Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Edit Tabs without BBCode

Right, so first of all: I love the new Tabs function, and I very much like being able to access BBCode, e.g. in order to copy something without risking the content bugging out.

One thing that I find significantly less appealing is that the content held inside tabs seems to default to BBCode once saved and retains that state regardless of the textbox settings when editing. This, of course, makes it rather difficult to edit said content without first moving it to another post, converting it to BBCode and back again, editing it, then repeating the process in return. A rather odd way of doing things, in my opinion.

Simply put, it would be great if it was possible to edit the contents of tabs without having to mess around with BBCode. If this isn't possible or feasible for some technical reason or another? Well, fair enough - I just wanted to check.

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying, but I think I have a good guess on what it is. I think one of the most stable ways to edit posts with a lot of code inside is to enter the BB-code mode before you start editing. You can do this by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and toggling it off by clicking the cog-symbol to the right where you normally write a new post. When you do this, the edit mode will default to whatever toggle you have. When the additional functions are turned off and everything is in BB-code, the risk of the content bugging out seem to be much smaller.

This does not really seem to match what you're asking for, but it does allow you to edit the post directly instead of having to move onto another post to do it.

I hope I didn't completely misunderstand what you said and that this was at least a little helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom