Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Emotion, Yet Peace...

Tann grumbled. Auraya would tell her to focus on the rocks but she didn't like that answer. Her friend demonstrated by having one of the rocks move in a different direction. She was also showing off because her rocks were going at different speeds. Tann was only working with just the one. Giving her mind something to work on was ideal, but just not for the Twi'lek. She couldn't find a way to quiet her mind. There were always twenty different things going on at once in her green head.

With another sigh she would close her eyes again and put her attention into the rock. She had it follow the same track around just her a few more times before it would expand outwards and join the others. Tann felt a strange sensation down the back of her spine. She felt Auraya. Tann could feel her anxiety and worry. She could also feel the strength within her. Tann explored this emotion as she let herself connect with the Force.

Before Tann realized it, she was following the different paths of the rocks the same as Auraya was. For now, it felt as if she was one mind with both her friend and the Force. There was no separation. There was just the Force. The rocks continued to float around giving Tann that sense of purpose. It was working. Until it wasn't. The rocks began to get shaky as Tann's own inner monologue started to creep back up. Dinner thoughts that made her hungry. Entertainment thoughts from shows she'd watched recently. Even something as simple as her nose itching. All of these thoughts bubbled up until Tann had to back away from it all.

Tann let the rocks leave her mind as she sighed and rubbed the tops of her lekku. "Ugh! I can't do this."

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
The girl had her doubts even before truly giving it a chance. Raya was the kind of person who gave everything a try, gave it her best effort, even when she wasn't particularly good... Especially when she wasn't particularly good. She didn't know why that was, it was simply how she'd always been. Perhaps it was a defense mechanism, because she knew she wasn't the best at performing x, y, or z. At least she could always say she tried.
Still, Tann did try. Frustration and all.
And for a moment, though it took some time, she was doing it. Actually doing it. Raya even relinquished hold of some of the rocks and watched as Tann unknowingly brought them under her control too. They worked in tandem, both girls rotating rocks this way and that, eyes closed and minds... free.
It was a fleeting moment, to be sure. The rocks under Tann's control fell soon after. But it didn't matter.
Raya opened her eyes, still levitating the rocks she continued to hold though she didn't move them anymore. Her eyes drifted between girl and ground, before she outright gestured to the trio at their feet.
"You were doing most of the work there," she told the girl, allowing the two rocks she still had control of to slowly settle back into the water. "It's not about being able to do something grand all at once, you know? You have to build into it. And for a first attempt? I'd say you did mighty fine, Hope."
She wouldn't push her any further, though. She sank back down into the grass and patted the ground once more.
"Sorry, if I pressured you at all there."

{{ sorry my post is so short. I'm having total brainfart today }}

Tann would give a smile when Auraya said she was doing most of the work. It made her feel like maybe she did something right. So there was hope after all. "Thank you. That uh....means a lot. I told you I couldn't really sit still. But I appreciate you going at my speed. and no worried about the pressure. It wasn't even a thought. We need to push each other every now and then right? That's how we learn."

Putting her hands on her hips she wondered what she was going to do next. She whistled a little, unable to accept the silence between them. "So uh.........have any boyfriends?"

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
(No worries at all! Write as much or as little as you like.)
"Yeah, I guess you're right. Can't progress if you don't try."
With a wave of her hand she moved the three stones which had dropped by Tann's feet and returned them also to their place within the water. Her eyes followed them for a moment, to look upon the waterfall itself with a soft sigh and a light smile. It was so peaceful here.
When her fellow student spoke again she turned her head and her eyes widened; a blush fell over her cheeks.
"Goodness, no!" she spat out, with a light chuckle swiftly following soon after. "Never."
It wasn't even that the Jedi were opposed to such these days, there were plenty with significant others. But Raya was already struggling without such distractions, and beside which she'd never even given it much of a thought. Those from the Enclave had been more like siblings to her, they'd been raised together after all.
No... Nothing like that ever.

Tann watched the three stones she failed to move return to the water. Auraya moved them with such grace; she really ought to give herself more credit for her abilities. She was more forceful with her Force touch. Things were either fast and to the point or shaky. Like when she picked up the stick. It zipped right to her hand. She couldn't even begin to try doing it slow.

When Auraya got embarassed about having a boyfriend, Tann would hold her hands up in defense. "Oh sorry. Sorry. No judgement here. I like boys myself. But you do you, girl." Her reaction was not to the having a boyfriend but a significant other in general. Tann didn't pick up on that. But she wanted to show her support regardless. That was just the sort of friend she was.

Tann had never met anyone that was gay or otherwise. Well, strike that. Her mother was gay. She was pretty sure. Her mother and her figurative aunt were always very close and they would kiss from time to time. As an adult she realized all those times her mother's door was locked was because of the two of them....doing it. She'd bet good money on it. But it was more like the bantha in the room that they didn't talk about. So Tann never had anyone to teach her being with the same sex was wrong. All the more reason she supported anyone for their life choices. Arguably it wasnt a choice, but that was another conversation.

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
That blush only deepened with the implications of what Tann thought she meant.
"Oh, no, no I just..."
Truth be told she could barely even find the words she sought to set the record straight. Then she wondered why it even really mattered. She merely shook her head, another chuckle forming upon her lips.
"I'm too busy for such things, that's all..."
And wasn't that the truth. She supposed it might not seem that way, given that when Tann came here she was just sat within the greenery, but meditation was an important part of life for a Jedi, as was studying in a nice quiet place such as this.
"Have you been shown your dorm yet?" she asked, stretching out her limbs in an almost feline fashion, a few joints popping in response. Not at all uncommon given how much she trained. "I need to get going soon, I booked one of the training rooms for the afternoon, but if you'd like I can help you find your room first?"

Tann burst out laughing when she saw Auraya flustered. She couldn't hold back the laughter. It was too funny seeing Auraya blush and be embarrassed about it. Tann snickered before finally stopping and giving Auraya a friendly smile.

She said she was too busy for dating which Tann thought was a dreadful shame. Did she have any companionship? Anyone else besides her master? Hopefully she had someone. It made Tann worry she too would be too busy. No. She told herself right then and there she'd make time for her friends, boyfriend possibly. Then again, Tann wasn't exactly the type of girl to get tied down to anyone either.

Auraya would ask the girl if she'd been to her dorm. Tann shook her head causing her lekku to sway to both sides. "Oh actually I don't go here." She went on to explain, "My master and I are only stopping by. We're actually going to be doing my training on Kashyyyk. So I'm sleeping in our ship I guess. I....didn't really ask her where I'd be staying. Maybe she'll have a hotel or something for us. I really have no idea. I guess I should have asked shouldn't I?" Tann laughed at herself.

Auraya Irath-Ur

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom