Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dusk's Dance

The blue lightsaber carved shapes through the fresh evening air, as Aveline went through another set of sequences. The brunette Padawan dressed simply, in loose pants and tight tunics, the brown Jedi robe thrown to the side. She deactivated the blade as soon as she felt Aris approach.

"You're early" she said with a friendly smile, then kicked lightly at the two training sabers down on the ground. "Your choice" she wasn't really sure if he had a preference on training vs actual lightsaber.

New Cov was a place both new and strange to her, but she was getting used to it quick. It helped to have a new friendly face around. The daily training sessions were well and good, but if one really wanted to improve and reach ones potential, slacking wasn't the way to go, Aveline thought. Besides, it helped keep her thoughts focused and not drift to more troubling matters.

She was glad to get out of the old training rooms as well. She'd found a spot outside, beneath the stars, taking in whatever it was this place had to offer.

xiqfVVX.png

"I figured I'd arrive early so when you did we could begin right away, but it seems you were here first." He smiled faintly. Respectfully bowed his head. If he was honest, he was looking forward to this. A lot of people liked to spar, but this was a different form from what the others had been practicing as of late. At least that was Aris's understanding.

Djem So.

He flicked on his own lightsaber, though without the telltale hum that would normally accompany it. Entropite didn't give off sound after all. "My saber has a nonlethal edge, and I'd like to continue practicing using it, if that's alright with you."

Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin

Aveline gave him a nod of understanding. "Nice and efficient, I like it. I won't hold us up" she pulled a training saber up to her palm with the Force. He seemed eager to get started, and she was happy to oblige.

Her eyes stuck to his blade. There was something so strange about expecting a sound that never came, she had to add it in her mind before it made her crazy. "Wow, never seen that before" she felt that natural impulse of touching it, but let the intrusive thoughts lose. "That's pretty neat. No, I don't mind at all"
"So, Djem So, huh? I've done a few lessons, but I'm not really much more than a beginner myself. A mix of power and control. Strong, purposeful moves, and deadly on the counter-attack" she repeated the basics of the form, at least as far as she understood it. Partially to herself, partially to let him interject or add to it.

Aveline aligned herself into an opening stance; her feet a shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, with her body balanced and centered. She held the training saber with both hands, angled slightly downward, ready to leap into action at a moment's notice

xiqfVVX.png

"It's called Entropite. Master Noble taught he how to make one, and it's very handy." It was something he liked to have after retrieving his crystal from Ilum. And now he would use it. He followed her stance somewhat, but rather than begin in the same he lifted his blade over head in both hands. Falling Avalanche, right away. "Controlling the flow of battle, rather than just reacting to it as Soresu would teach. I'm ready when you are."

XO4egqR.png

Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble

"Impressive. I'll have to look into that" Aveline said, remembering and immediately choosing to forget that this was the Grandmaster's son. Definitely training saber then. "And not as reckless or physically exhausting as Ataru" despite her playful grin, she hoped she hadn't offended her dear Ataru by that statement. It had been her go to for all these years, after all.

"Here's me hoping you were going first, but you got it" she said, maintaining that same carefree expression. It was hard to counter-attack without anyone actually attacking. Aveline did the honours, stepping forwards quickly with a thrusting stab, hoping to keep him on his toes before she quickly followed up by a more powerful diagonal swing.

xiqfVVX.png

"Controlled."

So that's what the difference was between Djem So and what he had learned from Ko. This strike wasn't the be all end all, he would have to prepare his thoughts for what came after to make sure he controlled the flow of the battle. There was an awkward pause as he kept his stance and similarly waited as she might have for the first strike.

Right, someone had to make the first move.

At least Aveline decided to take the first step forward. He slipped to the side of her strike, but didn't bring down his blow just yet. Not until she followed up, in which he brought his blade down with all his might to meet hers. All of it, which was supernaturally strong especially considering his age. He was crazily strong after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom