Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Eisei supply run

Tags: Junko Ike Junko Ike Latyuo Shuy Latyuo Shuy

Supisy got a good giggle out of the reaction of Junko and Ahri to her intent to search out the poem that had been written about the Princess. There was some question in the Twi’lek’s mind that there would be only one such poem, but she hoped it would be obvious that one was about Junko and maybe a bit crude about a sensitive part of the Princess. ”You didn’t do much truthfully. It's not like I’m not going to do a holosearch for everything I can find on the Princess when I have a moment to myself. Art, poems, speeches, whatever is out there I’ll be enjoying it.” Supisy gave another giggle. She wouldn’t go so far as to call herself a holo-stalker, but when she found something or someone who was interesting she liked to experience as much as she could. Usually that was because these things were finite in duration. Junko had invited Supisy and Latyuo into her life. But still habits were hard to break.

The group kept walking until they reached a way to get into the caves. The caves led to the crystals. Supisy was quite interested in seeing them. She wondered if in nature they were as beautiful as they were in fashion. She also wondered if she would be able to get a pic of a vid of the crystal caves. The group was heading for the mines and the soldiers would help the others, hopefully not having to kill the creatures that were loosed into the sewers. It wasn’t exactly the creatures’ faults they were made how they were. If it was a choice between the people and the creatures, Supisy understood what needed to happen. But still she was hopeful that everything would survive. ”You worry so much Latty. Let’s just get moving so that we can find what’s down there.”

Supisy Blen Supisy Blen Latyuo Shuy Latyuo Shuy

SHe looked at Latyuo. "We might be able too avoid but I am not certain." She said it and heading down there was the small group able to move. THe tunnels illuminate with glow rods in the walls that cast softer yellow light around. Xifang was moving and leading the way as the tunnel came out into one of the chambers. ore carts filled and a processing area. Mechanical cutters set up and inactive as Junko was going over it in her head the layout. Ahri speaking while she moved and had adjusted getting a smaller pistol from one fo the soldiers. She shifted it to test the blast blade tech as the barrel of the pistol extended and a blade formed enclosing over the barrel. Junko held her saber as they were going through and the mine branched off into the sewers with soldiers there. THey were setting up more of the barricades and sensors. "Princess." THe one said it as he was standing there and checking. "We have secured the pathway between and begun sectioning off the sewers. So far nothing has made contact but we are following Lady Ahri's directions towards the survivors but it has been slower progress."

Latyuo Shuy

Smuggler Lady of Atrisia

Atrisian-Commonwealth-Header-removebg-preview.png

Tags: Junko Ike Junko Ike | Supisy Blen Supisy Blen

Latty-Divider-removebg-preview.png

There didn’t seem to be a lot of confidence in our ability to avoid the creatures. Or maybe the Princess just didn’t want to make any promises and be prepared for anything. Whatever the case may be I steeled my resolve, confirmed my blaster was ready for action and gave a nod. ”It was worth a try,” I shrugged with a nervous giggle. The tunnel wasn’t too terrifying in and of itself. It was pretty well lit so at least we wouldn’t be caught completely by surprise if something threatening did find and hunt us. That wasn’t terribly comforting, but I needed to get over it. Not like I’d never experience bloodthirsty creatures before. Xifang in the lead was another comfort, since an attack from the back seemed like a small threat if any. Ahri received and tested the readiness of a weapon, this was both comforting and frightening. Ahri seemed to be ready for combat. I hoped that was just preparing for the worst, not the expected. As we approached soldiers one gave Junko a situation report and I listened carefully. ”So…Into the mines?”

There was more walking and more strategizing, but no crystals as of yet. Supisy was big on action and not so much on the planning and such. It was something she would have to grow into as she took on more responsibility in the Commonwealth, but at the moment she had the Princess, Ahri and Latty, so she found it quite easy to slip back into old habits of impatience in a desire to get to the “fun stuff”

Everyone else seemed to be clutching their weapons, which told Supisy that they were about to get to the point where something of interest might happen. The soldier had explained to Junko that they had started the process of securing the sewers, but had not made any hostile contacts yet. Perhaps that meant the creatures had found good hiding places and more prey than the released slaves. That was more than likely wishful thinking, but Supisy along with her impatience and dislike of details had a tendency towards optimism. When Latty mentioned the mines, Supisy’s eyes lit up and she smiled wide, almost bouncing in place. ”Yes! Mines! Crystals!”

Latyuo Shuy Latyuo Shuy Supisy Blen Supisy Blen

JUnko snickered a little to that.. mostly Supisy who while able to be serious was infectiously excited. The mines offered the best chance and they were heading in deeper and deeper. "We'll find some Supisy, worry not." Ahri was there and grinning while she checked with Xifang and the mines themselves were opening. Sections of it carved out and dug as it wrapped around and up in some areas with others tunnels going down. Carts on the tracks half filled until it went into a larger chamber and a dozen different tracks were there. Xifang climbing up as Ahri moved turning on some lights to illuminate all of it. The mines glittering in the walls. "Its a giant geode just thousands of them." She said it looking up and pointing as the crystals that were being taken and secured. More processed as Junko whistled. "THis is impressive, even a little here could be more then enough for some to life comfortably. MOre so then that... a city with this could expand and be among some of the finest in the galaxy." She said it and the idea of the Eisei colony having access to this was impressive.... if they went with it all they could have been one of the more prosperous colonies of the Commonwealth. "It is no wonder anyone would want to attack and try for it."

Latyuo Shuy

Smuggler Lady of Atrisia

I wasn’t quite as confident that going into the mines was worthy of the excitement that Supisy had. Of course my partner always saw the best case scenario. And in this expedition that would be walls of exotic crystals either to admire where they lay or grab up for personal use. To me that meant that the bad guys might be hiding here and that would mean we would have to be on our guard. The fact that Junko was so lighthearted about Supisy’s expression of excitement gave me a bit of relief from my anxiety, but Junko didn’t seem to allow any worry to be projected, if she had any to begin with. I stayed towards the back of the group. Ahri seemed to know where they were going and Xifang seemed to be a good tracker. My skills were likely better suited to watching our six. As Ahri turned on the lights and the walls started to sparkle even I forgot about the worry. My arms dropped to my sides and my jaw sat agape for a moment. The words about the mine being a geode snapped the spell and I started looking around for clues again. Junko’s whistle made me giggle. I knew she was not easily impressed, so that meant this mine was indeed something special. I braced my ears for Supisy’s response to the sight. ”Now that we know it is here it would be wise to provide heavier security to Eisei. I assume the Commonwealth isn’t going to abandon the idea of keeping a colony here, especially with such riches discovered.” It made me sound like I was greedy and was being so on behalf of the Atrisians, whom I have been a part of for maybe a few weeks. But when you hold claim to something like this mine, you don’t let it go easily. ”But still doesn’t explain why the colony was so empty. I’m assuming we’re looking deeper?”

”Oh! By the Force!” Supisy exclaimed as they arrived in the mines. Her thoughts trying to decide how she could pull the biggest crystal she could carry out from the wall. Of course there were other more pressing things that would eventually press back into the thoughts of the young Twi’lek, but at the moment she was blinded by sparkles.

Supisy heard Junko’s whistle and her statement that the crystals could be used to build quite a bit of wealth. ”Working is fun. Who wants to stop that? I wouldn’t want these pretties to pad my accounts. I want to bejewel something with these!” She knew that Junko wasn’t speaking about her in particular, but still she seemed to want it clear that she wanted the crystals to enjoy their beauty, not because of their value.

The Twi’lek gave a sigh as Latty applied her usual sense of practicality. Of course with all these glimmering gems, Supisy’s partner would be aware enough to ask about the need to increase security. Supisy knew that Latty wasn’t always this way, but still she wondered how they could continue to be so close considering that Supisy was so wide eyed and carefree at all times and Latty was forced to rein her in a lot. ”Maybe the mines aren’t the actual reason the colonists are missing? But I’m sure that we should look more.”

"A colony here is beneficial even without the crystals." Junko said it while she was looking around the room and mentally ampping it for herself. THe small procedures to defending the areaa were important and Ahri knew what to do while some of the soldiers were coming in and leaving extra supplies. SHield and ablative gates. SHe was setting them up while drones scanned the upper areas and did much the same. "By all records no one knew about the crystals when the colony was set to be first established... that is what we have learned about now so whether it is the reason for what happened we might not know fully but it is likely a factor... they worked to open it and anyone could just come in here and strip it."

She looked at Supisy though. "JUst because your bank account is heavily padded never means you have to stop... just means you are always able to help if it is needed." She said it with a smile on her face when she looked at the next largest tunnel and there were more chambers off of the main one. "Based on how this is looking they have a few dozen chambers like this... if more have the same amount we may be able to do a lot here first and foremost is fund defensive stations around the planet and system." She offered a smile though as the drones were mapping and setting aa course for them. The hologram showing two additional chambers to go through before reconnecting with the sewer system.

"We have out path." She said it and looked at Latyuo. "Deeper will help and learning where they went... most animals wouldn't care about the material wealth which is helpful for us." Junko said it while she was moving and themsecondary path through the chambers got much of the same but the drones were making quick work of it. THe scents of the sewer were there as metal walkways arched over the waters that were flowing. Ahri and Xifang finding a place on the bridge as the first sounds of roars came... things attacking each other and then blaster fire. "Engaging." THe voice was a shout and over the comlink as Junko started to move.

Latyuo Shuy

Smuggler Lady of Atrisia

I smiled and nodded my head as Junko stated that there was value in the colony without the crystals. That seemed obvious to me. If the presence of the crystals was a surprise to the Princess, that meant that colony was placed here before knowledge of the mines was available to the Atrisians. The Atrisians didn’t seem like the type to be about settling all corners of the galaxy just for the heck of it. So I was in solid agreement with Junko’s statement, without knowing exactly what value the Commonwealth saw in Eisei. As I saw Junko’s eyes moving about the luminescent cavern, I started to take note of things too. My own experience probably limited the value my insights would make to the mission, but at least I would have a mental lay of the land before we moved forward.

Junko confirmed my idea that the crystals were not known to the Commonwealth outside of the Eisei colonists.
”If the Commonwealth saw value in Eisei there are others who might have as well. The crystals seem the most obvious reason for outside influence. But still how did someone else find out about the mines? Maybe someone the colonists tried to initiate trade with?”

It was the best theory that I could come up with. Though I didn’t understand why trade from Eisei wouldn’t go through the Commonwealth. Maybe someone had already established their claim on the mines before the colonists arrived? Maybe it was further down the supply chain than the direct traders with the colony…There were so many questions swirling around in my head. I gave a bit of a laugh when Junko suggested that padded accounts should be grown. ”Supisy doesn’t think about the future or what can be done with a substantial sum of wealth. She’s too young and carefree.”

Junko started to guess at the extent of the mines and what good could be done with the value that was held inside. I hoped that soon I would be able to help with such planning, but for now I was just beginning to make the shift from worrying about Supisy, our ship, and myself, to being involved with something much larger. ”An active defense seems like a good first step. Even if we aren’t able to figure out what has happened. Something affected this colony. And likely will try to again if more Atrisians try to settle.”

Junko had decided where we were heading. And I would follow without question. She knew more about these things for certain. Her mention that animals wouldn’t care about the value of the gems within the mines was very true. But some animals were drawn to certain sights, smells or other senses foreign to other beings. Because the animals didn’t care that the crystals were worth something didn’t mean that they wouldn’t have congregated here. As we continued on, to the sewers and over bridges I sighed softly hearing the sounds of feral fighting and the reactions of what I assumed to be soldiers. Junko moved towards the sounds and I raised my blaster and readied for a fight as I followed. ”Here we go…”

Supisy wasn’t sure what was valuable about Eisei, she imagined it had something to do with where it was and that it seemed ready to accept Atrisian life. Since the crystals were buried underground it made complete sense to the young pilot, who didn’t look very deeply into such things, that the crystals were a surprise to someone when they were digging to add infrastructure. ”Hopefully we can find out how much of a factor the crystals were as opposed to the other value of the colony and maybe even someone just targeting Atrisians…Lots of possibilities.”

The comment that essentially to Supisy stated that a bank account could never be too padded, was not untrue. Just from where Supisy was in life her current economic needs were taken care of and she had other wants that would come before she worried about filling her pockets more. Might be that she would grow to regret that, but she had a feeling that working for the Commonwealth she wouldn’t find herself in hard times soon. The fact that her wealth might be used to help others was also something that had passed over Supisy’s thoughts. This actually made the young Twi’lek blush in a rare show of embarrassment. ”I would very much like to be able to help. I’ll keep in mind just how much my accounts can benefit others…”

Supisy tried to ignore Latyuo’s comment about being too young to think about the future. It was hard to argue with, but Supisy was getting older and wiser by the moment in her associations in the Commonwealth. She’d be a person who had more wide ranging thoughts soon enough. But when talk turned to specifics of the mine and tactics to keep the planet secure and such, Supisy’s attention was drawn from the conversation to the glimmering crystals that lit up the chamber. She was brought out of the jewel-induced trance by roars and words over the comms. ”Don’t like the sound of that. Let’s see if we can help”

Junko gave a nod but she was moving with the others... the sounds the first thing when over one fo the arches it opened into a central chamber. The middle of the room a spire while water was around them. Junko was looking as Xifang lept across the water and onto something for a moment. The two things rolling into an alcove.. Ahri finding a position before Junko was activating her lightsaber and spinning around to slash at the ceiling. SOmethign slithering falling down as it was cut in two with Junko holding the saber in one hand. Ahri moving from cover as she took aim with soldiers running down one of the pathways as they fired their blasters.

"Contacts." He said it and the sound of something coming was there as Junko waited a moment and the sight of a nexu came when it lept before the soldier dropped down quickly to the ground. THe soldiers were moving quickly as they switched from their pistols for the tunnels to blades with a flick of the wrist. It was designed as a blade and blaster before AHri fired some shots down the pathway. Into a larger nexu. THe beast snarling but Xifang slashed its face while Junko motioned for the alcoves to be used as cover. Some of the soldiers coming down another pathway with a group of people between them as they fired into the beasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom