Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Dynamis Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: A combat pet for a beast master type mercenary character

Image Credit:
Silgiriya

Canon: No (though uses dna from saber cats , parwan and horansi

Permissions: NA

Links: Creator genetic donors 1 , 2 , 3

1441305365.png

GENERAL INFORMATION
Name
: Felidae Dynamis or Dynamis Cat

Designation: Semi-sentient

Origins: Dynamis cats were first conceived on Arkania. As both the ancestral home of Dr Issant and a hotbed of genetic engineering it was a perfect environment to craft predators of all sorts. It should be noted that the genetic donors for the Dynamis cat originate on Mutanda in the case of Horansi , Monastery in the case of the Sabre Cat and Parwa in the case of the Parwan. Though these native worlds are considerably warmer than Arkania the dynamis cat would have little trouble thriving in an icy climate as they are not particularly picky as far as food goes and can generate their own heat.

Average Lifespan: 30-35 years

Estimated Population: Semi-Unique 1 adult male specimen exists while there are 13 frozen embryo being kept in storage.

Description: The Dynamis cat is similar in appearance to its forebear the Saber Cat though often lacking the distinctive purple that characterizes saber cat fur . It is a large predatory feline that can exhibit many coat types depending on the environment in which is is currently living. What sets the Dynamis cat apart from most other felines are the numerous spiked protrusions that grow from its body. These combined with horns that grow from its head (one horn on its head end up giving the creature a highly dangerous appearance.

PHYSICAL INFORMATION

Breathes
: Type 1 atmosphere breathable. Dynamis cats share the same atmospheric needs as humans and most other galactic life when it comes to breathing.

Average Height of Adults: 1.37 meters at shoulders (male), 1.21 meters (female)

Average Length of Adults: 3.65 meters length ( male) 2.89 meters (female)

Skin color: Ashy grey

Hair color: Variable colors and patterns to fur.

Distinctions: Dynamis cats posses in addition to their spiked horns the unique ability to generate both fields and arcs of electricity from their bodies. A trait inherited and modified from the parwan . Due to the structural nature of their fur and certain oils on their skin they are not harmed by the electricity that they generate. This electricity field can be used to paralyze unprotected targets that are close by while their arcs can be used to maim and kill depending on the intensity.

Races: NA

Force Sensitivity: Non -sensitive

Strengths:

Apex predator

Dynamis cats are immensely dangerous predators with myriad weapons at their disposal. In addition to powerful claws , teeth and spikes they are capable of channeling paralyzing electricity in a five foot field around their person strong enough to stun a wookie. They may also fire off concentrated bolts from their horn protrusions capable of striking faraway targets (up to 70 feet). Dynamis cats have a good balance between speed and strength with neither being overemphasized to the detriment of the other.

Trinune brain

This creature's brain is divided into three sectors each capable of taking over the jobs of the other sectors and shutting down facets of cognition should one area become compromised. During normal activity the first sector of the creatures brain is dedicated to thought processing and motor functions. The second constantly scans sensory information to detect paracausal (aka supernatural) changes in the environment and locate their point of origin. The third acts as a safeguard to mental tampering or possession by preternatural forces. Should mental influence be detected all of it will be directed to the third sector of the brain which will then cease operation allowing the other parts to continue on independently. If simply a passing effect such as a mind trick it will resume function as normal once the power is found to be ineffective. A possessing spirit however will be regulated to a cordoned off part of the brain and trapped in a small neural web from which it will have great difficulty detaching and escaping from. Creatures with triune brains are as a rule semi-sentient and capable of complex planning. They also possess parts of the brain directly intended to interface with mechanical devices used for direct commands from handlers but can also easily understand verbal and visual direction as well.

Weaknesses:

Water averse

Dynamis cats hate being immersed or covered in water. This is more than just their feline instincts at work. A soaking removes the oil that protects the Dynamis cat from its own electricity and thus make generating energy both dangerous and painful for the dynamis cat. It takes around 20-30 minutes for a Dynamis cat once dry to secret the necessary oils recoating itself for a proper blast of lightning.

Burnout

While incredibly deadly Dynamis cats are primarily ambush predators. They use up and immense amount of energy through both their swift movements and their electricity generation. Subsequently this means that they are poorly suited for a protracted battle and will begin to get sluggish and sloppy if the conflict drags on too long.

Sufficiently advanced technology

While the triune brain is a marvel of bioengineering skill it does present one large problem. Technology that is sufficiently advanced to create effects with no seemingly probable cause (even to the expanded senses that triune creatures often possess) tends to set their inherent force radar off. This can cause violent outbursts at those who are not their primary targets. They must also be properly contained / sedated during hyperspace travel as it plays havoc with the creatures processing causing it to become intensely paranoid towards anyone it is unfamiliar with.

CULTURE

Diet
: Carnivorous, will eat almost any kind of meat palatable to a regular big cat.

Communication: Meows , hisses , roars and purrs are all used to some extent. Also cheek rubbing.

Technology level: NA

Religion/Beliefs: NA

General behavior: Dynamis cats are predators crafted to be capable of hunting either solo on in packs. At a young age they can be bonded with a non force using humanoid that they will view as their master. If no master has presented themselves they will revert to instinctual behavior searching out a pack and being lead by an alpha (usually an older male but the species will also follow the leadership of a matron). In addition to regular hunting dynamis cats will roam and track down force users to kill. They are intelligent and will use complex tactics in order to lure their quarry into a trap such as badly wounding a small animal for jedi while waiting for the knight to heal the creature and then launching killing arcs of lightening and having a smaller member of the pack engage a Sith before retreating while feigning injury and leading them into danger.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Dynamis cat was the first product of Dr Verul Issant's anti force user project. Crafted by using saber cat embryos and adding traits from the horansi and parwan to increase intelligence and grant them the use of electrical powers a creature was created that could both effectively ambush the space warlocks engaging in both close and mid range combat. Despite Dr Issant's brilliance when it came to genetic manipulation the problem of how a creature that didn't have rubbery skin like the parwan could utilize electricity in a similar manner without injuring itself was vexing. This was solved through enabling the feline to produce oils within its skin that would coat it and its fur and allow it to effectively turn aside both its own electrical attacks and those of others. While only one active specimen of the Dynamis cat has reached adulthood (which occurs at 2 years) there are numerous others in the fetal stage ready to be unthawed should something unfortunate happen to subject 001.

Last edited:
ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Hey Verul Issant Verul Issant ! I’ll be judging your sub today.

I gotta say Dynamis Cats are super cool. I love that you’ve implemented and described their triune brains! It’s a really unique feature I just have a few things for you to change and then we can get to approving this sub!

• First things first! The link for the image you’ve used directs me to an Instagram page that doesn’t actually have the image you’re using on it. I’ve gone ahead and found the correct link to the artist’s deviant art submission of the image and lined it here . Please update your image credit link with this one!

• Regarding image credit, you seem to have linked another image here in your name section –
    Name: Felidae Dynamis or Dynamis Cat
    I’m not sure if this was intentional or an accident but please update your image credit links with the appropriate link for the image you’ve used. If you’re struggling to find it, please don’t hesitate to tag me in a post here and I’ll be happy to help you find it.

• The origins section here could do with a little extra clarification. The template suggests this –
    Origins: [ This can be a planet (canon or Chaos canon sub), a company's lab, a region of space, extra-galactic, etc. Provide a link if applicable. ]
    While what you’ve written so far is by no means wrong, I’d love to see a link to the planet they were created on. Something a little more solid so that readers know where they came from!

• In your physical information section, you’ve stated that the Dynamis cat breaths air. Again, this isn’t fundamentally wrong but the template suggests listing the type of atmosphere they can breathe in (or the medium if you want to go really into detail). I’ve linked the atmosphere types here for you to look over. It looks like the Dynamis cat can breathe in your standard earth-like atmosphere so I would suggest listing the “Type I/One” atmosphere here instead of just air.

With these few minor changes we should be on the move to getting these awesomely deadly kitties approved!

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm glad you like them!

I have updated all the stuff so it should be good to go I think. The second small link in the page was a joke meant to be stumbled on by a friend who told me that I was essentially playing Pokémon in space.

ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
I can totally understand why your friend said that. I'm backing them on it :p

However, regardless of the reason, the image credit does need to be linked if you're using it in your sub. I'm happy with the other changes you've made. So once you've either credited the artist of that image or removed if from your sub we'll be good to go!

Thank you :D

Verul Issant Verul Issant

Verul Issant Verul Issant | Andromeda Malvern Andromeda Malvern

Greetings,

This is a well-done submission but there are just a few very small things to update.

1.) Permissions: Should state "N/A" if there are none to observe.

2.) Height & Length: Per the Template - These actually have to be in metric.
Average Height of Adults: 4,5 feet at shoulder height (male), 4 feet at shoulder height (female)
Average Length of Adults: 12 foot length ( male) 9.5 foot length (female)

3.) This is not something you need to change, but, in the future, I would ask that you make your hyperlinks a different color in your submissions so that the judges can see them. Ex.) Arkania. It actually IS linked but you can't tell unless you hover your mouse over it.
2f539e0e4700ad3db7921a30bd7abc75.png

If you can't do it due to the div template I understand. It would just make things easier.

Please feel free to tag me when you're ready for me to take another pass.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom