Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Educating The Future (Coryth)

In Phylis’ time on Tygara and above it on the Skyport she had not been idle. In between field trips and researching Tygara she had kept up a regular communication with Jedi Master [member="Coryth Elaris"].

On this day however she had contacted Coryth and asked her to come to the Wellspring in order to help her create a new and exciting item she had been researching.

When the Jedi Master arrived she would find Phylis’ rather taciturn droid E-69 waiting to usher her into the Alkahest Forge area.

And so, getting the message from Phylis Coryth soon headed for the Wellspring. It was time to work on another project and who knew, perhaps another adventure too.

Walking up to the ship, she spied the little droid and let him lead her inside to the Forge. "Afternoon, Phylis. Good to see you. So, what newfangled item are you working on today?" She asked softly.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Hmm, well, not so much new as important for me. I want to make a holocron to store information about Alkahest for future generations. I’ve made a holocron before, but this one I want to be more advanced, and I want it to have a proper gatekeeper. I think it might be useful for you as well since you can get first use of it to help your skills too. If that all goes well I have an idea for an item to make for you too!”

She smiled and gestured to a seat. On the work bench between them were several intricate pieces of metal, glowing crystals and complex devices.

Coryth nodded, "Yes, I do remember you mentioning it before. I do agree that it's important for the future. Such knowledge that you have stumbled upon should not be lost, and must be preserved." She took the seat offered, "And an idea for an item for me? What were you thinking of there?"

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
“Hmm, yes. The process of making a holocron is not especially difficult, but it is intricate. The Jedi always recommended that we work in pairs. One would help construct and channel, the other would impart their information. It makes sense. Hmm, but there’s also some healing techniques I think you could impart too – holocrons can hold an amazing amount of information after all!”

“Ah yes, for you. Well, you have never been one for weapons and violence I deem. Thus, I had an idea for a device which you could use to better channel the Light. I was thinking a staff or truncheon type construction. We could alchemise the metal, and inside the length use an array of crystals…Solari possibly. Topped with another crystal we could get a considerable increase in your ability to channel the Force. Of course, it may not work, but I know the Sith were able to use similar devices, so logically we can do the reverse!”

Phylis did so love a geeky challenge.

The redhead nodded, "Yes, it wasn't that long ago that I helped to make one with Siobhan and Mirien for the storage of our collective memories. After that messy business on Alderaan." She gave a small shrug, and moved on. "I agree. There's a lot I can impart there that would be useful. There aren't many healers around. We've always been a rare breed. Same can be said of my use of illusions I suppose. But that I don't know about adding in."

Coryth smiled, "Nope, I never have been. Always defensive skills, always trying never to do harm unless there are absolutely no alternatives. I rather like this idea. I'd love to try it out, and see where we get with it. Who knows what we can create there, until we try."

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
“Hmm, well, I leave it to you to decide what is included. We don’t want things falling into the wrong hands, that is for sure. The galaxy is an uncertain place, and where our relics will be in five hundred or even fifty years we cannot be certain of.”

“The staff is an idea I thought of. Hmm, it should be an interesting exercise.”

She pulled herself back on track before her mind wandered too much.

“Hmmph, let’s get started, shall we? Now, from what I have studied, the first step is to create the gatekeeper. That acts as the central processing area of the holocron where we focus our minds into. So, what we’ll do is have a gatekeeper for each of our areas. I will go first…so if you could…hmm…feed me some energy I will be able to better concentrate on it. Then I’ll do the reverse for you.”

Since gatekeepers tended to take on the personalities of their creators it was pretty clear that Phylis’ would be a little…vague.

Coryth nodded, a bit uncertain of what she'd include. There were so many healing skills she could add. Then the gift of illusions was rare among the Jedi. Few had truly mastered them and could teach them to others. Perhaps she'd need to include something. "I agree. We'll have to ensure our gatekeepers are strong as well, to keep out those who we'd not want to have this knowledge."

The redhead smiled, "I agree, it will be interesting."

Then back on track to the holocron. Her attention turned to the materials in front of them that would form the holocron. "Yes, I can do that. Probably the best that way." She said softly. After settling herself down comfortably, Coryth laid a gentle hand upon Phylis' shoulder. Closing her eyes, the redhead focused and drew upon the infinite strands of power that was the force. It took a moment before she pulled that energy into herself and worked to pass it to Phylis through her touch.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
Old techniques, some not used for centuries or even millennia, sprang into action. Phylis had made a holocron before, but it had not contained such vital information and had been done when her powers were less advanced than they were now.

Now she focused on infusing herself into the crystal before her. When complimented with technology it would create a semi-sentient AI-like creation called the gatekeeper. As each one of these were an imprint of the creator, when Phylis was finally done and plugged the crystal into the matrix a small hologram of herself appeared.

“Ah, hmm, welcome to the Chronicle of Light. What would you like to know?” it asked.

“Perfect! Hmm, what do you think of the name? I didn't tell it that, but I was thinking it.” Phylis said, turning to Coryth. “Now, you can do yours. When we have the information added we can tinker with the security and commands.”
She took up position to feed power to Coryth.

Coryth kept Phylis fed with energy for as long as she needed. Occasionally looking to watch what the brunette was doing exacty. Gatekeepers were interesting things, for sure. A mimic of their creators.

The redhead smiled softly seeing the hologram spring to life. "I think it's a good name. Quite fitting of the contents we plan to inscribe in it."

"My turn, right." The tiny woman nodded and settled down to where she could concentrate best. Another crystal, another gatekeeper, this time Coryth's. Her focus narrowed down to the crystal before her. With Phylis feeding her energy the task was infinitely easier. Soon enough, she'd imprinted herself on the crystal exactly how she planned.

Reaching out, she too plugged the crystal into the matrix of the holocron, and a small hologram of herself appeared. "Welcome to the Chronicle of Light. I'm Jedi Master Coryth Elaris. What would you like to know?" It asked.

"Mmm, I like it. Very ... me." She said with a slightly amused chuckle. "I suppose this takes talking to oneself to a whole new level."

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
“Hmm, I wonder if our holograms will talk when the holocron is done?” Phylis wondered idly. She wondered just how sentient the gatekeepers would be.

“Hmmph, anyway, next step is to start recording information. Now, it requires a good deal of meditation to clear the mind so the only thing in your head is the lesson you want. I think we’re best taking it in turns to recover in between. It will probably take a while…did you want to go first?”

[member="Phylis Alince"], [member="Coryth Elaris"]

It was an important duty to educate the next generation and ensure that knowledge was passed on. The mistakes, failures and accomplishments of the past and present had to be preserved for the betterment of the future. This was a most noble cause.

In their unimpeachable wisdom, her superiors had told Kaida to use her downtime to make a holocron. Personally she could not see the point. Any Angelii worth her name would simply learn. Fancy devices could not replace good old fashioned drill. Kaida had an unhealthy love for drills. Or rather for being mean to recruits in general.

Still, she'd complied like every good soldier, and now found herself in the deepest vault of the Angelii Citadel's library. The Angelii archives were far less extensive than those of the Jedi, though on the flip side the Angelii had to deal with less break-ins.

The Librarian of the First Legion, an Angelii who'd retired from active combat to more scholarly pursuits though she still wore the crimson armour of the praetorian guard, accepted the pyramidal device solemnly. Sciia flowed through the artefact and soon it began to glow, producing the holographic apparition of a severe looking blonde woman dressed in battle armour.

"This is the holocron of Seraph Taldir, Angelii. Why you're taking the lazy way and trying to learn from a holocron instead of putting in actual work is beyond me. But since you're here you might as well pay attention. I am not going to repeat myself or induldge slackers."

Tact, thy name is not Kaida. Hearing this, the librarian gave the Seraph an exasperated look. "Really, really? That is your gatekeeper's intro. Seraph, Taldir, do you take this for a joke? You should feel honoured that the High Seraph picked you."

Kaida looked at her blandly. "Respectfully, I am taking it seriously."

"By calling it the 'lazy way'? If the process was so arduous for you, you should've taken it up with her."

"I was told the gatekeeper is supposed to be a reflection of the creator's personality. If recruits are so wussy these days, they're not worth the Corps' time."

"Clearly we should've picked Seraph Marevera."

"Agreed." It would've given her more quality time with Coryth!

"Does it at least contain any useful information?"

For just a moment Kaida actually looked offended. She took her duties very seriously! "Yes," she said flatly.

"I'd be amused if they did." Coryth said with a smile, having not quite thought about that part of things.

"Well, I think you might better go first. I think you have a more clear idea of what you want to include. So, might as well start there while I figure things out. I'm ready to give you whatever energy I can through the Force to make it easier, so just begin when you are ready." Coryth said encouragingly as she settled down to assist. Once more she sank into the force, to feed Phylis the energy she could.

[member="Phylis Alince"] | [member="Kaida Taldir"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
It wasn’t easy, but it was possible for Phylis Alince to concentrate and focus. It took effort, but any Jedi Master worth her salt could focus when necessary.

She knelt down before the crystal matrix and started to concentrate. The connection between herself and the open holocron was clearly visible through the Force. Slowly, she started to telepathically transmit her lessons into it. In many ways it was easier than speaking, quicker too. One could compartmentalise their mind to send in several streams at once. What’s more, the Force was somewhat curious when it came to time. Perception of time was not always the same from situation to situation.

So when, after transmitting her introduction to Alkahest, she rose, she was surprised that her legs were not sore. A look at the chrono showed it had been only moments since she started.

“Well…it’s been a while. It’s a very curious experience. Do you need any help Coryth, or have you got this?”

Coryth watched, giving what strength Phylis needed to do the work necessary. It was a curious thing to feel through the force. So much power and strength. And the force was flowing something like a river between them and the crystal matrix. For what it was it didn't seem to take as long as she imagined it would.

"I think I'll be okay. I think." Though she wasn't that sure. "Well, on second thought, maybe a little help would be good. Placing lessons in, is a bit different than memories. Just a little guidance would be fantastic."

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
“I’m always happy to help. Hmm,” she said.
Kneeling down behind Coryth she gently placed her fingers on the redhead’s temples.
“Okay…so let’s get started.”

Telepathic conferencing made mere words unnecessary as Phylis showed Coryth the correct way to project her thoughts into the crystal matrix.
When this was done she quietly removed her hands and shuffled back to give Coryth more space to add her knowledge to the holocron.

"Thank you." She said softly, closing her eyes and sinking down into the Force once more.

Telepathic conferencing, certainly did make things easier, simpler. Coryth sighed softly, clearing her mind to focus on what Phylis was showing her.
And then it was her turn. It took a moment to just focus the lessons she wanted to impart to the device. It was a large amount of lessons on healing, with a few small lessons in Illusions to add to it. Slowly, bit by bit Coryth added her lessons. And after what seemed like an eternity, Coryth opened her eyes having completed the task.

"Such a strange experience." She commented quietly. "I think though, that I have managed to include all that I planned to of the healing arts and a few things on Illusions."

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
Phylis committed her second list, these ones more historical and research based, to the holocron. When she was done she stood back, nodded.
“Anything more you wish to add before we seal it?”

That would take effort, enclosing the holocron in Alkahest metal plates to protect it and completing the security protocols.

"Just one last thing." Coryth had finally made up her mind, to include lessons on learning Force Cloak. To be able to render oneself for all intents and purposes invisible was a lovely and extremely powerful thing. Closing her eyes she imparted all she knew on the subject. It would still require the student to actually have the affinity to be able to photo-kinetically bend light and sound waves. It required having that natural gift which few force sensitives actually did. It was extremely difficult to learn otherwise.

She pulled back after imparting those final lessons. "Now, I believe I'm finished. I think it's time for us to seal the holocron."

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
Phylis nodded, and after some final commands herself she knelt down and concentrated.
“I could do with your assistance to focus me, Coryth,” she said. Two minds were better than one!

Together they made all the components, gears, crystals and outer shell levitate and click together into one seamless hole. With a final click the last piece snapped into place and Phylis took the surprisingly heavy object and laid it on the bench.

“Shall we activate it?” she asked eagerly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom