Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Embers of the Universe

photo-1572947650440-e8a97ef053b2

Current Outfit

The Amour Art Museum on Estaria began with a public entrance, as expected, though it invited a private atmosphere; intimate moments in one corridor after the other, shared between oneself and the exhibits, or one another. From paintings to sculptures, portraits to photographs and holograms, a variety of galleries catered to every patron’s need.

In one gallery, of black floor and ceiling, flanked by white walls like blank canvas, were draped the paintings of the abstract. They began in uniform, reflecting particular artists at the entrance of the hallway, before they gave way to a denizen of different ones.

From illustrations of flowers to depictions of gardens, images of clothing to representations of civilizations. Abstract art, as far as could be defined, was showcased in lines, shapes, colors, forms, marks. It did not rely on actual visual reality. But in the fabrics of time and space woven within.

One woman thought, anyway, as she gazed over one exhibit after the other, pacing in dress of black violet. She walked, calmly, but did not pause for too long. She moved with the music; a piano as elegant as a poet amid slow, feathery strokes echoing in serenity, spoken in solace.

Gentle, tranquil. If so manipulative. Music like this is what you would expect to find in a shopping mall; the kind that got you to stop and gawk before moving on. Yet this was one woman who found her own pace and place within this maze.

She turned the corner of the hallway to discover pieces reminiscent of splashes, of spots and dots, of scatters and splatters. She paused. What’s this, then? She lifted the rim of her glass to her lips, sipped red wine, and listened with her eyes.

photo-1574920822560-15811ed68cd2

The image in the exhibit depicted red, orange, yellow marks on the upper left corner, and black grey shades on the bottom right. What do I spy? She might only imagine. There, standing on her own, so close to this painting if so distant, Senestra Sylverian saw the name of the exhibit—Embers of the Universe—and wondered.

"Am I the ember..?" She whispered. "Or the ash in the darkness..?"

Phoenix Viper Phoenix Viper

Phoenix walks rough the museum. Sticking people’s wallets and prices right from their pockets. He’s easily made 10,000 in cash alone. A couple thousand more and he can escape the stupid planet. A planet he’s been trapped on for most his life

He walks through the museum. Keeping one hand on his lightsable in his hoodie pocket when he notices a weird paining. He walks over to it and stands next to someone. Her outfit looking strangely familiar. Embers of the universe. “wonder how much I could get paid for that” Phoenix thinks and looks round for guards. Seeing two near the exit

Maybe, if truth was proven, she was neither the ember nor the ashes, the light nor the darkness. The fire was bright, it cast shadows, and its burn could certainly hurt or worse. The flames were in her very family, a blessing and a curse, but who was she within this universe? Who was she? Senestra Sylverian.

It was an aimless question, amusing, really. It was the kind that time permitted in vacant expression when staring stupidly at paintings in an art gallery. This one was definitely pretty, and who knew if this one woman’s take on it was apt at the abstract or far from the mark. It was simply her interpretation of it.

She took another sip, oblivious to those in her midst. Some passed by at her back empty-handed, others with champagne or tea; taking their time between the exhibits or wasting none to walk along. Save one.

“What do you make of it?” Senestra indicated to the young man standing beside her, though she did not take her eyes away from the painting. “Embers of the Universe…” She bit her lip, slowly turning her glass in a hand. One can only wonder. “Do you see your future…or your past?”

“The past…for sure the past” Phoenix reply’s and acts like he’s about to walk off. He walks behind her and slides his hand almost gracefully into her pocket. He pulls out her wallet and places it in his before he turns to walk off

So the man saw the past. Curious. Was it, though? It was a musing question, really, ultimately posed to make conversation and get a second opinion. Truthfully, Senestra Sylverian didn’t know if she saw her past, present or future in those embers, or simply saw the spattering of the universe. Like burning a fattened pig that is this galaxy…or perhaps it is the blood of the dragon I see.

While she was busy contemplating, as one ought to do at a painting, the other person had walked off. He didn’t get very far and she didn’t really need the Force for this. It was one thing to be an expert pickpocket but only idiots kept their wallets within easy reach and wouldn’t feel it if it went missing.

Amid the woman’s dress, the thief would have to somehow sense where she kept any object on her person and in which pocket it was in. A guess didn’t seem best. Then he would have to reach into the front of her fabrics. Needless to say, he didn’t even get the opportunity.

As he reached for her pocket, Senestra swiftly seized the man’s sneaky hand and attempted to twist the wrist, not to break the arm, but to keep from leaving. The very movement would alarm others to their presence. “Trying to cop a feel or steal from me?” Whatever his answer, she stared daggers.

“Depends what will get me killed” Phoenix grunts softly as his arms twisted. He grips onto his lightsaber in his pocket and prepares to use us. He pulls it to the edge of his hoodie pocket and puts his thumb on the trigger of it. Ready to use it at any time needed

Whoever this was, he looked as young and thin as her in comparison, but a lot less dangerous. Granted, he did not know that there was a Sith in his presence with a lightsaber in her pocket. Then again, despite or because of the circumstances, Senestra could not help but grin in amusement at the miscreant’s response.

“Take your pick, if you dare, and we shall see.” Thieves were known to get their hands chopped off in some parts of the galaxy. Perverts…well, it didn’t need much imagining. Death, however, was another story altogether, and tended to depend on how this particular dragon was feeling.

“Hands off the lass, lad!” A random patron cried, jabbing a finger at the man whose wrist was in the grip of the woman. “Or I’ll have you, longshanks!”

“Somebody call security!”
Some elderly lady pleaded.

What’s this? It was certainly unexpected. Everyone, including the Sylverian, was surprised by the guy’s lightsaber. Suddenly the other brave man who had shouted ‘longshanks’ took a few steps back as nobody had any interest in getting between a blazing blade and its wielder in this instant.

One of them, however, was raised and trained for moments like this. Perfect. It was as if the universe had transformed this skinny idiot into a worthy adversary—up until the moment his foolishness would cost him his neck, that is.

He liked having hands, did he? He certainly needed a hand for his attack.
He grips his lightsaber in his free hand from his pocket and he swings it.
She drops her glass, grips her lightsaber in her free hand and blocks his.
Concurrently, she twisted his wrist further from his shoulder, to snap it.

Phoenix sees he’s outnumbered, his ego is going to get him killed. And he knows it. He pulls back from the swing and dives his lightsaber down to his wrist. He pulls his arm back to her arms in the way. Phoenix is filled with pain in his arm. It feels like it’s going to explode

If Senestra’s twist on his wrist didn’t distract his attack to begin with, rest assured for her that she at least had a moment of advantage given that she wasn’t in a state of pain unlike him. His lightsaber dives; he might try to pry his wrist free from her grip, but it would be of no use to him.

The Sylverian had since recognized that she was in a public setting, with witnesses, even if more than one of them might favor her position. No, this wasn’t the establishment in which to sever a hand from a wrist.

So she let go, never mind his own attempt, and neither bone nor flesh would explode at that moment. His arm unbroken from shoulder to elbow to wrist, Senestra had her hand free, her other holding her lightsaber, angled diagonally, amid her grin.

“Security’s coming,” she beckons to the pair of custodians behind him. “And the evidence is against you, friend.” Then again, she stands with a lightsaber of a crimson hue. What color is his?

Phoenix pitch black lightsaber hits the floor as he shuffles back. He holds his lightaber in a weird way. The blade coming out from nearer his pinky finger than his thumb. He looks back to see security running towards them. Phoenix looks back at her. His face full of anger and sadness

“I ain’t dying over this” Phoenix states. His black blade causing everyone’s worries to switch. Everyone’s seen a blue light sabre, red light saber but never a black one

Anger and sadness. Two emotions that a Sith is intimate with. She could see it on his face, twisting his visage as if it were a hand on his wrist all over again. He states that he isn’t dying over this. And what is this?

What is this? A black blade, neither blue nor red, and not entirely unheard of, if a bit of a rarity in certain hubs. One might pin the blackness on a Sith, on the dark side, but black was just as much the sum of all colors as the absence of them.

Jedi or Sith, then? Or neither. Whatever this black swordsman is, he would not die here today. “It would be a silly thing to lose your life over, I admit,” the silver swordswoman whispered to the idiot.

“HALT!”
Cried a guardsman. “In the name of the law! Relinquish your lightsabers or be shot!” His blaster, like his partner’s, was likely set on stun, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t serious. He spoke to both the man and the woman.

“As you command,” Senestra obliged, assuming a defensive if passive form. She could kill more than one person but it would do her no good. “I shall sheathe my sword.” Her red blade whispered back into the hilt but, if her opponent budged toward the wrong movement then it would be reignited in an instant and show him what death truly meant.

