Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Elysium Lion Knights

Martin Dux

M
DVo2Ooi.png

"They are my students, and I know each of them like the back of my hand." - The Meistras of the order

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a unique, force-using unit for the Elysium Empire
  • Image Credit: Link / the recolor of the image was made by Ria Misrani seen here.
  • Role: To serve as a personal guard for high-ranking Elysium Empire officials and occasional military operatives.
  • Permissions: Link
  • Links: The Elysium Empire, Martin Dux, Order Of The Lion.
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Elysium Lion Knights
  • Affiliation: The Elysium Empire, Order Of The Lion, and Martin Dux.
  • Classification: Knight/Force-user
  • Description: While attitude and demeanor can vary, most knights are perceived as stoic and quiet. They can be impatient though, and very pushy. They are loyal to a fault when it comes to whatever assignment they're posted on. They typically wear blackened Marine armor, under-armor, with robes over it all. While not all of them do it, most wear face-concealing masks, made of standard metals. Clipped to their belts are white lightsabers.
GENERAL COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Unit Size: Small
  • Unit Availability: Rare
  • Unit Experience: Elite
  • Equipment: Elysium Empire Standard Navy Uniform, Marine Armor, Lightsaber.
  • Combat Function: When it comes to military operations, Elysium Knights are typically put into smaller combat situations(i.e. leading small teams into enemy outposts, covert missions, guarding high-ranking officials).
  • Force Abilities: Mind-trick, Telekinesis, Electric Judgment.

Strengths
  • Elysium Knights are trained in lightsaber combat, being primarily proficient in forms II and III, with a minor focus on form VII. All that said, they are good at defense and single opponents, being aggressive fighters in duals if they come up.
  • While it is highly unlikely, most knights have some sense of strategy. While they certainly can't be put in charge of entire battalions, Elysium Knights can make capable leaders for small squadrons, and fire teams.
  • An obvious strength is their gift of the force. While certainly not the strongest or unique by any means, they do have force abilities. They can enhance their movement, sense things, the usual sort.
Weaknesses
  • While the Elysium Knights are often regarded highly for their commitment to the empire, it can get in the way. They will not disobey orders, even when their hep is clearly required else wear. The only people that can reassign them are the Ari(high-ranking knights) of the order, the imperial officials they are under at the time, or the ruler of the Elysium Empire.
  • Many of the knights have a rather high opinion of themselves, due to their loyalty and abilities. They are arrogant, plain, and simple. If they are told their methods are unwise while leading soldiers, they will go through with it anyway, simply to prove a point. If fighting someone who isn't a Jedi or similar, they can become unprepared.
  • Despite their strategic ability, Elysium Knights are often impatient, which can put themselves and others in danger. This is also quite problematic in guarding jobs, which they spend most of their time in, becoming unruly in subtle ways.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Every order has its knights. These are the standard knights of the Lion's Order.

While the origin can vary vastly between each individual, most are pilots, officers, and troopers that show unique skill in their role. When someone in the Elysium empire shows unusual proficiency in something, they are taken under review, and if it meets the order's standards, they are offered the choice to join. Of course, most choose to join, although some make the active choice to stay in their field of expertise. While the order is often held in high regard, they are looked towards with an air of suspicion. This suspicion certainly isn't helped by the attire of the knights or their quiet nature.

One complaint many knights had was the usage they received while under inexperienced military officials, with many of them viewing the knights as invincible. This has sadly led to the deaths of a few of them. Since then, usage of the unit has been restricted to the highest-ranking imperials, the high command of the order, and the immediate Valhoun family.

To quote the Meistras of the order, "They are people, gifted yes, but still mortal. They are far too valuable to be wasted like that." - Martin Dux.

Since then, the knights have become far less common, which has added even more suspicion to their order.

"Is Elysium Mes Galia." - Mantra of the order

Last edited by a moderator:
Under Review Martin Dux

I like the image you picked, very cool. The main thing we need to tackle here before approval is this: in your descriptions, you're writing about the Lion Knights as if they are an entire order of Force-sensitive warriors. However, you have marked them as a Small and Unique unit, presumably because you want them to be able to use Semi-Unique equipment.

Here's the issue with that. Per Codex rules, Unique means that there is one of this Unit in the entire galaxy. Small means that there are 12 or fewer members in this unit. Small and Unique means that there are, at most, twelve Lion Knights in the entire galaxy.

There are a few ways to handle this. One is to say yes, it's a tiny tiny "order" that will only ever be able to deploy a few people at a time (or the entire order to one battle, neglecting everything else happening in the Elysium Empire). Another is to say that this submission represents just the most elite Lion Knights, and most of the order doesn't wear Phrik armor or wield these special lightsabers. You'd have to partially rewrite some of the descriptions to make that work, making it clear this is just the Lion Guard's elite, and there are only twelve of them max. The third way is to make them Rare instead of Unique and drop their Semi-Unique equipment.

Martin Dux

M
The Mongrel The Mongrel

Quick question, when dropping the semi-unique lightsaber from equipment, could I replace it with the wookiepedia page for lightsabers? Or is that not allowed?

Martin Dux

M
The Mongrel The Mongrel

I changed the unit to rare and dropped the unique equipment, I can always use them elsewhere. I also made sure to change all mentions of the phrik vests, although I may have missed one or two(on phone, sorry).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom