscant.” Waverly smiled at Ilia. “He always insists that he doesn’t do custom work, but does… and he loves to do it.” She laughed. “If you plan on stopping by, just tell him that you know me.” The high fashion industry was very much like an elite club, it was all about who you knew. It was something of a convenience to have a designer friend located on the same world that she called home. Get her talking about clothing, and she could go on and on… she had favorite boutiques on most of the core worlds that she frequented.

Waverly moved closer to Ilia, deciding to change the subject. “Have you been to Kesh before?” She asked, turning her dark gaze to the other woman. “This is my first time here, and I’m afraid that I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting our host.” She said, wondering if Ilia too was in this position.

[member="Ilia Basu"]

Ilia looked around for their host, "I have no had the opportunity to come to Kesh before nor to meet the ruler of Kesh. So" She smiled warmly, "we are in the same position. Looking to meet other guests, and have an opportunity to speak with our host, but" Ilia did not want to be rude, or appear rude but she had remembered something from the holo news.

Ilia remembered the name of the designer "Val Sekell of Coruscant" She thought for a moment she leaned a little closer to [member="Waverly Dane"] "Isn't Coruscant occupied by sith and if so, can we go there and still be able to leave?" She blinked and yet remained passive, could she actually have the opportunity to go to Coruscant and...well...meet a Sith. She smiled hoping at the words Waverly might say in response to her question.

[member="Lucien Cordel"] | [member="Solan Charr"] | [member="Shiro"]​

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

"Alot of effort Mister Cordel, but thank you for the praise on my creation. Granted i had a bit of help in creating it, but the gifts we have are to make everything better no?" His eyes turned to the man whom he had just met, running over him for a moment before simply smiling again. "And you Mister Cordel, past your name is there anything more i should know about you in regards to what i cannot see?" He waited for the response but still his eyes ran to the side now. Curiosity killed the cat some said, Solan instead praised curiosity as it was the precursor to all greatness.

His eyes while they remained on Lucien still wandered, he took it as a game really. Find the shifts in once face, the clues to his feelings, his gut reactions. From the shrinking of pupils to the break of a stiff back in retreat. Granted he saw neither but it was always curious to find out what he can. He had learned from his echani friend that a person's body betrayed even the most deeply held feelings and that only through fighting could one truly understand their partner. Granted he wasn't quite sure what bush his friend was smoking that day but he decided to try it when he could.

"Our gifts can wreck terrible pain though not all of us are quite so ... restrained" Lucien said nodding toward [member="Darth Ayra"]. He supposed he was also of the same Ilk but he liked to think of himself as a touch more refined. Since [member="Solan Charr"] was looking he would probably notice a subtle tick of anger, lucien was a Lord and he was angered by people who forgot that . Vocalising this would be grossly ill advised one couldn't publicise anger with a king. Lucien very swiftly restored his mask " Well I used to be something of a power player within the fringe but circumstances recently transpired that have left me retired , I still rule over zaadja though so I suppose that's something " He inclined his head " Now quid pro quo, your majesty what can you tell me " after all lucien had begun to earn his keep with secrets and information "Perhaps I can also trouble you to give me a tour of your palace ... I think of myself as something of a connoisseur of fine architecture " Lucien continued to mask his true feelings , this meeting was political and politics was a game of masks that lucien played very well.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

"A former ruler yourself, I must say that you are more than an interesting person already..." He traced the glance to Arya and he rose his brow a slight bit more t that. The two knew eachother, curious. Even more curious the tick of anger Solan did catch and he couldn't help but find curiosity in it. "You are one of the Sith, no? Either that or i met someone much more like me than i thought..." He smiled as his eyes shifted color a slight bit, a hint of his use of Force Sight in addition to his physical sight. It was a mixture of abilities that he had developed, one that allowed him to look at the person on both the physical and hidden ways.

Then the question came and he smiled as he nodded. "Of course, i have no reason not to entertain a guest. I had much of it changed in preparation for the restoration of a area this palace was built on. It used to be a sacred site before my... predecessors came by. Purebloods you see, the people in which the Sith take their name from. A strong people but one that damaged the culture of the Keshiri." He laughed and smiled. "Sorry, i get carried away sometimes with explaining things. As i was saying, the structure is meant to be a combination Naboo and Alderanian influence."

Lucien had not been an interesting person in too long. It was good to be interesting again , Lucien watched as [member="Solan Charr"] glanced subtly over to [member="Darth Ayra"] and raise a brow. It seemed that Solan thought they knew each other he could work with that, let him think he knew her. "Not one of her kind, she serves the one sith I ... Do not" He replied let him take from that what he wished "I am however a sith I suppose , in name only I don't often throw lightning around " He smiled subtly just enough to be caught. Solan was using force sight again it seems how quaint that was.

Lucien listened as Solan recounted the Palaces history, that interested him of course but he was focused mainly on watching. one could never guess when such information might come in handy. "I know of your predecessors, such nice people" He laughed in return "and don't worry like I said I'm a connoisseur I like a good back story , please continue I'm sure that the walls of this place have many tales and I want to hear and see them all" He wanted to see everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom