Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elie Wiesel Passes Away

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/03/world/europe/elie-wiesel-auschwitz-survivor-and-nobel-peace-prize-winner-dies-at-87.html?_r=0

I know not many folks know who Elie Wiesel is. He is a Nobel Laureate, and a Holocaust Survivor. He chose to write an account of his experiences in Auschwitz and more. The book has been required reading for me in at least five classes from high school to college. And I can say without a doubt no book has changed me and my outlook on life and the world than his book, 'Night'. For it's 100 ish pages, it is amazing to think how much it can change a person. Elie wrote his experiences down in part so that they would live on even after he was gone. And today, I cannot help but find myself deeply saddened to hear of his passing. And I cannot forget the words in his book. They are etched in my heart and mind. So, please take a moment today to remember him. Or learn about him if you do not know him.

A terrible tragedy that soon the survivors will all have passed on and then the horrors of the Holocaust will no longer be remembered by living people.

It will be too easy then to spin denial and conspiracy and ensure the lessons which need to be learned are not.

Valiens Nantaris said:
A terrible tragedy that soon the survivors will all have passed on and then the horrors of the Holocaust will no longer be remembered by living people.

It will be too easy then to spin denial and conspiracy and ensure the lessons which need to be learned are not.
Full agreement there.

Blazing Eye

B
Most definitely. That kind of thing, like so many others, really needs survivors to tell about just how horrible it was. Only a survivor can really understand the horror.

19 years ago I struggled to pick a quote to the high school yearbook. It was my senior year, and we all had quotes under our names/photos.

I picked a quote by Elie Wiesel at the suggestion of a friend. Oddly enough, it's something that's stuck with me for almost 2 decades since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom