Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Echoy'la be Werda - Lost in the Shadows [Ordo, Arrbi Betna, Mia Monroe]

He watched the interaction closely and twitched slightly at Ordo's eyes. The revolver never left his hand, but he saw Anija was in his line of fire.

The young mando slowly, cautiously, stepped to the side a little bit. If Ordo attacked for whatever reason, he'd be ready, but he wouldn't forgive himself if something happened to Anija. That was something that could not be forgiven.

He said nothing still. This really wasn't his fight, though if Ordo decided to fight it certainly would be. He just kept a wary eye on things for now. That was all he really could do at this point.

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Ordo"] [member="Mia Monroe"]

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Mia Monroe"]

Her hand came hard across his face and he looked back unmoving as she gripped his chin. His burning golden eyes like twin suns stared back at her and he made an expression alien to the man he had once been. His face held a mask of wicked delight as he smiled widely.

"That name no longer holds any meaning to me" he said in a deep hollow voice as the man he was screamed inside his head for her not to listen that is wasn't her buir but it was supressed by the stronger being inside his mind.

Ordo's body shook as for the first time in public the two fought again for dominance. A hand dangerously close to his ripper struggled before he abruptly turned away.

"Your father's dead girl go home." The voice said as he syarted for his ship.

His golden eyes were... haunted. She could see the hatred burning within them. But there was something else there as well. Sadness. She felt his hand twitch towards his ripper, and she tightened her grip for a moment before he wrenched himself free entirely. At that, her breath caught in her throat. Swallowing hard, she drew a breath to try and steady her nerves for what she was going to do next. She'd felt the darkness seeping from [member="Ordo"] and it left a cold lump in the pit of her stomach.

That was not the man who had raised and trained her. In fact, it was the complete opposite... and in the worst way. Squeezing her eyes shut, she moved forward, as she also tried to hold him immobile in the Force. "Nayc. He is not dead, you kriffing hut'uun. You use others to do your dirty work and are unwilling to face your opponents without this body..." She knew she was walking a fine line by goading the entity which had possessed Ordo, but she didn't much care. She'd always been a bit reckless.

Gritting her teeth, she tightened her grip on his wrist as she stepped forward. In the next instant, she pressed the muzzle of her ripper to the back of his knee. Then, she pulled the trigger. 'Ni ceta.....' she whispered over what connection she and Ordo shared, hpoing he would hear.

[member="Arrbi Betna"]
[member="Mia Monroe"]

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Anija Ordo"]

His burning eyes went out for a moment just before the shot went off and the weapon tore through armorweave and flesh before shattering bone. He let out a brief "Gah" as he stumbled and fell to the ground.

A second later his eyes turned back to twin suns again and he began to laugh. He pulled his ripper out looked over his shoulder at the daughter and her beaux then pressed the ripper to his own elbow and with a terrible smile pulled the trigger. Armorweave, flesh, and bone all shattered and tore as the weapon sprayed blood across the sacrred face of Ordo.

He stood slowly the pain seeming to be nothing the l8mbs froced to move deapite the damage. The ripper in his hand found a soft spot beneath his chin and those wicked eyes looked at them both.

"Should I do it for you?" He asked his voice echoing lightly. "Do you want this to continue or will you leave"

ANIJA!

Mia screamed through the force at her neice, panic rising. She knew he would do it, she knew the sith that had a hold of [member="Ordo"] would kill him just to spite this girl.

Keep your head, ad'ika. Walk away. Do not force his hand.

She reached for her beuax, for Betna. He might not be force sensitive but her would still here her.

Arrbi, get her out of here!

[member="Arrbi Betna"]
[member="Anija Ordo"]

For perhaps half a second, she thought she had succeeded. Even so, her stomach twisted at the mere thought of doing something like that to her own buir. And then...whatever was controlling him did just the thing she feared he might. As [member="Ordo"] pressed his own ripper to his elbow, and pulled the trigger, Anija paled. She had thought the pain might give him a little clarity... but it had the exact opposite effect. Her hands began to shake and her own ripper clattered to the landing platform beneath their feet as she watched Ordo stand - even with the blown knee - and press the muzzle of his ripper up under his own chin.

"N...nayc..." she whispered, still trying to reach out to him through the Force. 'Ni....ceta....' she whispered through their connection, tears of frustration slowly tracing down her cheeks behind her visor. Keeping her gaze on his face, she found herself jolted slightly as she heard [member="Mia Monroe"] scream through the Force. She winced, and lifted a hand to her visor for a moment. Then, she called her own ripper to her and backed up a step. And another.

With each step, it felt as if she was leaving him behind. She had no idea what would happen. Gritting her teeth, she dug her fingers into the fabric of her flight suit and clenched them hard. 'Remember Corellia....' she sent to him. She remembered that day like it was yesterday. She had been so happy when he had told her he was taking her away from that place. She hoped.... that just maybe, that happy memory might help Ordo break the Sith's control.

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

Betna took a few steps forward and gently grabbed Anija by the crook of her elbow. He couldn't hear or see or feel Mia's presence, but they were of the same mind. He pulled her gently behind him and stared at Ordo.

No, not Ordo. Ordo was there, somewhere, but not now. This wasn't the jovial man that he'd split drinks with at the tapcaf with Anija and Rianna. This was someone else. Someone dark. Something evil.

"Anija, get into the Pathfinder," he said calmly and firmly. "We're done here. There's no reasoning with... whatever that thing is in his head."

As he kept her moving backwards, Arrbi kept an eye on Ordo. Betna's revolver was still in his hand, still ready for use, but he kept it low. He didn't want Ordo dead, but the coward thing inside him held Anija's beloved father hostage in his own body. That was something that was worse for her than Ordo's death, it seemed. It wasn't a clean cut like a death would. It was as if Ordo could be seen and heard and felt but from far away through a cloud of darkness.

And there was nothing they could do about it right now.

"Dar'jetti!" Betna called out to the thing controlling Ordo, his voice calm and controlled despite his anger and frustration. Not at Ordo or the thing that held him hostage, but at the thing's effect on his beloved. "You hold a good man in your wretched claws. A man I wish to call father some day."

Arrbi stared Ordo in the eyes. No, not Ordo's eyes. Its eyes.

"When next we meet, you'll die and I'm bringing Ordo home. I'll see you on the field."

[member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

Without hesitation the ripper moved from beneath his chin and into his mouth then fired lraving a hole in his tan cheek before going back under his chin.

He slowly began backing to his ship leaving his old buy'ce on the ground. Within moments he hobbled onto the old YT-2000 and the door closed. Ordo screamed for Anija from within the cage of his own mind, a prisoner forced to watch as his own hands tormented the ones he loved. He screamed to for Mia, begging for her forgiveness but could only hope he would soon be dead too.

"I will Kill you Sith..." Ordo said to the entity that held him, "If it's the last thing I do."

He recieved only laughter in return.

Anija felt [member="Arrbi Betna"] grip her by the arm and gently but firmly begin to guide her towards the Pathfinder. Even so, she fought against his grip, her gaze locked onto Ordo's form. She could see dark red stains seeping down the leg of his flightsuit and from the elbow. Her mouth went dry. If he didn't get medical help soon... he'd bleed out. she stared at him, willing herself to meet the golden eyes of the creature which held [member="Ordo"] hostage in his own body.

Her hands tightened into fists at her sides, and she could feel them shaking. In anger... frustration... she knew not. But what she did know what this: She would kill that fething creature and rip it from Ordo's mind. Her thoughts were jarred back to the present as she heard another shot from Ordo's ripper. Her gaze snapped back to his face, and she paled, stumbling against Arrbi as she saw that the creature had forced his own ripper into his mouth and made him fire it. Such a shot could very well be fatal.

She watched him turn and hobble away to his own ship, just as she and Arrbi reached the top of the Pathfinder's boarding ramp. But he'd left something behind. His buy'ce lay discarded on the ground where he had left it. Anija bit her lip. "Arrbi, gedet'ye. We can't leave that here...." She gripped his arm hard, while her other hand fumbled and finally palmed the Pathfinder's hatch control. The airlock began to cycle slowly, and she stumbled inside as the hatch slid aside.

'[member="Mia Monroe"]... is he lost to us....? Is there anything that can be done..?' she pleaded with the spirit of the Liberator.

Betna nodded once and waited for Anija to get inside the ship. Once she was, he made his way to the discarded helmet and stopped there. He stared at Ordo's ship for a long minute in thoughtful silence. So much had changed in such a short time. Being a Mando meant to adapt to change. To understand change and move with it to survive.

It didn't mean Arrbi liked it, though.

He stooped for a moment and carefully picked up the buy'ce Ordo had left behind in the dirt. He had no idea why it was left there, why Ordo had discarded it. Maybe the creature wanted to leave a calling card. Maybe it just didn't care. Perhaps Ordo surfaced long enough to leave it behind for Anija. Perhaps it was just chance or fate playing a cruel joke. In the end, it didn't matter.

Betna took the helmet in his hand and made his way back to the Pathfinder. They'd been through Hell this past few days. Or was it weeks? It had blurred together so badly he didn't know anymore. All he knew was that despite the Hell they'd come through, they'd not even touched the gates yet.

I wish I had answer for you, Anija. I wish that I could tell you will will be well.

What I can tell you is simply this; I will not rest until your father is back, or dead. If it was me, he would do the same.

She fell silent for some time until Betna was back on the ship, back with her.

Look for me on Annaj.

Then she was gone.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Ordo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom