Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Dying' For Attention (Character Intro)

Last Night

The silhouette of a man hunched down, illuminated by moonlight in the dark rainy night, Pierce was hunched above a jedi as he clamoured for life, squeezing his neck with all his might before the jedi stopped squirming. As the jedi went limp, Pierce reached his right hand into the front pocket of his tactical vest, he slid out a small stick with a light on it and pressed the button on it's back. He pulled open the lid of the Jedi's eye with one hand, and with the other pushed the button and aimed. The back of the small device let out a flourecent green glow, giving Pierce all the information that he needed. He pulled the lightsaber from the belt of the dead jedi and placed it back on his.

"Damned Fool, I could have taken you in warm." Pierce shook his head and slipped the small device back into one of his pouches with his free hand. As soon as both hands were free, he wrapped his arms around the dead Jedi and lifted him up. "You almost weren't worth the fight."

Now

Pierce sat silently in the dark corner of the cantina away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the drinking patrons. He was looking down, with reflection of a flame shining in his midnight visor. He shifted, moving his head forwards as his right hand let down the little tourch and he grabbed the little scapple, etching a single talley into armor from his forearm. He quickly pulled away as soon as the mark was left and grabbed the tools with his thick leather glove, and shove them into their respective pouches. After putting the tools away, Pierce grabbed the hot piece of beskar and snapped it back onto place on his arm. He quickly tightened the piece before leaning back and resting his back against the grimy wall of this depressing little cantina.

"Can I help you sir?"

Pierce lifted his head and glared at the scrawny young man in rags that stood before him. Without saying a word, he reached into his pocket and grabbed a handful of credits. He reached out his hand and gave them to the young man. Subtly, Pierce nodded his head in the direction of the bar.

"Of course sir, I'll be right back."

Pierce looked out at this little cantina as the man walked away. It was too calm for his taste, and he had stuck around too long. He needed to find some work, or move on once again. Either way, he couldn't risk getting too comforatble here.

She put her helmet on, hiding the green skin and completing the Beskar'gam that she wore. Not belonging to her, not truly, but to the woman that raised her. As a slave life was long and hard. But she was freed by Hayi Suuk, and from there, she was taught a better life. Not a normal life, but a better one. Unfortunately that woman died, and Kat donned her armor both out of respect and necessity. Her walk through the place went mostly uninterrupted, probably thanks in part to the armor. Kat would never forget her, because she was like a mother to her. She still felt guilt sometimes for it, but at the same time, it seemed like the right thing to do.

She stepped into a Cantina, a few of the less busy glanced at her before returning to what they were doing. Thankfully. In places like this, you never know when someone was going to pull something ridiculous. She sat down at the bar and ordered a Corellian ale. She leaned back in her chair waiting, as she did, she glanced around. Pretty much the expected. Some of these people probably had committed quite a few crimes. She was used to that though, she'd been in worse places. Some of those where she'd gathered a bit more unwanted attention. That look around though did manage to catch someone in a darker corner of the room, that infrared vision built into the helmet really helped sometimes.

Her ale arrived and she nodded to the bartender, removing her helmet and holding it under an arm as she got up taking a swig of the drink and bringing it with her. Sometimes the people hiding away in the darkness were the most interesting. Hadn't done wrong in the past to find out, if there was something she was fine with, it was being the first to talk. She approached the seeming mandalorian with the blood red paint on his helmet, not facing him directly, but rather intentionally moving so that she'd end up facing mostly the way he was. Taking another sip of her drink before actually speaking, "Don't like sitting around everyone else do you?" she asked simply, watching to see his response. Not that there was much to see with the mask. But she'd spoken with creatures that barely even had faces so it wasn't that unusual.
[member="Pierce"]

God, he was thirsty.

Red swung open the doors of the cantina and immediately made his way to the bar.

"Bartender! Give me something stout!" He said, short of breath.
"You're gonna put that thing away before I serve you a damn thing." The bartender said gruffly.

Red looked down onto the counter where his lightsaber was placed, clear enough for everyone at the bar to see. He quickly slipped it under his coat. This wasn't Dantooine anymore, he couldn't just brandish his weapon.

"Sorry, not from around here."

"I could tell. Don't be making any trouble with that."

"You don't have to worry."

Red looked around as he sipped his drink. A backwater cantina wasn't much to look at no matter what planet you were on, but the sight of two whole Mandalorians was new to Red. Sitting at a booth on the other side of the room were two of the legendary warriors he had read about. Not only were they legendary in a fight, but Red knew of their reputation as bounty hunters. Perhaps they could help him, or at least direct him to someone that could...

[member="Kat Kenrid"] [member="Pierce"]

That low, rumbling hum once more greeted the cabin as Onik dropped out of hyperspace.

"Are you sure we're not being followed?" Came the pleading of the Mon Calamari in his passenger seat.

For the sixth time since they left, and for the fourth time he halted his steering to turn himself to face the small 'noble'. It wasn't like there was any witnesses up here. He could kill him, and just take the money for transport.

"Look. Mr Sano. I didn't kill her, so she could technically limp her way to a ship. This isn't a core planet, and you say you don't have a tracker. I definitely do not. We are just about to make planet fall, and if the people here don't like my face for some reason, you'll want to be quiet and buckled in."

Of course this was only a temporary silencing to his client, but with the rock of the ship breaching atmosphere, he had little time to worry about being pestered again before they were safely grounded, disembarked, and he was paid what he was owed. Once he'd locked down the ship, and swapped from his TEA-4 to his TEA-5 armor, he was on his way to the nearest cantina to unwind. He was paying no attention to the hooded figure floating alongside him. He'd had time to grow used to it, but he absolutely hated it every time someone walked through the figure. It didn't help to convince him Chummy wasn't real, he knew too much whenever he showed up.

Ignoring him, he'd announce, "Retrieve Client 4 data." Letting the display in the periphery of his vision pull up the picture of the client looking for protection and passage off-world. They were set to meet in this cantina, but that didn't mean on friendly terms. He did mention he might be coming in hot. This settled him with his A-280 strapped onto his back just in case. There were a few other shady types in the din, but he'd pick a spot straight out from the front door. He wanted to see if his ward needed help or not, and be able to make an exit. The wall behind him couldn't be too sturdy.

He waved off the request for drinks, he would wait an hour.

Pierce stared silently at [member="Kat Kenrid"] as she spoke, he hope that the view of her own reflection and absense of response would be enough to get her to bugger off and not cause a scene, but after a moment of her, either not picking up the hint, or just not caring, he shifted in his seat. He stared at her through his Helmet, not breaking his stare.

"Here you are sir, a tall glass of our finest. Can I get you anything else?" As the man lowered the drink, Pierce simply shook his head lightly and the man walked away.

Turning his head back to Kat who, for some reason, still sat across from him, he cleared his throat. He started off, his voice of a somewhat light tone with a moderate rasp, "I don't appear to be the social type?" He glanced around the cantina as a loud patron came in shouting, 'Great, another possible pest'. "Alright then, can I do something for you?" Subtly, Pierce unclipped his holster in case he needed a quick draw, then he slid his hand up onto the table and shifted his drink to the side. He had a feeling that, if she didn't have anything for him, this loud rambler would. Slightly moving his head he locked a stare with a suspicious man in armor across the bar who'd been sitting there for some time, 'Trouble, fun', Pierce though, 'just what I need'.

[member="Kat Kenrid"] [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] [member="Redoran Karr"]

[member="Pierce"] [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] [member="Redoran Karr"]
There was a bit of a pause between her question. He just kind of stared at her between his visor. She pursed her lips waiting to see if he actually intended to answer. She had to kind of wonder, when he finally did speak. If his comment on appearances was a joke, a legitimate question, or a mockery. It was admittedly a little hard for her to tell. She didn't have to think about it too long before the doors swung open for another person, temporarily pausing things as she raised an eyebrow at them. And especially at the lightsaber he set down on the table, she narrowed her eyes in thought. Dramatic jedi, enthusiastic sith, or some kind of...neither? It was hard to tell these days. There was another as well, in some pretty extreme armor. Seemed the type who could be dangerous. Mandalorians sure had a reputation as skilled fighters and hunters, but they were also not known for random outbursts or causing trouble outside of a job. A man waving around a lightsaber, activated or not, and big hulking armored people, they held a bit less reputation in Kat's history.

She glanced as she thought she saw the man fiddle with his weapon or holster before putting his hand back on the table. After that she managed to answer his next question about if there was anything he could do for her, "Mostly just wanted...to see what was up I guess. You seemed like you might be more on edge. Not that that's uncommon in a place like this." she took another swig of her drink setting it down, not even remotely considered about the possibility of drunkenness it always took quite a bit to get to her. And she knew pretty well how to control herself on the rare occasion it did happen. "Sorry if I am bothering you, just curious sometimes."

In short order, it seems he'd warranted the attention of a few other patrons who seemed to have a knack for standing out. With his external helmet speakers still off, he'd sigh and pivot his head in the direction of the man staring at him, well, as can be assumed by the other helmet. He'd fiddle with his arm for a moment before the lights ignited in the previously dark slants in the face of the helmet.

After the scan of those two, then the loud one by the bar he'd sigh, returning his gaze to the front door for a bit. Sure, one mando and small arms wouldn't be much of a fight. He didn't like his chances against two of them if things went south.

Hold on. His gaze would return to the helmeted one and his speakers would kick on so he could actually be heard.

"Guy in the recycled helmet, are you perchance looking for a ride off-world?"

It could be his client for the ride off world. That would certainly make things easier. It could be that these two were part of the obstacles for getting him safe. Who knew? Granted, his client was, in all actuality already dead. He had no way of knowing though, poor merc.

Red peered around the room as he drank. More and more armored men and women were appearing by the minute. It was one of the large armored men that caught his attention.

Did he say transport off-world? Red had been looking to get off this world for days now, and despite his aversion to bounty hunters, he supposed it was worth the risk if he could get off this planet and continue his journey.

He downed what was left of his drink and got to up to approach the men.

"Hey there pal, I heard you say ride off-world? What does someone have to pay around here for that?"

[member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] [member="Kat Kenrid"] [member="Pierce"]

Recycled helmet? Who did this guy think he was talking too? Pierce looked at [member="Kat"] Kendrid and slid out of the seat, slowly nodding, "Excuse me."

Pierce stood up and walked, nearly silently, towards the man who had just shouted in insult at him. At very least, he would give him a good stare, at worst, he'd loose his tongue. As Pierce approached [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] he glared at him, checking him head to toe before engaging. He had a split second to think, should he or shouldn't he engage? He made up his mind.

"What did you say about my helmet, punk?" Hoping that he'd say something stupid so he could blow this guy away, he continued, "Huh?"

[spoiler Redoran Karr [/spoiler]

Time: Around Noon
Objective: N/A
Running Protocols: Covert, "Human-Like", Discreet

As the large, hulking man walked into the Cantina, he quickly tucked his weapons away into his leather jacket. Looking around, he scanned each individual that seemed to pose some sort of a threat. This scan ran for individuals wearing combat armor, carrying military-grade weapons, or carrying a lightsaber. Four individual reports were produced, each of them carrying a lightsaber ([member="Redoran Karr"]), wearing a Beskar'gam ([member="Kat Kenrid"]), speaking in an aggressive tone (@Pierce), or being spoken to in an aggressive tone ([member="Oni-Karat Sevas"]). Once he completed evaluating the scan that appeared in the top left corner of his view, he dismissed it and progressed slowly into the cantina, turning his head left and right to evaluate the common cantina goers.

Once situated, he sat in the corner of the cantina, a dim light hovering above his table. As the waitress, a Twi'Lek, approached him he looked up slowly through his sunglasses and spoke casually.

"Whatever you have that will not intoxicate me, please. A regular drink." he said, trying to be as Human like as possible.

"Sir... you have t-" she tried to say.

"A regular drink." he added, cutting her off and dismissing her quickly before she insisted on him buying something else.

As he waited for the drink to arrive back at his table, he turned his head and watched the conversation escalate between the two in the center of the cantina. An interesting urinary Olympics.

The discussion was interrupted as someone ([member="Oni-Karat Sevas"]) addressed the man she was speaking with, and doing so called his helmet "recycled" she let out a sigh. She'd been to so many places like this, she had seen so many reactions from that. And as [member="Pierce"] told her to excuse him she was pretty sure she knew the type that he was going to go with. The man with a lightsaber ([member="Redoran Karr"]) had chosen to also try and talk with the guy about the off world comment. But soon the man she was speaking with was already over there and sounded like he was trying to get the fight started.

She shook her head as she stood up, only passively noticing the man speaking with a twi'lek ([member="Jardann Lancus"]) he hadn't yet done something she could really hear or see as being off yet so she mostly went to see what the others were doing. She stepped so that she was just outside the middle of them smiling and holding her hands out, "Why don't we keep things respectful. Or at least, take it outside. I'm sure getting kicked out would be just a bit irritating."

There was really only so much she was going to bother doing to try and stop a fight from breaking out. She'd only met the one of them, quite literally within the last few minutes. She was mainly just trying to keep the peace here. But if it failed, at least it wouldn't be on her not trying at all. She did however step aside slightly to comment to the lightsaber wielder ([member="Redoran Karr"],) "I'd take you, but the price would depend on where you're trying to go. And you'd be leaving that thing off and not in hand." she said nodding her head to the lightsaber, "Don't really feel like getting a head removed any time soon when my back is turned."

Oni has a moment to hit the key on his helmet to reignite the display as Redoran calls out for him, before it seems he'd warranted the attention of Pierce. He'd sigh internally and flick the strap over his T-6, it wouldn't punch any holes in Beskar, but the force of heavy blaster should knock him off balance. Naturally, he'd stand up as Pierce approached, but didn't look combatative. He was quite a good deal shorter than the mando as well, but it would only take a moment's notice to realize they weren't in the same weight class.

While he wanted to address Redoran first, it was probably best to address Pierce. His head tilted this way and that before he sighs, this time audibly. "I'm assuming I was mistaken? It looks to be First Order make, but I'm guessing it's something special under that paint?" He didn't appear agitated, or itching for a fight. Just merely making casual observations. Using his non-readied hand he'd tap the sides of one of the four eye-slits. "Scanners can't tell exactly what material it is, only the general markings."

At the entrance of yet another armed and burly looking patron, his plan for waiting for his client in here was looking pretty dour. Thankfully, it seems the green one, was acting as a mediator. Her suggestion was a good way to get outside without issue....and affirming he'd only have to brawl with one if he was followed out. "In all honesty, I was just about to head out. Getting tired of waiting for my guest."

Finally responding to Redoran. "We can talk terms away from prying ears if you'd prefer. Or go with her, seems you've got options."

Lightsaber? His own position at the far point of the bar kept the saber out of his view. Meanwhile, his focus would be primarily on Pierce he could likely match this guy in a draw, or at least close enough for a tie. Accuracy would weigh in on how effective the shot was from there, but that is only if things go south.

"Trust me ma'am I have no intention of using my lightsaber here, but it stays with me." he said to green skinned woman, "but you sir," he said turning to the other man, "I might just take you up on that."

"Now, however, I think you all may have got off on the wrong foot. I absolutely agree with our friend here that taking this outside would be better than getting kicked out. Once we're outside you can argue about those buckets on your head"

Redoran wasn't usually one for problem solving, but large armored men looking to fight in a small cantina could never work out, here or back home. He was just lucky he wasn't back home or he might have already had a lightsaber to the throat just for intervening. He hoped these folk weren't as crazy as the sith.

[member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] [member="Pierce"] [member="Kat Kenrid"]

Pierce looked at both of them before turning his back to the man, motioning to follow him outside. He heavily stepped out the doorway an out into the dusty street of the city. Pierce looked around, this was as good a place as any to fight. He grabbed the two halves of a hilt and twisted them together before pushing a button which had locked them in place. He didn't think that he'd need a saber, but best to be prepared. He reached his left hand back, locking it onto his belt and concealed under his cloak. He was hoping that the man would show, and if he was lucky, some more might throw some bets. It wasn't unusual for Pierce to jump into action to defend his honor, but compared to some of the other stuff he'd heard, this was rather tame.

Regardless of anything, an insult is an instult. Whether it was a drink too many, or just a little bit of bravado, it didn't matter, Pierce was ready for a brawl and hoping this creature would deliver.

[member="Redoran Karr"] [member="Kat Kenrid"] [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"]

He'd sigh, seeing the other patron still seemed to be itching for a fight. A quick check at the time and he'd shrug. It was past time for his original client to show up, so he might as well head out. He'd let Pierce lead the way out, resisting the desire to simply take advantage of the back turned to him. It was best off that he wasn't accurately estimated and still underestimated.

To Redoran, now that Pierce was outside preparing, he offers a hand, a silver ring against the palm of the glove. "Well, I think I can manage a fare. Outer rim, wild space, or core worlds? Handle's Oni, by the way. If you need a name, that'll do."

If the hand shake was accepted, he'd lead the way out to join Pierce in the streets. His blaster is still unbuckled, and he'd take a quick peek around at the area for any others before he'd stretch his legs out a bit.

His feet would spread out into a nice, balanced, low stance that seemed reminiscent of militaristic styling. It was his own tuning on his Red Talon CQC that focused on his ridiculous strength...though he would also, more cautiously offer a hand.

"This really isn't necessary, but peace is still on the table."

The armored man continued to respond to Pierce, he was not aggressive. But that didn't mean he wasn't potentially. Or wouldn't stand up for himself in a fight. The lightsaber holder seemed to have no violent intentions with the weapon but he did seem to prefer the armored fellow's offer. He was also in agreement about moving this outside. Well, at least there was that. [member="Pierce"] was especially eager to make this into a fight apparently, moving outside, followed by [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] after giving [member="Redoran Karr"] an offer.

She shook her head, but decided to follow them anyway, putting on her helmet for her own safety and leaning against the wall of the building. Old style shootout it seemed, she never was one for them. Always shook her head when she saw it inevitably happen in the places she'd grown up in, "This really won't solve much. If anything it'll cause more problems based off a misunderstanding." she commented, admittedly, mostly to Pierce but it was just said aloud.

Though really, she was resigned to the fact they were going to fight. Right now she just figured she might as well watch, see what happens and decide what to do after that, if [member="Redoran Karr"] had chosen to step out as well she would comment quietly, "By the way I didn't mean you couldn't bring the weapon. Doesn't really matter much to me though passengers, especially ones with those, usually cause trouble eventually. Hopefully your current ride off this world makes it though. Can't say I'm rooting for him, or the other, just impartial. I've seen too much of this nonsense to really care what happens between them once they're certain to fight so long as I'm not cought up in it."

"Name's Red, pleasure to meet you. I'm looking to get as close to the core worlds as possible. And I'm eager to see what's about to go down outside. I'm betting on you big guy." He said shaking the mans hand and turning to walk outside. He stepped out of the cantina. He turned to the green woman to answer her, "sorry, people like me get jittery when they arent in possession of their lightsabers. Big thing for us. I see this fight going either way so if the big guy with the ride doesnt make it out, you and I can make a deal" he extended his hand out to her for a handshake in agreement. He would see where the situation went next pretty quickly.

[member="Oni-Karat Sevas"][member="Kat Kenrid"][member="Pierce"]

OOC: sorry if the dialogue is hard to read, I couldnt highlight it like normal since I'm on my phone writing this.

Piece looked at the machine for a moment, thinking intently. Was it really worth the trouble?

"Throw down your weapons, let's keep this clean." As Pierce said this, he unclipped his holster and dropped it, with his pistol still in it, to the ground. He stepped towards [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] and looked him up and down, he had gauged that he was looking for a fight, and this guy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and he would sadly end up being a punching bag to unleash Pierces inner rage. In all reality, this had nothing to do with the recycled helmet comment, and everything to do with his mood. Waiting for the guy to drop his weapons, he stepped towards his and raised his hands in a fighting positon,

[member="Kat Kenrid"] [member="Redoran Karr"]

There is a clearly evident sigh seeing Pierce drop his weapon. Possibly a ploy to get his blaster? He'd clip the blaster into the holster before unclipping the holster itself. There was a soft thunk as he tossed it out of the way of the supposed scuffle and towards the path towards his ship. He'd slip his A280 off his back to toss over to his blaster as well.

Instead of talking to Pierce, he'd instead refer to Red. "This should be over rather quickly. My ship is waiting in Bay 9. If this guy is more agile than he looks, he has a chance of winning."

Of course, this was a ploy to further antagonize him and make him lose his cool. In all honesty, his footwork was where he was slow, and anticipating a faster opponent, he'd shift his stance to more of a grappling and throwing stance to utilize his superior weight, smaller height, and greater strength. As this is more of a defensive, he'll not be the first to move.

[member="Redoran Karr"] Mentioned to [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] that his name was 'Red' and the intentions of his leaving of this planet. Getting close to the core worlds? Hm. Could be a great number of reasons why someone would do that. After they got outside he answered her, about his lightsaber and others like him. And that if the big guy lost maybe they could make a deal extending his hand, she took it and gave it a single up and down, "Works for me, names Kat. Can't really say it'll change much, but mind if I ask which you are? You know, Jedi, Sith, Knight of Ren, whatever else this galaxy has with those." she inquired, though her attention did get drawn back to the fight.

She let out a slight chuckle, "Well, at least they're not using weapons. Might feel like interfering if there's a cheater, not sure yet. Not that you can't kill someone without a weapon of course. This oughta be interesting either way. Still, kind of pointless overall. Won't prove much."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom