Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Empower Factory/Codex Judges!

We place an enormous sum of faith in our Factory and Codex Judges.

They are the frontline soldiers who brave the tsunami of Chaos' creativity; and they do a damn fine job of it. I have been a frequent flyer of the Factory since its inception, and I can safely say that those wearing the Purple and Yellow are thoroughly trained, extensively well-versed in precedence, and can handle any submission that graces their forums. For that reason, I am calling for their empowerment. We, as a community, have no reason to doubt their abilities - the fact that the Factory and Codex are thriving without public cries of favoritism or corrupt judgments is testament to this. As such, I suggest that Staff elevate those positions to have the power to completely review and approve submissions without waiting for the stamp of a RPJ or Admin.

However, I add that peer review will be mandatory - meaning that, instead of an RPJ being the second set of eyes on a submission, it will be a fellow Factory or Codex Judge. Frankly, the Factory Judges are perpetually on the ball and I do believe that implementing this change will see submission turnover times drastically reduced. This will then alleviate another chore from the RPJs and Admins, who can then write more or focus on their chosen factions more as opposed to moving submissions for a fat second. So, let us as a community recognize our Judges. Let us empower them to do more, because they have proven time and again that they are capable.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
As both a former judge and a current contender for the title of Most Strangely Useless Submissions, I wholeheartedly agree. Waiting for RPJ or admin approval has always been a bottleneck in the approval process, and cutting that out should speed things up tremendously. It would also allow the RPJs and admins more time to deal with problem children and work with newcomers who are trying to learn the system.

-Cancel this thought, I just realized that the codex/factory judges probably outnumber admins substantially. And I think this is a great idea-

Rusty said:
As both a former judge and a current contender for the title of Most Strangely Useless Submission.
On a second note, I checked your topic history and maybe it's just because I'm on mobile, but I didn't see anything that looked useless. You don't have to link it or anything but I'd love to hear the title of what you consider to be the most useless submission :p

[member="Rusty"]

xH3R2nn.png

It's on the cards in factory already. I can't say when.

What would really speed up the process there is getting another 2-3 judges in the pool :)

Really, the second approval bit is usually just a rubber stamp unless there is a glaring issue. With the standards we hold codex and factory Judges to these days... Do we really need that second approval at all?

Also. We could use a few extra hands going through the submission modifications, pre-factory/codex, and Q&A sections. Getting progress made if these areas feels like it takes a much longer time than when creating a new submission.

I agree. I understand that the factory section, especially starship section gets jammed and slammed with subs. It can be agony for some folks to wait for a sub to be approved by a second for days maybe weeks. It can stifle creativity and momentum.

That being said, the Judges do a great job keeping up, and we (I) for sure appreciate their efforts. I've been here in various guises since 2013 and I can tell ya, this is probably the smoothest the factory has ever ran. The removal of Dev threads still makes me have weird flashbacks though. As sometimes when I'm thinking of something I forget I don't have to RP it into existence, that it is now just an option lol.

Good job guys and Thank you. For real.

When I was a Codex Judge, I was honestly happy with a secondary approval: it meant, if I missed something (only human!), Cait would probably pick it up, so you knew the approval of the submission was a solid one.

Yes, trust our judges, but the system works wonderfully as it is. If you just want to speed your submission time, this is a thing, but realistically...if you can't wait a few hours, you've got bigger issues!

Tirdarius said:
Yes, trust our judges, but the system works wonderfully as it is. If you just want to speed your submission time, this is a thing, but realistically...if you can't wait a few hours, you've got bigger issues!
He's saying that another FJ or CJ will peer review the sub also, to help iron out mistakes that the initial judger could have missed. Thsi is simply allowing the FJs and CJs to take on a bigger responsibility, and not depend on admins or RPJs, which have more important things to do than review subs.

I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom