Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elected! ... Now what? (New Republic Senator)

Bene Vole

B
Coruscant

Bene Vole had gone to sleep late last night smiling. The votes were in, the she was elected the representative of Shili in the The Galactic Republics Senate. She did as all politicians did and rubbed her victory in the face of her opponent by pleasing her crowd of supporters. Though, she knew, this was in actuality very small considering the times of her election. It would appear that a strong problem in the Republic had been the difficulty in the Senates ability to figure out what it wanted to do about the Dead Space incident, further distancing the formerly friendly relationship with the Omega Protectorate Government... especially since that star system got destroyed.

Horrible. Just horrible. She couldn't imagine an entire star system simply just... poof! Gone. Kaput. What could even have the power of doing that? She didn't know, nor did she ever want to find out.

But at any rate, she went to sleep smiling, and woke up miserable as she let the reality of how late she stayed up last night sink in. She sat up in her bed, observing the busy traffic of Coruscant (she arrived late just yesterday post Election Victory). Propped up on one arm in her bed, she brought her other hand in a fist to rub her tired eyes. In so doing, she let out a huge yawn that transformed into a full body stretch, her open mouth revealing her pearly white canines to glint in the sky polluted sunrise. She laid there for a moment, unwilling to remove her body from the very comfortable, near-luxurious warmth she had created through the short night. Her snoozing though was rudely interrupted by the need to attend a meeting.

"Ugh." She grunted as she leaped out of bed, leaving it in a mess. Her bare touched the soft carpet, and she felt in between her toes before shuffling to the bathroom to shower. She gave a sigh of relief when the water hit (luxurious perhaps and unnecessary, but it was the one commodity she really felt obligated to have; nothing really did beat a hot, wet, shower.) she stood in their washing herself, and then resting for a solid twenty minutes before she dared to brave the cold outside. When she did she dried herself quickly, and made herself decent by Coruscanti standards, building herself a new routine.

She was probably late, but hey, she could slack a little on the first day right? Besides, what did she really need to attend to RIGHT THIS SECOND as a politician from a fairly minor outlying world? Regardless, she hurried herself there as quick as possible after being fully dressed (with the exception of shoes and probably a few other articles of clothing she had failed to take inventory from only having seen the necessary exterior components. Her aids (if she had any?) would eventually help her with that no doubt.

Eventually she would be released from her (quite frankly boring) meeting to do as she pleased... after paperwork was filled out and completed. By the time she was finished, it was late at night. Oh well, a night prowl of the city would have to do. She went out to explore the eternally busy cityscape.

Courscant, he hated it. The bustling city lacked the serene environment he'd grown up with on Naboo, but now all that was irrelevant, he was trying to get some air. He was a Republic War Hero, an ARC trooper, and an officer now, and with all this came lots and lots of stress. That stress was why Jorin was out on a stroll just in time to bump into the new senator of Shili, @[member="Bene Vole"].

If Bene was interested in the Dead Space incident, then bumping into Jorin was like stumbling onto a pot of gold. Jorin, a humble sergeant at the time, and 100 RSFU operators had boarded the Black Hex and secured it, but the Omega Protectorate claimed the vessel as its own, essentially locking Jorin and his men inside, taking them prisoner.

Then, on orders from the acting Supreme Chancellor, he re-engaged the anti-matter core, which then malfunctioned and wiped out an OP fleet. Jorin was the trigger man of the incident, he had the blood of six-thousand Omega Protectorate personnel on his hands, and he would regret it every day until he finally died.

"Senator Vole, I'm Commander Cody Jorin, it's an honor to meet you." The soldier stated, introducing himself. He only recognized the woman because he'd watched her victory on the holonet, and aside from that she was from Shili, he knew very little about the senator. But something told him that was about to change.

@Anyone, really

A good distance from the newly elected Senator of Shili and her new acquaintance, the Commander, Sarge found himself on Coruscant for only the second time in his life. The Triple Zero was a place he'd always wanted to visit, but it had been under Sith control when he'd last been awake this long. His first trip had been to visit Sky Kerberos, who'd not been around.

As a military contractor of OmegaPyre, Sarge had worked with the Republic in various capacities; even going so far as to help guard their representative during the Roche conflict. He'd met numerous senators, made friends with Jedi Masters... but he didn't keep up with them.

He wasn't Republic, nor would he ever be. He was just friends with those they counted amongst their number. Outside those people, he figured he was largely unknown and that was fine by him.

Brown eyes drifted up the towering peaks of skyscrapers, the overwhelming lack of nature pushing against his senses like an oppressive weight. There was little life here, beyond that of those who called this place home, and he wasn't much a fan of it.

But being a fan of it wasn't important, he was here for something far more important. He was here to deliver something infinitely priceless to a group of people who'd no doubt thank him profusely for the service. It wasn't, however, something he did gladly. Taking in a slow breath, the ex-Sergeant Major wrapped his camo cloak tighter around his shoulders, moving through the crowd like an unseen ice breaker.

Hustle and bustle. His worst enemy and best friend.

Bene Vole

B
@[member="Cody Jorin"] bumped into her as she was gazing at the incredible structures, the unbelievable magnitude of sheer... human desolation. She had seen this worlds before, in her travels of which she would rather not remember, least she get angry with herself again (not a good thing to be doing first night on the job) and do something reckless. Regardless, it would appear as if her political epicenter had just reared its head at her... though it did so without her knowing. Fate had a funny sense of humor, as she would soon discover in the chaotic world.

Caught slightly by surprise to her recognition (everyone too busy in their affairs to care about a nobody politician), she gave a smile of delight as she greet the military man.

"I appreciate the recognition! I honestly didn't expect many Coruscanti to take notice to me, especially in this hive..." She began to say the last bit with only a bit of scorn, before stopping herself due to the realization that the man before her might think the boundless cityscape beautiful, probably having been raised in it. "... there is just so much commotion about!" She tried to change her tone.

"So then, Cody Jorin," She gave another smile, "Are you Coruscant's welcoming committee?" She joked.

Silas Awoke from his sleep a new senator would be arriving this morning.He lifted himself up and slid from the bed gasping for his cane.He forced himself into the bathroom His knee seemed to give out at the most opportune times He showered and shaved Before moving into the bedroom once more selecting a cravat in midnight blue and a pair of cuff-Links,He dressed and moved out into the apartments only other room.

At the table the usual breakfast spread had been set out and Olrene His loyal assistant was tucking into a cereal of some sort.Silas grabbed a slice of toast and poured a cup of stim-caff "Busy day today senator" Olrene said between mouthfuls he gestured with his eyes to an agenda on the table.Silas looked over it and frowned these meetings seemed relentless he would begin with the new senator.His assistant shoveled a last spoonful of cereal into his mouth "Time to go your rides outside" He said gesturing to a cruiser situated at his landing bay.Silas rose slowly and begrudgingly he sighed and walked outside into the early morning coruscant skyline He pulled himself into the transport and it sped off darting toward the Senate building.Things always seemed to move slower when he was young like everyone else.The meetings came and went then lunch then meetings,Then a conference.He decided to walk back to his house.So it came to be that he walked through coruscant.

"Don't worry ma'am, I'm no fan of the city. I grew up on Naboo." He chuckled in response to @[member="Bene Vole"], smirking as she actually recognized him, the media had a funny way of making it look like you might eat babies for breakfast when you marked up foreign relations at the scale he had, on orders or not. Then, came the question of he was her welcoming committee, which for once, made the man smile.

"Not officially, but if you'd like me to show you around I'd be honored." He answered, standing tall and awaiting the senators response. He had failed to notice @[member="Sarge Potteiger"], it'd be a rather awkward situation if he had. A legendary Protectorate soldier, a Republic soldier of equal fame 9but with the blood of 6000 of the other guy's comrades on his hands), and a senator who wanted to ease the tensions that had started from the latter's action. Jeez, and he though high school had been bad.

@[member="Cody Jorin"] @[member="Bene Vole"]

Sarge paused as he heard the pair talking, and taking a whiff of the air, turned towards a pair speaking; one, a Togruta... most interesting. The other? A Republic Soldier. Less interesting. Sarge knew little of the Republic military, mostly by choice, although he'd worked with them in the past for joint training exercises.

"Excuse me.", comes his quiet, gruff voice. Manifesting near the two, a scruffy beard visible beneath the shimmering haze of a stealth cloak, the man gave a faint bit of a smile which tugged at his lips. Anything above the bridge of his nose was obscured. "I'm looking for... Apartment 7563D, Level 48, Sector... H? I'm not familiar with Coruscant outside the Jedi Temple."

Truthfully, he felt bad interrupting, but cities baffled him.

Bene Vole

B
She felt a bit of relief as he revealed their mutual distaste for the massive city.

"Oh good!" She chuckled, "I thought for a second there I was going to have to pretend I liked it here." She glanced about making sure no potential supporters would overhear that statement. That's when she noticed @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] (A man she didn't really know at all), coming towards them in their direction... though it seemed difficult to make him out. She brought her attention back to @[member="Cody Jorin"] as he offered to show her around, when suddenly the very Omegan she saw just moments before came in asking for directions. She smirked at the fact that she wasn't alone in her city-loathing.

"This seems an odd place for those not used to the city, but yet we seem so abundant!" She said to the man, she looked back to Cody. "Have you any idea where that is by any chance? I only just arrived yesterday after all." She said it with a happy tone, though she couldn't help but feel uncomfortable near the shimmering robed man. It was so... surreal. Though she wasn't fully trained she still had her connection to the force (an connection she didn't often utilize for the implications it meant for her by not being a Jedi). She had no sense of the man, could just only make him out in close range, and the city bustling (even at night) must be covering his silent feet, because she could hardly hear anything other than his voice either. She wonder how Cody felt about him. Something didn't seem right to her, she didn't like talking to a man who didn't seem to actually be there.

Cody looked to both @[member="Bene Vole"] and @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] and shrugged. "Sorry pal, not a clue." Jorin responded, apologizing sincerely, the remark about the temple caught him off guard though, this man was obviously not a Republic man, and with the way he looked, at least from what Jorin could tell, he seemed very Omegan. Cody sighed, here he was, on his least favorite planet in the galaxy, face-to-face with someone that may well have been out for his head, it wasn't likely, but there was still a chance.

Ever so cautiously, a small vibroknife slipped into his hand, just in case something was about to happen. That was the thing with Jorin, he was paranoid, and it was that which kept him alive, it was only thanks to paranoia he stood here today. But it had come with a steep mental cost, one he did his best to cover up.

Sarge gave a faint nod of his head to @[member="Bene Vole"] and @[member="Cody Jorin"], the smile never faltering, even as he said, "You don't need the weapon." A faint tensing of the body was always a telltale sign, as was the way the arm made the barest of motions whenever someone prepared a weapon of some kind.

Or, perhaps, he was using a communicator. It was a gamble, saying something like that, but if he were right...? Well, the dividends were often worth it.

"And you're right, Miss. Cities aren't my favorite thing in the world, but I've a package to deliver."

Bene Vole

B
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"], @[member="Cody Jorin"]

Bene's eyes widen a bit when the man mentioned a weapon, she looked to the two men's hands (or where she assumed hands would be in Sarge's case), and sure enough, she saw the glint of something knife like in Cody's hand, opposite to her. She frowned slightly, a bit nervous, with brows furrowed a tad. The man had also mentioned a package in the need of being delivered. Purposely ignoring the weapon comment in the interest of avoiding unwanted attention, she tried to distract them with the next topic Sarge had brought up.

"A package? Mind if I ask of its content?" She didn't see any package with him, odd. Then she remembered the small exchange between Sarge and Cody with the weapon drawing. "Or.... is it something that requires more... privacy than out in the public eye?" Mindful of the people about them she glanced here or there, ever vigilant. She felt an odd tension, and her hands were clammy. She wasn't sure what the two men were sparking, but she felt it might draw attention. She didn't need unneeded attention on her first day. She just got this damned job!

@[member="Sarge Potteiger"], @[member="Bene Vole"]

Cody smirked, bringing the knife into view, flipping it into a reverse grip and sliding it into the sheath under his sleeve. "I'm not on the best terms with the protectorate, forgive my paranoia." He sighed. Looking to both the senator and the other soldier blankly, he wasn't the slightest bit regretting his actions, and it was quite obvious.

"What exactly is this package anyway? Is it safe?" He questioned, deadly serious. Despite the fact he didn't like the planet, it was still Republic, and he'd die defending it if need be. And a mysterious package delivered by a man in a stealth cloak raised a good few red flags, but Jorin gave the man the benefit of the doubt at this point.

@[member="Bene Vole"] @[member="Cody Jorin"]

For the first time, his smile faltered, lips setting into a thin line as he shifted his head to look at Cody. "The Protectorate isn't here, and isn't that pertinent to the conversation." Sarge was already gone from the 'Pyre, and he wasn't wearing any Protectorate gear.

In fact, the cloak was of his own design and under it? He looked like a standard mercenary. Slowly, his cloak shifted as a hand dug into a pocket.

Pulling out a small metal chain, he briefly flashes the dog tags from his pocket, the chain sliding around his fingers before he stuffs them away just as quickly. "Safe. Don't get an itchy trigger finger, glory boy."

Bene Vole

B
@[member="Cody Jorin"], @[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Bene didn't like the rising testosterone sparking between the two. Though it was suspicious that there was a cloaked man delivering a package, there was no need for accusing him as an immigrant from a nation whose relationship is shaky and possibly hostile. She didn't much care for the flash Cody displayed with putting the knife away, and was disappointed by the cloaked mans smile disappearing, and frowned herself when it was revealed that though he wasn't now, he had been an Omegan. This might... complicate this conversation. She stepped as closely between the two as she dared and repeated the question to Sarge.

"The contents? Do they require privacy? If you are privy to revealing what it is, we could go back to my quarters. If you're worried about being heard I can almost assure you a new Senator such as myself won't be bugged or anything." She tried to smile, "I haven't done anything stupid yet!" She joked halfheartedly, in her attempt to diffuse the potential problem. She didn't think this jittery cautiousness was Cody's best trait. Honestly, she didn't care about either of them, but she wanted to make she wasn't involved in any public incident. Perhaps she was more jittery and cautious than either one of them for her careers sake than either of their reasons... which she couldn't (obviously) pin down.

Then she remembered seeing him flash something shiny that almost looked like a necklace. Maybe that was the package?

"...wait a sec, what was that you just flashed a second ago?" She asked curiously.

Cody had brought up the Protectorate because, being a rather rich group, they could've easily hired someone to go after him. But the man before him, @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] was a soldier from what Jorin could gather off the flash of Dog Tags. He'd nodded in acknowledgement, content with the man's reaction up until the 'glory boy' line. The friendly smirk Jorin had been wearing wore off at that point.

He reached his right hand into his pocket and wrapped it around a pair of dog tags, squeezing them to help himself to stay focused. They weren't his, in fact they were his fathers, and the minor act simply helped him feel as if his dad stood behind him, and was telling him to focus on what he could control, just like he always did. The man was lightyears away and still had his back.

"They were dog tags ma'am, nothing to be afraid of." He answered @[member="Bene Vole"], pulling his out from under his shirt with his left hand so they rested in his hand. She could see the necklace was nothing more than ID for soldiers, but something made him feel as if the package had yet to be revealed.

Sarge gave a shallow dip of his head at the correct naming of the ID tags worn by soldiers galaxy-wide as a means of identifying dead bodies or the horrendously disfigured. The moment Cody's smile dropped, Sarge's returned, although this time it was more a wolves grin than anything else.

He was amused, but it wasn't the pleasant kind. A challenge had been imposed by the revealing of a weapon, and the battle was still being waged, albeit in a non-physical manner. Chuckling darkly, the mans attention returned to the Togruta. "Senator, I wouldn't go around proclaiming how new you are to everyone you meet. Last person to go around spouting about their position wound up a stain on the Senate floor."

Good Senator Brunswick was quite clearly the reference there, and it was no secret that he'd taken his job so seriously as to overstep his mark on several counts; it had been his undoing. He had made a habit of waving around his title, and in the end that had gotten him into more than a slight bit of trouble.

"I don't think I will keep you further; I'll need directions from someone else, I imagine." He dipped his head.

@[member="Bene Vole"]

@[member="Cody Jorin"]

Bene Vole

B
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"], @[member="Cody Jorin"]

Bene scrunched her eyebrows a bit and frown in protest to Sarge's remark. If she felt she might have liked him before, she was mistaken.

"I don't think I liked what you said there-" Wait, what was his name? Crap! She forgot to ask. "Uh," She froze for a sec, "I'm sorry I'm not even sure I caught your name. Anyway, best you be going or something, before anxiety over here," She points with her head to Cody, "Does something stupid. Nice... meeting you I suppose." Yep, she was right. That conversation most certainly didn't go well. She pondered the exchange a bit, what she could have done better, how she should have played things out, what variables could have caused the problem to escalate, how she failed to diffuse it. She didn't like, but the one detail she simply couldn't stand- he was an Omegan! Albeit only a former citizen, but nonetheless she was supporting these people so the Republic would just mind its own damned business; forgive and forget, move on, forward progress, cut the accusation. After her conversation here, she wasn't sure about herself. She turned to Cody.

"And you as well, though, I think I'm going to have to make a rain date for that tour. I'm feeling tired, and I've had enough of breathing exhaust fumes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom