Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“Name’s Makko Vyres Makko Vyres ,” Starlin said. “He’s a little rough around the edges, but cool.”

Waiting a few more seconds, Starlin lost the battle and grinned at Eli, completely misreading the situation he had walked into. “I’ll, uh, leave you two alone,” he said, walking backwards out of the room to leave them to their tryst.

Once he was gone, Thelma whispered, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to—I won’t do it again.” She started to gather her things, preparing to leave, looking like she was on the verge of tears. “Please don’t tell anyone.

"Makko" he managed to echo back. "Cool..." It might have been easy to mistake his tone for indifference, even apathy, but truth be told Eliphas was just trying to keep everything together. He was struggling to process so much happening at once. Failed attempt at biting his neck and leaching his lifeforce, an unexpected first kiss, and now a fellow Padawan?
Plus, Starlin thought he'd caught Eli in the act. Even if that act was merely a kiss.
When Starlin backed up, intent on leaving, he practically squeaked in response, but alas his Master was already gone and his plea fell on deaf ears. His gaze drifted back over to Thelma, who was hastily gathering up her things and apologizing profoundly. When he realized that she intended to leave he shook his head.
"It's okay" he said, noticing how close she was to tears, "Hey, it's okay... Stop, please. Don't leave." Letting her leave like this would be detrimental, not only could it lead to wrong impressions being given, especially since Starlin had witnessed the kiss first hand, it could also result in worse happening out there in the streets. A distraught Force-wielding Vampire? Yeah, no, it didn't seem wise or fair to let her scamper off.
"Are you, uh.. Do you..." He frowned, moving his hoverchair to intercept her should she continue to try to leave. "Are you... hungry..?"

"Hey, it's okay... Stop, please. Don't leave."

Thelma paused, but didn’t move to return to her seat. She wouldn’t even look at Eli as he moved in front of her, blocking her way.

"Are you, uh... Do you... Are you... hungry...?"

So he had figured it out. She supposed she shouldn't be surprised. He wasn't stupid or oblivious. "I'm always hungry," she muttered. "I can survive on regular food. But there's always a temptation to do more than just survive." She hesitated, wiping her cheeks as the tears began to fall. "I didn't realize your master would leave me alone with you. If I had known, I wouldn't have let him bring me here. I thought I could control it, but I can't..."

What had first been an attempt at holding back tears soon became a flood as the dam she'd build around herself crumbled from existence. It reminded him of his farewell with Lissa, when she'd come undone over the breaking of a vase and had wept to lose him. His poor sweet sister... He couldn't stomach the sight stone-faced then, nor could he now.
"I swear it's okay," he whispered, as he tried to diffuse the situation, "Is there anything that helps?" Eliphas might have offered to let her feed if he knew she could control herself, if he knew that she was even permitted to do so while remaining with the Jedi. It was a strange thought, in truth, he knew so little about her, or even the ways of the Order they were both tied to.
He reached a slow hand out, to help remove some of those tears from her cheek, and gestured back to the sofa. "Here, I'll fetch some water and we can talk it out okay? Please don't leave..."
The last thing he wanted was to be alone again.

And just like that, he was alone again.
No amount of reassurance could keep her on the ship, and he wasn't about to actually make her stay. So instead he watched her flee, heart sinking. Should he tell Starlin about what had happened? Well, what had almost happened? Was that something that was expected of him?
Even as he considered it he decided against it. That was her business, something to be discussed between Thelma and her Master. She didn't need others meddling.
Maybe he'd seek out her comm frequency in a few days, once things had cooled off. Try to convince her that there really was no harm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom