Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

East of Eden

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Silver Temple
Voss

It had been some time since the Incursion fell. Another giant robot invasion featuring a mysterious superweapon and the subsequent galactic coalition of heroes that rose to stop it. For the trillions of citizens of the Chaos Galaxy, it was a route all too familiar. Time had past, yes. But the troubles of the galaxy had not.

Jessica Matthews sat in training room 201 just above the temple's Great Hall. A laptop terminal on the bench next to her. Procrastinating the work and the various spreadsheets that lay upon it. Musing to herself in quiet contemplation. With the doors open at the head of the room she could hear the clamor of the masses below. Making the emptiness of the room feel somewhat more lively. Reminding her of the great green world beyond these walls, and the giant galaxy above that waited for no man.

She wore a long silver Jedi robe that fell about her ankles easily. Low cut in the neck to reveal her better features and with the last of white bandages around her strong wrists. Indeed, the last of the reminders of their battle on Tartarus. A parting gift from the Foreman. She was almost healed completely now from his effects. Eager to put the past behind her.

Sitting on the bench, she nodded, and looked up towards the open doors again. He would be here soon. The warrior who so quietly requested an audience. That same [member="Andorreth Vikar"] whom she had met less than a week before.

She sighed and tapped a finger against her chin,

"I wonder. Hm. Why ever would he wish to see me?"

I'd been.....angry, rage filled since Tartarus. It wasn't right for a Corellian to be caged... I'd been on Voss for the past day. Last time here I'd sassed a Master who'd bugged my ship and treated me as any other common smuggler. I took issue with that and had made it known, now I was headed towards a training room. Room 201 it seemed..... After stopping a young padawan to ask for directions they'd looked over my armor and said that Master Matthews was waiting for someone there. They'd also said she was a bit....quirky, playful even but serious. I'd inclined my head slightly and then been told I wasn't a "normal" Jedi recruit that Jedi didn't wear Beskar. Smiling at that I'd said "no I'm definitely not little one." I'd taken the lift up to the training rooms and began walking towards the training room. Standing outside the room now 201, I opened the door and turning towards my left I saw Master Matthews though this time she seemed less armored up.

Inclining my head I brought my right fist horizontally against my vertical facing left open palm. "Master Matthews, good to see you up and about. Last time we met I was dressed for war, more so than now I apologize for the beskar'gam it seemed to put some of the padawans and other jedi on edge...."

[member="Jessica Matthews"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica smiled and waved the comment away,

"Well. All the less for them, I suppose. Hehe."

She nodded and ushered Vikar to the center of the room.

"...Oh. A leave the door open, yes. Ah. Much better."

She enjoyed the sound of the open doors. A reminder of the busyness of the Temple beyond.

Jessica then closed her laptop and crossed her knees. Setting her strong hands back into her lap with a smile.

"Well then. What can I do for you today Master Vikar, hmm?"

[member="Andorreth Vikar"]

Sinking to a seated lotus position in full beskar I smirked at Master Matthews comment of there being less beskar for the padawans. She placed a laptop away and asked what she could do for me. A loaded question for sure... "Master Matthews I orginally came to the temple here to drop off supplies. Crystals for whatever use the Silver Jedi could do with them and Med-supplies, this was prior to the Incursion incident. I was told of several Masters that were here that I could be sure to trust from a former student here. She said of all the people you were one that could be trusted with everything...I know you saw some of the talent I have with The Force on Tartarus sand mostly. I came looking for guidance with learning how to better harness these gifts as there's much I don't know still. I'm not sure how this sort of arrangement would work however.... Perhaps you could help me with understanding and learning?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jess nodded and looked at her laptop for a moment. Then back at Vikar,

"That depends. What do you wish to learn?"

After all. Clearly he did not wish to learn how to be a Jedi.

Honesty and be laughed at by a Jedi Master or lie? She'd know I was lying anyways should I try, pausing I finally spoke "Well Master Matthews, I already am waiting on speaking to the headmistress of The Silver Jedi Order to see about employment as a sort of rogue element the Silver Jedi would be able to use. I was hoping for anything you could teach on The Force, if possible I'd like to earn the ability to access higher tier information and perhaps serve the Silver Jedi as a sort of rogue knight. A tool in the toolbox of the Silver Jedi perhaps... I'm not sure what I and my particularly lethal and unseen talents could perhaps be used for. Covert espionage perhaps Master Matthews?"

Somehow I felt that she was evaluating me, I'd already at least somewhat proved my talents on Tartarus....I'd also seen the bandages on Master Matthews wrists. Those would've been far worse had I not been there with her on Tartarus....at the very least I could learn whatever it was she wished to teach me or would allow me to learn...

Jsc

Disney's Princess
This was indeed an evalution. Not because such things were traditional or even called for. No. It was an evaluation because Jess had no idea what Vikar was. A mystery.

"What do you seek, Master Vikar?"

She paused,

"What is your purpose?"

Again. These were not mystical questions meant to boggle the mind nor incense the passions. She simply wanted to know what Vikar was. According to his own words and perspective on life.

Well that was an interestingly phrased way of my question for the last months.... Interesting that the way the question came they came as answer too... Looking towards Master Matthews I said "Master Matthews I'd say I am seeking purpose. I'm what you'd call a self made man, exiled from my home estate for a crime I didn't commit. Adopted formally by a member of the Dar'manda, I'm excellent at killing but that's not what made my reputation. I earned that by getting so close and not shedding blood. Poison to knock unconscious, gas charges instead of full explosives, knives dipped in knockout poisons yet coated in bacta so the wounds would heal without harm. I can't tell you what my purpose is , but I can absolutely tell you that I'm the razor and not the hammer. Except I stay as far away from a body count as I can. I'm an exiled noble who is incredibly good at espionage and bounty hunting. Better at surveillance lethal if called to be, that's more to do with the woman who adopted and trained me."

Pausing I looked towards Master Matthews and held her gaze. "I'd rather be doing something for good with those skills than simply being a smuggler or another assassin. I'd heard of Silver Shadows from the person who sent me here. I figured that might be a career choice, the sand you saw on Tartarus? That's about the only practiced Force ability I have, I can do other things but only in certain circumstances pulling you to safety on Tartarus for example. I had the desire pure as it could be to protect another, I willed it to happen and it did. I'm shall we say a hammer when it comes to Force abilities I'd rather be a scalpel, cause minimal damage or if needed at least controlled. I'm a passable sworsdman but not in the Jedi ways...I wish to learn and make myself useful if possible."

"Does that answer your questions and underlying questions Master Matthews?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Ah. Silver Shadows. That made more sense. I think Jessica had a clearer picture now of what Vikar was. And, what he wanted from her.

She smiled and nodded.

"Yes. That answers all my questions perfectly. Hehe. Thank you."

Then she took a moment to stand up and gather up her laptop terminal. Then turned and nodded again.

"Alas. I am sorry. I cannot give you what you seek."

She shrugged.

"I'm sorry you were misinformed. But I only train traditional Jedi Knights. Nothing more. Nothing less. Again, I apologize."

Jessica bowed and then stood up straight.

"If there is nothing else? I'll take my leave. ...And, a pleasure to see you again Master Vikar. The galaxy needs more heroes like yourself. Always."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom