OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To provide a droid for use by Aren D’shade made from various droid parts
- Image Source: Jamie Martin Design
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Aren D’Shade
- Model: EL-31
- Production: Unique
- Affiliation: Aren D’shade
- Modularity: Various parts can be swapped out
- Material: Durasteel body, duranium armor plating, electronics, EB-S Droid Brain, various droid parts
- Classification: Class 3, Class 4
- Weight: 150kg
- Height: 1.7m
- Movement: Bipedal
- Armaments: None, but can use non-integrated weaponry
- Misc. Equipment:
- Standard sensor package
- -TranLang III Communications Module (link)
- -Linguistic Module
- -Network Interface Links
- -Scomp Link
- -Feminine Programming
- EB-S Droid Brain
- Advanced combat protocols
- Internal Communications Module
- Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition System
- Dual Programming: Using a scavenged EB-S Droid Brain, EL-31 benefits from two programming classes being present in one brain. It possesses systems and programming to act as a protocol droid, and also targeting systems and combat protocols of a battle droid.
- Armor: Using duranium armor plating EL-31 can take quite a few hits from blasters and even a glancing blow from a lightsaber without falling like most droids.
- Melee Fighting: EL-31’s primary combat protocols are geared towards ranged combat, leaving it highly vulnerable at close-in fighting against even low skill enemies.
- Electronic Attacks: EL-31, as a droid, is by nature vulnerable to ion weaponry and EMPs.
EL was pieced together from a time when Aren picked up pieces of discarded droids while on Voss. These pieces all came from the same make so fit together perfectly. The programming chip she picked up later and activated her. She is a combination of a protocol and combat droid, but is rather poor at melee combat and instead focuses on more ranged attacks. To this end it’s programmed with advanced combat protocols, giving it knowledge of weaponry and maneuvering tactics such as utilizing cover, flanking, suppressive fire, etc. In addition, a private communications module is installed, allowing it to communicate with Aren through a personal comm unit non-verbally, keeping it from giving away its position when relaying or receiving communications from her.