Phoenix turns around to face the new threat. He holds one hand forward slightly and tries to use the force. Veins in his arms and hands popping. When it doesn’t work he holds his light saber traditionally and keeps eye contact with the guards. “Over my dead body”

Her attention was on him, noticing the veins in his arms, how his fingers flexed, yet the art of the Force was a closed door. That did explain why she could not sense a signature from him, though it only opened up more questions as to how this man had a lightsaber within his possession to begin with. And black at that.

Senestra Sylverian had yet shown him mercy, had extended the same notion to her contemporaries, including security. Yet it seemed that this idiot was determined to have none of it. They were not a pack of hounds within this house, but he believed them to be. Over his dead body, he promised, his sword brandished forth before the guardians and the woman and the art museum.

Should just chop off his arm and turn this into his mausoleum. “You don’t want to do this,” the Sith spoke with conviction. A dragon. A woman with a bit of a fit, a temper, with blood and fire in her veins, yet level-headed; a temple within the House of Sylverian. “You want to deactivate your lightsaber and surrender.” Her tone was composed, her words firm, as she attempted Force persuasion.

If that didn’t work? Cue security as one of them speaks. “Stand down,” he demanded. “Or be put down.” Like a hound.

“Police are en route.”, his partner stated. They might not have been needed were it not for the pair of lightsabers and one of their wielders refusing to surrender.

“SHUT IT SITH!” Phoenix turns to face her for a second before swinging at the guards. He narrowly missed their blasters as he jolts for the sith. He gets his black lightsaber facing The other way and swings a hook. For some strange reason he’s trying to punch her and not slice her in half

It didn’t take much imagination to pin her as a Sith given her red lightsaber, but now things were taking a turn for the worst when it came to his behavior. Why was this black swordsman so determined at aggression? The woman could only wonder.

The moment he swung toward the guards and their blasters, Senestra knew that peace went out the window. In a heartbeat, he swung at her, with his fist instead of his lightsaber. She was more than ready for it, though she had expected him to use his weapon.

The Sith quickly stepped aside to evade the blow and to the outside of his arm, farther away from his lightsaber. She did this while grabbing at his wrist with her free hand. Her own lightsaber in her other hand, not yet ignited it, she punched for the man’s elbow. If the punch struck, his arm would snap backwards and be broken.

He might react by swinging his lightsaber at her but, with a press of a button, her own could be ignited in an instant, if that's the kind of fight he wanted.

Phoenix screams at his arm snaps. He switched off his lightaber and points it at her. Tears flowing down his face. Look looks at her as a blaster shot lands in the back of his leg. Causing him to fall on the ground. His grip on his dark lightaber stronger than ever. Phoenix drenches his teeth together in order not to scream any louder

Senestra heard the snap and the scream, glimpsed his agony then the blaster bolt striking behind his knee. On the ground now, had he informally surrendered? She did. Sith, he called her, in a sea of witnesses. She had clearly defended herself against the thief but that didn’t mean she was innocent.

“D-Don’t move,”
a nervous guardsman beckoned them. “Either of you! Or we will shoot!” She had a feeling he meant it without a stun setting. Easy, friend. Let’s not make a mess. Yet it wasn’t telepathy that suggested this; just a look in her eye.

Oh, she could escape this very moment. Though, they saw her face, she would be recognized, and branded a fugitive. Perhaps it was better to wait. The House of Sylverian was not born of cowards, but neither were they born of idiots, and this one had not done anything wrong in this situation.

So she clipped her lightsaber back behind her fabrics. “You will get no argument from me.”

“H-Hand over your lightsabers!”

“Except for that. I have sheathed my sword but it remains on my person for…religious reasons…though I don’t think my opponent is in any position to give much resistance.”

The two guards looked at one another. If the police would be here in moments then that might change things, but what would the wounded man’s answer be as to whether he would relinquish his lightsaber?

“I’ll be dead before this is removed from me” Phoenix mutters as he struggles to stand up. His broken arm dangling by his side and his wounded leg just as useless. He grips his dark blades lightaber traditionally and looks at the threats, the anxious guards and the sith

“She’s a sith! She’s a bigger threat than me. Religious reasons for a lightaber. You destroyed my planet” Phoenix states. Trying to get the guards to do something. Get the guards to help him in any way possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom