Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech EL-DET-4 Baradium Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Ephraim

J
emp_grenade_by_peterku_dakjfyr-pre.jpg

"Wow! You see the size of that explosion!?" - Senior Designer Calvi, said while weapons testing

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A standard, very simple grenade for Ephraim Labors.
  • Image Source: (X)
  • Canon Link: (X)
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Thermal Detonator
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Explosive Type: Baradium Charges
  • Delivery Method: Thrown
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Area Of Effect: Large
  • Damage Output: High

unknown.png

SPECIAL FEATURES

: Timed Charge:

The DET-4 can be used as both a grenade and timed explosive. Magnetic durasteel alloys allow for adherence to metal surfaces, making it even more useful.

STRENGTHS

• Blast Range - Has a larger than average blast range, making it both deadlier and more effective. Caution is advised as the radius might catch users off guard.
  • Blast Damage - Has higher damage output than normal Thermal Detonators. Again, caution is advised, it is explosive.
WEAKNESSES
  • Heavy - The DET-4 is much heavier than normal grenades, being a burden for most users if carrying multiple. It is suggested to keep multiple grenades seperate.

unknown.png

DESCRIPTION
The DET-4; both the first explosive device of Ephraim Labors and the first item licensed under Ephraim Arms, a subsidiary and manufacturing firm of Ephraim Labors. Fairly simplistic as most grenades go, with one of the key features being a timed charge setting, acting as a traditional thermal detonator. Something far more interesting is that it was this item that led to the creation of an entirely new division Ephraim Arms, explosives division. There was an exclusive interview done by a local group on Thyferra with the newly appointed senior designer in the division, as transcribed below:

Senior Designer Calvi messes with the microphone attached to his tunic, adjusting it. He speaks. "So," He clears his throat, "The DET-5, I mean 4, is quite the interesting little thing. It has to be my favorite design yet." It should be noted that Calvi has no previous explosives experience.

The interviewer asks why he likes it so much.
"Well, firstly, the combination of both Baradium and Detonite we use to create the things. The use of both those little chemicals make it boom twice as big and hit just as hard! On the downside, they're heavy little bas- Oh, I can't say that? Sorry. But yeah, they're pretty heavy. Sad things is that we could've knocked that flaw out of the design, it was a problem with the shell we used. But, we had a deadline, sacrifices had to be made. In the end we had to choose between the weight probably or making the thing compact. We chose the latter."

The interviewer asks about the explosives division. "Yeah, it's true, our division was created purely for the need of a grenade-like weapon. I suggested outsourcing, just until we came up with a good design, but chief designer Sanok wasn't having it. He can be harsh at times and... Kind of scary!" Calvi gave a nervous laugh.

"Really, this was was the best we could do at the time, with limited resources, that is. From what I heard, Mr. Ephraim needed it for, well, reasons I'm not at liberty to say. It's a shame we're not selling to the public, but grenades are a different place compared to blaster and slugthrowers."

Not much else stands out about the DET-4, but one thing can be certain, it opened the doorway for more explosives to be made by the people at Ephraim Arms, and by extension, Ephraim Labors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom